*Valentines thread for Nov 05 mamas!* - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 368 Old 02-28-2007, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Hi! Add me to the "Ack I'm so far behind" list. You'd never know by my lack of posting but I sure do think of you guys often.
I LOVE that picture spughy!

OMG I think the age our babies are at has to be just about the cutest thing EVER. Makin' babies is so much fun.

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#362 of 368 Old 02-28-2007, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think I've caught up with this thread for the first time this month and it's the last day of the month I've got a little bit of experience with dairy allergies. What I've heard from different doctors and allergists is that dairy takes the longest to leave your system so from 3-6 weeks for all the diary proteins to leave your system if that really is a problem.

Sleeping is fine for us with Joseph he is only up a couple times a night. On the other hand the 5 year old still gets up to come check and make sure we haven't disappeared in the middle of the night or something. She didn't sleep longer then 2 hours at a time until she was close to 2. She was between 2.5 to 3 years old before she slept through the night a single time. I think Joseph was a few months old when he slept through. We are having all sorts of fun issues with Annette though and will be getting some evaluations done prior to her starting kindy in the fall. She will be getting a speech eval in a little over a month. Our biggest worry is some idiot is going to want to put her on meds for add or adhd which we will not allow. She just has about enough energy for 4 or 5 kids her age and is very sensitive. Compared to her ds is a breeze to parent.

I'm not really having a hard time with my age recently. I'm all of 28 to dh's 43 so it doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I am having a hard time with having a kid about to enter kindy and my hair. About half my head is white now! Facing all that white hair and not feeling good about how I look is taking a toll on me, but it's rather a spiral at the moment so nothing is getting done about it. I'm still unsure if I'll go back to coloring my hair or just start up a betting pool as to how long it will be until I'm totally white.

Kristina mom to A 1/12 J 11/05 D 4/08 and tiny dude in late April 2010
#363 of 368 Old 02-28-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjande View Post
Hi! Add me to the "Ack I'm so far behind" list. You'd never know by my lack of posting but I sure do think of you guys often.
I LOVE that picture spughy!

OMG I think the age our babies are at has to be just about the cutest thing EVER. Makin' babies is so much fun.
and how is the married woman doing?!?! I've been thinking about you quite a bit wondering how you've been ... especially after you disappeared there for a while after your wedding...my wedding is in 35 days I swear the time is flying by...
#364 of 368 Old 02-28-2007, 05:03 PM

Winter's starting to get a double chin from all the nursing on top of his normal eating. SO cute.
#365 of 368 Old 02-28-2007, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Neela loves watching Rowan and Brynn's dance moves "baby! dancing!" They are so cute!

Though she was even more excited about the fire in your video, Spughy. We go to a grocery market with a fireplace, and she starts shouting fire as soon as we get into the parking lot. And runs back to it from all corners of the store if I let my guard down when shopping! Lately goodnight moon goes "in the great green room there was a fire. And a fire. And a fire- on every single page. Yes, a fire". My little pyro

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#366 of 368 Old 02-28-2007, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_kristina View Post
Our biggest worry is some idiot is going to want to put her on meds for add or adhd which we will not allow. She just has about enough energy for 4 or 5 kids her age and is very sensitive.
Have you read The Highly Sensitive Child? My BFF just read it and said that it has TOTALLY given her new perspective on her kindergartener. There is a really good thread here on MDC about it too!!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#367 of 368 Old 02-28-2007, 09:38 PM

Hi everyone on the last day of February, and another one who can't keep up!

Spughy, Rowan is adorable dancing.
Amy, HOORAY for sleeping!
kaspirant, how VERY exciting about the wedding in the oh so close future!!!
DiD, I love hearing that Winter is nursing and loving it and getting a double chin. So cute.
Spiritmomma, HAPPY BIRTHDAY (very late) sounds like you had a wonderful day and night...and what icing on the cake that your bf is moving next door!
MelW, that is hilarious about the fire obsession

Not much news here...Finley and I went out to two playdates today, though, which was too much for both of us. We are wiped. : It was particularly exhausting, b/c the second one was with a little boy who's a bit older, and VERY physical, and though very well-meaning, pretty agressive. Finley was So upset and crying most of the time we were there. I felt so badly that I couldn't protect him more. I didn't feel right just leaving the playdate, and in the meantime, did all that I could to protect him...and was also trying to let the boys "figure it out themselves" and not be a helicopter/overprotective mom...but on the other hand, he was getting slapped and knocked over and was so so scared and upset.

That's my little vent for the day.

DH and I are trying to figure out our lives (with the bad news about the movie from about 6 weeks ago), and one possibility is that we'll move to LA, which we really don't want to do, but it's just something floating around in our heads...

Thinking about you all and wishing you all a happy Wednesday and happy March starting tomorrow!
#368 of 368 Old 03-01-2007, 10:06 AM

Here is the new March thread, Mamas!

Barcelona, sorry your playdate was so stressful for you both. I am finding things to be trickier with playdates and groups now that all of the kids are getting older too. Lots of "MINE" and such. And that is a bummer about your DH's situation. Moving to LA - wow, that would be major, wouldn't it? Seems like a lot of us are going through some major changes right now!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page