December 2004 ~ Love Is In The Air! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 110 Old 02-24-2007, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thanks for the hugs.

amy I read you most recent caring bridge updates and I just want to tell you how sorry I am that the person you wrote about was so insenstive, self-centered, mean. you don't deserve to deal with that kind of negativity right now!

also, about stairs: steep ones, wyatt needs tohold myhand or hold a railing, then he goes down aternating feet. He goes up steep ones, one foot at a time, not holding on to anything. For not-so-steep stairs, he can go up and down without holding anything, sometimes alternating feet, and sometimes one at a time, depending on lots of variables (what he's wearing, are we outside or inside....)

Jenelle, gorgeous pictures! so sweet!
#92 of 110 Old 02-26-2007, 04:10 PM

Still here!

Busy alot lately but things are fine. Cole is a crazy monkey boy. He's talking up a storm and thinking of potty learning. He's undecided. He likes cars pull ups but hates the way they feel when he pees in them. I figure that's a good thing.

Right now he's refusing to nap and is instead hanging on me and whining.
#93 of 110 Old 02-26-2007, 04:53 PM

Rainy0 I just saw your post...that is a scary feeling. I hope you are feeling better about the decision now.

Mom to Iris and Henry
#94 of 110 Old 02-26-2007, 05:25 PM

Jett, too, is a jumping fool. He jumps all the way to the car, some days, jumps around the house, jumps down stairs, jumps onto things, jumps off the table over to the bed....oh. my. god.

He generally goes down the stairs like an adult, while holding the rail. Sometimes, if there's no rail, or the stairs are too tall, he will use both feet per stair.

He's getting his upper molars right now. NOT FUN!!

Amy, what a c*nt. I'm really, really sorry anyone would say that to you....especially since there's nothing in your blog about it. WTF?!?!

Rainy, hugs....I have no advice, but

Jenelle, those pics are awesome. As much as I enjoy Jett each day, I look forward to him being older and there being another little one to share all this joy! The more interaction and communication we get, the more I crave!!

SAHPilot Mama to a 5yoson, a 17 mo old daughter, and wife to .
Worried about your baby's head shape? PM me for craniosynostosis info!
#95 of 110 Old 02-27-2007, 11:20 AM

just checking in. things are so tense here right now I'd like to live on line. ha ha. :
#96 of 110 Old 02-27-2007, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainy32 View Post
just checking in. things are so tense here right now I'd like to live on line. ha ha. :
s Things are tense here too...but in a whole different way...and only when I stand up...walk...lay down...try to do anything useful...

Seriously though, I hope ya'll figure things out soon.
#97 of 110 Old 02-27-2007, 12:10 PM

ah, the never ending labor. fun stuff. keep us posted!

and, i'm sorry to post about non-toddler-related things here, and even more, to be so stressed about a material situation, when I know that others here are struggling with physical situations and worries for their children. I don't mean to derail the thread, or to sound like I've got the toughest lot in life here. I just respect you mamas and feel close to you since most of us have known each other for 3 years now!
#98 of 110 Old 02-27-2007, 12:39 PM

#99 of 110 Old 02-27-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainy32 View Post
ah, the never ending labor. fun stuff. keep us posted!

and, i'm sorry to post about non-toddler-related things here, and even more, to be so stressed about a material situation, when I know that others here are struggling with physical situations and worries for their children. I don't mean to derail the thread, or to sound like I've got the toughest lot in life here. I just respect you mamas and feel close to you since most of us have known each other for 3 years now!
I think we'd probably have to yell at ya if you didn't post about other stuff too! We all struggle with all sorts of stuff (hey, my labor has nothin' to do with ds2, lol)...
#100 of 110 Old 02-27-2007, 02:16 PM

rainy I am sorry things are so tough. I really do know how you feel(cept I don't have much to compare it too because this is how thing shave been for me since I was a kid LOL). It will get better. It will!

cinnamonamon~OOohh, baby is coming soon, huh? How exciting. Thinking of you and sending easy labor vibes your way.

Violet can jump with both feet, she doesn't get very far off the ground, but she tries. SHe does climb on EVERYTHING though! She jumps off the arm of the couch! Scared the crap out of me. She goes up and down stairs mostly one at a time, but sometimes does one foot per stair if holding onto something.
SHe is talking up a storm! Putting words together now...and boy does she have opinions on everythign. She only wants to dress herself(and she can do it,socks too!), me do it! It's funny. Usually at night she'll get dressed and put her jacket on upside down and her boots on and try to go outside. LOL
SHe is really fun. And the looks she gives me sometimes! She has been talking to the baby in my belly, so cute. and she has been playing with her babies a lot and they "talk" to each other. I don't remember my other kids doing that at 2...
Anyway, loads of fun here.

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#101 of 110 Old 02-27-2007, 06:53 PM

Hey everyone. I haven't been online much these days. Sadie's been keeping me busy, refusing to stay asleep for naps or otherwise, so my MDC time has gone by the wayside. Don't really know what's going on with her right now. Could be a combination of things -- teething (she's still missing 7 teeth so we've got a ways to go), and major verbal explosion going on. She wakes up in the morning talking, talks in her sleep, wakes up in the middle of the night jabbering about I don't know what cause I'm too tired to remember. : I considered nightweaning for awhile, but it seems that's the only surefire way I can get her to go back to sleep.

Anyhoo...jumping. Not happening here at all. She actually tries, but just ends up throwing her arms up in the air with such force that she probably feels like she's getting air. But no. And stairs not so much either. She'll climb up a few one at a time, two feet per step, if there's something to hold onto, but then she'll scramble up on her knees. She has climbed alternating feet, one foot per step, while holding onto a low banister a few times, but only for a short distance. Going down it's "t you!", (carry you, meaning her). We don't have any stairs in our house or really in any of the places we usually go, so she doesn't get much practice. And she just started walking normal again, (without dragging her foot or winging it out to the side), so it'll probably be awhile.

So news in our house...we are going to be moving into my parents' house at the end of April. I'm torn about this. My parents are going to be traveling for 8 - 10 months and they can't take my grandma, (who lives with them). They've left her for a couple of months at a time before, but she's getting to old for that and really needs somebody there to look after her. So it's us. The good part is that we won't have to pay rent or utilities; dh works walking distance from their house so we'll be saving even more money on gas; and Sadie will get to spend lots of time with her great grandma. Did I mention this is going to save us a ton of money? Hopefully we'll be able to pay off the debt we've racked up since I quit work, and actually start saving some money for a change. What's the bad part? I love where we live right now. I don't really love Yorba Linda, where I grew up. It's pretty conservative and soooo, um, white. Plus, moving back to my parents' house yet again....I'm almost 40! I guess I just gotta get over it. It's only temporary and it'll be good for everyone in the end.

Ok that was a long post. Sorry.

Cinnamonamon - thinking of you.

Rainy - pming you.
#102 of 110 Old 02-27-2007, 07:25 PM

Rozzie can get both feet off the ground and she alternates feet on the stairs but does hold my hand or the rail.

Jenelle- I can't believe how big Isaac is already. You have a cute family.

Cinnamom- I can't believe you are due soon, or may be holding a baby. Wow things are going fast watching you. Then I think it's just Shalena and then me. If I left someone out I appologize.

Saidesmom- i think it is great that you are helping out your grandma. Your moving back to your parents place temporarily and to help them out, it's not like you have to live there. I can imagine it would still feel strange though.
#103 of 110 Old 02-27-2007, 08:32 PM

Not holding the baby today, I don't think... that's probably a good thing though. Aiden has a 103 fever right now, poor baby. I've been cuddling with him most all day -- he's taken 2-3 naps...

Good thing we finally got the paperwork done & were accepted to our new family doctor -- and I'd made a checkup appt. for tomorrow!
#104 of 110 Old 02-28-2007, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozzie'sma View Post
Jenelle- I can't believe how big Isaac is already. You have a cute family.
Thanks! I cannot believe how big Isaac is already, either. He is in 6-9 months clothes already, at 7 weeks old, and they are none too big on him.

...Do you all remember that Eli has always been small for his age, like "below the charts small" at times?

I guess it just goes to show you how kids from the same parents, in the same circumstances, can turn out so differently! If Isaac keeps growing at this rate, though, he is going to be taller than all of us, and will probably take over the entire household.
#105 of 110 Old 02-28-2007, 03:41 PM

ooh sadiesmom, pm-ing you right back.

night talking: in his sleep 2 nights ago wyatt giggled wildly and said "daisy daisy stop daisy! funny daisy!" so sweet. he is majorly verbal right now - loving to say things like "This little train is bigger than this little train" and doing comparisons of colorso and sizes. He's also showing an intense interest in numbers and letters - last night we sat on the floor and he played blocks and asked me "What letter is this, mommy" and sometimes he'd say "This is an A" (and it was!). He seems to know A, B, O, Q, and W.

jumping: this is not a lie, though it comes close to a boast : he can jump at least 1 foot across and 6 inches up. he's a little monkey. he jumps from the footstool to the chair routinely, on and off of things, down from things. he is working on hopping on one foot. He tries to do it and says "mommy this is a tricky one"
#106 of 110 Old 02-28-2007, 04:17 PM

rainy -- that's so cute!

Now, I feel like a big heel. I took Aiden to our new doctor today to meet him & have him peek in Aiden's ears just to see if his occasional ear tug & up-at-night-mysteriously cycle had any connection. This is, of course, after he slept most of yesterday in my arms (I assumed because of whatever cold/flu bug he has), and then was up every 1-2 hours last night screeching, rolling, demanding, etc. all night.

I was not a very compassionate mama last night -- nor was dh very understanding. Now I find out that he does have an ear infection, and with the 103 temp he had yesterday, it is probably a pretty painful one. Poor kid; in pain & bein' groused at for interrupting mama's sleep...

So I caved & am getting the amoxicillion script filled. The dr. said there was a pretty good chance it was the sort of infection that would be more quickly cleared up with it, and it's oral (as opposed to my ear drops from the health food store -- which he screamed over when I used on him once last week), so it shouldn't be so painful to administer.

Tell me I'm not a wimp for grabbing the drugs first chance I got? I just can't stand to put him through more torture; or bear the thought of more sleepless nights (for me...I admit it, me me me). And I get the most horrific pain when he wants me to carry him around 'cause he feels so lousy. I really don't want a newborn and a sick toddler (or labor and a sick toddler...) Not to mention my poor 4 year old who has to entertain himself all day because his brother is sick & mommy is holding him...
#107 of 110 Old 02-28-2007, 04:20 PM

Oh Carolynn, you have EVERY reason to want that ear infection cleared up ASAP. That's not selfish, it's just what makes sense!

I hope he's better really soon and you are all back to good sleep!

SAHPilot Mama to a 5yoson, a 17 mo old daughter, and wife to .
Worried about your baby's head shape? PM me for craniosynostosis info!
#108 of 110 Old 02-28-2007, 04:45 PM

Carolynn, you are not a wimp, sometimes you have to bring out the big guns and clear those infections up.

and, I so relate to not being compassionate about wyatt's seemingly incomphrensible fussiness, and then the next day he pukes, or has an earache, or pops a tooth. I'm trying to remember that his crankiness is usually a symptom of something else! Its hard, though!

Speakign of teeth, he's getting all four of his 2 year molars right now. non-stop nursing. But then he'll be done with teeth for, what, 2 years?
#109 of 110 Old 02-28-2007, 06:06 PM

In other news ....

I can't remember if any of the moms here had an unassisted birth. If so, I'd love to talk with you about it for a book I'm writing. See my post, here: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=625548
#110 of 110 Old 03-01-2007, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page