*~*In like a Lion! March thread for May 04 Mamas!*~* - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 313 Old 03-16-2007, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wait hey! Forgot to entreat you all to spy upon mine progeny,

newest pix in me blog.

SEE THEM! NOW!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 313 Old 03-16-2007, 01:26 PM

looking...
#183 of 313 Old 03-16-2007, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
Wait hey! Forgot to entreat you all to spy upon mine progeny,

newest pix in me blog.

SEE THEM! NOW!
oh so cute!

so my question of the day: which may babe has the longest hair? sol, mahko, marek, maybe eleanor? i think sol and mahko have a close race...
#184 of 313 Old 03-16-2007, 01:31 PM

the blondie cuteness!!! Does your camera do video clips, Elsanne? I think we need some of those next! :

Snow?? Seriously. GO. A. WAY.

Meg---well crap on the $$ stuff. That is so : about her trying to cancel on him. Ugh. Hope for his sake that he gets to see her anyway since he wants to. blah. ....and totally late....but so excited for you on the job front! Sounds perfect!

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#185 of 313 Old 03-16-2007, 01:32 PM

I think Sol's may be a tad bit longer than C's, but not by much!

#186 of 313 Old 03-16-2007, 01:36 PM

oh yes, C... she would be in the race for longest hair, too, definitely.

snow: heath wants you to go away! it's almost spring goldurnit!
#187 of 313 Old 03-16-2007, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherfeather View Post
Juice--I dare say the babe looks like he's got the same feisty grin as A!
I think you're right. People who know him IRL say the same thing. Oh, what I have to look forward to : :
We're sharing your weather. 70 degrees, followed by a huge thunderstorm and now, snow. Y.U.C.K. I like snow but I am tired of it, and I want to plant some stuff in egg cartons already.

Meg, I don't know all the deets with Sultan (dp's babe?) but it sounds like a mama is trying to skip out on her child, which would be intensely uncool. Poor kiddo.

Thumbs up on the ergo! Allison loves it, though only for a minute at a time. THen she wants to run around chasing her sister. Thumbs DOWN on the car - though it makes the ergo look pretty cheap.

Thanks TC - I just *like* to respond, and find myself without any free arms. Sigh.

All this talk of showering has made me feel stinky, so here I go!
#188 of 313 Old 03-16-2007, 01:51 PM

oh the juice n elsanne offspring cuteness is a lovely way to start the day!!

especially when combined with my friday donuts

nothing too new to report here. very glad it is friday. i am super unfocused at work and thinking more and more about baby things

snow does not sound good. i'm wearing flip flops today in hopes it will actually hit 65 snow snow go away.

i'm a dork because i want a new ergo. i have the denimy color one and the fabrics are SO MUCH CUTER NOW. so it would be a purely aesthetic upgrade. the ergo was the best for isaac after ~9 months because he was such a fatty. any one-sided sling thing just didn't feel good. for all his early chunkiness he has not gained a single pound all year....just height.
#189 of 313 Old 03-16-2007, 01:55 PM

need some of jstar's friday donuts... :

after i change s's poopy dipe that he is currently expelling...

~c
#190 of 313 Old 03-16-2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar View Post
i am super unfocused at work and thinking more and more about baby things

i'm a dork because i want a new ergo.

a) Awwwww! Cuuuute pregnant mommy!!!!

b) That's the only reason?: :

Heath my camera is actually a video camera, and I just take the stills...I haven't figured out how to download the video onto my computer. It's too fancy. I think I need a still camera that takes video instead of vice versa. Wait--I think I might know how to do it--if I video onto the card instead of the tape--ah ha--

I weighed Sol at a well-child check the other day and she is 34 pounds. 95th percentile as per usual.

Amara plummeted from 50th to 25th percentile for weight, while sprouting in the length. Keeping tabs on KK's experience jic.
#191 of 313 Old 03-16-2007, 02:20 PM

ok...it's just ONE of the many reasons i am a dork

i think isaac has been 34 pounds for-evah. probably since before he even turned 2. so i'm sure he's dropping in weight % and turning into lanky kid instead of block of cheese kid.
#192 of 313 Old 03-16-2007, 05:18 PM

I am the shoveling goddess...that is all.

I think C has been 34-35 for a while yet and getting taller by the day. E has been around 23ish and leveling off now that we've stopped the periactin (appetite stimulant) and are letting her figure out the food stuff a bit more on her own and giving extra smoothies when needed.

I want Spring!

#193 of 313 Old 03-16-2007, 05:20 PM

p.s. I have a coral ergo (older style...2ish yrs old?) that we hardly use at all. I just don't dig the boob squish factor....any takers?

#194 of 313 Old 03-16-2007, 09:41 PM

Ooh, y'all were busy while we were out enjoying sunny weather (we deserve it!).

If Nuggets' kids run wild on the PG, surely mine are okay doing the same. (I see Nuggets as the Mama of all Things Sensible.) And yeah, Z doesn't mind the wet pants. Legal counsel... T was *really* into puzzles at this age. Z is not (he's into stringing and lacing). I think it's interesting how they all have their own interested and skills, even before age 3.

Renae, I hear you on the vitamins side effects. UG. Keep us posted. I'm actually going to look very seriously for a therapy light. Woo on the pg friend and woo on the vaycay.

Ferny, a friend did a co-op homeschool preschool that really worked out fab for the kids. There are *so* many great resources on the web, too.

HF, the hippo stuff sounds fab. I think that if you get to volunteer, it would be FUN. Hang in there on the evals, and keep us posted.

Juice, when I try to respond to everyone, someone comes along and smacks the keyboard (or pushes the reset button under the desk). Loved the goofy pix.

Meg, when is that spa day--tomorrow, I hope??? The one really getting shafted is Sultan, poor kid (though I imagine that it's hard to be an adult and not say something snarky when his mom pulls crap). I love our Ergo, but we've cycled 2 kids through it, so I was able to justify it. Have you thought about looking on the TP or elsewhere for a gently loved one? HF's? (I actually shampooed the other day... I'd been no-pooing and thinking it was helping my scalp and then all of a sudden, I was mega itchy and flaky... I think I need me some serious tea tree oil... not ready for the H&S yet!!!).

Els, A is so spunky-cute. And S is sooo beautiful (and she looks like you). I thought your blog posting was very interesting... I've wanted to post comments, but somehow, I can't???? Wrt weight curves flattening out... I think with some kids, it's normal and fine (probably L, but want to make sure), and with other kids, it's not (Z for sure). I'm no dr., but I'm pretty sure that moving down from one major line to the next major line (isn't that what going from 50th to 25th is?) is acceptable. Check my sr. title.

Jess, T doesn't gain any weight anymore it seems... he gets taller and thinner.

#195 of 313 Old 03-16-2007, 10:19 PM

KK, I love your senior title. I love it sooo much...

And meg, I wanted to say before, your post about your DH giving you a spa day on his birthday brought tears to my eyes. What planet is he from anyway?
#196 of 313 Old 03-17-2007, 01:36 AM

I am truly guffawing aloud right now in ways I have not in many moons for kk's and miss juice's senior titles. This is so fun! laughlaughlaugh!

Anyone who doesn't get it, check my blog, the post right before the pix.

I can't stop chortling and snorting!!

kk, obnoxious yahoo only allows people with yahoo blogs to post comments. I am scared to go wordpress and I don't know whyyyyyy.

heath--shoveling is good aerobic exercise! Huff n puff, woman!

Mama had a good day today, involving an improv dance class, lots of walking, hearing a talk from NPR commentator John Burnett (yes, in San Miguel. Morning Edition-All Things Considered), doing good work and seeing immediate results (Tierra Adentro biz) with an inquiry into a rental, my first inquiry, and picking up my new awesome bellybusinesscards, commissioning an artistic sign for Tierra Adentro, and arranging dance space for weekly belly practice with my tribe. Wahooo! Did I mention the Bible Study I had with Viet? It was, in a word, inspiring and devotional. Okay, that's two words.
Did you see any kid business in that list? No! You did not! Rest assured it was there, Amara saw John Burnett too, and the business cards and the commissioning art thing, and Sol's hair was fully brushed and she had a good lunchbox. I did me some motherin', although Sol was otherwise occupied much of the day. She had "school photos" taken today, I look forward to seeing those.

So yay tgif. Now, on to the dreaded WEEKEND.
#197 of 313 Old 03-17-2007, 09:34 AM

Elsanne---yes!! fantastic series of events for you!

Snow blows. C's gym class and the hippos cancelled. blah. I want my 70 degrees back. now.

but can't complain too much....it's the weekend at least!

#198 of 313 Old 03-17-2007, 11:41 AM

Just checking in before I head off to the Twins Sale (no, you don't buy twins, you buy their cast-off clothing and paraphenalia).

I *almost* chose the title that Juice chose. This close.

I had inmomnia last night and finally gave in and got up to write Deep Thoughts. I'll post them later on my blog (probably this afternoon and tomorrow) after I proof for sense (what you write in the middle of the night sometimes seems a little... well, you know, in the light of day). I also got to watch Z and L interact at 3 am... Z was curled up around L, with his arm around her, and L woke up and was trying to pinch Z's nose.

Darn snow. Too bad about the hippos.
#199 of 313 Old 03-17-2007, 07:35 PM

KK, I was that close to using "also plainly a kitty".

Elsanne, enlighten me with regards to the difficulties of your weekends. You've hinted that weekends are harder, but haven't 'splained it that I remember.

My mini rant for this moment is that Dh is "sick", which is worse than having him not here at all. I am trying my hardest not to yell, "If you're going to stick your nose in a book and ignore us all, take it upstairs where I can at least pretend you are at work instead of thinking you're going to actually participate."

OK, I'm off to ... um .... everything. :
#200 of 313 Old 03-17-2007, 08:21 PM

MJ HOO BOY can I relate to "sick" partners. If they EVEN KNEW what kind of sick we mamas must be to "go read upstairs"...think it's a male thing.

*snort* it is ALSO apparent that your lifestyle of leisure does not allow for you to read my blog with 100% retention. If it had, you would of course recall that in entry #10 or so, I complain about a lack of wife on the weekend. It's worse, it's lack of wife and Viet instead. Wish I could describe it adequately, but I think it's something similar to what you are experiencing this weekend. Except imagine your dh with a permanent "oppositional defiant" type of attitude. OH so much more but Viet is currently ignoring the longass cry of Amara so must go rescue her GRRRRR
#201 of 313 Old 03-17-2007, 10:30 PM

'twas post #34, my dear.
The first entry I ever read on your blog was "Sol's Lunchbox". But now I've read it all, and FINALLY I know what pulque is!
#202 of 313 Old 03-17-2007, 11:27 PM

For me, it is do expansion of irresponsible to drink pulque ever again. Betcha I will, though.

Post #34. You Funny!
#203 of 313 Old 03-18-2007, 04:55 PM

Just wanted to check in. Been a ROUGH week.
Love to you all, mamas.
Elsanne, the bebes are SO adorable! I think between C and Sol, the hair is just flowing!

Rowan is *sniff* out of the race...but I don't plan on cutting it again for a WHILE.

Okay, later mama-jamas. As soon as I feel I can BREATHE, I will post in length.
#204 of 313 Old 03-19-2007, 08:57 AM

Um, for real?? Where is everyone??
Hi! I've missed you all! Sorry I haven't been around much, the past week or so has been...well, kinda crazy to say the least. My best friend took a bit toooooo much Klonopin Thursday night, so instead of going to work, I spent the night in the ER with her. She's fine now, and I am now rather : at her gross irresponsibility, and her refusal to get more help than she is getting. Ugh.

But enough of that. I also had major church stuff yesterday, an impromptu speech, then I had to help our membership chair run the first new UU class. it was good though.
I meant to attend an anti-war rally later in the afternoon but we never got there. Rowan has been in RARE form.

Are we still talking about that a bit? Rowan has gone all insane on us. He whines CONSTANTLY, regardless of how much attention we give him, he speaks in tongues (this is new; DH is worried that he's touched in the head now. A joke, but it has a bit of a grain of truth in it! ) and he gets all wild and crazy at random times, like running in circles screeching. This sounds like normal ("normal"?!?!?!) toddler behavior but there's more than this and it's driving us INSANE. The tantrums if we say no to MORE TV watching The tantrums when it's bathtime, diaper time (still a total REFUSAL to use the potty) time to leave the house, time to get dressed...no amount of GD seems to work, so I end up screeching and DH ends up manhandling our screeching toddler into the car seat, or into his diaper, or into his clothes....*sigh*

Anyway, we have been dealing with this a LOT lately, which is possibly why we haven't been online much.

I am in the middle of working on some LLL stuff (we have a meeting Wednesday and our annual regional conference is this weekend! Yay! I have to pack, eep!) and I have some phone calls to make (gotta change some appointments, I forgot I had to work Thursday) but I wanted to pop on here to let you know I am still around and I still love you all! And I miss you muchly.
I am going to try to catch up, but know you are all on my mind with much !

MMF!
#205 of 313 Old 03-19-2007, 10:56 AM

I'm here! :

Had a good! weekend. Yesterday Sol n I grooved in communication ways, it was a great thing. Unlike her cuz Rowan, but man have we been there too. I sure hope he gets with the program.

One thing that I did differently this weekend was not try terribly to do much else besides be a mama. When I do, the fractioning of the brain makes me not attend fully to anything, and then it all suffers: the relationships, and whatever it was I was trying to do.

Something Viet said really made sense to me. We were talking about Sol and how he is "training" her to be his little buddy, basically teaching her how he likes to play so that they will be able to play together, instead of the reverse which he feels most parents do (train them to do what they DON'T want them to do). So with that in mind, I put on some jammin' music for dancin' (anyone up for another music exchange?) and thought, I really want to be able to dance with Sol. Usually, the first thing she does is grab my hands and want to be swung. BOOORING, because that's all we do, go round n round in circles; boring. Instead of getting my panties in a bunch about it, I decided to go with it but take it to a different place instead of the usual place, and for me that ended up being falling on the ground with her laughing instead of her falling and getting back up and insisting to be swung yet again. Then I would kneel, or stay on the floor, and keep groovin to the beat in a different way that did not entail hand-grab-swinging.

Anyway, it was an interesting exercise which I kept up in different capacities all the live-long day. Again n again, I take my hat off to the fulltime mamas.
#206 of 313 Old 03-19-2007, 12:07 PM

Just popping in to say hi! Renae, whenever you (and actually Jess) talk about your May baby's :, it *really* reminds me of T at this age. He is such an amazing kid now (well, he was then, too, but you know what I mean!). Just hang in there. I think in some cases, the : indicates a pretty cool soul in there trying to work out its kinks. I don't go in big for parenting books, but Dr. Sears' book about "the spirited child" gave me a few hints (although I have to warn you that it's mostly about babies, IIRC). Even more, I think it just helped me feel compassion for his sensitivity and craziness.

Els, I think you put into words (well, maybe Viet did it) something that I've probably thought unconsciously for a long time. Basically, if I want to hike, and bake, and whatnot, I have to train up my kids.
#207 of 313 Old 03-19-2007, 12:19 PM

i'm here. not ready for monday morning. it was a pretty productive weekend though. we finished up our swim class and got to go on the BIG SLIDE. of course i knew isaac would only go once....he hates swings/carousels/really fast waterslides : not a motion boy

i did some cleaning....the nesting urge i have been waiting for. it wasn't really an urge but i somehow managed to get a bit done. and weeding! yay for weeding. i'm so excited things are sprouting leaves. it was beautiful this weekend although i think it is going to cool off again nooooooooooooo.

doug keeps thinking i am further along than i am because the belly is so big. it is now at the stage where it hangs out from the bottom of some of the maternity shirts that aren't quite big enough i soooooooo am hoping for another may babe at first i was hoping to make it to june for variety's sake. silly me i have this paranoia that babe is facing the wrong way. is that posterior? i feel the hiccups on my colon instead of on the front underbelly like i did with isaac and i don't feel the butt sticking out. i'm trying not to be paranoid but it isn't working. still plenty of time to move around....

not much else going on. i have some sewing projects to finish up. a shower gift for a friend and a baby quilt. must.finish.today. i was too pooped out from yard work to sew last night.

ob appt tomorrow. i'm always fascinated about the weigh-in
#208 of 313 Old 03-19-2007, 12:55 PM

I'm here too! I was gone for awhile at a conference, but I'm back.

Long hair goes to Sol- the lentil's hair is long, but we did do a ceremonial cut when he was 1 so his is shorter by a few inches.

I just can't tell if I'm feeling the baby kick or not. It's so wierd. I think I feel it sometimes, but then I think it's gas. And it's not all the time, and it's not in the same place all the time. I think I'm going to have a dolphin. A very active dolphin. If it's a girl, I could name her delphine.

I think I didn't post this- but sweets and I are firm supporters in the "find out the sex" camp. And I found out last week that my health care provider can't tell us, not because they don't want to, but because they can't afford to pay someone to come and do the level two ultrasound on the machine they have on site. It's like, next door to the prenatal rooms. So they tell me some bull about how they reviewed the literature and it's not diagnostic blah blah blah and if I have an emergency they will do a level whatever ultrasound but without a skilled technician they can't tell me the sex blah blah blah. And since I'm smart, I know that this isn't about science, it's about money. grrrrr. So we're not finding out the sex. Although sweets and I are considering paying out of pocket for a level 2 ultrasound, just for our own peace of mind to be sure we aren't dealing with any unusual anatomic issues. But they did do the quad screen last week, and hopefully that will come out perfect.

Okay- time for my mid-morning snack. and walk the dog. and recover from my conference. soooo sleeepy!
#209 of 313 Old 03-19-2007, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Faery View Post
...Rowan has been in RARE form.

Are we still talking about that a bit? Rowan has gone all insane on us. He whines CONSTANTLY, regardless of how much attention we give him, he speaks in tongues (this is new; DH is worried that he's touched in the head now. A joke, but it has a bit of a grain of truth in it! ) and he gets all wild and crazy at random times, like running in circles screeching. This sounds like normal ("normal"?!?!?!) toddler behavior but there's more than this and it's driving us INSANE. The tantrums if we say no to MORE TV watching The tantrums when it's bathtime, diaper time (still a total REFUSAL to use the potty) time to leave the house, time to get dressed...no amount of GD seems to work, so I end up screeching and DH ends up manhandling our screeching toddler into the car seat, or into his diaper, or into his clothes....*sigh*

Anyway, we have been dealing with this a LOT lately, which is possibly why we haven't been online much.
i could have written this same paragraph about Marek lately... :

perhaps i will write more later, but right now, Marek is taking the leisurely route to eating his breakfast (complete with whining about the cereal, the banana, the elf cup, the water cup, the frog bowl, the spoon, and some other indecipherable things) and Stefan wants to be held.

~claudia
#210 of 313 Old 03-19-2007, 01:16 PM

I came back to say that Els, I *have* checked out the bellydancing stuff online, and WHOA, it looks really cool but I am a little intimidated (I'm very uncoordinated and unflashy and it looks so cool...). Anyway, I am working up the nerve to visit a beginning class. I'll report back when I do. (It actually makes me think a little bit about yoga... I love yoga, but I am doomed to always be a beginner there, because no matter how much yoga I do, my body is just not that limber... doesn't keep me from doing it, though, so I suppose my awkwardness shouldn't stop me from bd'ing, either.)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page