~*~JUNE 2005~*~ february thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 430 Old 02-08-2007, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mcs. That is such a bummer. Hopefully this just means that there is something better in store for you guys!

Emmy, that is too cool! So glad those people left the piano!

If I may brag a bit... I've sold about $200 worth of tie-dyes this year! Woohoo! An online friend of mine has an online baby store and she carries my stuff... I only sold one onesie or so last year but this year they're going like crazy! Very exciting. You can see my stuff on this page if you're interested... scroll down a bit. I never realized how fun it could be to make money off of something you've enjoyed creating!

Grace - way to go on the house-selling and house-moving-into news!

Off to play Zelda...
#62 of 430 Old 02-08-2007, 03:01 PM

Those are beautiful!! I love tye dye!

We took ds to therapy, and he got co treated. They decided to try to do speech and occupational therapy all at once b/c he gets so ill in speech. She makes him work!

So it went great. they said he was out of control, running from one thing to another, and they counted 16 words!!
#63 of 430 Old 02-08-2007, 03:37 PM

way to go Schuy! that's great

Heather-panties are in the mail

so cold and tired. i've got class in a bit though so i should go read:

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#64 of 430 Old 02-08-2007, 04:28 PM

OMGosh its cold up here today. Something about needing to bleed the line I don't know! Everyone I ask thinks I need to bleed the oil but its water not oil its in the heater. I don't know!

Bama-I will have to try something close to that! Its far to cold for him to be outside right now but I do make him go out for 30 to 60 min a day anyway. I actually put a coat on him he hates it but I need him out of my way while I get Ali ready for school! We have bought him EVERYTHING under the sun to chew on and offer him that when hes chomping on something else I guess I'll just have to stick to it!

LOL More panties!

I love dyed stuff! I dyed all of Ali's diapers when she was a baby! She was the cutest little thing!

Whoo hooo Schuy!: You know I should take the time to count Nolan's words! i have NO idea how many!

Emmy I remember when you were moving in and thinking they were going to leave the piano then they weren't! How exciting! Maybe I should learn the piano!

Well its really cold in here I have to get out of here! have a great day ladies!
#65 of 430 Old 02-08-2007, 05:05 PM

Fey, that's awesome! Your things are gorgeous.

Bonnie - do you have radiators? We have oil heat and steam radiators...they weren't working very well, so we finally got someone to come out and look at it. All the did was raise the far end of the radiator up by sticking a couple round pieces of metal under the feet- so they're not really level all the way across. Steam rises, so if the far end (the end away from the pipe) is raised up, more of the radiator would heat. We had one room where there was absolutely NO heat coming from the radiator, and this fixed it. Just a thought.
#66 of 430 Old 02-08-2007, 05:09 PM

wow..we had radiators in our ooold school when i was a kid. the building was built in the 30's at least, and had no insulation. The walls were concrete and it was freeeezing .

our radiators clanked and pinged all day

and WHERE are the panty pics??? Hmmmmm??
#67 of 430 Old 02-08-2007, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamamom View Post
wow..we had radiators in our ooold school when i was a kid. the building was built in the 30's at least, and had no insulation. The walls were concrete and it was freeeezing .

our radiators clanked and pinged all day

and WHERE are the panty pics??? Hmmmmm??
Well, I'm not so sure you want me to take pictures of them right now since I'm WEARING them at the moment.
But I did find them online:

http://www.lasenza.com/_static/webUp...5801-001_3.jpg

They are GORGEOUS and super comfortable!
(dh likes them. A lot. )

Oh - and bama, since most places out here are freaking ancient, radiators are pretty common. I've lived in 6 apartments in the 12 years I've lived in Boston, and all but one of them had radiators. Like the old school, cast iron radiators:

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/5057789..._Radiators.jpg
#68 of 430 Old 02-08-2007, 05:47 PM
mcs

bama- what fabulous news- that was a fast 16 words! i bet it is amazing to see him develop so quickly.

bonnie- wish i knew what to tell you about the heat- guess you are out of the house by now. good luck.

emmy- that is a lot of extra cash! a fun way to make it too (i would guess.) does sammy have an interest in music?

fey- great for you too! those are cute clothes.

good luck on the house grace!
you too anne. though, mabye it is better for you to stay put for a few more months anyway? I can't imagine moving with a new baby (though it would be a great excuse to have extra help...)

thanks again for the kind words- i am just thinking "here we come world!"
funny that i have had a lot of creative inspiration during the last few days.
hilger talked to his prof. today who said that he should push his defense back jsut in case we need to stay an extra year. sounds so defetest, but he sais that everyone does it. i don't want to stay!! that is about all i know for sure. might have to eat those words. still didn't hear from reed in oregon, but i have taken that as a "no" and hilger isn't mentioning it. this will be an ineresting few months.
mcs

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#69 of 430 Old 02-08-2007, 05:49 PM
mcs

missed your last post before emmy- you are looking good!
haha!
nice panties.
mcs

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#70 of 430 Old 02-08-2007, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Bama! Just checked my mail. Hubby is leaving for work a little "blue" thanks to you.
#71 of 430 Old 02-08-2007, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twouglyducks View Post
Hey Bama! Just checked my mail. Hubby is leaving for work a little "blue" thanks to you.
you likeys??

Sorry he's "blue" ...he can just think about them all the way home from work tonight...so you'd better get ready. go ahead and shave your legs, cause you're gonna need it I'll bet

Show pics!!
Did you like both?? The funny ones cracked me up, and the sexy ones I bought at the last minute. I couldnt decide on what to get you....They both looked like you
#72 of 430 Old 02-08-2007, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamohumm6 View Post
They are GORGEOUS and super comfortable!
(dh likes them. A lot.
i'm glad the undies are a hit. istra and i spent around 45 mins deliberating, her saying 'bum bum bum bum' the whole time, pointing at the manequins. it was fun.

do you guys -- ie. americans -- have la senza stores? i think they're more or less like victoria's secret, minus the nip issues, as far as i know.
#73 of 430 Old 02-08-2007, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Show pics!!
Did you like both?? The funny ones cracked me up, and the sexy ones I bought at the last minute. I couldnt decide on what to get you....They both looked like you
I'll try and get pics soon. I liked them both. I tried them both on for him when he was getting ready for work. The lacy first and he said, "Now that's a nice pair of panties." THen the others and he said, "Those look comfortable." Cracked me up. They are great though, I can see me wearing them with a tank as pj's this summer.
#74 of 430 Old 02-08-2007, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, sorry, was hurrying.
Pair One
Pair Two
#75 of 430 Old 02-08-2007, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabellee View Post
:

so today, i've purged lots of our clothes, cleaned the whole house and got the bags all ready to go to the hospital...

ooooohhh!!! Are you nesting???

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#76 of 430 Old 02-08-2007, 09:52 PM

Must remember NEVER to take a week off of work!!! I'm doing penance right now. I didn't get home last night until 9:30. The prospects are looking worse tonight. I was suppose to work tomorrow night until after 9, but I found someone else who wants to work! Yippee! DH really wants to go running. I just want to put my feet up. I need to unpack my support hose. Last night my legs were so swollen and I had leg cramps every time I tried to move. On the fun side, the baby is really kicking. My shirt was dancing around for awhile this afternoon. Hard to pay attention when that is happening.

Grace: so glad to hear about the house! Good luck with packing and moving and unpacking too!

Academic jobs are hard to come by. That's too bad about Hilger. I have a friend who finally landed a teaching job in chemistry, but had to settle for a local college rather than a university like she wanted. She looked for so long, but they just aren't out there.

Good luck with all of the potty training! Claire hasn't been interested for awhile. I'm hopeful for this summer after her birthday.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#77 of 430 Old 02-08-2007, 11:23 PM

love the tie-dyes! the dresses are too cute

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#78 of 430 Old 02-09-2007, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-stasis View Post
i'm glad the undies are a hit. istra and i spent around 45 mins deliberating, her saying 'bum bum bum bum' the whole time, pointing at the manequins. it was fun.

do you guys -- ie. americans -- have la senza stores? i think they're more or less like victoria's secret, minus the nip issues, as far as i know.
yes, but they aren't as prolific as VS I think. There are only a few stores around Boston that I'm aware of - in a couple of the more upscale malls, and downtown. I personally prefer them to VS.
#79 of 430 Old 02-09-2007, 12:56 AM

so pretty Emmy!!

Davina..is your dh still "blue"??
#80 of 430 Old 02-09-2007, 01:06 AM

so pretty Emmy!!

Davina..is your dh still "blue"??
#81 of 430 Old 02-09-2007, 09:27 AM

bama you're so funny... you're like a panty pusher!
#82 of 430 Old 02-09-2007, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-stasis View Post
bama you're so funny... you're like a panty pusher!
EEK!!: you trying to get me labeled???

And I just think its fun!!! A nice diversion from our everyday lives. I have lotsa new panties to model this weekend for dh...woohoooo

Davina..how's the dh?
#83 of 430 Old 02-09-2007, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Well, seeing as he gets home at about 5am when I'm surrounded by kids... then he gets in bed when the kids and I get up... He's still waiting. And will be all through school today and until tomorrow when the kids are in bed I guess... since he's bringing his brother over tonight. His loss. I'm sick... he can wait. I'll just tease him.
#84 of 430 Old 02-09-2007, 11:44 AM

poor guy.
#85 of 430 Old 02-09-2007, 03:27 PM

Poor guy my butt! Anticipation is half the fun!

You all have me wanting to go panties shopping! I have what I would call granny grundies!: I always go to walmart once a month and pickup things like socks Panties and dog food and cleaners and whatever we need at the time. So they aren't real HOT shall we say! :

Oh Mclisa you totally deserve a week off work! Its like when I do "swaps" with my friend! When I have her kids for the day I feel like OMGOSH!!!! I NEED a drink! Then on my day off I think oh we should TOTALLY do this again!

Well the heaters are baseboard hot water. It is oil but its HOT water that heats the house up. So I guess there was or is air in the line. Its thankfully only in the extra living room and our bedroom. Its not heating very well today either but it is heating. I think we will have to have someone look at it! Oh the joys of home ownership! I never get to use money for the fun stuff!

Well I am watching five children today so comp time is quite limited! OMGOSH I might get me a nice six pack of something yummy after dinner!
#86 of 430 Old 02-10-2007, 12:07 AM

Still reading along!

SA - I bought your panties today and'll send them Monday. Please keep in mind that I live in a very small town with no major cities nearby so selection was limited. I got you a cute pair and a sl*&ty (don't know if that's a taboo word or not) pair. Anyhoo - hope you like them!

mcs - so sorry to hear about FL. I won't say anything cheesy about 'one door closing'. It just stinks. You seem to be pretty positive about things though. Keep smiling and remember if Hilger can't get by on his brains, he's always got his great looks to fall back on!
#87 of 430 Old 02-10-2007, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

I feel bad that I only sent one pair since everyone else is doing two! SOrry Selena.

It's cold. Our heater isn't working today. brrrrrrrr

Gwen feeling much better.
#88 of 430 Old 02-10-2007, 04:24 PM

<--------------------------- OYOYOY you people are shameless!!

And dont worry about it...I think most of us sent 2 b/c we just co uldnt decide!! If I had found a pr(or the local sexy panty shop had been open when I wanted it to be open) that was super sexy right off the bat, I would have sent 1. But I found the pink frogs first, then i found the lacy ones!
#89 of 430 Old 02-10-2007, 04:35 PM

And I just feel guilty because I was really unhappy with the selection.
#90 of 430 Old 02-10-2007, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Louie wants me to look for a matching bra.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page