Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: baby Isaac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 116 Old 01-12-2007, 02:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Congratulations Jenelle!!! Welcome baby Isaac!
#63 of 116 Old 01-12-2007, 04:01 PM

(Shoot guys... I will have to try again later... sorry!)

here is a slideshow, if it works right!

yeah, my husband always looks drunk or stoned in pictures... he's not i swear
#64 of 116 Old 01-12-2007, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenelle View Post
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...9.765626763109

here is a slideshow, if it works right!

yeah, my husband always looks drunk or stoned in pictures... he's not i swear
Try again!
#65 of 116 Old 01-12-2007, 06:27 PM

Oh oh I want to see pictures try again.

Mom to Iris and Henry
#66 of 116 Old 01-13-2007, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations, Jenelle! Welcome, Issac!

I wanna see pics too...
#67 of 116 Old 01-13-2007, 10:26 PM

Julian is slowly weaning. I am so happy we made it to two years, but nursing is really just wearing on me. Since I made my last post and vented my frustrations, I have not tolerated any sort of nipple twiddling. I tell him firmly that no, we're not going to be doing that anymore. Usually he unlatches and just rolls over. Its sad and difficult for me, but I think its important that I try to keep what nursing time we do have as positive so he remembers it that way, not as mommy pushing his hands away and telling him all done because she can't take it anymore.

Nap time is the best because we nurse for a short time, and he doesn't even try to touch my free nipple. We cuddle and he falls asleep in my arms. Its how I want to remember our nursing time.

On an interesting note, I've worn a bra this week for the first time in over 2 years. Woo Hoo!
#68 of 116 Old 01-13-2007, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Why would you do that? I wish I never had to wear a bra. So so jealous!

I'm sorry this is so hard. I can imaging it's going to be bittersweet. You've done such an amazing job though. Never know, he might decide he wants to try again when the baby arrives or maybe he'll adjust his nursing habits and you'll both be happy. Maybe he'll wean and it will be easy and mutual. I think however it happens, it'll be perfect. You are a good mama.
#69 of 116 Old 01-15-2007, 10:44 PM

not much going on here. max is resisting bed time. he'll come in asking for milkies and when i tell him we'll go lay down in the bed he changes his mind and walks back out
#70 of 116 Old 01-15-2007, 11:43 PM

Owen was doing the same thing w/sleep too. But he would stay up until midnight We have since cut out his naps and he goes to bed at 8 now. Thankfully.

Oh and the best news, and I know this is b/c of the enzyme replacement therapy, he is finally starting to sleep at night. I'm so glad I didn't try to nightwean him (or that my intuition told me not to do it now) as there was a physical reason for the nightwaking. I'm just so darn happy about it
#71 of 116 Old 01-16-2007, 12:00 AM

Yea, bedtime is fun for us here, too. Aiden will be almost asleep cuddling with us on the couch & then jump up to stop himself from sleeping. It isn't unusual for me to have to carry him (protesting LOUDLY) all the way to the bedroom & lay him down next to me. He doesn't nurse, but he likes to cuddle with the "baby's nursies" & twiddle a bit when I let him get away with it. He's usually murmering "no, no, no" as he falls asleep.

In other news... I was really on the ball today & gave him vitamin C induced diarreah (I know I butchered the spelling, lol). I have a sore throat so I made up some Emergen-C for myself. Except that I make it like quadruple strength cause it tastes lousy otherwise. Aiden saw it & asked for some & I thought, "why not -- he's the one who gave you the sore throat, it wouldn't hurt & if his throat still hurts, it'll be soothing." When he had the nasty, huge blowout diaper it never occurred to me why that might be. Later I gave him a little more, and sure enough, I got to clean up another huge mess. It didn't occur to me until HOURS later why that might have happened.
#72 of 116 Old 01-16-2007, 01:07 AM - Thread Starter

Eeww. Duly noted. I bet I've done that and never even knew.
#73 of 116 Old 01-16-2007, 02:04 PM

I think I did that to both of mine the other day. I gave them the same dose as me (although I take it a couple times daily) and realized afterwards it was too much.

K-M,
I'm glad Owen's therapy is helping so much! what great news!
#74 of 116 Old 01-16-2007, 02:49 PM

That's great news about Owen's therapy!!!

Bedtime has really chnaged around here since the nightweening. I put iris to bed around 8:30 using the same routine we've been using and she goes really easily. Then she wakes up one time and my husband goes in and sleeps with her, She sleeps untill 7 ish. I didn't realize how much waking up so often was affecting her. We are both so much happier. I feel alive for the first time in two years. the best side effect is that now when ever she wants to nurse i want to do it b/c i don't feel sore and tired and sick of nursing when i wake up.

She is still going with the potty but only when we are at home and she can go pantsless. if I put her in underwear she pees right away.

Mom to Iris and Henry
#75 of 116 Old 01-16-2007, 05:28 PM

Hi everybody, just wanted to say I'm still around, mostly popping in and quickly reading this thread, then on to something else. I never really got involved in the January 07 DDC, mostly lurked and posted if something actually interested me. Now that I'm not pg. anymore, I have no interest in the pregnancy forums at all! So happy to not be pg. anymore!

We are all adjusting pretty well since Isaac was born. Thanks to everyone for the congrats! Sorry I still haven't managed to come up with a picture on here... I really wish that slideshow would have worked out... that would have been so easy! I am still trying to figure out all this digital camera crap. I can send an "invitation" to our slideshow to certain email addresses, but I can't figure out how to just post a damn link to it. :
#76 of 116 Old 01-16-2007, 06:17 PM

Jenelle- I am glad to hear you are all doing well. I hope you are getting some rest.

Mom to Iris and Henry
#77 of 116 Old 01-16-2007, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenelle View Post
I can send an "invitation" to our slideshow to certain email addresses, but I can't figure out how to just post a damn link to it. :
So glad the transition is going well for you! What I usually do to post pics is send it to one of my other email accts (or have them send you a copy of the email they send to the other email accts, then copy that link out of the email & post it.
#78 of 116 Old 01-16-2007, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamonamon View Post
So glad the transition is going well for you! What I usually do to post pics is send it to one of my other email accts (or have them send you a copy of the email they send to the other email accts, then copy that link out of the email & post it.
Well, I think that is what I tried to do! I will try again here:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...Uy=s2b0c2&Ux=0

As you will see from the pictures (if it actually works), I don't have an amazing natural home birth story to share with you all... sorry to disappoint. But he is here and he is healthy, and he took to nursing quite well.

The link works for me, for now! Let me know...
#79 of 116 Old 01-16-2007, 08:32 PM

Oh my gosh, he is so beautiful! Just perfect, and sweet. I can't wait!
#80 of 116 Old 01-16-2007, 08:46 PM

Jenelle He is so adorable. just perfect- and you look great too.

Mom to Iris and Henry
#81 of 116 Old 01-16-2007, 08:50 PM

oooh, he is too adorable! his eyes are so big already!

and, yes, your dh does looked stoned in all the pictures that's how i photograph too.
#82 of 116 Old 01-16-2007, 09:51 PM

Great pictures! So glad you got the link to work.

You look great, glad the birth went well and he looks like he is a big guy already!
#83 of 116 Old 01-16-2007, 10:38 PM

Wow... he's so precious. You have a beautiful family, Jenelle (you included!).
#84 of 116 Old 01-16-2007, 10:49 PM

Congrats Jenelle, he is a cutie
#85 of 116 Old 01-17-2007, 12:27 AM - Thread Starter

OMG that last picture! He's adorable!
#86 of 116 Old 01-17-2007, 02:44 AM

Look at all those boys! You have a gorgeous family Jenelle.
#87 of 116 Old 01-17-2007, 02:11 PM

thanks everybody, so glad i got the link to work too! i don't know what i did wrong the first time...

well, i'm off to give a sponge bath. :yawning:
#88 of 116 Old 01-17-2007, 05:57 PM

Congratulations Jenelle! Wow! What a gorgeous baby and family. Enjoy this special time!

You guys were discussing howmany words your little ones were using ... way back on page 2 or 3. Thought I'd jump in, but I don't want to sound like I'm bragging!

I'd say that Wyatt has about 200 words that he consistenly uses in context and in a way that we can understand him. He uses full sentences, and often puts together very complex thoughts about feelings and consequences, or a stream of actions, or a memory of something that becomes a story. Usually, when I get home from work, he yells "Nurse!" Then, he proceeds to tell me everythign he and his dad did dthat day ... "played ball, read books, daisy barked, changed diaper, pooped and peed in potty, ate cheese ..." on and on until the day is accounted for. Its so sweet.

He also has about 20 words that are just his, made up, that he uses in interesting ways, like "mommy! there's a ferta in your hair!" or "Minga on the table!" or, (my favorite "flicka frick frick flttthea minga ferta!!"

I really love how verbal he is, and I espeically love to see him engaging in imaginative play. This is such a fun age!
#89 of 116 Old 01-17-2007, 06:56 PM

Aren't the words great! I was telling the boys what we were going to do today & a few minutes later I told them to get their coats & Aiden yelled "mama, NO go yarn store!" Too cute...we went anyways.

He also always tells us when he's been "crying." It's in "" because it's usually a temper cry, which I don't put in the same rank as the distressed/scared/hurt cry. He cries when he doesn't get to go somewhere, or doesn't want someone else to do something (he hates it when I take showers??), etc. I've had to learn NOT to respond to every cry with the same idea of importance. DS1 didn't really did this -- he was/is much more accepting of what we do, ya know? Aiden will haul off & throw his cup at you if you give him his water cup instead of one with juice/rice milk, etc. in it. (of course that's tapering off since we don't give in any more -- plus he then has to go & pick up his cup if he wants it a minute later -- mama's not going to get it for him! What a temper!
#90 of 116 Old 01-18-2007, 03:37 AM

Sadie's just starting to string 2 and 3 words together. She "practices" her words all the time, saying single words or phrases at random, over and over in different ways..."nice, babee" or "nice bebe" or "niiiice babeeee", etc. She regularly wakes up in the middle of the night and says a couple of words before going back to sleep. As soon as she wakes up in the morning it's non-stop chatter. Some real words and some Sadie words. And she's a singing fool. We've been enjoying "Frosty the Snowman" for 2 months now. More recently she's taken to singing Happy Birthday to herself.

The cast comes off on Monday!!! I cannot wait to give this kid a bath. She has adapted quite well to it though and is walking all over the place now. It's still so pitiful to see her dragging that thing around though, especially if she's in a bad mood or upset.

This is kinda weird -- ever since the cast went on she's been holding her poop. It's making me nuts. She'll lay on her tummy and squeeze her legs together to try not to go. But then she'll be visibly uncomfortable until she does go. Argh. Do you think it's a coincidence? The timing of the cast I mean? I was thinking it was a control issue, maybe cause she felt vulnerable. Thoughts anyone?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page