March 05 Mamas - February thread! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-06-2007, 06:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello there Mamas! Can you believe our little ones are going to be TWO next month??? Wow - time sure does fly, huh? Kiera is definitely becoming her own little person and while it can be frustrated at times ("No like it Mama! Kiera do it!": ) it is simply amazing to watch. She just adores her little sister and brings her toys, reads her books, tells her when she should nurse ( normally this is after Kiera has already emptied my breast so I am not sure if she is trying to share with her sister or starve her ). She also talks in sentences and is beginning to use her imagination which is so precious. Today she was making everything fly. Some days are better than others though - she recently began biting for attention - it has only happened to me but OUCH! I got her that book Teeth are not for Biting from the library and she has asked to read it over and over and over and over so I am crosssing my fingers that it helps...I hope you all are doing great and can't wait to hear updates! Here are a few recent pix of my favorite toddler!

I am SUCH a ham! LOVE the camera!
http://www1.snapfish.com/slideshow/A...64/t_=35306164
Kiera and Devin in their Beatles shirts (So cute - I have taught Kiera to say Beatles with a fake English accent: - so cheesy but it is hilarious!: )
http://www1.snapfish.com/slideshow/A...64/t_=35306164
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2007, 12:47 PM

I haven't posted on the March Mamas thread in ages, but I've been reading along while nursing DD

DD is also speaking in sentences and it amazes me what she hears/picks up on when we don't think she is listening. I was talking to my MIL the other day about the dog while DD was doing a puzzle nearby. The next morning, DD recounted the entire story!! I was proud, but amazed!

DD is also spitting out water to get attention now. Ugh. She spits it out, then shakes her head and says "no spit out wawa" :

Overall, we're doing great and looking forward to her birthday!!
Old 02-08-2007, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Old 02-08-2007, 05:01 PM

Hi everyone!
I can't believe Mar's going to be 2!! It seems like yesterday....:
It's such a magical age right now. Maria is very independent and sometimes I will spy on her making up songs to her dolls and stuffed animals-so cute. She sings constantly and is such a chatterbox. She started talking early and I have always been able to understand what she said/meant but lately she's been saying certain words over and over again and I have absolutely no idea what she means...I try to get her to show me but still can't figure it out. I know this frustrates her and I feel bad
Her final top molars are coming in as well but she seems to be handling that just fine, so far...

What does everyone do for activities? It's been so cold here that we stay inside most of the time and we're getting bored! I need some ideas!

Nice to "see" you all! And here are some pics of Mar so you can "see" her too!

Laura WAHM to Mar 03/01/05 and Evie 05/14/08, partner to Craig
Old 02-08-2007, 05:05 PM

My DD will be two at the end of March, time freakin FLYS!

I still have a quite one over here, but I know once they start talking they dontn stop so I am trying not to force it Although I am getting kinda sick of hearing myself talk

Most of our activities are household stuff I need to do and DD "helps". It takes alot longer to do everything, but at this age there arent really many other options!!
Old 02-08-2007, 05:59 PM

I haven't posted in awhile. While I was pregnant I was hanging out in my December ddc which ended up being the wrong one as dd was born in January.
Isa is doing really well. He is a not doing a lot of talking but his signing has taken off. He is doing 100+ signs. When he does talk I understand everything that he is saying. He does kind of a mixture of talking with signs.
He loves anything Thomas the train these days. He also likes anything with wheels and if he can ride on it he likes it even more.
He is doing really well with his new sister, but I will admit the first two weeks were crazy : . When I was pregnant Isa had cut down on his nursing (3-4 times a day) and now that my milk is in he wants to nurse all day long!!!
I can't believe he is going to be two next month.

Anyone making birthday plans yet?
Old 02-08-2007, 09:47 PM

hi everyone.....i'm still alive...the morning sickness has been ROUGH but dare i say i think we are getting to the tail end of it!

Emma is doing well in daycare....she really loves it there and is learning ALOT from the other kids! i'm sooo proud!

I really need to start planning Emma's birthday party, i think i'm going to do an elmo theme because she likes elmo alot....but i need to go tot he party store and see if they have anything else that cautches my eye.

my 2nd trimester sono is going to be on Emma's birthday!!! how cool is that??? My MIL is taking the day off work and spending it with Emma....she is going to be soo happy because MIL takes her everywhere and spoils her rotten!

how many of us are pregnant with the next little bean???? anyone thinking of planning the next baby now that our kiddo's are turning 2?
Old 02-09-2007, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's_Mommy View Post
anyone thinking of planning the next baby now that our kiddo's are turning 2?
We are TTC this summer---I am so excited!!! I can't wait to expand- in more ways than one

Old 02-09-2007, 04:12 AM

I lost you guys on the January thread! Glad to see the Feb one so that I can catch up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurable View Post
We are TTC this summer---I am so excited!!!
Ditto here. We're hoping for a second one around the time Reid turns 3. We have some spring travel plans that we want to get through before TTC, and we might have some summer travel plans, but we're trying to make those so that I wouldn't mind being pregnant (no high altitude stuff like we're doing in the spring).

Reid is such a nutter-butter lately. He's on his first antibiotics right now, and calls it the pink medicine. Today in the car he starts babbling about it, "more pink medicine...mama shake shake shake, daddy shake shake shake, reidy shake shake shake...lid off...pour out...cup...drink medicine...mmm good...cough *insert fake coughing noise* feel better...YEAH!" What a nut.

We went on a cross-country ski trip this past weekend, and now all he talks about is skiing and snowshoeing. He just loved being drug around in the pulk, and shuffling around on his own little skis.

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
Old 02-09-2007, 01:23 PM

ooo im soo excited for you guys who are planning to TTC in the summer.....just avoid June or you'll have another MARCH baby!!!!!

although i think March was a GREAT month to have a baby i'm sooooo not looking forward to being super huge in July!
Old 02-09-2007, 02:52 PM

Quote:
anyone thinking of planning the next baby now that our kiddo's are turning 2?
We are ttc now, but I've only had 2 post-DD's birth cycles (and they were 4 months apart!), so I am not sure how successful we will be!
Old 02-10-2007, 04:03 PM

hey its still fun to try
Old 02-11-2007, 02:21 AM

Hi! I haven't posted in a while. Congrats to the new babies, pregnancies, and TTCers. We're TTC right now. Well, I mean, not this second, but you know what I mean. Okay then.

I can't believe Elly's going to be two! Two! As my sister pointed out, "You won't have any more babies in the house!" I'm trying to remedy that, but still, it's a big change. Ellery's becoming her big sister's shadow, wanting to do everything she does. Her favorite word is "too, " as in, "I do it, too." She's speaking in full sentences, and seems to say something new several times a day. It's an amazing stage of growth.

I'd forgotten how much I love 18 mos - 2 years. It's so much fun, and they change right before your eyes.

Hey, she's finally sleeping all night, no wake ups! I'm very, very happy about this. I had delegated nighttime parenting stuff to my husband a month or two ago, and it turns out he got the easy stage. All she needed was some reassurance, reconfiguration of her blankets, and a pat on the back. Then back to sleep. Now, there's not even a peep from her all night. Of course, since we've had this super cold spell, I'm the one waking up in the middle of the night to make sure the girls are warm enough.

Anyone else's kiddo still nursing? Elly nurses about four times a day (morning, pre-nap, post-nap, bedtime, plus soothing times for boo boos and hurt feelings). Sometimes she's too active to nurse, but she never forgets for long. She has no code words, just, "Nurse." She's been saying the word perfectly from the beginning, since she was a baby, so there's no hiding the extended nursing from the in-laws. I'm not sure how much milk she's getting. Not much, but I know there's something.

Hope you're all well!

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

Old 02-11-2007, 02:27 AM - Thread Starter

Welldone!!! Nice to hear from you! And Kiera is still nursing too tough it is only a few times a say as well - except for lately since her bottom 2 year molars are coing n and giving her major grief. I am tandeming Kiera and Devin and also pumping since I am in school so I feel like a cow these days!Moo!:
Old 02-11-2007, 10:41 AM

Quote:
hey its still fun to try

Old 02-11-2007, 12:29 PM

so far the TTC part was the best part of the pregnancy process!!! This pregnancy has been sooooo rough...but i think the morningsickness is finally at bay!

I felt the baby kick yesterday....one random kick it was nice though to feel something from the little life inside me!
Old 02-12-2007, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
so far the TTC part was the best part of the pregnancy process!!! This pregnancy has been sooooo rough...but i think the morningsickness is finally at bay!

I felt the baby kick yesterday....one random kick it was nice though to feel something from the little life inside me!
Hang in there...you shouod be over the worst of the m/s soon! And yey for the kick!!! I can still remember when both of the girls kicked for the first time...With Kiera I called my Mom and was like, "Mom - it feels like butterfly wings. What IS that?" She laughed and told me it was the baby!
Old 02-12-2007, 04:10 PM

I haven't caught up with the March mamas in a while either but Stephanie reminded me in the breastfeeding forum!

Well Grey has officially weaned. I posted his nursing and weaning story just the other day. It is bittersweet watching him grow up and do his own thing. He has such a mind of his own. We went out to eat last night and he insisted on eating nothing but broccoli and grapes. And he has to do everything himself. He has started saying "no no no!" when he doesn't want something and "more". He doesn't really do sentences other than "oh whas dat?" but he always points out hats, cars, trains, and the moon. He is really into Thomas the Train lately. He's a very intense little guy and has started to get into mischief a lot lately- if its quiet and I don't see Grey he's either in the toilet or heading for the litter box. He keeps me on my toes.
Congrats to all the mamas who have new babes, babes on the way, and are TTC.
Here are some pics
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...ileyface45.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...1/000_0827.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...1/000_0790.jpg

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

Old 02-12-2007, 05:55 PM

I never ever seem to post anymore, but since many other started their thread that way, I don't feel so awfully bad....

I can't believe in less than a month my child is going to be TWO!!! He is talking up a storm and uses his thomas trains and other trucks to play out little stories, which usually involve a crash to which a small ambulance and a small police car must come and park right up against the "crashed" car. This action of parking very near the wrecked car makes it magically right itsself, as ds says with some finality"Help them" and then it goes on to happen again, and again.

He is also fond of driving a car or train along the floor asking it "Where you goin'?"

He will talk in part english and part "Loganese" (as I have dubbed it) and interject "Yeah, yeah" here and there like,"Logan driving BIG truck yeah yeah, going fast yeah yeah. mommy mommy yeah yeah where you goin'?" He constantly has a little dialog going. He will play by himself some and he will say "Mommy help you" when he wants a partner in play..

He is very into doing things on his own. I often forget to ask him if he wants to throw trash away in the garbage and this is a big big mistake....I have had to actually tell him " I am sorry you can throw the NEXT piece of trash away!"

We are having teething issues, molars coming in. I had to give him tylenol last night, he was rubbing his head into the couch, just moaning! I asked him what was wrong, as he had been fine all day, he told me "Teeth hurt." It was pitiful, I hope this gets over soon...

Still working on learning to pedal the poor tricycle...so far he has only pedaled once! That was by accident...he wants to push down with both feet at once. I am hoping spring weather comes early so we can get outside and practice it.

We are stuck on "potty interested" even when we have on just underwear with plastic pants...but I have hope that by the end of summer we are all through that too.

Anyone else have a larger than average kidlet? I am having to buy 4-5T shirts and 4T shorts for DS for the summer ( I stock up little by little when I see something just right-just got him an "I do all my own stunts" Tshirt the other day like the mythbusters!!!!)
Ds is also in size 9.5 WIDE shoes!!! He just seems so big...

Okay I have babbled on and on...it IS nice to post once in a while though to pour it all out!!!

Picture smiling and sticking out his tongue while brushing his teeth
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39.../ATT753490.jpg
Old 02-16-2007, 03:28 PM

Old 02-16-2007, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

Jen - Congrats on TTC. and Grey is such a cutie!

newmomma02 - Kiera is in a 3T for shirts as well as pants (though I have to roll them up). Her friend who is 3 months older has been in a 4T for some time...Every kiddo is different. That being said, Devin (my 3mo) is already in 12 month clothing! She is the same size Kiera was @ 9mo!

Emma'sMommy - Kiera has requested ladybugs at her b-day party. I went online and found a great deal @ birthday express. They also had stuff at birthday in a box. My friend told me about these websites - everything comes in a box already! If you are time-pressed like me check it out - I was thrilled!
Old 02-17-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugchild77 View Post
Emma'sMommy - Kiera has requested ladybugs at her b-day party. I went online and found a great deal @ birthday express. They also had stuff at birthday in a box. My friend told me about these websites - everything comes in a box already! If you are time-pressed like me check it out - I was thrilled!
Too funny -- DD and I were browsing that site yesterday and she wants the ladybugs too!!! She was a ladybug for Halloween last year and still talks about it!
Old 02-17-2007, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthasam View Post
Too funny -- DD and I were browsing that site yesterday and she wants the ladybugs too!!! She was a ladybug for Halloween last year and still talks about it!
nak (kiera this time)
great minds think alike! i can't wait! i am making ladybug cupcakes...
Old 02-17-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugchild77 View Post
nak (kiera this time)
great minds think alike! i can't wait! i am making ladybug cupcakes...
I'm assuming red frosting. What are you using for the spots? I'm not sure I trust my cousins with red frosting in my house
Old 02-18-2007, 02:33 PM

We went with care bears.....we have a discount party suply store near us so thats where i went....although after their remodel i was kind of upset they decreased their birthday suplies......

I was going to do Elmo but it was sooooo boyish i decided care bears was a better choice....and Emma likes her care bears as well! and the best part was the care bear stuff was on clearance for $1 each.....i got everything i needed for under $15! YIPPIE!
Old 02-21-2007, 06:50 PM

we arn't talkitive this month....
Old 02-22-2007, 06:13 AM

hello

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
Old 02-22-2007, 06:18 AM

Quote:
ooo im soo excited for you guys who are planning to TTC in the summer.....just avoid June or you'll have another MARCH baby!!!!!

although i think March was a GREAT month to have a baby i'm sooooo not looking forward to being super huge in July!
it is not pleasant. we will be ttc either this June or next. we loved having a march baby (me especially) never again will I willingly be pregnant in the summer. not hugely pregnant anyways.

Plus I don't want to chance sharing my birthday with anymore offspring. I mean really it SOUNDS neat but I could have done a million other things rather than being in labor all day on my birthday (he was born at 10:21pm)

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
Old 02-22-2007, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthasam View Post
I'm assuming red frosting. What are you using for the spots? I'm not sure I trust my cousins with red frosting in my house
nak (kiera again... )
choocolate chips ypsidedown so they are round and black licorice rope for the lune and abtenna,,,bot sure what to do for the head though. thoughts?
Old 02-22-2007, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
We went with care bears.....we have a discount party suply store near us so thats where i went....although after their remodel i was kind of upset they decreased their birthday suplies......

I was going to do Elmo but it was sooooo boyish i decided care bears was a better choice....and Emma likes her care bears as well! and the best part was the care bear stuff was on clearance for $1 each.....i got everything i needed for under $15! YIPPIE!
We almost did Elmo too as Kiera loves him, though she has never seen him on Sesame Street...there must be something about this, because whenever Devin sees him in Kiera's slippers she coos and goes nuts!

User Tag List