June 05 Mamas; Heather had a baby boy! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 246 Old 01-25-2007, 11:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i'm afraid that if i was in on the swap i would have to insist on comfort.... i already have a drawer full of undies that i can't wear because my a-s has gotten too big. however, sexy AND comfy i could go for.

dh, apparently, prefers purple and satiny... he told me so the other day. who knew?
#62 of 246 Old 01-25-2007, 11:16 PM

dont you just love it when you get a revelation like that??
#63 of 246 Old 01-25-2007, 11:36 PM

Dundies are totally comfy head: (she said humbly.) LOL No, really. They fit sorta boycut-ish. I would swap if I could send them. Give me Selena! lol
#64 of 246 Old 01-26-2007, 12:11 AM

give me dundies! a nice BIG pair.
#65 of 246 Old 01-26-2007, 12:24 AM

If someone wants slutty panties, I'll take them got a little store right here in town!
#66 of 246 Old 01-26-2007, 12:42 AM - Thread Starter

:

Okay, I'll make the list....who's definitely in besides me? I'll put the tentative list up here and if someone wants to be taken off, let me know. And if someone wants to be added, let me know.

Me
Michelle (mcs)
Bama
Davina
Selena
Emmy
Anne
Heather

Who else? This is going to be fuuuuuun

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#67 of 246 Old 01-26-2007, 12:57 AM

k, fix it so that you buy for the next person on the list. And when everyone is added who wants to be added, then close it and the last person buys for the first person on the list. Make sense??

I can do super slutty panties, so Alex would probably want Emmy to be under my name
#68 of 246 Old 01-26-2007, 12:59 AM

and when you open them, you have to take pics and show everyone!! that's the rule people!! (no you dont have to model them, but you know, that has been done before!)
#69 of 246 Old 01-26-2007, 02:24 AM

Ooookay...if taking pics of the panties is scary, we dont have to do that!! The place cleared out after I said that!
#70 of 246 Old 01-26-2007, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamamom View Post
Ooookay...if taking pics of the panties is scary, we dont have to do that!! The place cleared out after I said that!
haha... i'm sure everyone will want to see the dundies. maybe i'll take a belly pic with them on.
#71 of 246 Old 01-26-2007, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Heyy...i posted before, but I guess MDC ate it.

I guess we should PM each other with sizes and addresses, huh?

K, let's keep this open through the weekend, so everyone has a chance to see it. We'll close it at 4pm on Monday and then everyone should know who they have/who has them. PM whoever has you sometime on Tuesday with your info, and...should we set the mailing date for Friday?

Hey, I'm not usually this pushy :

In other news, the heat is broken in the office today and it is TEN FREAKING DEGREES. I'm not going to be doing much more typing because my fingers are going numb.

*ACHOO*

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#72 of 246 Old 01-26-2007, 11:36 AM

DS got his first haircut last night

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
#73 of 246 Old 01-26-2007, 03:03 PM

Amy! got any first haircut pics?

I wonder how Heather is doing...
#74 of 246 Old 01-26-2007, 04:13 PM

Hopefully I'll have pics to post on Monday.

Where is Heather? Hellooo?

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
#75 of 246 Old 01-26-2007, 04:54 PM
mcs

i guess that heather is just enjoying the new baby???
heather???!! let us know!

i am finnally back online and looked what i missed- a birth and an underwear swap. what?? isn't this page about toddlers? lol.
i have to tell you a funny story- hilger decorated our christmas tree with these very pretty "poppers" (the english christmas things- look like pretty wrapped candy) and i was really curious....it was underwear.....from kmart....a size too small and, at the same time, wayyy to big. all the way to your belly button big. hahaha! i still don't understand why. but b/c he unpacked them, i couldn't return them so now, my 12 yr. old neice has a new stash of u-wear. the last pair he bought for me were very pretty-sexy, but just not practical (that was sometime before eisa was born) so i guess he went in the oppisite direction this time. I was just like "are you serious?"

well, no news about the job yet. it was very stressfull for him- three days of 8am-10pm interviews. i can't even imagine. he felt like his lecture was not as strong as he had hoped and that he was unprepared for the intensity of the whole affair, but when he left they were still trying to sell the merits of the city to him and so, we are just left in limbo till feb. 10. Seems like a verrrry long time away. and no news from reed yet. boo-hoo, but i guess they said feb. too for call backs. also, the airline lost his luggage on the way and on the way home! unbelievbale!

over here things were really nice- i realise that i spend too much time on the computer so i will try to cut down now. i found a story time at a historical village that is really fun to go to and watched too much tv, and eisa and i found out that we sleep much better on our own- she slept in till 9 for two days straight!

what else...
eisa is a pretty good walker. she is cautious (maybe a better word is mindful)but still has a good fall once or twice a week. usually over the carpet in the living room after the cats have wrestled it up into bumps or over the trail of toys between rooms. she has started to be a climber though and i am not comfortable with this at all. she can get up great, but can't get back down. especially chairs, she has too much confidence, not enough skill. i hope we get to the skill part soon.

heather- baby pictures! baby pictures!

i noticed melissa hasn't checked in for a while...hello?

see ya,
mcs

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#76 of 246 Old 01-26-2007, 05:01 PM

add me to the list!

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#77 of 246 Old 01-26-2007, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamamom View Post
k, fix it so that you buy for the next person on the list. And when everyone is added who wants to be added, then close it and the last person buys for the first person on the list. Make sense??

I can do super slutty panties, so Alex would probably want Emmy to be under my name
bama, don't you remember that MY husband is the one that urged me to swipe an extra pair of those mesh after-birth hospital undies because they got him all hot & bothered?!? :
#78 of 246 Old 01-26-2007, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamohumm6 View Post
bama, don't you remember that MY husband is the one that urged me to swipe an extra pair of those mesh after-birth hospital undies because they got him all hot & bothered?!? :
i was thinking alex might like the dundies.
#79 of 246 Old 01-26-2007, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamohumm6 View Post
: J told me the same thing.

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#80 of 246 Old 01-27-2007, 02:00 AM

we're on page 2! where is everyone today?

#81 of 246 Old 01-27-2007, 02:17 AM

I am briefly in alabama for a belated cmas.

on theslowest dialup known to man, combined with the most ancient computer.

panty swap sounds good to me, and if emmy wants to be under me, i'll try to find some incontinence briefs to fire alex up

will be home tomorrow
#82 of 246 Old 01-27-2007, 03:06 AM

have a safe trip home!

#83 of 246 Old 01-27-2007, 10:46 AM

anne: do you have everything ready for the babe in Feb?

I have a cold. No one slept in today. Well, DH is still sleeping in today.

I had my maternity pictures scheduled for mid-Feb. Sounds like she wanted to do them earlier, but I'm leaving on a business trip next week and I know the week after is going to be super busy at work with playing catch up. DH told me last night I look REALLY pg. Great, can't imagine how I'll look in a month. Maybe too pg for pics? Now I have to reschedule them because everyone already has asked for that day off of work and someone needs to be there to supervise. So I'm scrambling to find a day she's open and the girls have off from school.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#84 of 246 Old 01-27-2007, 10:58 AM

It's a good thing it is Saturday.

I've been working on a big project at work. Updating files/procedures. Anyways, it gets reviewed every 2 years. So alot of my dates have been 2009 for when we have to look at it again.

So I'm getting a tub of margarine out and I look at it and go: Crap, this stuff is outdated! It expired in June of 2007!

Oh wait...I guess I didn't need to throw it away.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#85 of 246 Old 01-27-2007, 12:32 PM

Thanks for asking about me, mcs (it's nice to be missed!) and hello everyone. I've been following along but am too miserable to participate in the fun.

After dh and I's big talk revealing the hidden $5,000 credit card, I asked him point-blank if there was anything else he needed to tell me and he said no and spent the next week talking about how much better he felt now that everything was out in the open. Just as I was starting to feel okay, I opened the mail to find -- a tax form indicating that $11,000 had been taken from his retirement savings account.

We will, of course, be taxed on this -- to the tune of $3,000 or so I'd guess. When I confronted him on this I was out of my mind. He took the money out last year to pay off yet another credit card and thought I wouldn't find out.

Where did $16,000 go??!!

So, I feel utterly betrayed and kind of feel like I am living with a lying sociopath. I don't know if I should be taking his name of our joint accounts or what. What's next? He went to Debtor's Anonymous last week and claims to be working on the problem (although, IMO, he seems too willing to blame all this on "his problem" rather than taking responsibility for it).

I am not making any rash decisions at present (and indeed, I can't -- I feel competely trapped) but am contemplating what my options might be. One of those is certainly putting the children in FT daycare so that I can work. It all really, really sucks. Prayers and well wishes are most welcome.
#86 of 246 Old 01-27-2007, 12:37 PM

Oh Meli!

I don't have any advice... just want to send some love.
#87 of 246 Old 01-27-2007, 01:03 PM

Melissa... I can't even imagine.
#88 of 246 Old 01-27-2007, 02:01 PM

Meli! I emailed ya privately.

And Bama, so, thongs are slutty? Darn it, and I thought I was being a good little prude.
#89 of 246 Old 01-27-2007, 06:14 PM

Meli, maybe a credit counselor could help. You could both lay your finances out there and find out what would be the next best step (taking his name off, etc). I suck at financial advice, so this is all I could come up with.

#90 of 246 Old 01-27-2007, 06:40 PM
mcs

melissa- that is hard. i think michelle has a great idea- it seems like some type of mediator (financial or otherwise or both) might be helpful since he is having trouble being honest with you. i don't have any other ideas- just lots of sympathy. it is terrible to feel like you are being betrayed by someone you love. really awful. keep posting.

michelle- i forget, what do you do? at work, i mean.

ps- i had a stash of those mesh underwear too- they fit my idea of good undies just right. really comfy and i think sexy too.
funny thing is though, that my mother had to bring them from her hospital in ohio b/c my terrible hospital didn't have any- they stopped using them to cut down on costs they said. at the time i thought they were crazy, but mabye we have just stumbled onto the answer- the men are stealing them! too funny.

back to work on hilgers thankyou letters....
mcs

two girls and another on the way in feburary!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page