~*JUNE 05 MAMAS*~ March Thread!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 253 Old 03-07-2007, 03:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i'm barely here. so tired, and just took care of some issues on another board i'm on. gotta get in bed..my tummy feels sick.
#62 of 253 Old 03-07-2007, 07:40 AM

http://ipusheddadoverboard.blogspot.com/

try it again. DH said that he fixed it.

I love pregnancy insomnia!!!!! AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#63 of 253 Old 03-07-2007, 10:29 AM

No wait, don't try it. I can pull it up on my computer, but I can't from the laptop.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#64 of 253 Old 03-07-2007, 11:53 AM

still here. i'm still sick. J and Spud are better though. i spent all day yesterday cleaning our house since we had a showing last night and i think i did too much. i'm really sore and have quite a bit of bleeding. when do/should you get concerned about that?

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#65 of 253 Old 03-07-2007, 12:21 PM

Anne, take it very easy today, rest as much as possible, and keep your legs up when you can. See if the bleeding slows.

If it's staying really heavy, despite resting and/or you start getting dizzy, I'd call your mw/ob. Oh, also try drinking some OJ. I couldn't stomach it post partum, but my Bradley teacher told me it's really good for blood production/sugar (so you don't get the dizzies if you're bleeding real heavy)

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#66 of 253 Old 03-07-2007, 12:35 PM

Grape juice is good, too.

Anne. Take it easy! You JUST had a baby, woman!!
#67 of 253 Old 03-07-2007, 02:03 PM
mcs

anne- i second that motion! take it easy! is spud at daycare? when is your mom coming? i hope you start feeling better soon.

bama- everything ok?

grace- saw your post on the "big babies" thread and it made me wonder about what your next baby will be like- how far along now? btw, I think your titus was/is beautiful!

SA- too bad- i did mean this weekend.

mcs

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#68 of 253 Old 03-07-2007, 03:31 PM

I'm on DH's case to get the pictures working. I'm sure he's working hard on it during all the free time he gets while at home with the girls.

Anne: that's a marker you've done too much! Take it easy over the next few days. You've aggrevated the site where the placenta attatched so it needs to heal up a bit again.

#69 of 253 Old 03-07-2007, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

i'm here.

things are insane..i'm doing a huge pf co op on another board, and we had a weirdo scammer who is well known try to infiltrate us!

anyhoo

I need help from NJ and NY moms...my dh is coming to NewJersey in the end of April for training for his new job.

He is going to be in Icelen NJ but according to the map, he's across from Staten Island??

This man has never flown, never been exposed to the big city, SOMEBODY help my husband!!

Where does he need to fly into?? How does he manage to get where he's going without getting mugged or cheated??:
#70 of 253 Old 03-07-2007, 07:29 PM
mcs

bama- i'll look it up, but i would think he should fly into Newark airport (in new jersey.) If he takes a yellow cab from the airport, they can't screw him b/c they will have a set-fare. it is pretty organised. just tell him not to take a private car service. his company or hotel might have a shuttle service too. some parts of NJ are not so good, but others (SA?) are great. i don't know about that town. He is definatly welcome to come/meet for dinner or even to stay with us. It would be fun to meet him! I wouldn't worry too much- i bet they will set up stuff for him to do and NY isn't really like it used to be- the tourist areas are pretty safe and the subway too.

so, yesterday in the am our apt was only 61 degrees. we ran into the l-lady downstairs and h told her. she said "oh, i turned off the furnace b/c i was hot and i thought it should have a break. if you want to warm up, open the shades."
So, he said that it was realllly cold outside and that it was becoming verrry cold upstairs. she apparently didn't care, and to "punish" us, has cranked the heat up today- it is 86!
she was gone for a month and we didn't have anyyyyyy trouble with the heat, but the day she returned, we started with these crazy fluxes again. it is so infurating! "the furnace needs a break?" she is really a nut job. it is like -5 with wind chill!

b/c it is so cold, we have stayed home all day and e is just now falling asleep as i type. the day has been so long. we watched tv twice, read about a million books, played kitchen band, made walnut shortbread cookies, colored,stickers, baby play galore, all of the motion songs i know, i got out some toys i was saving back for when she got older.........
i don't think i should let her sleep now, but i need a break! i think i will go crazy when she really gives up her nap. i guess it doesn't help that she wasn't in the mood for indendant play.

she is also having a language explosion- all day she has been singing "cee-uu,cee-u" which is "clean up.." and remembered the words flamingo and halina (the l-lady- lucky she doesn't call her what we do the other half off the time) plus a lot of word repeting. this is anamazing age.

emmy???
gtg put her into bed.
mcs

#71 of 253 Old 03-07-2007, 07:47 PM

mcs, you should think about calling the city housing authority on her. I absolutely would. To me, "furnace needs a break" means "I'm cheap". You pay rent for a reason, you deserve to be warm!

trying to spend less time on the computer these days. Instead of having it in the living room on the couch with me, I moved the laptop to my little "office" in cully's room. It forces me to sit down at my desk to do work instead of just lounging around with the computer all day. Had 4 projects for work due yesterday evening too that have been keeping busy.

We're having that language explosion too, mcs. today cully knocked sam's karate bag off the table, I said "uh oh, what happened?" and he looked at me and says "DROPPED!" too cute. He's adding a bunch of words the last couple days.
#72 of 253 Old 03-07-2007, 09:18 PM

mcs: that is so crazy. I had a friend who lived with a bunch of roommates during college. The land lady was tight. She had a the thermostat such that they couldn't adjust it up or down. Only she could remove the lock. However, they were engineer students so when they got cold they would stick an ice pack on the thermostat and presto - the furnace would kick in.

Sorry I can't get the pictures to work. DH and I are going on a date tonight and then maybe when we get back he can work on it.

#73 of 253 Old 03-07-2007, 10:11 PM

MClisa our furnace guy stuck ours in the fridge! LOL I thought he was losing his marbles!

MCS that is insane! We had a landlord who refused to by more fuel because "we" were using to much oil. He had like ten units to heat and all the windows were TERRIABLE! One of our panes of glass fell right out for petes sake! I have a friend however who is SOOO cheap about oil that she sets her thermostat at 60degrees ALL winter! I tease her all the time and its FREEZING in there!

Anne I don't want to sound like a Bossy nilly but SIT DOWN!!! People know that its hard to have a toddler and a BRAND new babe! This is the one time in your life that even NATURE is telling you to sit down! Take advantage! When we bought our house it was the absolute nastiest place I have ever seen! There were tumble weeds of dog hair blowing across the floor! We still bought it! I wish I lived closer! I would come and clean for you!

Well I just wanted to check in! I hope everyone is doing good! Justin is of course up my butt! With the comp upstairs now I find it difficult to use it. (kind of what your going for huh Emmy?)
#74 of 253 Old 03-08-2007, 10:16 AM

Bama, I'll go pick him up at the airport if you want. It's about 45 minutes away from me, and Iselin is just a couple towns over.

And, he won't be in the "big city" Iselin's town-y, but nowhere near big cityish. And yes, Iselin is right across the water from Staten Island.

NJ is a peninsula, so just about everything is "just across the water" on one side or another.

Seriously, it would not be a big deal for me to go get him, AT ALL. Or he can take a taxi, but they're expensive and would probably take longer. I don't know if there is a set fare from the airport, either. I know NYC taxis have set fares to airports in the area, but NJ taxis don't operate the same way, I dont' think. But I'm not sure, because I don't know if I've ever taken a taxi in NJ

And, if I go pick him up, I can show him where the good restaurants are.

ETA: Yes, he should fly into Newark. Sometimes you get a better deal flying into/out of Laguardia, but that's because it's way out of the way. You more than make up for the reduced fare in the costs of ground transportation.

#75 of 253 Old 03-08-2007, 11:04 AM

Just checking in for the morning.

DH and I had a great time out at dinner last night. A couple hours of conversations uninterrupted! Then at the end we saw my sister and her DH. So I called by older sister when I got home and told her that her DH missed the memo about taking the wives out for supper last night. She laughed. They live out on a farm so not too many opportunities to just take off and then there's the issue of not anywhere to go.

Tonight we have the New baby in our family class.

#76 of 253 Old 03-08-2007, 04:01 PM

a question for those of you with dc who are potty learned -- did your dc go through a phase of waking up in the night and demanding the potty? The past few nights (and a few nights a couple weeks ago) dd has woken up and said "pee!" over and over again until I take her to the potty. Sometimes she pees in the potty and sometimes she doesn't. What should be my response to this? I admit that I'm really tired (and tired of nightwaking!) so I really WANT to just roll over and go back to sleep and change her (disposable) diaper in the morning, but it doens't feel right to do that. Especially since she gets really insistent and desperate sounding.

Ok.. well I guess I just answered my own question.

#77 of 253 Old 03-08-2007, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

SA..thanks!! I'll tell him what you said!! We need all the help he can get!

and he's staying in one specific hotel in Icelen...the USDA rents a block of rooms, rents the conference room, and holds "school" for employees who got promoted so they can do their new jobs.

Selena, if you started ECing her, then I guesss you have to keep getting up if she's trying to tell you.
#78 of 253 Old 03-08-2007, 04:23 PM

pssst....Bama...it's ISelin :teehee:

#79 of 253 Old 03-08-2007, 04:24 PM

Selena: I think you are on the right track with getting up and letting her use the potty. She's probably just trying to figure out what the pressure/urges are. I don't think it will last long. Good luck with it! I think we are going to try to get Claire going once she's 2.

#80 of 253 Old 03-08-2007, 04:46 PM

Back...sorry I had more to say before, but got cut off with actual work. :P

Bama, please don't worry about dh traveling to NJ. Seriously, it is not the cesspool it is made out to be. It's a beautiful state and it's a friendly state. There are only three cities in NJ that I can honestly say I wouldn't want to walk through at night. And he won't be anywhere near any of them. (and even those cities have some lovely areas....you just don't hear about the lovely areas on the news. )

Anyway, really, anything he needs while he's here, like I said, I'm only a couple towns over. We'd love to have him by for a home cooked meal while he's away. If there's anything he'd like to see while he's here, if he's got some downtime, the statue of liberty, ellis island, liberty science center, the budweiser plant , DH and I are excellent tourguides.

I'd be thrilled to help him out.

#81 of 253 Old 03-08-2007, 07:20 PM

what! budweiser plant??? Is that in NJ or NY? How did I ever miss that when I was in NYC??? Oh, wait, I was pg so I couldn't have fully enjoyed it anyways...maybe next time.

#82 of 253 Old 03-08-2007, 09:25 PM

OMgoodness! My cousin is the chief of the fire dept in New Jersey. He doesn't share to many funky stories so it can't be THAT bad! (I wonder how many fire departments there are?! LOL)

Selena Alicia did wake at night and still does now and again to go potty! I always just get up or when we lived in the skinny house on dirty street we put a potty in her room! She just got up and used it. She still called for me but it was less disruptive! Now she is big enough to go all alone in the upstairs bathroom! Though I'm sure I'm woken a fair share of the times! (Not to make it all seem daunting! or anything! It gets fewer and fewer between! )

So along the potty learning lines. Nolan recently asked to be changed right after he peed! When I ask him if he needs to pee or poop he runs to the potty now however hes never actually USED it! He also has a fascination with watching the dog Pee! Not to mention DH! I hope this is leading toward potty learning! My goal is to be in full swing this summer! He'll of course be two and I think thats a good age to start!

Well as usual DH is right here! GTG!
#83 of 253 Old 03-08-2007, 11:19 PM

Well, Bonnie, most cities have their own fire department What town is he in? I know someone on the Kearny squad and someone else on the Bayonne squad. Most of the smaller towns, like mine, have volunteer departments.

And the Budweiser plant's in NJ There are a lot of cool things in Jersey

#84 of 253 Old 03-08-2007, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
There are a lot of cool things in Jersey
Like the Sopranos
#85 of 253 Old 03-09-2007, 12:01 AM

:

If your dh is a sopranos fan, I can take him on a tour of the opening credits montage : I know where most of the things are

#86 of 253 Old 03-09-2007, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattoo View Post
Like the Sopranos
Ummm, that was the first thing that came to my mind, too!

#87 of 253 Old 03-09-2007, 10:16 AM

Boy, my state's got some reputation. :

I can give you a whole list of awesome things in and about NJ. But I'm afraid I'd bore the pants off you Besides, it's sort of OT :

#88 of 253 Old 03-09-2007, 10:33 AM

Really, talking about NJ is OT??? Oh my. We've NEVER gone OT before...

The New Baby in our Family Class went well. My girls made up 3/4 of the class. Claire did her own thing, but loved getting to play with the markers. The other little girl talked a little, but my girls are so full of questions they certainly talked for most of it. I did like this lady's presentation better. Out of the blue, Ellysia asked "How does the baby come out?" The nurse talked about the mom using her muscles to push the baby out of her birth canal. When we took Maddie to a class at a different hospital the lady asked someone where the baby was at. I expected "mom's tummy" or "mom's womb" or maybe "mom's uterus". No, she talked all about the baby being in mom's vagina. What???

The girls had fun. They got to diaper a baby doll. Feed the doll a bottle (though talked about how the baby would be breastfed). Colored a picture of what they thought the baby would look like. Also they made a birthday card for the baby with a photo of them on the front. You hang this on the door to the room so they know which room their mom is in.

The one thing I didn't like was when the nurse was giving a tour of the rooms, she pointed out that the couch turns into a bed and said that maybe once the baby came the big sisters could stay overnight. No!!!!! They'll remember that. I could see the other parents were thinking the same thing. I told M and E that grandma was coming to stay with them. And that Claire couldn't stay overnight because she isn't a good sleeper. Hope that helps me out when the time comes.

What do you think of the name Josiah?

Josiah Thomas

#89 of 253 Old 03-09-2007, 11:33 AM

I really like Josiah.
#90 of 253 Old 03-09-2007, 11:37 AM
mcs

michelle- i love it!
i would tell that woman about the trouble she caused! how dumb. either someone else had the same vagina story, or i rember you telling us- that is dumb too!

SA- i first read "the opening credits montage" as something about "opening a mortage"! as in the bank lol!
i hate the sopranos! it is too real for me- i don't want those pictures scared in my mind forever.

we leave for florida in just 2 days!!!!!!!! we will stay for 10 days. i went to the mall yesterday to get a bathing suit ect.. for e. The mall really depreses me- all of that consumerisim and silent kids in strollers. i almost cried in the food court watching this mean old grandma mock her gdaughter. it was so sad, even e was getting upset.
anyway, we ended up with a too small bathing suit and too big unmatching hat from old navy, and some too big/ not even good quality sandles (on sale and real cute though) at the gap. it was pretty much a big disaster. hilger will try to exchange the suit today in the city. i can't handle shopping outside of my thrift stores! all of that money!!!!!!!!!!!
i will go to my consignment shop again today to look for better sandles- the often have brand new things- without the sadness. i mean who isn't in a good mood when you are getting a deal?
that is why i love mdc- its free! hahahahaha- i can keep writing as long as iiiiiiiiiwaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnntttttttttforrrrrrrfree eeeeeeeeeee.......
mcs

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page