~Turny thoughts & Ferny thoughts: May04 Mamas in Feb07~ - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 354 Old 02-24-2007, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
UU GA PDX:

http://www.uua.org/ga/index.html

#302 of 354 Old 02-24-2007, 04:56 PM

Here's more of what I wanted to say.

Yeah, HF is my hero, my role model, my everything (cue sappy music). I feel like I freak out if my kids have so much as a hangnail. Beth said it all
very well. It sounds like a lot to process to *me*.

I love hearing updates on the pg mamas.

Ooh... sun... carry me in your suitcase, Jess.

Jacquie, the weaning sounded just right. (If it's a weaning.) (And I'll admit that I keep having to do math to figure out how far along you are

My bf is really trying to convince to go to GA, too (I'd have free room and board!). My hang-ups are that I'd have to leave the boys, and that would put a burden on dh and probably my mom to cover for me, and L will probably be a walking toddler by that point and will not be easy to have with me. Oh yeah, I'd feel guilty going, because I haven't been Super Member this year (remember I dumped the prairie dog thing, among others); been focusing more on my kids and my head. (But the fact is, I'd *love* to go, probably won't have this opportunity again for a while, would love to see my bf, would love to see the Portland May Mamas.)
#303 of 354 Old 02-24-2007, 10:34 PM

I would totally hide out in a suitcase for some sun.
We had freezing rain last night and the driveway is a solid sheet of ice. Eeeew.
#304 of 354 Old 02-25-2007, 05:10 PM

Thanks for the linky, Sarah. v. cool!

I'm not neccessarily longing for sun, but I AM itching to go to the ocean. We know this place in Lincoln City that's only $40 a night, but between the cost of the trip and the fact that it's pretty cold out there for a newborn, we'll probably have to wait a few months for our weekend escape. Sigh.

We're using our tax $ for our car camping/ yurt trip to the coast in September, and I'm already excited for it!

wanderlust has struck me again.
#305 of 354 Old 02-26-2007, 10:18 AM

Good morning, mamas!
What a long weekend I had. : Mostly fun, but loooooong.
Saturday I did a day-long Reiki 1 class, which was amazing, and who knew I could do something that felt so, I don't know, *mystical*? DH is Reiki 1 trained, and he is doing 2 in April, I think. But I've never formally trained. So it was a really great experience. But, right after the class, I had to work in retail heck...which usually is cool with me, but I was SO mellow and kind of tired from the whole day of class, so by 10pm I was REALLY wiped.

Sunday was church stuff, I had to work in childcare (the woman who is usually there does it with her daughter, but her daughter just had a baby boy so she's out for a few weeks) so I was downstairs with Rowan and two other kiddos, which was nice after not seeing Rowan pretty much all day Saturday.
But then, at 3 I was at work again! Hahah. Work yesterday was a LOT of fun, though. I didn't have to deal with customers, because I was just there to help rearrange the store, which included dressing mannequins and doing displays, which I have always loved to do. PLUS, I got time and a half for working Sunday!

And this morning, I woke up feeling like there was a tight, painful band around my WHOLE lower torso, which means I am just waiting for AF to show up! : Ah well. At least I know what's going on. I thought I just threw my back out at first!
Aaaaaand, it SNOWED here! We have like 6 inches! Woohoo!! Too bad Rowan has a tummy bug (no appetite, and um...horrid diapers But luckily, no pukies or fever) and woke up at 6am all cranky, and I am feeling cruddy. I think after a good nap, though (maybe for both of us! ) We will go out in the snow later this afternoon.
Funny how I look forward to snow all winter, and now that it's here I'm all like "aww crap!" Lame, I know.

I skimmed/read everyone's updates last night, and of course, HF's stood out the most. Mama, you really are amazing, and I offer you as much support and extra strength you might need! You awe me!
EL, at the pain thing. And thank you for your thoughts. Incidentally, due to a death in her family and Rowan's tummy issues, we are NOT playing this week. And I think I will be able to put a hold on the playdates for at least the kids for a while. I just hate conflict, and that might make me a wuss, but I really REALLY don't want drama if I can help it.

Vacation?? Did someone say vacation??? I wanna go! The only things we have going on in the near future are the annual LLL Area Conference at the end of March, and Newport with the IL's in June. We're getting a pretty nice tax refund, but we need to live off of it. I am working more now, though, so that's cool.
That GA thing in Portland looks awesome. Those of you who go, have a great time.

Okay, if I left anyone out, it's not for lack of love, it's for lack of time. Haha. I hope you all have a wonderful day.
I can hear Elmo chattering in the background, and Rowan is suspiciously quiet. I'd better go!

ETA: I am in a CONSTANT state of wanderlust. That is all.
#306 of 354 Old 02-26-2007, 12:49 PM

Renae, I'm glad you liked my little joke. I'm reiki 1 trained, and I find it helps me in really wierd times. I'm not super into it, but it's a good sort of awareness to have. A friend of mine is a reiki master, and I've had a few sessions with her, and it has been so dang relaxing, you know?

So I weighed myself this morning because I'm really into the "not fat, just pregnant" part of this whole ordeal. I've only gained 3 lbs, which is wierd, because I feel like I'm about 50 pounds bigger. And I don't feel like I'm showing very much, but I guess it's starting to pooch out. I can't really wear my old clothes yet, but I feel silly in my maternity clothes, you know? We have an appointment with the homebirth midwives next week, and hopefully they will help me come to terms with the fact that this is a healthy, happy pregnancy. Seriously, you know? No kicking yet either. At least the pukies are fading. But then I worry that the pukies are fading because I don't have enough estrogen in me to sustain this pregnancy. I'm a total head case. I know. :

Last night i went to a fabuloso oscars gala with friends and had a grand time. I even stayed to the bitter end, which was pretty late for miss early-riser. It was so fun to be out and gussied up and enjoying the night with friends, I didn't want to leave. meanwhile, sweets stayed home with the lentil and was bitter. It was his choice not to go in the first place, but I'm getting seriously tired of his martyr thing.
#307 of 354 Old 02-26-2007, 12:57 PM

Alright girls. Does not a soul here realize that I have been gone from this forum A FULL WEEK?!? Does that not concern a one of you? tsk tsk. You have all been duly scolded. I mean, it's not like you have LIVES or anything, not like you are busy MOTHERING or something. Or is it?

Because, as we all know, it's all about me. Now, each person start wondering individually if it was something you said. :

I was sans internet, for FIVE FULL DAYS, except the fifth day I did not suffer overmuch because I was being maestra elsanne again in Queretaro, a city about an hour from here--teaching a fun bellydance course! Oh how I love spreadin' the tribal joy!

Lisa, I really enjoyed reading about the baby's chin. *sniff* :

Heather, um, wow. I surround you and your unborn child with pink and white fluff representing either a) my love and warm vibes or b) cotton candy-- your choice.

Renae--may you flow easily soon, and your son less so.

Jstar--I have done those timeshare things. One time it was great, we got so much good stuff and they were flooded with people so we didn't even have to hear the dealio! The other time we had to put in several hours of hearing the dealio and didn't get much, I don't even remember what we got. Cancun rocks, white sand beaches n such. I've never been there either but SIL (viet's sis) dances in one of the big resorts.

emmalola, yaaay for your presentation and the tribal health thing!! wooot!

juice, that is awesome about giving up stress for lent. Every day my spiritual practice involves realizing that every moment I am choosing my attitude. I am choosing my lifestyle and everything in it. Gah. (you mean, *I'm* responsible for this???? aaaaagh!)

Fernitude, you surely deserve a vacation if anyone does. Keep us posted on your plans! Sorry to hear about W's reflux and take heather up on that pillow--may it never get any worse.

kk--I read that as your "boyfriend" is trying to convince you to go somewhere....tee hee...and I didn't respond on YG but I FULLY SUPPORT the babysitter option for your mental health and your marital health.
#308 of 354 Old 02-26-2007, 01:53 PM

i noted your silence elsanne and thought you must just be having tooooooo much fun to chat with us lowly MMFs. glad to hear you didn't expire from lack of intraweb

doug didn't make it back last night. so i now have this morning to patch the tiles in our kitchen. it needs to happen without isaac and without doug in the house. the first will want to help and the 2nd is a perfectionist. so he makes 'patch it until i go back to work and we can get new counters' projects difficult. and this weekend i was too into sewing or sleeping during the 'naptime' windows of opportunity. it is very : because the kitchen was brand new when we bought this house 2 years ago but as with everything it was a quick and dirty gloss over job and the tile is failing. and they didn't even use gypsum board underneath it....just particleboard. which is happily growing mold where my little dish helper loves to splash. : : : or at least it was growing mold on the surface and i zapped it with tsp and bleach and it should be salvageable for a couple of years

i'm off to a slow start today. pregnancy insomnia!!!!!!!! arrtgggghghghghgh. i caught up on my bust magazine reading at 4am.

thanks for the PL last night sarah! (that's potluck sillies)

eL - i felt very blobby until recently. i'm sure everything is cosy and growing in there. i have a weigh-in tomorrow. hopefully it won't be another 7 pounder month like the last one but it definitely feels like it could be. last time i gained prodigiously and then plateaued for the last 2 months. we'll see. i FEEL heavy

renae - dressing mannequins sounds like fun. esp with those crazy clothes.

i'm itching for ocean too. do share the name of the $40 lincoln city place beth

i think MMF attendance at the UUGA would be awesome!! 'cause then we'd get to see you
#309 of 354 Old 02-26-2007, 02:03 PM

Els---last we heard there was some mention of passion drops and biblical study and well...just thought you were having some fun!

Jstar--ick on the counters! We have very interesting linoleum counters--eww. I would love to try to tile over them or something, but our luck they would cave in or some such nonsense. Can't believe how your ticker is moving along!

Renae--glad you got most of the snow! : We're thinking of doing a CT/RI trip in March/April-ish...I think I'll have to plan it around *us* getting together and have the family visits as an afterthought.

Forgot to mention that C got approved for the hippotherapy!! Her eval isn't til the end of April so I'm having the hardest time not telling her. Hopefully she'll be starting for the summer session in May. She is going to be sooooo excited!

okay...back to my regularly scheduled :

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#310 of 354 Old 02-26-2007, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

heath: yay for hippotherapy!

els: i missed you, but i figured there was some drama with internet or your mother or bible study or something and you would be back as soon as you could. i KNOW you can't live without your MMF... :

must shower now...

ta!

~claudia
#311 of 354 Old 02-26-2007, 02:31 PM

So I had a whole long post typed out the other day and hit some weird key and it got erased...so I quit and left. But in that post, ELSANNE, I wondered where you were and asked about you. And didn't you see Juice's little furrowed brow? Don't get all whiny on us, now.

Heather, how cool about the hippos. That will be great. How are you feeling?

emmalola, I hope you start feeling better and the pregnancy fairies come and give you a nice little grapefruit complete with kicks, soon. You are 13 weeks, though, hey! Comin' right along.

Renae - how far are you from southern Maine (Portland)?

I though the potluck was pretty fun. It was group of peeps from the Portland MDC thread who are WOHMs, mostly, plus a couple of my friends from my real life. It was a nice group, and some good food. It was good to see you, Jess. And I forgot to tell you, that if you ever want to know which way the babe's facing, I'd be happy to practice my Leopold's maneuvers on you! That's when they feel your abdomen for the baby's position and make sure the head's down, etc. I'm getting pretty good. One of the midwives I work with draws the baby on mom's belly with a Sharpie if she wants it.

And just to tell you all, jstar is a beautiful, radiant pregnant mama; don't let her fool you. Isaac was sooo cute and polite, telling everyone how he got an orange from the kitchen for himself AND one for Lily.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Sarah
#312 of 354 Old 02-26-2007, 03:40 PM

Hey Mamas! I'm back now too! I think I forgot to mention my lil' trip to Florida last week. Got back at 1:30 AM today and I'm feeling it. All flights full out of Florida, board plane late due to weather in Washington DC, get flight cancelled, wait in horrific line to get rebooked only to be rescued by a knight in shining armor named Muhammed who took pity on us and gloriously got us a seat last night at 930pm only to take off at 1030pm. What a night. Seriously, 2-4inches of snow can paralyze Washington DC? How can that be? Ridiculous I say! And the crappy part was they had looooong lines of peeps who had their flights cancelled or they missed their flights and they had THREE measly people working to rebook them.: Good vacation though! But good to be home.

Heather! Woot!!! Smilie parade to follow! So happy for you!

Lisa-you sound so blissfully happy! And too funny about A being mellow like MamaA! Do you mind me asking if you have to go through the whole adoption process? I remember you having alot of beaurocracy back when E was smaller.

Fiddle-so sorry to hear the little guy is developing reflux. Hope is the garden variety not so severe kind.

TC! Happy to read of the milkyness!

I know there is so much more to respond to, and I'm thinking of you all!
#313 of 354 Old 02-26-2007, 03:41 PM

Wait, I don't want to spoil any anonymity, so I will post smilie parade later when I get the OK to use appropriate and case-fitting smilies. Lemme know, heather!
#314 of 354 Old 02-26-2007, 03:42 PM

One last thing, Sarah, are you going from PDX to PWM this summer?
#315 of 354 Old 02-26-2007, 03:47 PM

If that means Portland, ME, yes. I am working at a girls' camp for 8 weeks, in Sweden, ME. And DH and Lily are coming with, of course.

Florida! Where? Did you go to Disneyworld?
#316 of 354 Old 02-26-2007, 03:54 PM

Sarah---I have no idea where that is, but if it's anytime around the 2nd weekend of August, I will so totally be stalking you!

Sherri---jet off to florida without telling us, huh?

ack...still : ...C has a behavioral consult this afternoon through EI...posty to come over yonder on that :

#317 of 354 Old 02-26-2007, 06:35 PM

oooh we should have done some leopold's maneuvers last night. dang. i think he turned inward and was only kicking my placenta yesterday because i wasn't feeling much of anything all day. so i have no idea if he is up or down right now --still not a lot of action today. it would have been interesting. next time!

isaac had a great time last night. he keeps telling me that lily's kitchen has a microwave and his does not. the boy loves the nuker :

the tile looks like p00. not so fantastic. well most of it is fine but one under the corner of the sink is popping up and that isn't going to get fixed without taking the whole sink out. p00. the whole counter really needs to go. i guess we could pray for wonderous tax returns. still have no idea about that sitch yet. but the business taxes are due march 15 so hopefully we will know soon.

yay for hippos! and florida vacations! i hope it was warm and lovely there.
#318 of 354 Old 02-26-2007, 08:46 PM

pdx-ers: please pm me if you know of any good nannies! Our nanny (who works at our church daycare and who I LOVE!) is moving (major boo hoo!). I have one month to find someone who can handle watching a newborn & a toddler on Thursday am's while I teach 1st aid/cpr. eek!

I got a b-day call from my mom this morning, in which she gave me a guilt trip about not inviting her to L's 1st b-day (almost 3 yrs ago!). sheesh. L's naptime is 1pm, but I didn't get around to getting him to sleep till 3pm. I should have just skipped the nap, cause now he's gonna be up till about 11pm, meaning i'll get no alone time with dh. And the house is a mess. wah. poor me. (whine, moan, complain).

I keep missing the phone, but I've had some sweet phone msgs from family/friends today. So that's good.

Welcome back to the fold, Elsanne and Sherri!

I'm sending growing vibes to EL and holding-steady vibes to jstar.

heather- yay for hippo!

sarah- the summer job sounds cool.

ds1 is up and crying- this may bode well for tonight- ta ta!
#319 of 354 Old 02-26-2007, 08:47 PM

Real quick while it's fresh in my mind (and while DH is doing a post-dinner painting session with Rowan! ):
Elsanne, of COURSE I noticed you were missing, sillybutt! I just hadn't been on much over the weekend, so thbbbt. Sounds like you had a great time with the bellydance teaching, though! I wanna take a class with you as the teacher!
And besides that, I figured you were also busy with mom stuff, Viet stuff, you know, stuff.

And I'm several hours from Maine (I'm near Providence, RI) but like Heather said, I think I can focus on just meeting up mama-to-mama, and worry about family meeting later!
I am bound and determined this time, man!

We had a fun day; this morning we stayed home, watched the snow out the window, did a few sticker and magazine collages (SO fun to look through what I had in magazine clippings for future collages!) and then we napped, and when we woke up we got all suited up and played in the quickly melting snow! We dragged/pushed/pulled the little sled thing we have and have NEVER used, Rowan wore his frog rainboots and snow pants for the FIRST time, and we slogged through the mushy snow and went to the park for a while. Good times.

Okay, so have a great night, everyone. Rowan will be in bed in about an hour and I have to admit, I am looking forward to it. Mama needs a drink.
#320 of 354 Old 02-26-2007, 11:31 PM

Okay, I really *was* whining, wasn't I, Sarah? 'Specially as I see Sherri come sailing in here from Florida and not chastise a one of us.

Sherri--sorry 'bout those travel woes. BOY can I relate.

Renae, you would so dig my class, I just know it! I am as obnoxious as a teacher as I am online, so you can imagine. And in real life, I get to do facial and other body gestures. Some people, as you can imagine, I really annoy. But the cool chicks "get" me. : : wait how'd that afro get in there?

Fern---hippo birdies two ewe! Hippo birdies two ewe! Hippo birdies deer ewe, hippo birdie two ewe! And MOTHERS. Can relate to that too.

Meg I agree that the dinnermaking thing sounds pretty dang coolio. Yes, I am that much of a dweeb that I use the word "coolio", but I know mcsb out-dweebs me any day. I am going to use that idea too!

Renae glad you had a good day with bebe. I FINALLY got mine to sleep right now, pheeeew, so am joining you in that drinky poo 'cept I have no booze in the house. Rarely do! What's my problem! Must stock booze.
#321 of 354 Old 02-27-2007, 09:55 AM

The only problem with our booze is that often, it's been in that cabinet for YEARS. From some party or other (and we don't have parties all that often! ) So it's a lot of "nope, that's no good" *toss in recycling* "um, yeah, that beer is skunky!" *recycle* "ah, the irish cream is still good! Yay!" *makes hot chocolate w/irish cream*

I love how ONE drink makes my night.

So anyway, we have more snow today, big fluffy snow, and I am not inclined to leave the house. But I have to work tonight, and if Rowan asks to go out again I will indulge him after naptime. It's so great that he likes the snow!
This morning I need to vaccuum (like, NEED to. There's a whole other cat's worth of shedded hair in this room alone! : I'm not sure if Julio's trying to grow a new friend or what) and the laundry is still in effect. I have at least two more loads' worth. Ack.

Rowan still has a tummy bug, but I've been making him banana smoothies with rice milk, and he asked for "big toast" this morning, and so we're still on the "BRAT" diet. (you can laugh at me...for at least a week I had forgotten what the "T" in that diet was! I remembered last night) He woke up really cranky this morning, like, I was changing his diaper and because I opened the diaper up before letting him see the Sesame Street character on the front, he LOST IT. (oh yeah, we're doing sposies because, um, the poops are just....not okay) So I had to get out a WHOLE new diaper to let him hold while I changed him. *sigh*

But he's in a better mood now, i think. Looking out at the snow and watching Sesame Street. I hope you all have a great day!

Elsanne, it's okay to whine! We notice when our mamas are away for more than a couple of days, and I bet someone was just about to say "Where's Elsanne/Sherri/everyone???" No worries, we still love ya!

Now I am off to drink my fake-sugar-sweetened coffee (trying to avoid sugar--got a yeast infection again! : But I still need my coffee!) and fold some stuff.

Have a great day, everybuggy!
#322 of 354 Old 02-27-2007, 01:15 PM

I wrote a whole post yesterday and it got wiped somehow (blame Z). Z is asleep right now, btw... fell asleep in the stroller on the way home from dropping T off at K. I should be getting something done, but I'm nak....

Tomorrow is our ARC pick-up day (I've been major decluttering all month). I think I'm going to haul the crap out this morning/afternoon to make sure we done forget somehow. THERE IS SO MUCH CRAP. : How did we accumulate it? (Well, I think the grandparents have something to do with *that*.)
#323 of 354 Old 02-27-2007, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

well, it appears the 4 oz weight gain in one week may have been a fluke, because he's gained like... 1 oz this week. crap. still a happy boy, and it may still be normal for him, but it's making me worry. still doing everything the same as i did last week. he's just so frickin' active. he wants to crawl. he doesn't want to sit because he can't stay balanced and he can't play with his toys. i'm going to give it another week of watching and then assess again. and maybe i'll try the lact-aid again this week.

*sigh*

~claudia
#324 of 354 Old 02-27-2007, 03:03 PM

When, when, WHEN will the craziness stop????

My mother incurred a $70 debt making telephone calls this morning, and couldn't pay it (a business that does that)--the front desk called me asking me to come there right that minute, which of course I couldn't, turns out there was an ugly altercation wherein my mother told the woman to go ahead and CALL the police. Thank gods she didn't, because that would just be an effing nightmare. She left her credit card as collateral, the woman wanted either my mom's poodle or a watch or ring or something, which my mom doesn't wear, and no WAY would she part with her poodle--which is a scrawny, hairless, tiny black thing. She didn't want the credit card. Threats were made of physical violence on both sides and AAAAGH now the baby's crying, must go to a meeting I have in town and pay my mom's bill. GRRRRRR.

She finally got her meds today, this is a looong story, involving stalking postal service workers and sleepy kids packed into strollers in their pajamas and altercations with her landlady and serious fiending.

*sigh*
#325 of 354 Old 02-27-2007, 03:34 PM

Els---huge hugs, mama. Oy. When does la madre en mexico experiment end? So sorry she's crazymaking for ya instead of taking advantage of the opportunity.

Claudia--hope S takes to the sns. Hope something changes a bit so you have less worry as each day goes by.

It's a wee bit warmer today so I think I'm going to wake C early from her nap so we can all walk to the park and get muddy.

#326 of 354 Old 02-27-2007, 03:50 PM

Just wanted to offer some HUGE s to Mama Elsanne! I am so sorry you have to deal with this. You are a mama to your BABIES...you shouldn't have to mother your own mother. (I know a lot about that, actually. You SO have my total empathy, hon!)

Now, off to concertedly NOT NAP, eat lunch, and gather up my stuff for work tonight.

Peace out.
#327 of 354 Old 02-27-2007, 05:54 PM

So I just went down to go pay my mother's unpaid bill, think that might be a tad codependent or some shit, and ran into my therapist who counseled my mother and I yesterday and another time last week. She said "I'm so glad to run into you. I would never tell your mother this, but something is not quite right with her. I wouldn't say she's crazy, certifiably whatever, but not all pistons are operating. You are right on, I wanted to let you know you're doing great and staying grounded, but to have an honest, intimate relationship with her will be very difficult. She can't change." And more stuff. This was so affirming, mamas, because I do believe I stay calm and centered but she is a helluva storm.

More later. Mega running today.
#328 of 354 Old 02-27-2007, 05:54 PM

Heather--to answer your question, her flight left today. She was not on it.

:
#329 of 354 Old 02-27-2007, 07:52 PM

oh man els. that is crazymaking. and of course it is always the sane person in the situation that starts questioning whether THEY are nuts...because well you have the sanity to see the absurdity. i'm glad your therapist 'appeared' at the proper moment to reaffirm that for you. my MIL does not operate on all pistons. nice lady. means well. toooooooootally delusional sometimes. she doesn't have any major drug or alcohol issues (which you could blame the delusions on) but she makes up stories and rewrites history and is generally just stressful to deal with. because you always have to watch your p's and q's and you never know what is going to set her off. or what she's told someone else in the family or what she really believes happened. it is very hard. my mucho empathy to you, mamacita.

doing well. great blood pressure. 3 lbs weight gain in a month (phew). baby was breech today.

we decided the timeshare dealio was too much hassle for 2 nights so we scrapped it. i still wish we could go somewhere warm........ it was snow-raining sideways this morning. blech.
#330 of 354 Old 02-27-2007, 08:15 PM

elsanne, welcome back! I did notice your absence, for what it's worth And, sorry about your mom woes. Sounds nuts. I send you some strength to deal with it.

And, Sherri, welcome back, too!

Fiddle, I neglected to acknowledge your birthday on the actual day, but I was thinking of you. Hope it turned out decent.

Jstar-glad to hear you're progressing nicely. My visit has been rescheduled for this Friday, so I'll report in with deets then.

EL-your Oscar party sounds so fun! Back in the day, dh and I hosted some fun Oscar parties. That was our thang! This year, we got G in bed, and watched the show via TiVo so we could skip all the commercials. A little different, but still fun to watch. I hear ya on being eager for your mw visit. I was feeling more movement a few weeks ago than I am now, but I do feel an occasional flutter. And, I'm unable to fit in old clothes, and can fill out *some* of my maternity stuff. I'm down to three pairs of pants that I rotate all week.

BTW, I've had Reiki training, too. I *think* I'm technically considered a Reiki Master, but I really only do it for dh and myself and G. Oh, and it's also great for cats (and probably any animal!) Good to know we've got more in our MMF group!

I went to a training session this morning for a state-wide program called Bright Beginnings. I'm now an official volunteer and will make home visits to mothers with kids between 0-3 who request visits. We give them free brochures, books, information, etc. to encourage healthy beginnings for babies and toddlers. Our focus is on the new parents and helping answer any questions or concerns they have about this new phase of their life. It's pretty interesting. So, it kinda tired me out...that was alot of brain work before noon! And, I will be working tonight (as well as three other nights this week) so I made sure to take a nap when G did.

Re: our house buying: we found a house, made an offer and they countered. Then we found out the church wanted to have a little more firmed up in our legal agreement about the money they're investing ($130K) So, we have to cool our heels a little bit while our attorneys finalized the agreement and the church board votes on it (and they want to see any property we want to purchase before we can make an offer). Needless to say, I've never had to purchase a house by committee before, so this a bit trying (especially when we've bought our own homes before). And I really don't want to lose this house! I'm having to trust that if it's meant to be, it will be.

So, there's my long-winded (as usual) update.

Love to all my may mamas!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page