~Turny thoughts & Ferny thoughts: May04 Mamas in Feb07~ - Page 12 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#331 of 354 Old 02-27-2007, 10:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fiddle, I'm just wondering how you're doing two-kid-wise??? Do you have enough help?

Hi Jacquie! Whatta concept, house purchase by committee! Hope they approve your choice, so you can feel like you are in your home.

Speaking of jacquelines, I wonder where nuggetsmom has gotten to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#332 of 354 Old 02-28-2007, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
Heather--to answer your question, her flight left today. She was not on it.
my worst nightmare.

Me: majorly overwhelmed, basement destroyed, project getting bigger everyday, childcare woes, and since I gave up stress for Lent, no idea how to deal. Too many consecutive nights with no sleep.

I promise to be more cheery tomorrow, but today... wah.
#333 of 354 Old 02-28-2007, 02:14 AM

Hi, I am still here. So much has gone on in the last few days.

Els-the situation with your mom sounds really frustrating but it does sound like you are doing a great job staying centered.

HF-You really seem like you are so strong and centered considering the things going on. Your kids are so lucky. I truly mean that, and I am so glad that C will go to hippotherapy.

Juice -I am so sorry about the basement.
Lisa-I love a babymoon and the story about the baby chin made me realize that I do take it for granted really that my kids look like us both.
Jacqueline-Wow, buying a house is hard enough without the extra steps involved. But you seem to have a good POV on it.

I have to think up a rainy day gardenign activity right now. I think it will be the water cycle and maybe we will put flowers in food coloring and see them change color (and talk about water evaporating from plants). Complete with hypothesis and everything... Whoohoo
It would be better if I tried these things out beforehand but hey.
#334 of 354 Old 02-28-2007, 03:51 AM - Thread Starter

juice: mucho, mucho, vela, vela (vela == "many" in slovak) s for you... unexpected house stuff sucks. we are dealing with drip tube failure in the hot water heater the past few months but we only just found out that is merely drip tube and not bad hot water heater so that's a $290 savings right there! hope basement sitch gets figured out soon. peace and calming vibes comin' your way... (where's the "om" smiley when you need it?)

nuggets: yay about rainy day gardening activities even if you don't test them beforehand!

challenging small napping day today for S. ay yiy yiy...

gonna watch me some american idol now... :

~claudia
#335 of 354 Old 02-28-2007, 10:36 AM

Juice---egads! So sorry it's getting worse not better ftm. Thinking of you and hoping some part of the stress magically lifts. Hope a sitter falls from the sky or something!

Jacqueline---gardening activities...fun! I need to get C involved in our garden preparations here. I still ahve to buy our seeds and such. How are all things arty going for you right now? Any shows or classes coming up?

Wednesday is halfway to Friday and that is all.... : So glad I didn't give up stress for Lent, but only chocolate.

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#336 of 354 Old 02-28-2007, 11:08 AM

Au, Jus, I am really bummed to hear how overwhelmed you are. Such a hardworkin mama, healing people every day, you deserve a break.

TC Amara has those small nap days too, which kind of blow the mind.

Gearing up for another busy one around here, I think we all REALLY NEED A VACATION...

speaking of, in November there is the National Bellydance congress in Puerto Vallarta like I went to about a year and a half ago...at the all-inclusive resort Sol Melia...free good daycare...all-inclusive means "all-drinkypoos"...
You wouldn't have to go to the bellydance congress, you could just be there like most of the other resort guests!
#337 of 354 Old 02-28-2007, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
speaking of, in November there is the National Bellydance congress in Puerto Vallarta like I went to about a year and a half ago...at the all-inclusive resort Sol Melia...free good daycare...all-inclusive means "all-drinkypoos"...
You wouldn't have to go to the bellydance congress, you could just be there like most of the other resort guests!
Oh my GODDESS, that sounds heavenly! Bellydancing and all! Maybe by November money will be more stable! Well, I can dream, right?

Not much to add, but mucho s to Jus (Au Jus indeed, Els! ) I hate it when a million poopy things happen consecutively! ugh. Sucks. You have our sympathy, and !

I am getting ready to coerce my child into a fresh diaper. He's happily watching Clifford in the other room and waiting for his friends (M. and her DS) to come play with him (which means, Mama gets the morning off! and I am making sure I have everything I need when I go out.

I hope you all have a great day.
#338 of 354 Old 02-28-2007, 12:33 PM

Ooh... big hugs for TC. He'll get through it. (You will, too.) I will send major milky vibes.

And Elsanne... I'm so sorry your mom is :. Yeah, parenting the parent SUCKS.

Jacquie, buying a house by committee is pretty : too. I know about BB! to you for doing this.

Juice... the basement sitch sounds terrible. UG. I hope the fixing of it is better/faster/cheaper than you are imagining now. (We're crossing our fingers that *our* water situation is under control...)

Not much to report here. It's snowing (what's new?). Z made himself into a tiger yesterday with the markers while I was hauling out the stuff to donate to ARC. Did you know that red washable markers don't wash off as well as the other colors? I have to say... he's adorable (and he knows it), but he is so crazy-making. : is the theme of the day.
#339 of 354 Old 02-28-2007, 12:55 PM

tiger stripes funny boy!!!!!!!!

i need to get moving instead of procrastinating. i have a kickoff meeting for another big freeway project this morning. i won't be around for the duration so i'm having a hard time caring hah. yesterday i had to go to a steel pipe forming plant.....hardhat and safety goggles and the whole 9 yards to go talk to the operators. the looks on their faces when they saw a preggo chick coming were priceless they're wierded out enough when a woman comes around. hilarious.

whining is perfectly acceptable juice! that sounds stressful.

more milkly vibes for TC. S is such a happy chappy. maybe it is his curve? hard not to worry though I'm sure.

i hope you get the house J. it is wonderful they're pitching in such a great amount of money! wow. but i can imagine how frustrating it is to hurry up and wait because of the rush on good houses. i hope you find a buyer who is willing to work with you. have you included a cover letter to the owners explaining how the house-buying is working with the church? they may be happy to wait if they have a good 'vibe' about your family.

sleepy boy is still sleeping so i better shower. i would so love to go to PV. i was DREAMING about the beach last night. i'm that desperate!
#340 of 354 Old 02-28-2007, 01:52 PM

I'm still hear, nak....

I wanted to say a couple more things re Jacquie and the house. You seem so very calm about it, and I really admire your general attitude. (Jacquie and HF are my calmness role models.) I think Jess has a good point... I think that if they know that you really want the house and they're doing a good thing by working with you, it could help.

And re the PV... there are a few things making it affordable... (1) between the state rebate (50%) and the federal tax credit ($2000), it's close to 2/3 paid for (not by us). (2) Dh also did some heavy duty negotiating to get the price down (they were really nice, I think they see us as very earnest ). (3) We did an energy audit last fall and cut our electricity consumption by at least 35%, which means we're getting a much smaller system than we originally would have needed...

Okay, going to go tidy up.
#341 of 354 Old 02-28-2007, 04:25 PM

I think it's funny that
jstar's PV = Puerto Vallerta
KK's PV = photovoltaic

#342 of 354 Old 02-28-2007, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

ahhhh... i was totally confused by KK's explanation of what i *thought* she was saying about Puerto Vallarta PV. thank you for clarification, MCsb.
#343 of 354 Old 02-28-2007, 06:21 PM

that is funneh. i *would* like to go PV (in addition to going TO PV)
#344 of 354 Old 02-28-2007, 06:27 PM

I was getting confused too but attributed it to my general lack of focus on any one thing

:
#345 of 354 Old 02-28-2007, 07:34 PM

I feel kind of : or maybe just . I obviously have PV on the brain (and no, not the beachy one). I read that Jess wanted to "go PV" not "go to PV".

I'm just super excited about it. I've been interested in it for *years*, and I can't believe we're actually doing it. (I wish we could ditch the gasoline, too, but that's just not as feasible right now.)

You know what is really : ? When your 5 y.o. is so "busy" that he forgets to go potty until too late and has a pee accident. (Okay, I can : here, but I can't really go off on him about it, y'know? The accident itself is pretty much a "punishment", IYKWIM, not that he needs to be punished for it.)
#346 of 354 Old 02-28-2007, 07:42 PM

OMG, I'm losing my mind. My MIL is here. She's been here since Thrus and doesn't leave until Sun. She does NOTHING all day but lie on the couch and watch TV. I don't realy expect her to help (remember the major head trauma a year+ ago? she's not in the best mental shape) but MY GOD, CAN I PLEASE HAVE A MOMENT OF NO JERRY SPRINGER AND JUDGE TV SHOWS?????????????? I have to fix every meal/snack/bev for her. DH hasn't taken any time off work : so it's me me me doing it all all all. She's very sweet and kind, and not in my way, but I don't know if I can last the rest of the week without being able to even sit on my couch for 30 min and vege after I perform the miracle of getting both kids to sleep at the same time. : : :

Okay, vent over. I'm so consumed by this, I'm not sure I even have anything else to say. Is it too early for tequila shots?
#347 of 354 Old 02-28-2007, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamameg View Post
Is it too early for tequila shots?
Nope. Maybe you could give her some, too, so she won't notice when you turn the TV off.
#348 of 354 Old 02-28-2007, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

:

:

:
#349 of 354 Old 02-28-2007, 08:14 PM

It is NOT too early. I'm going to crack open the wine tonight...inspired by my talking about getting alcohol in the house... Meg, I feel your pain.
#350 of 354 Old 02-28-2007, 09:03 PM

cracking open the wine here RIGHT NOW.

Thanks for the love, ladies. It's almost silly how much better it makes one feel. Now I will whine one more time, and tomorrow will be a better day darnit!

Just to make things even more fun, my cell phone and my palm pilot BOTH bit the dust, spectacularly and independently, within 24 hours of one another. : Cuz what I really wanted to do was go shopping...but my office doesn't run well without them. The basement thing is just one big headache, and it involves 382 phone calls and 94 consultations, all of which have to be done in the right order. There's something about a mama on the phone that draws children like magnets, making the entire process just that much more difficult. And my dear, dear DH is having an even more trying week than I, so there's no buffer zone. We are both :

And Meg, I have to say, I'd take my pain over yours almost any given day! This I can handle - the MIL situation would put me over the edge. Or certainly in the tequila.

Hugs all around - I haven't really read the last couple of pages but as I said, tomorrow will be a better day.
#351 of 354 Old 02-28-2007, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
The basement thing is just one big headache, and it involves 382 phone calls and 94 consultations, all of which have to be done in the right order. There's something about a mama on the phone that draws children like magnets, making the entire process just that much more difficult. And my dear, dear DH is having an even more trying week than I, so there's no buffer zone. We are both :
YUP! It is then that I am cought shouting at them "can I talk to you and the person on the phone at the same time??????" It was part of a script about helping kids realize that you can't pay attention to them when you are one hte phone.

I have done a million things today and J is totally neglected. The ants have moved in, and my washer is on its last leg but I decided to put in the couch cover to help the washer out of its misery.
I must find another one and order it right now while my kids are fighting and doing book journals
#352 of 354 Old 03-01-2007, 11:25 AM

Just letting you know, Miss Meg, that I fully support your tequila consumption. Sounds like trying times for you (and the kind that doesn't feel good to complain about because she's "very sweet and kind.") We are a no-tv during the day house (shhh...my daughters don't know we have a tv) and I feel that this is totally the only way to escape the maddening Judge Montel Springer insanity. I really really feel for you!

Gotta go work, but HI to everyone else too.

Life here is still good.
#353 of 354 Old 03-01-2007, 12:32 PM

Lisa said daughterS ...aww!!

is it friday yet?

...going to look at a preschool for C tomorrow that her OT/PT recommended. They also have a toddler time/mom and me thing on Fridays that we might start if I can find a babysitting situation for E. Ours is going to be applying for a FT job...the nerve!

not enough hours in the day it seems...

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#354 of 354 Old 03-01-2007, 12:44 PM

Hey! I started the new March Thread. So march on over! new thread

eta: oops- I missed seeing that there was already a may-mom thread started. so go to hers!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page