November 2005 mamas- it's February!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 52 Old 02-01-2007, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Isn't it cool, our babies are now two years in the making! AND we've been together as a DDC for nearly that long :group

The old thread is here... but for once, despite waking up 6 hours before anyone else, I get to start the new one

No other reason for posting, really. Skye is amazing, growing and talking and walking and doing all kinds of cool stuff. She's still a very (ahem) affectionate, demonstrative young lady though, if you know what I mean. the clinginess drives me nuts
Yesterday was another day from hell. The car broke down, the 8yo lost his coat (third one this winter), and I started spotting. It was our anniversary as well, so not the best timing. The broken car also meant that Steve missed his meeting with his dad's care workers to finalise the discharge arrangements. Today will/is/shall continue to be better, though I'm still spotting on and off. I'm in two minds whether I want to know if it's bad news or not yet, but sticky vibes would be appreciated.
So, that's our news. You????

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 52 Old 02-01-2007, 12:06 PM

helen:

Hope all is well with everyone. Isa is starting to sleep better now. It's really on again off again isn't it? We have begun to gently nightwean. When she fusses, I go to her and pat her back and many times she goes right back to sleep. I'm still getting up, just not nursing her as much.
*Amy* inspired me that even if it's hard, it can be done, you and your child CAN sleep more restfully! Thanks, Amy for the inspiration!

I am currently reading Derrick Jensen's A Language Older Than Words. If you haven't read this book, I'd highly recommend it. Amazing, mind blowing stuff....
#3 of 52 Old 02-01-2007, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sticky vibes for you Helen.
If everyone could send me some labor vibes, that'd be awesome. It's a full moon tomorrow and I'm so hoping it does something for me. I'm 4 days from my EDD but I am so bored with being pregnant! I woke up at 5am and cannot go back to sleep and now of course the boys will be up any time so I can forget going back to bed. Sigh.
#4 of 52 Old 02-01-2007, 01:26 PM

healthy baby vibes for you both!
helen, if sky is anything like ngaio she will keep you smiling even if the world is falling apart around you. my baby has a way of making everything ok with one sweet smile.
i always thought i would love a kid who wasn't so clingy but now that elwynn will hardly let me hold him, let alone snuggle him i miss it! ngaio is a snugger/clinger too and i think im taking advantage of it these days.. it can get intense though.

DID: im waiting with gripping excitement for the moment that you say baby is coming. im so excited for you! come out come out wherever you are baby!!

Spirit: derek jensen is a well known name in our home. i havn't read that one yet but we actually got our local library to order a bunch of his books. i will definately check it out..it looks amazing!

we are good.
im on a house cleaning cleanse of sorts.. trying to declutter and purge and make things beautiful. it is so easy to let things go and live in a mess but my mind doesn't thrive well in a mess. it is so hard to keep up with it all! sometimes i think a bigger house would be so great but then its just more space to get cluttered..more messes to clean. i guess im attached to my stuff. i like nice things and have a hard time letting go of things from my past. one day at a time..im geting there!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#5 of 52 Old 02-01-2007, 01:31 PM

Not much to add at the moment, just wanted to sub!

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#6 of 52 Old 02-01-2007, 02:03 PM

"Baby get out!" vibes for DiD
"Baby stay in!!" vibes for Helen

Well Spiritmomma, I'm not feeling hugely inspired the past couple of days, so I'm glad I can inspire you!! Our night got off to a really bad start last night, so we aborted the plan and just went back to the status quo. Tonight is a new night....

I'm reading The Other Boleyn Girl, and I am totally engrossed. I love historical fiction and have always been intrigued by Henry VIII and that whole story, so this is really fun. And I felt *so relaxed* yesterday, just reading when I could grab a few mintues, and letting Brynn play independently quite a bit.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#7 of 52 Old 02-01-2007, 03:07 PM

Oh, I loved that book, Amy! I like anything by Phillipa Gregory. "The Queen's Fool" was really good too.

My booby juice recovered yesterday on the oatmeal and fenugreek. I am going to work out again today and see what happens. If my supply tanks again, I'm going to be seriously pissed.

********STICKY VIBES****** for Helen!
********POPPING VIBES******for DiD!!!!

Good luck with the nightweaning, spiritmomma! I am not going to nightwean Rowan until she's 18 mo because with me working during the day, it's an important source of booby juice for her, even though it's really hard on me. 4 more months....

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#8 of 52 Old 02-01-2007, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Amy, I love all of Philippa Gregory's stuff: except the Virgin's Lover. That just bugged the heck out of me. Have you come across D.K. Broster's stuff?

I spoke to our fab sure start midwife this morning, who thinks that everything is almost certainly fine, as long as I'm not in pain. She also suggests that if I'm serious about keeping my head low and under the consultant's radar that I just hang on in there until my 12 week scan. It stinks, but it's better than the other alternatives. Thanks so much for the sticky vibes.

Spughy, I am amazed at the effect oatmeal has on your boobyjuice. Seriously. (we need a good milk supply smiley too- a fountain, maybe?) Long may it continue.
Fern, good look with the decluttering. We need to do some serious tidying in the house too, we still have far too much stuff. to Ngaio.
Go sleepy Isa!!! I can't believe our little night owls are suddenly getting the hang of sleeping at night times without a booby in the mouth and a nostril as a bedsock. Bless them.
And DiD- you know I was right about the birth story. I just got the date wrong It'll be tonight instead...

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#9 of 52 Old 02-01-2007, 04:39 PM

Helen

And lots of labour vibes to you, DiD!

We are all still struggling to get healthy here- it's been a month of staggered sniffles, coughs and colds, then the past few days of total illness in all three of us. Neela gave us her first really good fever and we've had a couple of very sleepless nights of coughing. Ugh : I could really use a night without her calling out "mama, milk" every.single.freaking.hour!

Neela is 15 months old today! I almost can't believe how big she is!

Off to wash enough dishes to be able to make playdough...my house is still a disaster from a few days of being too sick to care.

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#10 of 52 Old 02-01-2007, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amy* View Post

"Baby get out!" vibes for DiD
"Baby stay in!!" vibes for Helen

:

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
#11 of 52 Old 02-01-2007, 06:55 PM

Does anyone else have a babe that sleeps on their tummy? Winter has been a tummy sleeper ever since he could roll over and I love how he tucks his knees up under him so his butt is way up in the air. Oh I love it. It's so cute.
#12 of 52 Old 02-01-2007, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
Does anyone else have a babe that sleeps on their tummy? Winter has been a tummy sleeper ever since he could roll over and I love how he tucks his knees up under him so his butt is way up in the air. Oh I love it. It's so cute.
Oh yes.

#13 of 52 Old 02-01-2007, 08:18 PM

Quote:
That is why they named the yoga pose Child's Pose. Because many kids and babies sleep like that. Isn't it adorable? Love the pic, *Amy*!

So Isa's new favorite book is this one: Everyone Poops One of the pages reads: "What does whale poop look like?"

And since I love Google, I looked it up. I searched "whale poop" and found this: whale poop Do I LOVE being a SAHM? Yes. Yes, I do.
#14 of 52 Old 02-01-2007, 11:15 PM

both of my kiddos are belly sleepers..and so am i..and dp

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#15 of 52 Old 02-02-2007, 12:56 AM

OMG Amy that picture is so cute and is exactly how Winter sleeps. Awwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#16 of 52 Old 02-02-2007, 01:31 AM

chatty, chatty, chatty! :

sending the vibes your way, helen & DiD!

naking right now but i'll be back to really chat later.
#17 of 52 Old 02-02-2007, 01:41 AM

You guys, I am so behind!!! I have been reading, of course, but have been trying to stay afload amidst the stress of our recent bad news (dh losing job and film producers/backing) and move forward. We are definitely moving forward and feeling better this week...DH is at a job training for a possible/hopeful new job, and I'm busy working on getting both of our aspiring home businesses up and running (him-editing videos, me-photography, esp. kids). So far, slow but good. We're also, of course, trying to make progress in our creative careers. So much going on! I actually went to an audition yesterday for Law and Order, Criminal Intent, had a call back today, it's between me and one other lady, so keep your fingers crossed! It would be such a great and fun job! And you could all see me in action on tv (if you have cable--we don't! )

Helen, Sending you Sticky Dust!!!!
DiD, Sending you Labor Dust!!!!

And thinking of you both (and of everyone) very much.

So glad to hear about the good sleeping times, Spiritmama, and Amy, I'm sure you guys will be back on track in no time.

Spughy, so glad the supply came back with oatmeal--how wild!--and that you have a nice workout.

MelW, I'm so sorry you've all been so sick! That is so hard!!! I hope you all feel better very soon.

Amy, what a cute picture of Brynn on her tummy! I love it.

Finley (who only sometimes sleeps on his tummy, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does more when he's older, as me and DH are both tummy sleepers) is adorable and wonderful and sweet and affectionate and clingy at times, but (I think b/c I didn't get lots of affection growing up and come from a pretty hands-off family), I am loving it and enjoying it. I'm also aware that it can't last forever. There are moments when it's a bit much, but for the most part...sigh...hugs and kisses are my friend. I think the hardest thing is, like most of you understand, when he does have that occassional bad night and is up a lot nursing four or five times. Lately, it's been pretty good and only one or two wakings per night, which I can live with.

Finley signs and says something new every day, it seems, and his personality is so interesting...so outgoing and vibrant with us, and quite shy around other kids. It's so fun to know him and see him grow and become.

Did, Can't wait to hear the news that the new baby is on the way!!!!!!!!! How VERY EXCITING!!!!

I'll do my best to keep up with you all this month!
#18 of 52 Old 02-02-2007, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
KeaganRae sleeps on his tummy. It's cute with his butt all the way up but I have not a clue how it could be comfy for so long!

Quote:
*Amy* - she looks so old!!!

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
#19 of 52 Old 02-02-2007, 05:44 AM - Thread Starter

Fern, you may sleep on your tummy but do you wave your bum in the air like you just don't care?
Weirdly, at the moment all three of mine sleep on their backs but are normally tummy sleepers.

#20 of 52 Old 02-02-2007, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

My heart is breaking. I just need to KNOW what's going on in my body.
Scan's on Tuesday, but the GP agrees it doesn't sound good. The sadistic bastards are making me repeat a HPT before they'll scan me- and I had to do another one this morning before I could get a referral for a scan. It's just so cruel.

#21 of 52 Old 02-02-2007, 11:41 AM

Helen, your post brought tears to my eyes. That is horrible about the GP! I am so sorry you are going through this, Mama. I'm praying for you and the wee pea.

Barcelona, so sorry to hear that DH lost his funding!! It sounds like you are both rebounding, so I am wishing you much success with both of your businesses. Based on the photography we've seen of Finley, I know you will do well!

Susannah, that picture was actually taken back in October, so she was probably around 10 months old! I think it's all the hair she still had back then, before I gave it a good cut.

Y'all, I'm in the worst mood the past couple of days. My period is REALLY affecting me, and I don't like it. I was hardly talking to DH or Brynn last night and was having thoughts like, "Do you have to chew so *loudly*??" UGH! And even though I would say we are still making progress with the sleep routine (she will definitely get into bed while awake and fall asleep within a couple of minutes, without crying), she's still waking up SO MUCH during the rest of the night. Tomorrow night will be 14 days, so I think we are going to "take it to the next level" as DH said and get serious about keeping her in bed after her first wake up, and then bring her into bed after her second waking. But I feel like crap today. :

#22 of 52 Old 02-02-2007, 12:54 PM

oh helen..that is totally horrible. im so sorry. what an ass. i cant even believe how nasty some people can be. people in the healthcare profession should have hearts.. you would think. you ont deserve to be going through this.. im thinking about you..and i still have good feelings about this wee one for you.

*amy* i totally hear you on the period nasties.. ive had it this month.. i have my 2 plus my daycare kids..at 6:30 every morning then all day long till its dark.. its so hard some days..and i have almost lost my temper a few times. its the little things, like you said, that really get to me. like the constant annoying bombardment of questions from a prissy 6 year old at 6am... i cant wait for the weekend!!!!

Quote:

#23 of 52 Old 02-02-2007, 01:33 PM

Helen, I'm so sorry.

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#24 of 52 Old 02-02-2007, 02:30 PM

Helen I'm keeping you and your sweet babe in my thoughts. I hope everything goes well at your scan on Tuesday.
#25 of 52 Old 02-02-2007, 02:33 PM

More important things than our little troubles going on.

#26 of 52 Old 02-02-2007, 02:51 PM

Oh Helen, I am so sorry. Sending loving healthy vibes your and your wee one's way...

*Amy*, it all sounds good to me. Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions, since we're nowhere close to that kind of sleep progress with Finley. Good luck!
#27 of 52 Old 02-02-2007, 03:25 PM

Helen, I hope everything's ok for you. I hate dealing with medical people, they are so dissociated from the emotions that go along with these things.

Amy, I would do #2 and #3... I can see #1 involving some angst.

I am tired. I need the weekend. Rowan only woke up twice last night but was very difficult to get back into the crib after her first wakeup (I snuggled her in bed, dozed off, woke up an hour later and then put her back in) and after her second wakeup I figured I might as well just keep her in bed with me, but I didn't get much sleep after that. She kept kicking me and fondling my face in her sleep. Cute, but difficult to sleep through. So even though I technically got enough sleep last night (I am especially grateful for the 10-1 am sleep period when it happens) I still feel like a zombie.

This morning I was a bad mama and snapped at DH when he was telling Rowan to show me something cute (she was trying to "talk" on the GPS - holding it like a phone) and I said "Sweetie! I'm trying to get ready!" and he didn't say anything but I knew he was upset... and afterwards I felt really bad about it and resolved to never refuse to pay attention to Rowan no matter how late I'm running. Now I need to write an apologetic e-mail to DH...

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#28 of 52 Old 02-02-2007, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

It's over. , mamas. I don't know what I'd do without you right now.

#29 of 52 Old 02-02-2007, 04:19 PM

oh helen.
my tears are falling right now for you.
#30 of 52 Old 02-02-2007, 05:04 PM

Oh Helen. I am so sorry. I lost my first pregnancy, so I know how heartbreaking this is. My heart is across the Atlantic with you right now.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page