~*~JUNE 2005~*~ february thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 430 Old 02-05-2007, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So glad gwen is feeling a bit better. Thought I'd start a new thread. Don't want to kill Bonnie, now that she's back.
#2 of 430 Old 02-05-2007, 02:12 PM

subbing
#3 of 430 Old 02-05-2007, 02:17 PM

glad gwen is feeling better.

Bama I had to laugh at your comment about the cold. It's about -22 F here today. I took Istra swimming at the pool downstairs so we didn't have to go outside. Though I do have to trek out this afternoon for a midwife appointment if my mw is done with the birth she was at this morning. Brr.
#4 of 430 Old 02-05-2007, 02:50 PM

Wow its been a busy busy day! My SIL brought her daughter because her daycare is closed this week. I also have another little girl for a friend of mine and my own two. The two visitors today are BOTH named Molly! They both come running whenever I say their name and they just don't get it! They both look at me like why are you talking to her?

Oh you know I'll start a new thread on something like page five! :

I know Nolan is as big as his two and a half year old cousin! The bus driver thought I had twins and she had just never seen the other one! : I was like UMMMM NO!

Well I better get going the two Mollys are getting into mischief!
#5 of 430 Old 02-05-2007, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel04345 View Post
I know Nolan is as big as his two and a half year old cousin! The bus driver thought I had twins and she had just never seen the other one
is he really tall? We were at an Odyssey of the Mind meeting the other night for Sammy, and Cully was playing with the 3 year old little girl there...he was just as tall as she was. Skinnier, but just as tall.
#6 of 430 Old 02-05-2007, 05:13 PM

butt crack feet:

wow, i've got a lot to do today. and it's so cold!!!! it burns my nose to breathe outside:

glad gwen is starting to feel better

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#7 of 430 Old 02-05-2007, 07:45 PM

i'm sure this is more of an issue in the childhood years and teens but man it pisses me off.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16975112...15773?GT1=9033: how sad.

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#8 of 430 Old 02-05-2007, 09:21 PM

Way to stay on page 1!

Nothing new here except work was busy. Claire is busy brushing her teeth.

I feel huge.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#9 of 430 Old 02-05-2007, 10:27 PM

dynamohumm6-Well I think that he has always been bigger than others his age. I think its a combo of shes little and hes big! He weighs 28lbs how much does cully weigh?

Anna-I know what you mean I hate that! Its been brutal here in Maine but I suppose thats what we get for living here!

Well I can tell you Alicia will not be getting any shots I don't want her to have! You don't put a NEW shot out there and then tell me I am going to HAVE to give it to my daughter! I didn't even give them a chicken pox vaccine! You know that is an entire generation of girls that could suffer adverse side affects that we can't even imagine yet! All I know is Alicia won't be getting it and I hope other moms are as smart! However it seems that a lot of people are upset about this for lots of reasons including cost! But yeah I probably shouldn't be talking about it here!

Well I have to get to bed I feel like crap! I hate having a cold!
#10 of 430 Old 02-05-2007, 11:18 PM

I'm trying to get photobucket to work!! If it will, i'll post pics of the panties that MCS got me!!!
#11 of 430 Old 02-05-2007, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-stasis View Post
glad gwen is feeling better.

Bama I had to laugh at your comment about the cold. It's about -22 F here today. I took Istra swimming at the pool downstairs so we didn't have to go outside. Though I do have to trek out this afternoon for a midwife appointment if my mw is done with the birth she was at this morning. Brr.
-22 FARENHEIT??: yeowzers. ouch. My canadian buddies always talk in Centigrade..so I never know if Canadians are talking in F or C !!
#12 of 430 Old 02-05-2007, 11:32 PM

MCS!!! LMAO at this envelope!!: : : :
#13 of 430 Old 02-06-2007, 12:16 AM

:
too funny! i can't wait to see what everyone else is getting!

#14 of 430 Old 02-06-2007, 12:46 AM

at bama's undies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamamom View Post
-22 FARENHEIT??: yeowzers. ouch. My canadian buddies always talk in Centigrade..so I never know if Canadians are talking in F or C !!
I did mean F, not C. I used the google converter to translate because I wanted you to immediately understand exactly how cold it is here and have pity on my poor frozen self!!

Actually, it's not that bad because it's only -22 F with the windchill. Really it's about 5 F, says google converter.

Though it might actually be -22 F where Heather is!
#15 of 430 Old 02-06-2007, 10:12 AM

Oh bama! Those are great! Hope you were able to "take advantage" of them last night!

Any one else's kid on an eating binge? Claire is up every 2 1/2 -3 hours a night.

bama: do you still have the link about the prescription strength formulas? We might be calling a peds GI doc for options. I'm not sure Claire is getting enough protein and fat from the alimentum.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#16 of 430 Old 02-06-2007, 11:22 AM

Sick, sick, sick....we're all sick. And it is 9*F here today, has been this cold for most of the weekend, and part of last week, too. The windchill is ridiculous.

We've all got headcolds, Paul is in Buffalo at software training, and I want to crawl under my covers and sleep for a week. But I've got a little girl who can't make it through the night without a smidge of tylenol and a ton of boob. In that order. She's actually feeling much better today, but the past couple of nights have been really rough on her. And she keeps asking for Daddy. At what age do kids understand "business trip"? :

I haven't even gotten out to GET mcs's panties yet. : (Sorry Michelle; I'll do it ASAP. I feel even worse since you were RIGHT on with Bama's! )

We did that homeshow last weekend and we had a fabu response, lots of good solid leads, but it didn't help anyone's immune system, that's for sure. :

Superbowl Sunday, we worked the show till 5pm, then packed it all up and headed home. We stopped for pizza and wings, brought them home and basically passed out before Billy Joel was done singing the National Anthem. My parents had Joey and brought her home around 8ish. She fell asleep nursing on teh couch and I fell asleep right after her.

It was an EXHAUSTING weekend. And we get to do it again next month!

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#17 of 430 Old 02-06-2007, 11:24 AM

argh...Anne, I have yours, I just need to get to the post office. Every time I've gone to the two nearby, there is no parking on the same block and it's too freaking cold to walk two blocks with the baby. I'm working on it!

I got a head cold yesterday, everyone else *seems* to be okay so far. Cully slept like crazy last night, so I can't thank him enough for letting me get some much needed sleep.

It was -20 F *not counting wind chill* at my dad's house the other night. He sees -40 with wind chill pretty regularly, though. We've seen -40F without wind chill up there before, it's not pretty.
#18 of 430 Old 02-06-2007, 01:07 PM

Oh no at all the sickies!!

MCLisa...in order, no I didnt get to take advantage, my dh works 3rd!

DAvina your panties are mailed.

MCLisa....there is a whole world of 30 calorie an ounce formula for little ones with allergies.

Is she really dairy intolerant? If she's drinking Alimentum, she's more tolerant of dairy than ds. I know its enzymatically hydrolized, but its also got that dairy protein in it.

You could start with Peptamen Jr(made by Nestle), and if that gives her dairy issues, go to Neocate Jr or Neocate one plus. The Neocate has saved our lives. Its made in a completely dairy free environment so there's no chance that even a molecule of dairy gets in . Everything we'd ever tried had dairy contamination.

Peptamen Jr is not really prescription, you just have to go to the p harmacy and ask them to order it. Its not cheap. It ran us $800 a month.

The Neocate is only about $600 or a little more a month, but now our insurance covers it

ITs always a shot that the insurance would cover it, but I dont know how you guys feel about shucking out that sort of money for something that shemight not really need.

You could also try Bright Beginnings Soy pediatric drink...You ask for it at the co unter at Walmart I think....its soy based pediasure type stuff. Depends on what she's allergic to.

you can always pm me or email me for more info. I'm full of info on this kind of stuff
#19 of 430 Old 02-06-2007, 01:44 PM

I am almost sorry I missed out on the panty exchange

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
#20 of 430 Old 02-06-2007, 02:27 PM

Hey you guys....something just struck me. Our babies are all gonna be two in four months.

TWO

When the HELL did that happen? :

#21 of 430 Old 02-06-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
Hey you guys....something just struck me. Our babies are all gonna be two in four months.

TWO

When the HELL did that happen? :
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Shut up. Right now.
#22 of 430 Old 02-06-2007, 03:55 PM

No seriously. How did that happen?? I mean, I cant even think about age 2. I am still stuck on...he's one and a half.

It makes me not want to think about it...how will he eat? Will he still be almost 100% tube fed? will he be able to eat more than one jar of baby food a day? drink more than 3 ounces a day? Will his head have grown??

So many questions. i just cant think about it.:
#23 of 430 Old 02-06-2007, 04:24 PM

Oh bama! GOODNESS it seems like the other day it was his first bday!

Goodness I feel like crap!: It sounds like everyone is on the same page as me! Its pretty cold here too today! I had to go to Alicia's school and read and it was the walking in and out to the car that just about killed me! I hate cold! I want summer and a nice pool in my yard!

Nice panties!

Chat you later ladies!
#24 of 430 Old 02-06-2007, 05:05 PM
mcs

aha! glad you liked them bama! hope dh will too. i used to work for a woman who made clothes for exotic dancers so i know a little about the little panty world!

it is cold here- i know SA told you, but i want to say it too. it is coooollldd!
i took eisa to our first "music together" class and it was really fun. she looked pretty much overwhelmed, but i think she still had a good time. it is so much better than the music time they have at the childrens museam.

on the way home we stopped at pizza hut- i have not been in years, but was just craving something full of fat. so the food was good and fat, but their was a man who was coughing up a terrible storm. he was really sick, which worries me for us b/c homeless in ny are known to carry tb. and it worries me for him, b/c i asked the waitress and she said that he comes all of the time and he is homeless. so sad, especially in this cold. what was funny though, was that after a really bad coughing fit that almost made me leave the resturant, he put on his headphones and that seemed to help him get it under control. he didn't cough anymore. the wonders of music!

so, we are not sick now, but it would not suprise me if in the next few days we are very sick. blech.
hope every one else is feeling better soon.
mcs

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#25 of 430 Old 02-06-2007, 05:19 PM

emmy-don't blame you on the PO thing. it is waaaay too cold out to be walking anywhere with a babe. i hate it enough walking from the parking lot to class:

and yeah, i can't believe our babes (toddlers?) really are going to be 2. geez. have i really been talking with ya'll for 2 years?!?!

mclisa-good luck with claire. ds has been waking up a lot too but it's from teeth.

bama- i bet schuy will grow and be just fine

heather-if you're still reading along while babymooning, i'll go shopping tomorrow and get yours in the mail. i was going to do it sooner but we've had several house showings and i've been cleaning:

#26 of 430 Old 02-06-2007, 07:10 PM

MCS, go to the health food store and buy Herbs for Kids Brand Echinacea and Goldenseal...start giving it to her.

Also buy Sambucol brand Elderberry...pink bottle for kids. It will kick her immune system into high gear and help her fight offf any germies she may have gotten.

That would be a good combo for everyone's babies, in fact
#27 of 430 Old 02-06-2007, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

I messed up and told Louie about the panty swap. Oh brother ... now he won't shut up about it.
#28 of 430 Old 02-06-2007, 10:08 PM

In a good or bad way Davina?

Hey Sha - do I remember you saying that echinacea dried up your boobies? I bought some cough drops today but when I got home I realized they had echinacea in them and thought I remembered you saying you had problems with it.
#29 of 430 Old 02-06-2007, 10:13 PM

:

Anne, we've been talking for THREE years! We all went through 9 months BEFORE they were born, don't forget!

No wonder I always feel like I'm chatting with old friends when I'm here.

So, all plans to go to the mall and buy panties have been thwarted by a sleepy toddler. She's been out since about 6:30....I fear she'll wake around 10 and want to play till 3 :yawn: I'm going to go to the mall tomorrow, when I'm supposed to be eating lunch.

I feel bad for Paul, he sounded so sad when I told him Joey was already sleeping. He really misses her when he's away like this. He's such a great dad. I really am so lucky

And the dog is on hypervigilant alert. He takes his "man of the house" duties VERY seriously when daddy's away. Sleepy girl and I ordered pizza for dinner and Baxter watchdog barked so loud he scared the pizza dude right off the front porch. I had to go out on to the steps to get the pizza. I was irritated, but I understood. Baxter's got some watchdog bark when Paul's away.

Is our DDC gone yet? I'm sure it is. I wish we could go back and read some of those old posts. We had such fun when we were all pregnant together. Not that we don't have fun NOW....: Panty exchange as exhibit A

#30 of 430 Old 02-06-2007, 10:14 PM

Emmy, I was typing whilst you posted.

Yeah, I believe it was the echinacea in airborne that was the culprit of my low supply last time I had a cold. I'll double check with my best friend (LLL leader )

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page