December '04 Mamas Rockin in the New Year - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-01-2007, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...=570885&page=7

Happy New Year and congrats to all the expecting mamas and toddlers having birthdays!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2007, 01:52 AM

Happy New Year!

Aiden cracked us up today at my sister's house. He was putting on dh's hat while we smiled & commented on how cute he was, so a few minutes later he asked for the hat again & said "I cute, papa's hat!"

I do believe these compliments are going to his head...
Old 01-02-2007, 02:09 AM - Thread Starter

That's cute!

Cole is really putting together sentances now too. He told me earlier- "Gog bite a hand!" He just won't leave her alone. The dog that is.

He's very busy here right now with a christmas gift we finally opened about an hour ago. Some little people schoolhouse. I think it's stupid but he's in love.

He's calling me mom now. It's cute. C-"Mom. Mom. Mama. Mom. MOM!!!!!!!!!!"
I finally say what? (Sleeping or something...) C- I love you.

It's so cute I could just die. That's it. I love you.

I want 10 more just like him.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörð View Post
It's so cute I could just die. That's it. I love you.

I want 10 more just like him.
How sweet!!! It's moments like these that make it ALL worth it.

We had a really rough night with Eli. :

When he woke up yesterday, I thought we were on the road to recovery... his fever seemed to be almost gone, and he told me his ears didn't hurt, and his cough hasn't been that bad at all... he ate some grapes and was at least walking around here playing with toys instead of just wanting to rock.

So - of course! - as soon as I send Daddy an hour away with the van and his carseat, he wakes up from his nap with a raging fever again and soooo miserable. Aaaagh!

So I call the "Primetime Pediatrics" here in town and they said we had to be signed in by 4:30 to be seen on New Year's Day.

...I haven't showered, brushed my hair, my teeth - anything. I throw myself together, change his diaper, put on his slippers, our coats, etc. - all the while trying to carry/hold this miserable 2-year-old on my 9 months pregnant belly... hook up our spare carseat, completely illegally and unsafely I'm sure, in the front of my husband's old-ass Bronco, because there is NO WAY that I could have physically maneuvered it into the back and actually gotten Eli strapped into it with all of my huge pregnant-ness right now.

We cruise into the dr. office just in time to make the cut-off for sign-in, and as soon as I walk in the door, the nurse tells me "just so you know, the wait is 3 to 3 1/2 hours right now".

Well, there was no way I was going to hang out in the waiting room with all of those other sick people for THAT LONG, especially when I hadn't given Eli any Tylenol or anything because I wanted them to have an accurate picture of what was going on with him. So I decided we would try to get through until this morning, when I could get him in to see his regular doctor.

All he wanted to do when we got home was sleep. We had trouble getting him to eat or drink anything - not even a popscicle, which usually he is soooo excited to have! I had to alternate the Tylenol and Motrin for awhile, just to keep him somewhat happy... but he has been SUPER clingy, and of course HAD to sleep with us last night - which was just a joke. I don't think dh or I got very much sleep at all.

So we've got Eli in bed with us... wanting a drink... needing some medicine... wanting to rock... wanting to switch sides of mom... wanting to see Daddy... wanting his blanket... and Isaac in my belly trying to kick his way out... making me have to get up to pee quite frequently... making it very hard for me to get comfortable...

and then, to top it all off, some idiot kept calling my cell phone, which I had in our bedroom with us "just in case" because Aidan is staying the night at my sister's house... I would answer and they would hang up. Finally I texted this number and said "Please quit calling. You have the wrong number." They text back "Katie". I reply and say "You are bothering a sick, pregnant woman. Please stop!!!" So they text back "Katie". Then this chick calls again. I try to explain to her that she has the wrong freaking number, that she is waking up an entire family, and she wants to argue with me and insist that she "knows this is Katie". : Holy crap. Finally, she hangs up on me again, and then sends a text that says "Sorry tons".

After the night we had, and the entire Christmas break spent with us sick, I am completely clueless as to how this is going to work with 3 kids. I cannot imagine if I was trying to nurse a newborn around-the-clock through all of this! Already, Eli has wanted to be on my lap so much, and Isaac has been protesting it from the inside.

Well, that's my happy post for the day, everyone! Happy New Year!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 06:13 PM

Oh Jenelle that sucks! I hope he is on the mend today. I spent Mothers Day one year at Drs on Duty for an ear infection DD had. But I wasn't preggo and she was an only at the time......

We are back at home and had a fun vacation. Niko finally started to enjoy the snow and wearing his mittens so he could play in it. We built snowmen and a three room igloo at the cabin we stayed in. We had friends come stay with us for the last 3 days who have kids the same ages as ours so that helped entertain (well most of the time ) On friday we whit the road to my sister's and stayed there for 2 days, went to the beach, ate alot of food and opened more gifts. Then we packed up on Sunday and came home. Did nothing for New Years Eve. I hit the hay at 11:30 with a sleeping Niko. DH made it till midnight and had a beer then went to bed too. Now I just have to go thru all the toys and recycle as much as possible to fit the new stuff and pack up the christmas decorations.

The kids are still off from school/daycare so my mom is here watching them. So are Niko is loving having his Noni here. Next week daycare starts so DD is going with Niko there until she goes back to school on the 16th. I don't even want to think about summer break yet for care for DD!
Old 01-03-2007, 06:30 PM

Jenelle, I hope all is better today!!

I got attacked by a banty rooster today, when I went to the farm where we get our raw milk. He claws left two puncture wounds in the back of my hand. When it first happened, I could see down into the hole...into the muscle. The skin was started bleed, up at the top of the hole, but the deeper areas were not bleeding. By the time I walked over to the store and got an alcohol wipe and some antibacterial goo, the deep part of the hole had closed up, so I couldn't really clean it out. I'm all paranoid that it's going to get infected. There's not much out there that's nastier than chicken feet.

SAHPilot Mama to a 5yoson, a 17 mo old daughter, and wife to .
Worried about your baby's head shape? PM me for craniosynostosis info!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:14 PM

Owie Jaclyn!!!

Jenelle - I hope things are looking up.

Well this is how we spent our New Year's Eve...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...r&x=0&y=jkts1s

Way to start off 2007 on the right, er, left foot. A little bounce off the bed and there you have it - a hairline fracture right below her knee and 3 weeks in a cast. She also sick, (a horrible cold she's had since Christmas eve), and as of last night, she is teething. F*ck. Of course. Brian is working OT for the next few weeks, so it's just me and one pissed off toddler. I'm just trying to keep her busy, but I admit she's been watching way too many videos.: But without them, I don't know, it's been pretty tough the last few days. Between the coughing fits and now the teething pain she's not sleeping at all. Ick.:

Ok, on a cheerier note, here are some pictures of her birthday and our trip to St. Louis and the Museum of Transportation...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...&x=0&y=-6vx67o
Old 01-04-2007, 11:24 AM

Charlynn, your family is beautiful. : So sorry to hear about the broken leg! Sounds like lots of fun at your house...

Jaclyn, I hate it when that happens! Maybe you should steer clear of the roosters for awhile... Seriously, though, I hope you're okay!

Aidan is back to school now, recovered from his pneumonia. Eli got an antibiotic for the same kind of pneumonia, although his wasn't nearly as bad as poor Aidan. As much as I despise having to give my kids antibiotics - ever - I really want to get rid of all this crap before Isaac comes!!!

So the nights are getting back to normal here again... Thank. God.

Of course, dh woke up yesterday with a killer sore throat. Normally, I would be getting out the supplements, etc. Instead, I was like "go to the doctor". I just want him to find out right now if it's something he needs an antibiotic for. For some reason, he is very prone to strep throat/tonsilitis sorts of things.

I have been toughing out my symptoms... I think mine is just your standard cold, but it sucks because there is so much I want to be doing around here, and I just can't. I know I need to be resting to get rid of this crap, and save up my energy for labor & round-the-clock nursing. Oh well, some of it is just not going to get done. Maybe my mom will spontaneously do some cleaning while I am in the hospital, and she is here with the kids.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:57 PM

oh my gosh what dramaic new years! Roosters! Broken legs! Pneumonia! Cell phone idiots!

we had a good new year, though a bit trying at times. we decided at the last minute to drive 13 hours to west virginia to see my husband's dad and his wife. we drove through missouri to see my dad and drop the dog off (and got to st. louis one day to late to see charlynn and sadie and brian!! )

we had a good time at his dad's - we took wyatt up into the mountains and went to a fish hatchery and he had a blast running around. dh's dad also lives in a great little house on a river, so wyatt got to play outside a lot and be near the river - he loves to throw rocks into it, and to watch the several different kinds of birds at the feeders in f-i-l's yard.

our second-to-last night there, ds spiked an enormously high fever and screamed most of the evening. the next morning he was fine and was fine allday - but same thing the next evening. 103 or so fever and just screaming every hour or so. no other symptoms so we chalked it up to teething. but it was hellish and scary. and he's been so clingy since then, and nursing TONS. last night was rough - he was just attached, and pulling on my other nipple, and dh couldn't sleep cause I kept fighting ds off ... : the icon looks so peaceful .... yeah right! its an olympic sport around here.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:40 PM

Charlynn - Sadie is such a cutie! Those are some great pictures and Niko would just love that museum you went to. He is currently in love tiwh trains and heavy machinery (much to daddy's delight!). I hope Sadie is feeling better soon. Bummer about her foot!

Jaclyn - Watch out for small fowl!

Jennelle - glad things are going better in your household.

I guess its good we had a boring NYE. No trips to the hospital/clinic!

Niko is getting to be such a 2 yr old! He is now counting before running and launching himself onto his new beanbag chair. Its hilarious! He also likes to yell and climb on tables, not hilarious
Old 01-05-2007, 03:30 AM

Ah, thanks guys.:

kazmir - the museum was really cool. I've never seen so many trains at one time! : Sadie was thrilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainy32 View Post
: the icon looks so peaceful .... yeah right! its an olympic sport around here.
I know! I thought it was bad before, but I'll be lucky if I make it through the next couple of weeks without losing a tooth or getting a cast in the eye!
Old 01-05-2007, 05:32 PM

I can not beleive the start to the new years some of you have had

Happy belated birthdya to any babies I may have missed. I have so mych to do...(our tree is still up ). We had been gone for two weeks until last night so there is just an imense amount to do. And yet what am i doing...sitting on MDC while Iris chats into my ear.

Mom to Iris and Henry
Old 01-05-2007, 05:51 PM

our tree is still up, too, nannymom. and dh just got a great idea from a gardening website: we're gonna put the tree (real) in our backyard, in its pot" and hang birdfeeders off of it for the birds this winter. That's our new weekend project, so much better than chipping the wood, and wyatt will love to watch all the birds.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:23 PM

Our tree is up too -- I think a lot of people actually leave it up until the middle of January... we'll see how long ours will stay; it was supposed to come down & go to MIL's so dh could burn it in the fire pit Sunday, but I don't think we're going there now as plans changed. Hmmm.

Aiden is alternately making me crazy & being so cute I can't stand it! Finally, last night (after weeks and weeks) he conked out at 7:30 instead of 9 - 9:30. It was very nice.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:33 PM

We keep our tree up until March

Lauren, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom
Old 01-06-2007, 01:33 AM

Hi,
I don't know if this is a private thread- but I have a ds born Dec. 12/04.
I usually post over in April/07 ddc, but it's nice to have a place with other toddler-mamas!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 01-07-2007, 12:39 AM

Welcome Queen of my castle

Mom to Iris and Henry
Old 01-07-2007, 02:52 AM

welcome, queen of my castle!

we all got quiet all of a sudden!

where are shalena, and my-heart-lights?? hope all is well.

-rainy32
Old 01-07-2007, 04:32 AM

I'm here, just reading more then typing. I took up knitting and spend most of my computer time with needles in my hands.

Hows bedtime going for everyone? It seems like Julian turned two and now everything is a battle. Bedtime is the worst. He even tells me he's tired "mom, so tired!" but when it comes time to get in there, he doesn't relax. He practically chews my breast off, while clawing at the other one with his free hands. (Can you tell I'm a little worn out over this???) There are plenty of tears, and uh. I just can't do it. I'm starting to hate nursing. I tell my DH every night that I hate it. I go in there tired from my day, tired of being so big, tired of this constant heartburn, tired of battles with my son all day, and then its like I am at war and I come out more worn out then I went in. Its just so hard.
I don't want to be scary mom. I want to relax and enjoy the one on one time I have left with Julian before the new baby comes. :
Old 01-07-2007, 01:48 PM

Shalena-hugs to you. I have so been there. I began to hate nursing and resent how much night nursing was affecting my feelings about nursing and Iris in general. I started to feel like it was night ween or ween completly and that made really sad b/c i love nursing. It's really hard to sleep or get quality sleep when some one is attached to you al night. That said we are nightweening Iris. We started on Friday. She has been giving a lot of indicators that she seemed ready. She has been saying she is tried and falling asleep easily as long as we listen to her the first time she says "wanna go sleep". It's been a rough two nights but she has done great. She slept a six hour strecth last night.

In other Iris news she is potty learning. She has had two days of going on the potty and this morning she pooped on there which with all of her issues is huge.

Mom to Iris and Henry
Old 01-07-2007, 02:51 PM

Shalena, I don't know how you feel about night weaning... but I would be soooo done in your situation! I was resentful about it already, when I found out I was pregnant, and then I was really happy when my milk pretty much dried up (by then he was only night-nursing anyway). When he woke in the night we offered him a bottle of toddler formula because he was only 16 mos. at the time... but maybe you or dh could offer Julian a cup of milk, water, etc??? I have used a LOT of the tips in The No-Cry Sleep Solution, and it has been gradual, but Eli has done great with it! At some point, we started offering only water in the night, and at some point he started sleeping through. I mean - like 12 straight hours sometimes without waking at all. Best wishes... I seriously don't know how you do it being pregnant. Don't be too hard on yourself... I think your feelings at this point are completely natural!
Old 01-07-2007, 08:11 PM

Hi mamas,

I've been avoiding the thread. I haven't wanted to post until I could tell you "I'm pregnant" or "I'm not pregnant". but as of right now, I can't say either.

I am now a week late for AF, but I started having some spotting 2 and a half days ago.

I've been testing since Christmas with those early detection tests, but everyone has been a BFN.

And I have this recurring (but not constant) ache in my right side near my ovary...so I'm wondering if I have an ectopic. I have Endometriosis, so that puts me in a risk category, and with everything else, it seems like a possible explanation.

so that's where i am. I'm going to the doc tomorrow to see what she thinks.

and for jord's sake (she asked in the last thread), we weren't TTC, but once we thought it was possible we started getting excited about it.

slingboy.gifTaking care of 2 girls:energy.gifblahblah.gifb& a babyboy.gif born on his mama's birthday and a few chicken3.gif
Old 01-07-2007, 11:53 PM

I hope I didn't interrupt you guys! If you know each other quite well and me posting would be an intrusion- let me know! I won't be offended if I'm intruding- there are lots of other places for me to hang!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 01-08-2007, 12:24 AM

queen of my castle-most of us have been posting since we were pregnant although we've had some other late joiners. Everyone is welcome

Iris had a great day in terms of the potty! I can't beleive she is actually doing it.She pooped twice and went three times with out prompting.

Mom to Iris and Henry
Old 01-08-2007, 12:49 AM

Welcome quuen of my castle! We love to meet new people.

I have thought about night weaning, but he just loves nursing so much that I can't do it to him. For now I'm just going to stick it out, i guess.

So I woke up with the flu this morning! UGH. This has not been a very easy pregnancy.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:02 AM

queen of my castle, WELCOME to our group! You are more the welcome to get to know us. Some of late joiners are our most prolific group posters now. LOL! Anyway.....would this be a good time to do a re-introduction?

Like the stuff you'd say about yourself in a new group when you go around the circle and introduce yourself.

I'm _________ my SO and kids are ____, _______ and _____. I like to _______ and ____ and ________. I was a ________ before kids....or some junk like that.

I'll start if y'all don't think it's a dumb idea.

For now....Jett's nursing tons at night. He's teething badly which includes fighting off fits of fevers and bad moods. Otherwise, he's getting more and more fun as we play pretend and his interests blossom. We stopped by a fire station to watch a truck move around the lot. One of the firefighters flagged us and took us in the station to give us a tour. It was awesome and they gave Jett a fireman's hat. We are still playing trains constantly and our new-train-part budget is quickly approaching our monthly grocery budget. (or it would if we budgeted, anyway.)

SAHPilot Mama to a 5yoson, a 17 mo old daughter, and wife to .
Worried about your baby's head shape? PM me for craniosynostosis info!
Old 01-08-2007, 12:45 PM

Oh Shalena you poor thing. I hope you can get some rest.

Mom to Iris and Henry
Old 01-08-2007, 05:58 PM

Shalena I hope things get better for you. Being sick, pregnant and mother of a toddler is a challenge any time....

Queen of my Castle: Welcome to the group, join in on the whining and general toddler gossip. The more the merrier!

We had a good weekend. Didn't do much, got the tree down on friday while my mom was still here and put all the Christmas decorations away. I am looking foward to springtime. We hit the beach on saturday and Niko cried when we left. He loves the sand and water, even tho it was freezing! DH took him back to the beach yesterday on his bike while DD and I went shopping. Niko also loves to ride bikes, we have a seat for him on DH's bike that sits between him and the handlebars so DH can talk to him. I usually go too with DD behind me on a trailer bike that she pedals. I didn't feel up for it yesterday. My sinuses are bugging me...
Old 01-08-2007, 09:10 PM

Welcome Queen of my Castle!

Shalena - hugs to you - I hope you feel better soon.

Sick here too. : Just Sadie's cold, but it's a doozy. Thankfully her cold seems to finally be clearing up. Now we're down to dealing with just the teething, ugh, and her cast, (just 2 more weeks!). I just wish I could give her a bath! She's always much calmer after a bath and her hair just looks funky. Poor girl's such a mess.

Anyone have a good way of getting their dc to take medicine? I usually give Sadie teething tablets, but they are most definitely not working this time. I tried giving her some Motrin last night and she screamed like a banshee. I just want to give her a little relief at night so that she, (and I) can get some sleep!
Old 01-08-2007, 10:16 PM

Hey mamas! Happy New Year! I can't believe all our Dec babies are 2!

We still haven't taken down our tree yet. I did take down the ornaments and lights today, but we'll take the tree out later or tomorrow or sometime Max just fell asleep on the floor next to me butt naked except for a pair of dd's shoes. Such a cutie

User Tag List