December '04 Mamas Rockin in the New Year - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 116 Old 01-18-2007, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadiesmom View Post
This is kinda weird -- ever since the cast went on she's been holding her poop. It's making me nuts. She'll lay on her tummy and squeeze her legs together to try not to go. But then she'll be visibly uncomfortable until she does go. Argh. Do you think it's a coincidence? The timing of the cast I mean? I was thinking it was a control issue, maybe cause she felt vulnerable. Thoughts anyone?
I'm glad the cast is off soon! Poor girl. I wonder if the cast doesn't stop her from being in her desired position to poo? ds1 always laid on his stomach to poo & ds2 (I think) usually squats a bit. Maybe it distresses her to not be able to go "her way?"
#92 of 116 Old 01-18-2007, 11:54 AM

Poor Sadie!! I'm glad it will be over soon. It sounds to me like the cast is responsible for the issues. Hopefully they will go away shortly after the cast is gone.

Jett is big on dancing, and occasionally singing. Sadly, he gets shy about it, though and mostly only sings for his daddy. Every once in a while, I'll get to experience his songs, too.

We're having a lot of fun these days. His teething seems to have worn off, at least for now and happy ole Jett is back.

SAHPilot Mama to a 5yoson, a 17 mo old daughter, and wife to .
Worried about your baby's head shape? PM me for craniosynostosis info!
#93 of 116 Old 01-18-2007, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Cole will dance to ANYTHING! He finds toys that make music (if even for a few seconds) and pushes the button, stands up to dance, music is over by the time he's standing up, repeat. He gets in one good booty shake.
#94 of 116 Old 01-18-2007, 09:19 PM

I think there must be a connection to the cast and the pooping. Hnag in there and try not to let her get to backed up...trust me it sucks when they are constipated.

Iris started gymnastics today. She calls it chapsticks. It is basically just a warm up and then a free for all. They have lots of great equipment and those trampolines that are in the floor. It is really fun.

She is still potyying but only when naked. If I put her in underwear she pees.It is pretty frustrating.

Mom to Iris and Henry
#95 of 116 Old 01-19-2007, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannymom View Post
I think there must be a connection to the cast and the pooping. Hnag in there and try not to let her get to backed up...trust me it sucks when they are constipated.
Yeah I know. That's why I was so frustrated -- we've been down that road already.: Anyway, good news, it comes off tomorrow instead of Monday. Yay.

Chapsticks That is so cute!
#96 of 116 Old 01-20-2007, 10:54 PM

just thought we could use a little bump. I was affraid I had lost the thread.

Mom to Iris and Henry
#97 of 116 Old 01-22-2007, 11:32 AM

After all of my complaining I had to come here and post that last night it finally happened Iris slept all night with out waking up.

: : :

There was a part of me that thought this day may never actually come.

Mom to Iris and Henry
#98 of 116 Old 01-22-2007, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannymom View Post
After all of my complaining I had to come here and post that last night it finally happened Iris slept all night with out waking up.

: : :

There was a part of me that thought this day may never actually come.
My 4 year old has never done this...

In his defense, when he wakes now, he just comes into our room & snuggles up to me, then goes back to sleep.

Aiden is healthy again & (I think) over his apple juice "addiction," so he's sleeping better. Except that I think he talks/yells in his sleep. Last night I finally realized that my repeated "WHAT do you want?!" was actually waking him up...even though he was flailing & talking/requesting something. I don't know why I'm surprised; I'm told I talk in my sleep all the time...

Oh, and on the juice front -- he actually requested his water cup last night! :
#99 of 116 Old 01-22-2007, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

I'm here. Just not much time for the net lately.

Things are good. Cole is talking up a storm. He's in love with shoes and magnadoodle.
#100 of 116 Old 01-22-2007, 08:38 PM

...same for me....so busy lately.

Jett's still addicted to trains and we're having lots of fun, too....so we keep buying more pieces. His speech is exploding and we just love it. It's so much more pleasant in our household when we can can communicate more effectively. He's eating AND nursing more, both. He's so chubby right now....for him, anyway. We're getting ready to head out the door right now and he's waiting with an airplane, a locomotive and a puppet rabbit in his arms. Gotta go!

SAHPilot Mama to a 5yoson, a 17 mo old daughter, and wife to .
Worried about your baby's head shape? PM me for craniosynostosis info!
#101 of 116 Old 01-22-2007, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow, Jett and Charlie are really on the same track. I swear the day after I wrote my last post he started his language explosion, too. A couple weeks ago it was all pointing and signs and now it's "BOOB! BOOB! BOOB! BOOB NOW MOMMY! OTHER BOOB!" in the check-out. Bit of a mixed blessing.

Ditto on the imaginative play. Charlie loves little dolls and his dollhouse. He could care less about blocks. He'll play cars and trains after watching other boys play cars and trains... but he always designates one to be the mommy and one to be the baby and has them go around together. His favorite game is to hand me a mommy and to hide a baby and have me have the mommy go looking for the baby.

Congrats on Iris sleeping through the night, Nannymom! You deserve it. Charlie has slept a 5-6 hour stretch a handful of times in his life but it's still mostly BOOB! BOOB! BOOB! every 2-3 hours at night and about ever other minute during the day, all day long.
#102 of 116 Old 01-22-2007, 09:41 PM

Julian is thankfully sleeping through the night now, too. He doesn't nurse after I put him down, so I'm sure that has alot to do with it. Some nights he'll wake up and we'll cuddle back to sleep but usually he sleeps straight through until the alarm. Its nice for this pregnant lady!
#103 of 116 Old 01-22-2007, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörð View Post
I'm here. Just not much time for the net lately.

Things are good. Cole is talking up a storm. He's in love with shoes and magnadoodle.
Iris loves the magnadoodle too.

Mom to Iris and Henry
#104 of 116 Old 01-22-2007, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

Cole loves any doodle type thing. He's a big fan of the aqua doodle too. He chews on the pen and it's kinda gross though.
#105 of 116 Old 01-23-2007, 03:27 AM

Oh I am so envious of you mommies with kiddos that sleep through the night! Sadie slept from 9pm to 6am once when she was 9 mo. old. That's it. Otherwise she wakes up several times throughout the night still. Except for last night -- she woke up so many times I lost count. Teething I think. And then there's the 4am - 7am boobie snack bar every morning. I love that.

She got her cast off on Friday. Yay. She's still getting used to walking without it though, and pretty much drags her foot and walks kinda sideways. The doctor told us it might take about a week for her to get back to normal. I miss seeing my little girl run around! But at least it's off. She didn't want to get out of the bath on Friday night! It had been over 3 weeks.
#106 of 116 Old 01-23-2007, 05:04 PM

Well we are doing well. Rozzie has been demanding lately and regressing into babyhood. Wants to be in sling all the time (padded ring sling i used when she was tiny and i had no experience) NAK'ing fake baby cries, it is really annoying. i am glad the cast is off.
#107 of 116 Old 01-24-2007, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozzie'sma View Post
Well we are doing well. Rozzie has been demanding lately and regressing into babyhood. Wants to be in sling all the time (padded ring sling i used when she was tiny and i had no experience) NAK'ing fake baby cries, it is really annoying. i am glad the cast is off.
It seems like the last trimester or so is when the (outside the womb) dc seem to regress almost instinctively -- as if they know it's their last chance to "be the baby" or something. I can hardly sit down without my two climbing up on me to snuggle (i.e. sit on my knitting, pull at my yarn, climb up me to crawl around the back of the couch...).
#108 of 116 Old 01-24-2007, 10:46 AM

So....last night (or this morning I guess) at 3:30 in the morning I hear a door open and dh says "oh God she's at the door" and Iris just comes walking out of her room talking about her train set. So, I guess this starts a new issue....

Mom to Iris and Henry
#109 of 116 Old 01-24-2007, 11:24 AM

Nannymom, Eli is still in his crib for this reason. Thankfully, he hasn't even attempted to climb out of it yet... the thought just hasn't occured to him I guess. When Aidan is done with kindergarten at the end of May, we are going to re-do his room for both of them and probably get bunk beds. Then we can move Isaac out of our room at some point after that, and he and his things can actually have their own space!
#110 of 116 Old 01-24-2007, 11:28 AM

It's funny-my first thought was of the bed rail I threw away My dh is going to sleep in there tonight and hopefuly she won't get up. Right now she just wants me so, I'm sure she'll just come to my room but I bet it won't be long before mischeif sets in...

Mom to Iris and Henry
#111 of 116 Old 01-26-2007, 09:17 PM

Max has done the wake and walk thing too. It's a little creepy because all of a sudden he's just *there* with no warning. Usually both my kids are quite noisy upon waking so I'm not used to him getting up quietly without whining.
#112 of 116 Old 01-28-2007, 12:12 PM

I think Iris may have finally made the connection that underpants do not equal diapers. She has been wearing undies for two hours and has peed twice w/o wetting them. She did sit down on the potty w/o pulling them down but dh caught her. I think she needs to learn to pull them down. I was kind of starting to loose faith b/c she does so well when naked from the waist down (thank goodness for babylegs or she would always be freezing).

Is anyone else expereinceing "the teriible 2s"? I just feel like iris has been so cranky and whiny no matter what we are doing. Yesterday we went for a hike along the french broad river and she cried and complained almost the entire time b/c she couldn't touch the water. It ruined the hike. I also have noticed that when she wakes up from her nap she sort of cries and whines all afternoon no matter what we are doing. It's been going on for a few weeks and it's driving me crazy. I hate feeling like she is never happy.

Mom to Iris and Henry
#113 of 116 Old 01-28-2007, 11:43 PM

Nannymom, Eli has been more whiny lately too. We have been hearing "NO" a lot... he can't make up his mind about things... etc. I really don't think it is related to Isaac being here, either. This was starting before he was even born. I think it is just the age. This is the time when they are really trying to figure out what their boundaries are, what they can and cannot get away with, etc. Just don't make the mistake of giving her whatever she wants in an effort to make her happy... this will backfire!

Friday night I ended up in the E.R. -- long story short, I was diagnosed with "endometritis" - an infection of the lining of the uterus. It was pretty bad... so I've got some really hard-core antibiotics... great. I am feeling better now, though, and I was just so happy to not have to have surgery of some kind. What I was the most concerned about through the whole thing was being able to continue nursing. Anytime I found myself crying, it wasn't because of the pain, it was because I was picturing all of these scenarios in my mind, in which they told me that I had to give him formula. So thank God that didn't happen! I would have been so heartbroken.
#114 of 116 Old 01-29-2007, 02:06 PM

Jenelle - I hope you are feeling better. And I am glad that the antibiotics you are taking are breastfeeding safe.

Niko has been teething and a little grumpy at night. Most of the time he is a happy kid. Unless he sees something he wants and cannot have, then he turns into a whinny little monster with one goal, to get whatever it is that he wants. I was taking DD to JuJitsu classes and Nike would whine the whole time trying to play with the little water fountain that was set up on the front counter. I am almost glad DD decided she doesn't like the class so I don't have to deal with the fountain.
#115 of 116 Old 01-29-2007, 02:52 PM

Jenelle-That sounds liek a pretty frightening ordeal. I hope you feel better soon.

Mom to Iris and Henry
#116 of 116 Old 02-01-2007, 01:34 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page