Potty Chair Recs? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-15-2007, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DS is 15 moths old, and although it's too early to start serious potty learning, I'd like to start incorporating it into our daily routine.

He's very vocal with his poops and it's about 50/50 where he wakes up dry from his afternoon (2-3+ hours) nap. So should I take that as a good sign that he's beginning to learn about his bodily functions? Would you even bother with the chair?

If so, what would you recommend for a potty chair?

TIA!
#2 of 5 Old 01-15-2007, 03:07 PM

I think it's a good sign. I liked having a potty chair so that DS could have more control of his potty experience and I felt it was just safer than having him climb up to the big potty.

We used this chair http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Bjorn-055.../dp/B000056J7L

I like it because there are only 2 pieces, neither of which will break under normal usage, there aren't a lot of cracks and crevaces where pee can hide
it's a simple design that's easy to use and clean. My DS could easily empty the potty in the toilet himself.

My DD is 15mos and we just pulled out the chair for her.
#3 of 5 Old 01-15-2007, 03:19 PM

My little one is beginning to potty train, but he's not quite 13 mos. and he can not sit down on the potty by himself because he always accidentally kicks it. We have a Baby Bjorn little potty but I am going to have to buy something else. He's taken to going into the bathroom and peeing/pooping on the floor-- which is good, I guess (the rest of the house is carpeted!) but I want him to be able to use the potty. We need something more sturdy-- the Boon potty bench looks good.
#4 of 5 Old 01-15-2007, 04:00 PM

We got the Baby Bjorn also. While it is VERY easy to clean, the guard in the front isn't that great. If ds is sitting on it sideways at all, it makes a slight mess. I tried one other chair and he can just rip that guard off so that was useless!!
#5 of 5 Old 01-15-2007, 04:14 PM

My girls have all done well with the potty seat (at Target) that fits over the regular toilet. We use a step stool so they can get up there and to use as a foot rest. We have one in each bathroom so that it is alwasy ready for them when they are training.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page