*Valentines thread for Nov 05 mamas!* - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 368 Old 02-07-2007, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DiD, I'm hoping this is it for you. I know of another baby girl who made her debut today, so it's a good babyhaving day.
Mel, I passed another embryo and some more clots yesterday- but mercifully, I haven't started the hormonal rollercoaster again, and the bleeding has finally slowed down to a manageable level. Right now I'm just living on planet "if only" some of the time, and the rest of the time I try to keep up with my daughter.
I took her out to lower shaw farm this morning and she loved it. Headed straight for the sheep- that's my girl and then went and played and did crafty stuff and devoured gingerbread men. I don't think I've seen her so happy. Then when it came time to do the school run this afternoon, she headed out of the door once she had her coat on, shouted "no" when she saw the buggy and did the whole thing on foot.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#62 of 368 Old 02-07-2007, 05:04 PM

I can't keep up DS is soo sick :

I will be back.. to post soon.
#63 of 368 Old 02-07-2007, 06:38 PM

. Hope he's better soon.
DiD, where ARE you? Why aren't you typing through your labour like you did last time?????

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#64 of 368 Old 02-07-2007, 08:00 PM

DiD --- Hope everything is going wonderfully...can't wait to see the new babe!!

spughy -- Sourdough pancakes sound dreamy..but then anything edible sounds great right now as I nursed through breakfast and pumped through lunch :

lunchbox -- Welcome!! and I thought my 5lb13 oz kiddo was big He's 24lbs now...

QofC -- I love toddler kisses...it's so wonderful.

eirual -- Good luck with teacher's college..I am a middle school teacher. I am on the downhill side of my 4th year teaching and I'm praying daily that I get to quit soon and just stay home with my baby *hoping to be babies soon...we shall see* It's soo hard for me to be both a teacher and a mama. I loved teaching a LOT more before I was a mama.

flapjack -- :HUGS: you are a beautiful mama and I am inspired by your strength!! That farm look ssoooo neat!! sounds like so much fun!

MelW -- I love the calculator idea. I gave DS my old cell phone. he likes it but not as much as my new one /shrug

itsybitsy25 -- oh my there is no describing how much my heart sank when i realized my water had broken that early. It was so hard for me to lay in a hospital for all that time not knowing what was happening...I'm so blessed that my baby is happy and healthy and that my month long *nap* paid off.

Soo now for my horrible no good very bad day.

I had no clue how much vomit a shelf bra could hold...and oh my goodness I wish I didn't know. Poor little pumpkin is soo sick and I am officially out of sick days for the year. I hate working. I hate not being home to take care of my baby. DF is in school and has a bit to go...as soon as he graduates I get to quit...but it feels so far away. I want to be there NOW taking care of him now. Ugh...it's so hard.

I teach 8th grade Physical science in an inner city low income school...the kids are so jaded already it kills me. I try to love them..but i feel spread so thin...I have 208 students...and one of me.

I dream of the day I can stay home and be a mama and not wear all these hats that feel so heavy :

okay enough whining..

Zjande where are you??!?!

DiD...baby baby baby??!??!
#65 of 368 Old 02-07-2007, 08:05 PM

My labor is taking a break because it's very chaotic and loud with my children awake. My midwife feels things will wait until after they are in bed to pick up again.
#66 of 368 Old 02-07-2007, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
My labor is taking a break because it's very chaotic and loud with my children awake. My midwife feels things will wait until after they are in bed to pick up again.
ooh DiD.. I'm on pins and needles for you
#67 of 368 Old 02-07-2007, 10:18 PM

EEEEEKS! YAY, DiD! Sending peaceful labor vibes, mama! Can't wait to hear your birth story and all about your little bundle!
#68 of 368 Old 02-07-2007, 11:26 PM

Contractions are back to about every 10 minutes. I'm *very* irritable, which is a good sign. I took a good nap earlier and now I've eaten some dinner so I'm all set if I'm laboring through the night.
#69 of 368 Old 02-07-2007, 11:46 PM

DiD: yay! hooray! i'm so excited! Glad you feel ready, I'd say that's a great sign. My thoughts are with you and I'm knowing a beautiful laboring experience for you!
#70 of 368 Old 02-08-2007, 12:24 AM

:

I'm soooo checking in first thing in the morning.
#71 of 368 Old 02-08-2007, 12:28 AM

Ok. So I just want you all to know that I am seriously thinking of changing my screen name. This name is just not suiting me right now. I don't feel like much of anything is "peaceful" in my life these days. SO...if you are wondering why there is a "new" person not introducing herself, that's because it will be me, Peacefulmommy.

#72 of 368 Old 02-08-2007, 12:29 AM

This is So exciting DiD!!!! Am checking in all the time to see how it's going. I hope this is the real thing! Sending beautiful laboring vibes your way.

How amazing that soon you'll be holding your little girl and gazing at her face and smelling her newness.

We ladies are So chatty this month, I can't keep up!
Will try to catch up more tomorrow.
Just had to let you know, DiD, that I'm thinking of you...
#73 of 368 Old 02-08-2007, 12:33 AM

Wow, what a day to check in on the November DDC!

Yay for DID! I am sending you joyful, smooth labor vibes~!

I have been completely incommunicado (sp?) forever - I don't know how all you Mamas keep up. Perhaps it is the fact that we have dial-up that makes it impossible. By the time the page loads so I can read-up Adeline has decided to wake up. sigh.... someday I'll have internet time, right?

So Addie is walking, talking, and generally making mischief. I am feeling challenged by her current stage - which is very busy while at the same time very "up up" all the time. I have joined an Alfie Kohn Unconditional Parenting discussion group though, which seems to be helping me keep concious of being a respectful parent.

Being a Mama is sooo hard, but also the most amazingly wonderful thing in the universe (as I'm sure you can all relate) and I absolutely have the baby bug. We are probably going to wait to start trying until this fall, maybe even as late as next spring. I have a lot of weight to lose first :

Hope to keep up with all of you, but in any case

-Sarah

Sarah photosmile2.gif, 29 - married and entirely love.gif with DH geek.gif. Mama to our one and only amazing Adeline joy.gif 11.05  Forever holding 4 brokenheart.gifs .

#74 of 368 Old 02-08-2007, 01:24 AM

DID---- I am so excited for you!!!!!

Peacefulmommy---I look forward to seeing the "new you".

More to say but so tired...Tomorrow? Thanks mamas.

treehugger.gif Bex -- Single, hardworking mama to reading.gif DS (11), love.gif DD (7), & flowerkitty.gif Lars (13)
#75 of 368 Old 02-08-2007, 04:42 AM

DiD, every single contraction brings that baby girl closer to your arms. It nudges her and squeezes her and hugs her and reassures her and lines her head up in exactly the right place so that it's going to press down on your cervix, which will open, and when she's got it exactly perfect, she will whoosh out and come to meet you. It's the middle of the night there if I've got my time differences right, and so it's a good time for things to kick off for you.
Some of this, IME, is a girl thing. I know this sounds dreadful, but that's what I've found. How's your dp holding up? This is his first, isn't it?

#76 of 368 Old 02-08-2007, 05:26 AM

I forgot- we have SNOW!!!!!!!!

How excited am I? There's a good two inches coverage over everything, and I'm just waiting to find out if the boys are in school today or not.
Peacefulmommy, peaceful doesn't have to mean boring, you know?
Sarahcecile, I am so right there with you. What helps for me is reminding myself that this will change.

kaspirant
One of mine (not mentioning any names, but he's the one who always drives me nuts) was 3 before he learnt to be sick into things. Until then, it was always ON things, normally me. I was working when he was tiny, too, and though I took time off when he was ill it was still agonising.
Feel free to vent about the work thing. Steve gets so fed up looking at the way "his" kids get written off- he seems to work more with the lower sets and the kids that have been labelled low achievers.
drat- boys are in school. gotta go,

#77 of 368 Old 02-08-2007, 06:47 AM

Still no change. Still every 10 minutes. Still can't go to sleep. I'm so tired.
#78 of 368 Old 02-08-2007, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
Still no change. Still every 10 minutes. Still can't go to sleep. I'm so tired.
My computer clock says it's 4:09 am--I am hoping that right now you either, 1) have had your contractions peter out so that you can get some good hours of sleep and wake up in the morning rested and in good, efficient labor, 2) have had serious labor kick in and are either almost complete, or pushing, 3) nursing your sweet little newborn right now!
#79 of 368 Old 02-08-2007, 08:53 AM

None of the above I'm afraid.
#80 of 368 Old 02-08-2007, 09:17 AM

Oh DiD, you must be exhausted. But just think: she will be here so soon!!!!!!

Yay for snow, Helen! We had a major storm night before last, and left the town looking like a Winter Wonderland yesterday. It was breathtaking.

Sarahcecile - so good to see you, Mama! Is the UP group here on MDC, or somewhere else? I absolutely love that book and try to get my other friends to read it, to no avail. I've read it once, from the library, and just ordered my own copy, so I will begin re-reading it today. And I'm totally with you on feeling like mothering is the absolute hardest thing I have ever done, and ever will do. But so worth it!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#81 of 368 Old 02-08-2007, 09:30 AM

DiD, have you got a pharmacy or anything near you where you can get some pulsatilla? It was fantastic for breaking my regular contractions with Skye. Also, did the midwife tell you how far down her head is? That might give you an idea of how long this is likely to be.
AND do you know anyone with a TENS machine? That might help you sleep, though not labour.

Can I rant? I rang the school at 8am, they said they were open. We pulled up outside at 8.45am, to be greeted by a teacher telling us that they weren't. 45 minutes of hell, missed play in the snow, and for what? Hrumph. I am so fed up with that school right now

#82 of 368 Old 02-08-2007, 11:44 AM

Checking in for baby news!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
DiD, every single contraction brings that baby girl closer to your arms.
Does that bring back memories! That was one of my affirmations for my births (well except I said just 'baby' instead of girl!)

Quote:
I forgot- we have SNOW!!!!!!!!

How excited am I? There's a good two inches coverage over everything,

and One of mine (not mentioning any names, but he's the one who always drives me nuts) was 3 before he learnt to be sick into things. Until then, it was always ON things, normally me.
2 inches for us, too! But I was too busy with getting thrown up ON instead of out playing in it! Wow, that would be awesome to have a kid who knows how to aim it into something! The best we can hope for is that it's on the wood floor, and not the carpet.

Quote:
Can I rant? I rang the school at 8am, they said they were open. We pulled up outside at 8.45am, to be greeted by a teacher telling us that they weren't. 45 minutes of hell, missed play in the snow, and for what? Hrumph. I am so fed up with that school right now
Sorry, that totally stinks : I would be really mad, too. I am SOOOO thankful Ethan is back in school today!!!

Sarahcecile- so great to see you!

DiD- hang in there! She WILL be here soon!
#83 of 368 Old 02-08-2007, 11:57 AM

i can't count There's actually snow up to Skye's nappy on the field at the bottom of the street- 8 inches, total. I put her down in it and she just stood there, totally immobilised, sat down and started eating

#84 of 368 Old 02-08-2007, 12:36 PM

DiD!!! Continuing to send smooth and joyous labor vibes your way. Hang in there!!!! Hope you have gotten some rest.

I'm so jealous of the snow you all have gotten. It is FREEZING here in New York, but no sign of snow anytime soon...bright and sunny, which is pretty, yes, but I would love some snow. We've gotten maybe one inch all winter.

spiritmomma, please PM me with any questions about starting sign language and/or any suggestions for my photography venture. part of me feels like i have no business doing it, (still SO much to learn) but the other part of me wants to go ahead and do it and take the plunge and learn while i do so. acting is really my #1 passion, and writing, directing, and photography follow suit...since it is so difficult to actually make a living on acting alone, i am hoping i can bring in my bit of income via photograhy (as i am really getting burned out at my present job). i will definitely follow my heart and stick to what i love, which is what has brought me to it in the first place.

on another note, i got an paid acting gig! i auditioned for the guest lead for an episode of law and order, it was between me and my friend, and my friend got the role. they said that they liked me so much that they wrote a scene for me...so i'll be on the screen for a few minutes and will get this great experience in! i have a costume fitting on monday and we shoot on tuesday. i'll be sure and let you know when it airs, so you can see me on tv if you want and if you have cable. (it's on NBC).

DH is going in again for the editing job, so that looks positive, though somewhat slow. soon he will be able to get on the phone again to try to get backing again for his movie. what a world we work in! what a crazy industry...

and gunter, where abroad are you thinking of going? DH and i are always dreaming and semi-seriously talking of doing this . we really want to, and would be doing it now, if it weren't for our careers, which really depend on the states for potential and opportunity...we are hoping to get to a place where we can go abroad for a few years and continue our careers, but need to build up and get a bit more stability before we can do that.

and kaspirant and gunter, india sounds amazing!!! i wish i could go too! kaspirant, so sorry your little one is so sick...and that you are struggling with the work/stay at home stuff.

helen, that farm looks precious. i want to go! DH and i are toying with the idea of taking a vacation this summer to the UK for a week or two, (before finley is 2 and we don't have to pay for his ticket) and if we do, we'll have to pop over! enjoy the snow today!

hi sarahcecile and lunchbox!

amy, hope you are continuing to get better sleep this week.

so much more to catch up, but must get back to work.

will continue to check in to see how you're doing, DiD!
#85 of 368 Old 02-08-2007, 12:46 PM

kaspirant- so hard to have to be away when your babe is sick. sorry. i do hope that you can stay home soon. do you have a date in mind for when you can? last summer, we bought a cheaper house and sold ours for a profit that would be an annual salary for me. financially, that helps us not worry about me not working full-time. i just am starting to do doula work now; i did work back when ez was 2-6 months just to finish up a project i had started before she was born. anyway, i say all this just hoping that it will work out for you soon! and, i hope your babe gets well. ez was sick last week/weekend and is kinda still recovering.

sarahcecile and amy- i am currently reading "unconditional parenting". it's taken me a minute to catch up to his philosophy but i am really glad for it! it's changing the way we parent, for sure and just helping us understand the potential implications for things we say/do with ez. this may sound odd but there is a strong spiritual element that i see in unconditional parenting. it's the way i view god as being to the universe...unconditional. so, i am being challenged in that realm by reading this book and hoping to not be such a horrible spiritual mama that ez grows up to hate all faith stuff/god concept. hope that's not too OT.

yay for mamas with snow! i am so jealous! we have only had two different days when it snowed. each day, it melted into slush before afternoon. ugh.

last night, we went out for margaritas and then bowling with a group of friends. how can you tell if you haven't gotten out in a while? if bowling is the best time ever!!!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#86 of 368 Old 02-08-2007, 01:19 PM

barcelona, you're coming to the UK?

I know it's unfair that I'm checking the computer every couple of hours for baby news, but I'm excited. And bored. And the kids are driving me crazy. AND it's raining- well, it would, it's England. The snow was pretty this morning, though.

#87 of 368 Old 02-08-2007, 01:36 PM

helen. maybe, maybe. i don't know if we'll really be able to pull if off but we are talking about it. if we get more serious about it, i might be PMing you for advice and suggestions

i'm bored, too (at work) and checking in for baby news too.

sorry it's raining the snow away...at least you got some white beauty this morning.
#88 of 368 Old 02-08-2007, 01:36 PM

DID-thinking positive thoughts for this labor of love that you are in right now.

helen- how annoying about the school. i would be so angry. so, i don't really know how mid-wifery is organized in the UK. are you getting licensed through a certain organization? how are you going about doing your training? i am curious. i just started the doula certification thing here and way in the back of my mind i wonder if i could ever be a mid-wife. also, can i send you some burt's bees stuff? i don't still have your addy so pm me if you want.

peacefulmommy- my screen name is just my last name. talk about boring. what are you going to change it to be? sometimes i could definitely fit the screen name "ragemommy" or "reallyangrymommy" vs. peacefulmommy.

barcelona-please don't forget us little people when you are famous. congrats! perhaps i should send you my address and we should get your autograph now?

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#89 of 368 Old 02-08-2007, 01:37 PM

Well Helen I've already updated you but everyone else should know I got a little rest after my last post, got up to go to the bathroom and had a ton of bloody mucus and have had bloody show since. So there are definitely changes happening, though not nearly as fast as I'd like. At least I'm not drop dead tired, though I'm going on 2 days of half as much sleep as I normally like. Hopefully today.
#90 of 368 Old 02-08-2007, 02:00 PM

Oh, DiD, I hope it's today! So glad you got some rest.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page