*~*In like a Lion! March thread for May 04 Mamas!*~* - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 313 Old 03-06-2007, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks, Renae!!!: : You always make me feel so good. What's your city? Providence? I can look up amongst my tribal belly contacts to see what's going on 'round there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmalola View Post
I realized today that I don't spend every waking moment thinking about the baby, which is such a switch from when I was knocked up with the lentil. It's almost weird.
Whoa on the sleepover, and : at the geek parents!!! Funny! Also--this thought was in my head too with Amara--I often FORGOT I was pregnant, unlike with Sol, which occupied every waking moment.
#62 of 313 Old 03-06-2007, 04:01 PM

i can't forget i am pregnant right now.

this is my quickie 'if its not one thing its your mother' post. we had a great weekend overall except two : conversations which happened in succession and put me in a bad mood. the first comment was 'don't you think you should get him a teddy bear instead of a doll?' like he's a *gasp* boy! god forbid i should attempt to raise a nurturing boy who may someday grow into a good parent :rollseyes: this is after she tells me last week that she's glad i'm having 2 boys because she was raised in such a sexist environment and she wasn't allowed to do so many things that her brothers did. well, reverse sexism is just as bad. right after that we had the 'circ' convo. i knew that one would be coming. i had to walk out of the room. and then i just found out last night that she made comments for the rest of the weekend to doug about it : of course my dad is a peach and there is no drama there.
#63 of 313 Old 03-06-2007, 06:47 PM

Aaaaw, don't you hate it when you have a nice, thoughtful post typed out, and *someone* smacks the keyboard and it all goes away?

Well, trust that I'm thinking of you all. I'm too : right now to go do it again. Don't worry, I'll get over it
#64 of 313 Old 03-07-2007, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Just bumping us back up! Not much to say, it's coooold here! And Lisa, I've never used Cadbury Mini-Eggs as makeup, but I think I just might start now.
#65 of 313 Old 03-07-2007, 11:20 AM

It'd be a lot cheaper than going to the department store for makeup.

Speaking of, everymama, would anymama be willing to stop by a pharmacy (walgreen's or similar) where they sell cheapy makeup? I need a fresh infusion of certain eyeliners for bellydance! I can paypal the $. It's not much but super important 'cause I can't get them here!
Heck, I can't even get cadbury eggs down here for makeup.

(speaking of, Lisa, I hadn't heard of that either!)

We are all : around here today, all three girls. Mega-schnoppy noses. Ugh.
#66 of 313 Old 03-07-2007, 11:22 AM

And juice, there is nothing worse than having a nice thoughtful post smacked to keyboard oblivion. Actually, there are lots of things worse, but I can totally commiserate. It angers me no end when I lose something I labored over into cyberspace.
#67 of 313 Old 03-07-2007, 11:56 AM

Well, since I am the second early bird this morning, I will be happy to volunteer to pick up some Wet 'n' Wild eyeliners for you. PM me and let me know what you need.
#68 of 313 Old 03-07-2007, 01:00 PM

I've been fairly out of commission for a few days... I've had a pretty nasty tummy bug that really wiped me out (dunno if I've ever mentioned this, but I had giardia for ~10 mos. when I was in college, and I think it did some permanent damage to my gut, and one of the results is that I'm really susceptible to gut bugs, and when I get one, I get it BAD... I've wondered if the severe m/s I get has anything to do with this, too... but I digress). I'm back (but not all of me--probably about 10 lbs lighter). Oh yeah--I had a *cold* at the same time. It seems absurd to have 2 viruses at once, but I did.

I'm hopelessly behind, though I read everything. I have to say, though, gaak on all the mother stuff. I seriously hope that I am a good mother to adult L and a good mil to the boys' partners. I'm giggling about the Cadbury eggs as makeup. I can help with the WnW, too, if MCSB isn't good enough.

Els, if you're looking up BD for Renae, will you look for me, too? I've given up trying to convince my friends to go with me. I want to use my "mama" nights to either take an advanced knitting class (I can do everything quite proficiently *except* multicolor stuff--I need to be TAUGHT that or a BD class. (My mama friends always want to go out to eat, and while I enjoy the gabbing, I don't enjoy the food... I think restaurants in the Bay Area were VASTLY better, and local places here just don't do vegan well at all). Not that I could ever be as good a knitter as some of y'all, and not that I'll ever come close to Els in the BD dept. But we all have our dreams, right?
#69 of 313 Old 03-07-2007, 01:10 PM

Els - I didn't mean to unsettle you with my comments. I hope you also felt the love in my post. I admire you and your spirit so much precisely because you are such an ALIVE spirit – seeking out and finding what you need; learning about yourself; and being open to your children and life. I really struggle with living purposefully and staying awake for my life and I often think of you and how, for better or worse, you throw yourself headlong into life. It’s awesome and beautiful to know you.

KK – I am glad you are feeling better. I read you were down and out over on your blog - which I love by the way. I want to write one but I am afraid I will get fired for doing it at work. I never have home time on the computer and I already spend too much time on the internet at work. I am working on it. ANYWAY, about you, my dear, I like reading more about you and you thoughts on topics beyond what we discuss here. Blogs really satisfy the voyeur in me, so thanks for sharing about your thoughts on such great topics.

Heather – I am so glad the school day went well. I can’t wait to hear about all the hippo and school adventures.

Thinking of you and your family today, Megan.

Love to all the mamas of may!
#70 of 313 Old 03-07-2007, 01:13 PM

Aw, KK. My ego purrs. Thanks for that, and I WILL look into bd in the boulder area.

Sarah--how did you know they were wet n wild? : And honey, be sure about this, because it involves going there, and then mailing them down here. Two whole errands for a busy midwife-to-be.
I want turquoise, black, and more black, LIQUID eyeliners. Also a nice obnoxious waterproof mascara, again black. Any wild n crazy color LIQUID eyeliners. The brush on the wet n wild is not the best but the colors are. hence, another brand of black for the best brush--which ideally is more felt tip pen-like instead of scary long bristles. not sure if you can open n check, though.
#71 of 313 Old 03-07-2007, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&L+1 View Post
I really struggle with living purposefully and staying awake for my life and I often think of you and how, for better or worse, you throw yourself headlong into life.

Ooooh, how very egotistical, I am quoting myself! I just wanted to share this Brian Andreas print with you all because what I wrote above made me realize that I was thinking of Elsanne as one of these kind of angels and I thought you might appreciate:

http://www.storypeople.com/storypeop...nextStory.y=14

"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life." Story People called Angels of Mercy

Anyway...
#72 of 313 Old 03-07-2007, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Els - I didn't mean to unsettle you with my comments. I hope you also felt the love in my post. I admire you and your spirit so much precisely because you are such an ALIVE spirit – seeking out and finding what you need; learning about yourself; and being open to your children and life. I really struggle with living purposefully and staying awake for my life and I often think of you and how, for better or worse, you throw yourself headlong into life. It’s awesome and beautiful to know you.
Um, WOW. : : : I'm going to print this out and put it on my fridge. I did indeed feel the love, and in fact, you were that angel for me (ref. angel below) when you said that. I took of course no offense with you whatsoever, espejito espejito, Viet always says (mirror, mirror), because you were acting as a mirror for me, a check in with reality. No sleepies on the job/life here. Even though I was/am coasting along "fine", as Sarah said, it's always good and interesting when someone points out something that is worthy of mental mastication, as your comment was.

Quote:
Ooooh, how very egotistical, I am quoting myself! I just wanted to share this Brian Andreas print with you all because what I wrote above made me realize that I was thinking of Elsanne as one of these kind of angels and I thought you might appreciate:

http://www.storypeople.com/storypeop...nextStory.y=14

"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life." Story People called Angels of Mercy

Anyway...
WOW. I think I need this on my wall too. Because I cannot figure out why, when I was so happy and cozy and comfy as a wife in Arizona, I CHOSE to come down here and go to the depths of the depths when I already had it all figgered out durnit! Why go figure it out again! *sigh* Gawds. I need to just think about needing to pee, like Juice's dh, instead of all this house of mirrors business. Too many avenues to really explore, and I think too much anyway.
#73 of 313 Old 03-07-2007, 01:41 PM

I love Brian Andreas.
#74 of 313 Old 03-07-2007, 01:55 PM

Argh emmalola, I just typed out a long, thoughtful response on your blog and it got munched. Grrrr. It made me laugh, and made me cry. Your work is so important.
#75 of 313 Old 03-07-2007, 03:33 PM

I knew it was Wet 'n' Wild because that is the cheap, drugstore brand that has great colors. I will go tomorrow and get your goodies. Do you have a $$ amount/number of treats in mind?

I love Brian Andreas, too.

In class - more later.

S.
#76 of 313 Old 03-07-2007, 05:09 PM

why o why did i leave my papaya enzyme at home???????????????. ugh. and who woulda thunk carrot cake for breakfast would cause so much acid reflux???? i'm currently waiting for a burrito. that should help

kk that sounds like a really awful few days there. i'm glad you're on the upswing.

GD test for me tomorrow. it was supposed to be yesterday but i didn't realize i would have had to eat breakfast by 8am and i didn't. so there was no way i was going to make it to noon or later with only sugar for sustinance. tomorrow i have to get up early and eat eggs or something. i'm prepped to fail and i haaaaaaaate that stupid 3 hr test. although it got me over my fainting problem with needles. which is nice

i have shoe envy : all i want to wear right now are sneakers anyway.

not much for antics from isaac lately. he's in a phase of running away from doug from hugs and kisses so as we were driving home i told him he needs to give daddy more loves becaues he was hurting daddy's feelings (he really *does* get his feelings hurt). he told me 'he has scratchy face!' ah-ha! i said 'kiss his lips - they're really soft!' so he was more kissy last night which was cute.

i'm so out of it i just realized i need a babysitter for this weekend and for next week and i need to call. waaaaaaaay last minute. wish me luck!

burritoooooo is calllllllling
#77 of 313 Old 03-07-2007, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsarahb View Post
Do you have a $$ amount/number of treats in mind?
I am thinking about 4 eyeliners and one mascara. I'll pm you my address.
#78 of 313 Old 03-07-2007, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Quote:

KK – I am glad you are feeling better. I read you were down and out over on your blog - which I love by the way. I want to write one but I am afraid I will get fired for doing it at work. I never have home time on the computer and I already spend too much time on the internet at work. I am working on it. ANYWAY, about you, my dear, I like reading more about you and you thoughts on topics beyond what we discuss here. Blogs really satisfy the voyeur in me, so thanks for sharing about your thoughts on such great topics.

I totally 2nd what Lisa said, Elsanne. I definitely feel that knowing you has been an incredibly positive thing for *me*. You've made me think a *lot* about how I do things. I need to do a little more "headlong" and a little less "premeditated" in *my* life.

Lisa, isn't it great that I can't be fired from *my* job for blogging on the job? (I don't know why I think that's so funny, but I do.) Thanks for the compliments. It means a lot coming from you.

Quote:
http://www.storypeople.com/storypeople/WebStory.do?storyID=1075&showBehindStory=false&sto ryInSearch=200&startIndex=11&productCategoryID=100 0&submit.nextStory.x=24&submit.nextStory.y=14

Anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
Um, WOW. : : : I'm going to print this out and put it on my fridge. I did indeed feel the love, and in fact, you were that angel for me (ref. angel below) when you said that. I took of course no offense with you whatsoever, espejito espejito, Viet always says (mirror, mirror), because you were acting as a mirror for me, a check in with reality. No sleepies on the job/life here. Even though I was/am coasting along "fine", as Sarah said, it's always good and interesting when someone points out something that is worthy of mental mastication, as your comment was.
Quote:

I should print it out and put it on my fridge, too. I guess my angels of this nature are my kids (and no, I'm not saying that to be smarmy... it's just that they've forced me--one way or another--to reexamine so much of myself... I could avoid just about everyone else, y'know, but somehow, not the kids).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar View Post
GD test for me tomorrow. it was supposed to be yesterday but i didn't realize i would have had to eat breakfast by 8am and i didn't. so there was no way i was going to make it to noon or later with only sugar for sustinance. tomorrow i have to get up early and eat eggs or something. i'm prepped to fail and i haaaaaaaate that stupid 3 hr test. although it got me over my fainting problem with needles. which is nice
Quote:

How I hate the stupid GD test. You have my sympathy.

Look at me, multi-quoting like Sherri.
#79 of 313 Old 03-07-2007, 08:37 PM

kk--asafoetida? croci? Gonna have to open up dictionary.com...

thanks for the love, too, girl!
Riiight back atcha!
#80 of 313 Old 03-07-2007, 08:39 PM

Quote:
why o why did i leave my papaya enzyme at home???????????????. ugh. and who woulda thunk carrot cake for breakfast would cause so much acid reflux???? i'm currently waiting for a burrito. that should help
When I was pregnant, ANY refined sugar would inspire heartburn. It was heartbreaking, because I was craving crud like donuts. Sadly, I would often choose to eat them anyway and just pay the price :
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKmama View Post

I totally 2nd what Lisa said, Elsanne. I definitely feel that knowing you has been an incredibly positive thing for *me*. You've made me think a *lot* about how I do things. I need to do a little more "headlong" and a little less "premeditated" in *my* life.
:
And rock on with your multiquoting self, KK!
#81 of 313 Old 03-07-2007, 09:06 PM

mmmmmmmmmm donuts. i haven't figured out any correlation yet with what i've eaten so i think it is purely a baby position thing. i had a few glorious days last week without it but it is pretty much constant and gross : the enzyme tabs don't really even do the trick for me but at least i feel like i'm 'doing' something. i took them out of my purse because a certain little man was eating far more of them than i was.

i just have to say i feel reallllllllly stressed today. i'm behind on many many deadlines. or at least i just have too many people that want something right now and they all think they are the only person on the planet. my boss is gone and therefore my phone rings waaay more than usual allowing me to get *nothing* done : i did just finish one thing though and i am 'zen breathing' before i start the next. i'm getting a headache. *le sigh* hey only 3 more months of this mad house!!!!
#82 of 313 Old 03-07-2007, 09:13 PM

well, i'm glad i didn't try to call you today, then.

but if you want to take a break, call me.

~claudia
#83 of 313 Old 03-07-2007, 09:17 PM

Diggin' the new avatar, Miss Claudia!
#84 of 313 Old 03-07-2007, 11:22 PM

thanks, els. that was taken on our snowy day last month (or i guess it was end of january).
#85 of 313 Old 03-07-2007, 11:43 PM

Aww, so much shared! This morning was rough (and hey, so is tonight!) because Rowan is sick : : Poor baby. My friend M. and her DS are sick too. I am just waiting...I know I am going to get it...
Damn dude, it's almost 10pm and Rowan is STILL not asleep. I guess I'll go relieve DH...
Just wanted to say , my mamas.
#86 of 313 Old 03-07-2007, 11:50 PM

Hey girl--: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : This is me, and Amara, and Sol a few days ago. And the week before that, it was Amara only different, and Sol a few days prior. And the week before that, my mother, and Sol. Then Amara.

Feeling poorly at the moment. This too shall pass.
#87 of 313 Old 03-08-2007, 09:00 AM

to all the : :
#88 of 313 Old 03-08-2007, 01:33 PM

Quote:
kk--asafoetida? croci? Gonna have to open up dictionary.com...
Quote:
The asafoetida was definitely a pre-: thing. Right now, I'm more on the bandwagon. And I've finally seen my first crocus. It's warming up around here. FINALLY.

I also : the very cute new S pic in TC's avatar.

Dudes, while I was :, laundry just did NOT happen around here (except for a load of dipes that dh grumbled through... T ran out of socks'n'underwear, which he got very : about. (Actually, I don't think there's an emoticon for "whiney".) Now I'm playing catch-up. Isn't it curious how the laundry and related tasks wait for us, oh so patiently? I want laundry that has initiative and does itself.
#89 of 313 Old 03-08-2007, 01:44 PM

I want a man that has initiative and does himself.

:

Oh, I crack myself up. I really can't complain; my DH does more laundry than I do. I'm sorry everyone's sick around these parts. Pleeeeease don't give it to me as I have so much to do in the next 2 weeks to get done with this quarter. This weekend I think we may even have to ask MIL to watch L while I do homework and DH work on the retaining wall. We have this huge 2-foot deep trench right next to the front sidewalk that could kill somebody falling into it in the dark or something. Must fill it before we get sued.

Oop, hear a whistle. Gotta run
#90 of 313 Old 03-08-2007, 01:45 PM

kk: i wasn't even sick and i want laundry with initiative. maybe we could invent some self-folding laundry...??? and then get the kids to put it all away.

talked to fiddle on the phone yesterday and i mentioned that i'm still trying to figure out what to do with M while i'm at my appt with the therapist next wed. and she offers to come out here and be with M while i am out. : i : you, fiddle.

time for a shower now...

~c

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page