Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
Old 01-23-2007, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wooohooo! Go Heather! Can't wait to hear your birth story and all about your new little one! Loved your song!

Anne - you look fabulous! I wish I had a bump... would look much better than the saggy diastatis-stricken mummy tummy I am sporting!

Hey SharonAnne, I saw a post you made on a nopoo thread back in September... (I just started and had been reading all the old threads on it here.) Are you still doing/liking it?

Which reminds me, Emmy, tmi no doubt but have you had any yeast problems? I read that IUDs can make one more susceptible to yeast infections... and that one is more likely to get them right before the start of one's period, and since my period returned at Xmas I've been having them. Well, I had one, and think I might have another. It's not cool at all. I'm sure it has something to do with all the sugar I consume but I don't have the willpower to give it up.

Mclisa - too funny about giving Claire away! Poor tot!

So... Elaina likes to do animal sounds.... like she'll say, "Woofwoof! It's a pup!" or "Hoo hoo! "It's a owl!" and lately she's been saying, "MOOOOOOOOOOOO! It's milkies!"

WTF?! We don't even DRINK cow's milk or have any other sort of dairy.. well, dh has cheese, but anyways, we have NO idea how she made this association and I'm kind of insulted! She knows that cows say moo.... but in the last few days apparently my boobs have started saying it too.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:29 PM

more for heather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzypeach View Post

WTF?! We don't even DRINK cow's milk or have any other sort of dairy.. well, dh has cheese, but anyways, we have NO idea how she made this association and I'm kind of insulted! She knows that cows say moo.... but in the last few days apparently my boobs have started saying it too.
that's messed but kinda funny.

ok, check this out--
http://www.wavelit.com/popup/playerAfricam.asp

Istra and I are watching water buffalo this morning.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:00 PM

no bathroom exercise here....i'm pretty boring. Bed or living room floor, depending on where Dd is sleeping

And wooooohooo Heather!!! And there's no secret now, SA. Just post it right there in the toddler board for everyone!

Second babies come fast heather...go go go!!
Old 01-23-2007, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Fey, I started having some issues with greasiness and build up. I washed it with Avalon Organics Clarifying shampoo and then started bsing again and it was fine. I find that for my hair, I have to do the clarifying shampoo once a month or so, or I get a weird build up on my scalp. One of these days I'm going to experimient with Spastica's brown sugar scrub.....

Re: the 'Mooo" milkie thing, which cracked me straight up I'm borderline vegetarian. I eat meat maybe once a day, usually less than that and I only eat organic turkey or chicken. I'm working on other protein sources to give up the chicken and turkey too, but I'm not quite there yet. Anyway, the other night, I made a roast beef for DH. It was in the crock pot at home. I had to get Joey from my mom's house. She was giving me huge problems getting her coat on and going to the car. I kept asking her "don't you want dinner with dada?" and she kept saying "noooooooooo!" : Finally I said, "Come on Joey, you can eat some cow at home!" and she said "Cow?" Totally stopped her tantrum and said, "Cow? Eat?" and then...."YEH!" :

She spent the entire time driving home in the back seat going "Cow...Mooooooooooo eat! Mama! EAT COW! Cow Mooooooooooo!" : It was hysterical, if a bit offensive to my vegetarian sensibilities. :

And then, of course, when she got the cow on her plate all she wanted to eat were the carrots and sweet potatoes

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
Old 01-23-2007, 02:08 PM

: : :
Old 01-23-2007, 02:13 PM

x

Old 01-23-2007, 02:20 PM

is anyone else already refreshing every few minutes?? and you gotta wonder if there's even any internet access for her!! we could be here til tomorrow !!
Old 01-23-2007, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Or later!

And yes, I'm refreshing pretty often. In between trying to fix this stupid power point presentation for a home show we're doing next weekend.

Hey, you guys don't think Heather will be upset that I posted that she's in labor like that, do you? Maybe I should change the title.....

Old 01-23-2007, 03:06 PM

she wont care!
Old 01-23-2007, 04:08 PM

I think you should be just fine with the new thread/title.

And I'm laughing at the Moo-milkies too!

I'm hoping things go fast for Heather too. Maybe she's already enjoying a new baby in her arms.

Off to find lunch. Baby's craving tomato soup. (Or I am and I'm blaming it on baby.)

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 01-23-2007, 04:49 PM

Ds had physical therapy today. They are so funny with him...they make him work so hard, but he doesnt even realize it. He runs and runs and runs in the aerobic room they put him in.. we gave him his favorite red tennis ball, and they pulled out a few of those big big yoga balls, and he went nuts. We would roll the balls toward him, and bump him, and he would belly laugh and run away..

at one point, his legs and feet were so tired, he just got down and crawled
Old 01-23-2007, 04:54 PM

Yay Heather!!
Old 01-23-2007, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

bama, that's so cute! I have a big yoga ball; I bet joey would love to play with it...hmmm

Old 01-23-2007, 05:11 PM

how steady are your guys on their feet?? do they still stumble and fall or do they keep going ??
Old 01-23-2007, 05:41 PM

Bama, Elaina still stumbles and falls a lot... not like constantly.. but she has internal femoral torsion so she toes in pretty badly and trips over her foot a lot. But she has gotten much steadier that when she first began to walk.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:43 PM

Cully's fairly steady...he takes one or two good diggers a week, but for the most part he doesn't trip much anymore.

Sam on the other hand...that kid STILL trips over her own feet on a daily basis.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:11 PM

I was just asking b/c its getting really old to see schuy dive head first into things all the time . Still. Arg. last night it was the lovely metal corner of the doorway in the kitchen.

His feet and ankles arent as strong as they should be, so he tends to roll his feet and flop them when he runs or walks, instead of just taking steps. So it causes a lot of clumsiness, and add the backpack== pissed off turtle on his back
Old 01-23-2007, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, Bama, Joey's doing about how Cully is. She takes a good tumble every couple of days, but mostly because she's not watching where she's going and trips over something (usually the freaking dog ) OR because she's trying to get somewhere faster than her feet can take her.

We should have given Heather one of our phone numbers so she could call us from the hospital. I'm pretty sure she doesn't have internet access

Old 01-23-2007, 08:16 PM

is there a list of hospitals in rural canada??

I can see us calling..."Yeah...her name is Heather...no, I dont know her last name...no, I dont know what she looks like...but she has a little girl named Sage....right, right....you're SURE you dont know if she's there??"
Old 01-23-2007, 08:55 PM

Did I ever post our cmas pics??:
Old 01-23-2007, 09:54 PM

Cute! Bama, you guys are SO cute!

And I'm just starting to think, Heather's in labor, hmmm, does that mean that I'm going to have to go into labor again too this year? Crap. I hated labor.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamamom View Post

I can see us calling..."Yeah...her name is Heather...no, I dont know her last name...no, I dont know what she looks like...but she has a little girl named Sage....right, right....you're SURE you dont know if she's there??"

Boy, she's going to love our speculations when she gets a chance to read them!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 01-23-2007, 10:05 PM

I scored today. I stopped at the local bread store and there happens to be a food co-op next door. A few weeks ago I bought the one kind of rice cereal puffs that Claire can snack on there so I stopped in to get more. I peeked around the store and they had the products from just tomatoes that I order off the internet. Yippee! So Claire got some more freeze dried raspberries and for something new some dehydrated apricot pieces. She loves them. It kept her entertained while we were watching Ellysia at ballet. There were a couple of 2-3 yr old boys racing in the back. I could tell she was looking at them and thinking that that would be fun, but I kept her by me. No need to be the noisy one.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:51 PM

Well, don't I feel like the star of the toddler board today!!

We went to the hospital around 8:30 this morning after dropping Sage off and of course my contractions slowed right down. I was only dilated 1 cm at the time, so my Dr sent me home. We've got to go back at 9 tonight. I was able to have a good nap this afternoon, which is good because my blood pressure is pretty high. That's really weird for me because it's usually low. Anyways, the dr's not too worried as my lab work came in fine. I'm bouncing on my ball to get my contractions going again. As soon as I lay down, they seem to stop but if I get up and moving they come back again.

We won't have internet access, but I'll post as soon as I'm home. Maybe I'll even get DH to. No - scratch that. I don't need him reading our girl talk!!

Sage is at her surrogate grandparents today. By 3 this afternoon, she still hadn't asked for us and was taking a nap. DH went over to drop off her snowsuit and sled so they can take her outside. He said she didn't really seem all that excited to see him. As insulting as this may be to our egos, at least we know she's in good hands, having a good time and we don't have to worry. He did say she looked a bit confused and sad when he left, but no tears! What a load off! That's been my biggest concern throughout this pregnancy and she seems to be handling it very well.

Thanks for all the good vibes, keep sending them please because this is the way things started when Sage was born (minus the contractions). I really want to progress.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:42 AM

Sending FAST birthin' vibes to you, Heather!
So glad that you don't have to worry about Sage.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:21 AM - Thread Starter

Ah Heather,thanks for checking in. I'm sorry it's slow going so far. Sending you some fast labor vibes

Old 01-24-2007, 01:28 AM

watch out heather, that's how labor with started, but i ignored it. I thought it was BH, and in fact it was early labor, quite painless. Even slept through it. By the time it was real, it was really real!! As in, he was coming out!
Old 01-24-2007, 03:38 AM

Quote:

:
good luck heather! sending you speedy labor vibes!

....this means that i'm next my countdown ticker is down to 30 days. wow.

walking and stumbling- we do this daily, he rolls his ankles a lot too but i'm guessing it's from my crappy ankle genes and from his inability to do anything carefully or slowly. he wipes out good atleast once a day. since he's started walking, about 5mths now, he's had 4 bloody lips all resulting in a bruise and fat lip for a few days. dh and i are both majorly clumsy though so he could have inherited this too

cute pictures bama!

SA-too funny about the cow! Spud has finally learned how to say "moo" and will moo at his stuffed cow

pgmichelle-woot for the food finds! i'm always excited to find stuff for Spud here locally instead of having to order it or drive to St.Louis. who would have thought feeding our children could be so difficult!

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 

User Tag List