*~*In like a Lion! March thread for May 04 Mamas!*~* - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 313 Old 03-12-2007, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Your "reason for editing", Sherri, had me a-chucklin'.

Lisa--hope you feel better soon mamacita. Hm. Somehow, "mamacita" doesn't work for a lesbian, and I don't know why that is. I guess somewhere deep down I see or feel a latino catcalling when I use this word.
#122 of 313 Old 03-12-2007, 02:30 PM

Els, now that is just funny! I call Alison mamacita all the time. Catcalling? Oh yes.
#123 of 313 Old 03-12-2007, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&L+1 View Post
I call Alison mamacita all the time. Catcalling? Oh yes.
Meow-rowr!!!
#124 of 313 Old 03-12-2007, 03:55 PM

checking in to say hola before i go to dh's office for a bit. and i need to do some laundry because we steadily ignored it all weekend long.

i bought pee pee paul and omg what a hit! boy is that a lot of fun isaac is taking him to bed and everything. he's actually way more into it than i even expected.

so glad to hear some of the nausea-mamas are coming out of it. and sorry heather that you're getting into the thick of that part of pg. i'm in the part of pg where i think maybe i could handle this again someday.....so easy to forget the early days when i swore i would never subject myself to that hormonal poisoning again. i'm sure birthing will reaffirm that feeling though

i think babe went head down again. hardly any heartburn for the last 2 days and babe had the hiccups last night that were shaking my pubic bone

glad to hear there is some good parenting flowing and feeling better going on. we had a pretty easy-going weekend. this week looks crazy-busy with all kinds of appointments on my calendar. i feel exhausted just thinking about it. we are supposed to see modest mouse thursday night and the tickets have NOT ARRIVED in the mail. i am more than : right now because i am pretty sure there is nothing to be done about it. i bought them directly from modest mouse not ticketmaster in the presale and they have no phone number and have ignored my 2 emails. just a little note on their website saying they can only guarantee delivery of fed-ex tix. of course i went with regular postage. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. i am going to cry if we can't go.
#125 of 313 Old 03-12-2007, 04:45 PM

Ug, I had a post typed up, and someone (who shall remain unnamed) restarted the computer.
Here's my personal double-ug:
(1) T had a getting fillings appt at the dentist today (dh went with him, and apparently it was pretty harrowing, and only 1/2 the fillings, so 1 more appt! ack ack!)
(2) L had her weight check today, see my blog for that. :
#126 of 313 Old 03-12-2007, 05:08 PM

I feel like blah. I had it much easier with the first two for sure. Boy or twins perhaps. :

The OT/PT evals today went *much* better TG. C was a mess though as it was in the middle of lunch/naptime. Both girls down for late naps now and I will follow I think.

KK--replied over yonder!

Jacquie-- LOVE the house! So happy you'll have plenty of time to settle in before the new babe arrives.

Jstar--so cute about the doll!! He is going to adore his baby bro for sure!

*yawn*

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#127 of 313 Old 03-12-2007, 09:04 PM

Hey guys. Checking in. Things have been craaaaaazy. Roller coaster hospital and family drama. BUUUUUUUT.... MIL is going home to Miami tomorrow. I can hardly believe it, and I won't fully believe it until it happens.

Today's my birthday, and so far, it's been pretty bunk. Mia has been an absolute nightmare this afternoon. I think I've had all of 4 minutes to myself today (not counting right now - the brood is out on the front lawn, rolling around and eating grass). John will likely not be home until his normal time of 7:00 or later. Yay me. John has made promises of good prezzies tonight though, so things might turn around later on. (Yes, I am that much of a brat that a good gift can and will turn my whole day around )

Mia screaming outside. Must go.
#128 of 313 Old 03-12-2007, 09:19 PM

Aw jeez Meg, sure hope it DOES get better! Report back on the prezzie!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY, hon!!!
#129 of 313 Old 03-12-2007, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

:::

Happy Birthday mamameg!!
#130 of 313 Old 03-12-2007, 09:51 PM

birthday? why is it not on the yg calendar? did i forget it? off to check...

in other news, omigosh, today was going soooooooo well, until AFTER nap. and let me just say, when it rains, it pours, and it pours pee. marek napped in the car, and then when he woke up, he wouldn't let me help him out of the carseat to climb down, so he proceeded to pee all over his legs, pants, and carseat, and he peed so much that the pee then ran down onto the seat of my car. grrrr... and he was sooooo stinky and so sweaty from his nap (he's a sweat machine when he naps) that i made him take a shower with and i washed his hair and omigosh, that was/is always an ordeal. now the carseat cover is in the washing machine, the carseat is out on the front porch (well, our lame excuse for a front porch but really just an entry way platform) drying. grrrrr...

finishing my smoothie and off to a meeting with the S-meister.

~claudia

eta: it is on the yg calendar, but i didn't get a email reminder even though it's set to send one.

so...

:Happy Birthday Megan!!!:
#131 of 313 Old 03-13-2007, 12:18 AM

Happy Birthday Megan!!!

Here is to good mama days and boo to pee everywhere. I have resingned myself to getting the carpets steamed soon.

I still have no washer and the people on the other end of the phone are just not helping me.

BOOHOOO.

OK, but other than that I am feeling good. Tomorrow is my morning off. Whoohoo.
#132 of 313 Old 03-13-2007, 08:25 AM

As it has been lately, I will update first and catch up later! :
I have been at the retail job since, oh, THURSDAY!!! : I don't have to work again until this Thursday and while I like my job well enough and the discount rocks (as does the money) it IS retail and it DOES tire me out. *sigh* And I felt like I never really had a weekend, and Rowan has been in RARE form because I haven't been around (read: possessed by THE DEVIL )...it's been a real eye-opener to how thankful I am that I have mostly been able to stay home with him this long. WOH mamas, again, I salute you:

Anyway. A lot of things have been going on with me this past week, and I will update more on the YG when I get a chance (which will hopefully be today because Rowan and I are doing nothing more strenuous than going to the wholesale store (It's called BJ's--my BF always laughs when I mention this place. Because she is immature. And I don't laugh, nope! But why couldn't I have a membership to Costco or something : ) and I am joining he and DH for music class tonight, because I promised after being called in last-minute to work last night.

I miss you all and I am here. The main issue I wanted to talk about (but not here) involves the big W and the "vitamins" (not related)...but I feel fairly good about the decisions I have been coming to lately.

Hope to write more soon. Now, time to read back! I you all, as always.
#133 of 313 Old 03-13-2007, 08:38 AM

Oh, right, I just wanted to give HUGE thanks to the mighty Elsanne for helping me out with bellydance in my area! THANK YOU!!!
I've been checking out that website and I sent the link to my friend. Ooh, so excited!

Anyway, thank you thank you thank you!
#134 of 313 Old 03-13-2007, 10:48 AM

You are welcome! Let the dance begin!

What is the big W? Work? GW Bush? What's going on?

Yesterday was another god-mama flow day. ha! meant to write GOOD-mama but think I'll leave it.

Want to hear how mizzymeg's birfday went.
#135 of 313 Old 03-13-2007, 01:31 PM

i think the big W renae refers to might be "operation W" with regards to the milkies...

gotta get ready for a playdate but hopefully more later...

~c
#136 of 313 Old 03-13-2007, 01:41 PM

I'm reading and thinking of all of you, with new babies, babies gestating, new houses, MILs leaving, vitamin changes, etc., etc.

The quarter is coming to a screaming close, I have two presentations - today and tomorrow, my mom arrives tomorrow night, I leave for a 3-day conference on Thursday, and my brain is basically a heap of quivering jello.

~whimper~
#137 of 313 Old 03-13-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsarahb View Post
I leave for a 3-day conference on Thursday, and my brain is basically a heap of quivering jello.~whimper~
I know you are overwhelmed and I feel for you even though my heart is a quivering heap of jealousy. I so want to be at that conference! May your days between now and then go smoothy and may you share a glass of wine and unwind with some rocking midwives by the weekend.
#138 of 313 Old 03-13-2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&L+1 View Post
I feel for you even though my heart is a quivering heap of jealousy. I so want to be at that conference! May your days between now and then go smoothy and may you share a glass of wine and unwind with some rocking midwives by the weekend.
I'll be thinking of you, and I will report back. Next year, baby, next year!

Sarah
#139 of 313 Old 03-13-2007, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsarahb View Post
The quarter is coming to a screaming close, I have two presentations - today and tomorrow, my mom arrives tomorrow night, I leave for a 3-day conference on Thursday, and my brain is basically a heap of quivering jello.

~whimper~
Oh, Sarah. You have my sympathies, in spades, as I have been there! That feeling--not the conference--
sharing wine with rockin' midwives? I think I wanna go too!
Best of luck on the presentations. You'll do great, I know, and it will be over! Dang, girl you are one BUSY girl these days. Biiiiig huuuug and deep relaxing breath...
#140 of 313 Old 03-13-2007, 02:17 PM

OMG, worst birthday ever. In fact, worst day I've had in a looooooooong, long time. Mia and I fought pretty much all day. Nap attempt was a failure and a total scene. Then bedtime came and she fought me on going to bed for 1 hour and 45 minutes. (Any wise words about this craziness? It's been ramping up for the last couple of weeks, and in the past few days, her resistance to going to bed has increased exponentially and it's driving me up the wall. What to do????) A few times during the battle, I left her in her room to her own devices (music, books, monkey business) because I was seriously about to hurt her. : I'm glad I had the control to remove myself from the situation, but why did it get to that point? I'm the parent... why did I let it get so out of control?

Anyway, I talked to John on his way home and told him all about how awful my day was, and the dear, dear man had mercy on me and "gave" me one of my birthday gifts over the phone. He told me he booked a massage, a facial AND a pedicure for me at the spa right by our house. He booked these treatments for me this Saturday, which also happens to be HIS birthday. He went on and on about how much I sacrifice for our family and for him and he wanted to clearly show me how much he sees that, and he can take a day off for his birthday anytime, and that I NEEDED a break asap. I wept on the phone as soon as me said "massage" and it really did help my mood a lot. He finally got home at 10:00 and we ate a pizza that I ordered (he picked it up on his way home) which was just another disappointment because they didn't' get the order right, so we paid $21 for a pizza that we didn't even care for. : Annoying.

Oh, and he also got me a bottle of some yummmmmmmmy smelling perfume (Betsy Johnson) and I love it. So, bad birthday was turned around a bit by the prezzies. And the thought of an entire afternoon at the spa in a few days will get me through the week. No doubt.

And it really is amazing what a good night's sleep can do for one's outlook. My very first thought this morning upon waking was, "it's a new day. yesterday is over. yay!"

for everyone who needs it. I gotta get Jett down for a nap and my cleaning lady will here any minute and the house is wrecked.
#141 of 313 Old 03-13-2007, 02:23 PM

Ooops, I forgot to thank you ladies for the awesome birthday wishes! Sitting down and reading them during my fleeting moments of peace made for some warm fuzzies. :
#142 of 313 Old 03-13-2007, 02:49 PM

happy belated birthday meg!! sorry it was a struggle of a day. the spa afternoon sounds MAHHVELLOUS!!!! oh so nice

boo as well for pee in the car. lack of washers. totally overwhelming end of quarter days. and working too many days in a row.

isaac was a bit of a trial last night. we tried a malaysian restaurant and he was &*&^*% obnoxious through the whole meal. just naughty and it was very : and he picked at the food and tried quite a few new things and liked some and spit out others. but i don't think he ate enough because he asked for a bagel before bed and it was already 8:30 so i told him he could have one for breakfast. well who got to make a bagel at 5:30 (which felt like 4:30) am??????? yep. and then he went promptly back to sleep while i didn't. so i feel a bit zombied today.

a chiro visit later should get me sorted out
#143 of 313 Old 03-13-2007, 03:52 PM

Yeah, "operation W"....which I am not that serious about...ESPECIALLY when I mentioned something about getting Rowan down to nap yesterday w/o nursing to the RAISIN MAMA and she said, sounding rather disdainful "oh...I didn't even realize you still DID *that*..."

So this afternoon when I was telling Rowan what the rest of our afternoon would entail (home from grocery store, diaper, nap) he said, all hopefully, "nurse!" and I stopped, thought for a second and said "You know what? Yeah, we're gonna NURSE!" Hahaha.

Anyway...HAPPY lovely belated birthday wishes Megan! Sorry your actual birthday was craptastical, but it sounds like it was a bit made up for with those fantastic gifts!
And OMG, I am sorry about Mia's craziness...but it has also made me feel a little bit better, because I am not the only one!! Rowan has been in RARE form the past week or so...and DH and I are both at our wit's end. It's not ALWAYS bad, but the other night DH got up with him from 5-7am, trying to deal with the screaming, squriming, sleep-refusing child who nonetheless did NOT want Daddy to stop patting him! : Yeah...
And I was away working the past few days, but this madness started BEFORE that. *sigh* We're trying to ride it out.

And now, that is enough out of me. I have to sort some laundry before Rowan wakes up (He's still napping! woo!)
Loves to you all!

ETA: comical laundry story: right, so. I have been washing Rowan's load of laundry for THREE DAYS now. Wanna know why? Because the kid dropped a handful of CRAYONS into his laundry bag, and I failed to notice them until it was too late. :
Good thing they were washable crayons...

#144 of 313 Old 03-13-2007, 04:02 PM

Happy belated BDay, Meg! Sorry it was not so good, but hope Saturday more than makes up for it.
#145 of 313 Old 03-13-2007, 06:34 PM

OH, Meg. What fantastic gifts. What a scheit-y day you had, and I am sorry 'bout that. It's all about YOU this weekend, though...yaaay! Did MIL make it on the plane?
What is the deal with 10 PM??? dh arriving home? Work? Commute? I remember you 'spected him about 7 pm and that was bad enough. I cannot imagine how hard you work, girl. I am really thinkin' bout you. The nighttime drama is so hard. Trust that it will pass--I think I would take a different tack if I were you, which would be to not fight it. Not like I got it down, you understand, except right now I do. It always changes. But whenever we are fighting the bedtime big time I just throw my hands up and at its worst I told her FINE--stay up--but I'm going to do what I would do if you were asleep and I am NOT PLAYING WITH YOU. You stay up, but do your own thing. Usually she will eventually fall asleep looking at books with me or viet after that. It is so hard when you are alone, though, and no other adult to take over the baby/toddler unless one is already mercifully asleep.
That is just one idea, I have a handful I use but basically the one that works is the one where I can attempt to go with the flow and not fight. And wait until she's really, really tired to try again. I struggle too though so truly it's mostly commiseration I offer.
#146 of 313 Old 03-13-2007, 07:00 PM

megan: we've only just (like since the end of january) entered the land of minimal struggles and relatively short bedtime routine for the toddler. we finish dinner, play a bit, get dressed in pjs, brush teeth (if we remember), maybe watch a little bit of thomas the tank engine or maybe just go right to the bedroom, read some books, turn off the light, and he's usually out within 20 minutes if i lay down with him but sometimes 45 minutes if it's bill because i'm otherwise occupied with babe. this is with no napping in the afternoon. if there is a nap, the routine does get shifted back towards 9ish instead of 730ish.

currently, babe is napping in the turned off car in the garage and i just finally got to clip marek's fingernails while he watches between the lions on pbs. watching tv is the only way to clip his nails. ever. and toes are still impossible with it. and what's with the fear of water on his head in the shower or bath? he hate, hate, HATES getting his hair washed. and he has long hair! so it needs to be washed every week or so. or at least gotten wet.

also, jealous of your spa day, megan. sounds yummy. enjoy it!

oh, and bill and i FINALLY got to talk for a while on sunday evening after the monkeys went to sleep. we shared some dessert and wine and had a nice conversation and cried and it was a start. we have more to talk about on an ongoing basis, but some things i was assuming are in fact not true, so all in all, i feel better about things.

~claudia
#147 of 313 Old 03-13-2007, 07:23 PM

claudia-G has the same issues with nail clipping and hair washing! The fingernails are getting better, but toenails are impossible. And, dh does bathtime mostly, but I hear the screams during hair washing. He's always hated water on his head, but I keep thinking it will get better. It hasn't. He also despises any shirts that aren't button-up because he doesn't like anything tight on his head. He's gotten a little better on the shirt thing, though. I'm hoping they'll outgrow it all eventually....but it is frustrating.

Claudia-I'm also glad you and Bill got to talk.

heather-sorry you're feeling so icky. I feel for ya!!!!

Renae-sorry you had no weekend. that sucks. Hope you have time to relax this week!

MCSarahB-you'll make it! Your conference sounds great and hopefully is enought of an incentive to get you through it.

Meg-Happy Birthday a little late! Sorry it was so rough with Mia but spa day will make up for it a little. Birthdays just aren't the same as when were younger, are they?

Thanks everyone for your kinds words about the house. We were supposed to have the inspection today but it was postponed, so G and I got to go to LLL and then to the park. The weather here is absolutely beautiful and I'm loving the taste of spring.

I need to go get ready to drop G off with dh so I can work tonight. Peace out, mamacitas!
#148 of 313 Old 03-13-2007, 07:23 PM

i am still in risk of cutting off a toe every single time i cut the so-long-they're-curling-under toenails. he haaaaaaaaates it. i have to sit on his legs and do other pretzel maneuvers in order to do it. i hate it too! fingers he is fine with and holds his hands out. it is SILLY. isaac hates his hair washed too. and i have to wash it because he smells like sweaty playground boy already if i don't get it every few days. luckily he's been pretty into going in the shower with me instead of taking a bath and for some reason if i pick him up and hold him 'in the waterfall' he is fine with it.

i'm glad you got to talk to bill.

i have no words of wisdom about bedtime struggles. i've heard a visual chart on the wall can be good. like take a picture of her doing each step and put them up in order and then talk through the steps as you do them. if you want to only read 3 books show her holding 3 books. she sounds more like she understands the routine and is just exerting her autonomy instead

i've started really working to institute a bedtime. our dinnertime is really all over the place (so consequently his bedtime was a bit random) but in the last couple of months doug and i decided 8pm is when we start the bedtime routine. i start giving warnings at a quarter til... 'you have 15 more minutes to play because it will be 8 oclock and time for jammies' i'm usually back downstairs by 9 for a blessed hour of quiet tv time
#149 of 313 Old 03-13-2007, 07:39 PM

I need to somehow block the access to the restart button on the computer. I had a nice message ready to post this a.m., but .... :

Anyway, I wanted to say yippee on the house, Jacquie. You deserve it.

And big s to Meg on the birthday. I am ssssooooooooooooooooo glad your dh did right by you.

And I just want to tell MCSB to hang in there! (Your fan club is rooting for you!!)

Not the RAISIN MAMA!!!!!!!!! Just say no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :

I want to write more, but I have to supervise homework. I just want to say and how much I enjoy reading my May Mamas every afternoon, especially this one!
#150 of 313 Old 03-13-2007, 07:39 PM

holy cr*p jess! are you really almost 30 weeks???!!!??? i mean, i know you are, but are you really? you could have a babe in less than 2 months!!! or as much as just over 3 months!!! wowza! sending you don't freak out too much about the giving birth vibes...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page