~*~May 2004 Moms~*~ One More Month to Three! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-27-2007, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
crappity crap crap
posting first and then will read what i missed

bill's car got rear ended just after we met him for lunch.
and he was all, "we'll talk about it later" when i dropped off clean clothes for him because he got coffee splashed all over the ones he was wearing

crying babe waking up from nap too early... grr...

~c
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2007, 07:30 PM

also wanted to mention that sears is now carrying lands end clothes & swimsuits including the mix and match top bottom ones. nak with distractable babe who doesn't like the ak part.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:21 PM

Zx
Old 04-27-2007, 11:23 PM

omg there went my nice long thoughtful post. thank you mr. at-keyboard :
Old 04-28-2007, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboClaudia View Post
distractable babe who doesn't like the ak part.
:

Oh, TC. What a bummer about being rear ended. The nice part is it's not your fault and should be resolved fairly quickly--and on a weekend--kind of good timing--for a crappy thing.

Oh, is Mother's Day this weekend?

Sol's invites got finished late last night, at the cost of my good mood this morning! They are just beautiful though, and the coffee is clearing away my grouch fairly effectively. I am just excited about this little party and mostly fun making the invites. I have scrapbook-paper galore and used it and my extensive stamp collection to make some purty nifty invites.

Emmalola I'm glad you got to go on a date! Sorry the lentil was still up when you got home. It is so hard to find a good babysitter you are comfortable with, it may be worth the price of a grouchy child when you get home. Since it was among the first times, I'm not surprised he couldn't sleep whether or not she sang to him. He wanted to make sure you really WERE coming back.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:02 PM

Jugo, that's you juice, sorry about the eaten post. That happened to me on this very thread yesterday morning and caused great consternation.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:47 PM

TC that sucks. i *hate* that. such a pain in the neck that no one needs

heather - you are fast mama! thank you for the lovely little package yesterday i shall have to muster the confidence to cut into some PUL now!

emmalola - i would probably try the babysitter one more time. and i would tell the lentil that when the babysitter says bedtime it means bedtime. and tell the babysitter...he needs to go to bed! it can take time for both parties to get 'into to the groove' and work out the kinks. and if other than that it went pretty well....it might be worth seeing if it can get better. i am totally in the 'couldn't live without babysitters' camp though with no family here.

we've had a few nights lately where we are out doing stuff and don't get going on the bedtime routine until almost 10pm and isaac is a complete WRECK. i hate it. he is irrational and crazy and difficult. and i'm trying to avoid those nights but sometimes they're 'necessary' (sort of). or just happen

elsanne - your invites sound cute!

i'm moving slowly today. time to make some 'cancakes' and get outside
Old 04-28-2007, 04:18 PM

TC--ack on the accident! Hope Bill doesn't have any residual neck aches or such. What a pitb! I had to giggle at the nak'ing babe who doesn't like the 'aking....I never really got the hang of it.

EL---glad you had a night out, but hoping maybe next time the sitter will be a little more firm with the routines. And sing a lullaby darnitall---not that hard!

Elsanne---awww! I can't believe 3-ness is just around the corner for Sol/Lily....which reminds me of the trifecta LiSoLily bdays coming up!

Juice---ack on the postage lost! Happens to me on my blog now and again...

Jstar---glad the package made it there lickety split! Me, I prefer my mancakes to cancakes, but .....

Renae---loooove the new pics...if I was an inkin' kinda girl, I would so copy those little ones behind the ears---lvoe those!

Forgot that DH is going to a concert in NYC with his brother tonight and has left already. : Debating what to do this evening to pass the time...it was supposed to be so nice today and it's rather cold so maybe we'll just wander round the mall or go to Ikea or something...

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
Old 04-28-2007, 08:46 PM

I am not sure what we'll do for Mother's day. It's actually a little odd for us because there is no dad to take the kids away for a little alone time and which mom stays in bed while the other onw gets breakfast together? We've talked about alternating years and the like, but in reality we just try to take it easy together and treat ourselves all day.

The birthday celebrations have begun for me and I have been given a new grill! I am pretty excited. Alison has said that she will never touch it and it kinda cracks me up that I am the "husband" on this issue. Note to those who are going to go lesbian when you are old - someone still has to take out the trash and do the grillin' so decide now which tasks you like and find a gal who likes the opposite. This is the secret to my success.

Gotta go...
Old 04-28-2007, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&L+1 View Post
Note to those who are going to go lesbian when you are old - someone still has to take out the trash and do the grillin' so decide now which tasks you like and find a gal who likes the opposite. This is the secret to my success.

Gotta go...
: :

: at the "which mom's day" predicament...
Old 04-28-2007, 11:21 PM

And also when you said you "got a new grill" I immediately pictured a hip-hop set of teeth, all blinged out...
Old 04-29-2007, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&L+1 View Post
I am not sure what we'll do for Mother's day. It's actually a little odd for us because there is no dad to take the kids away for a little alone time and which mom stays in bed while the other onw gets breakfast together? We've talked about alternating years and the like, but in reality we just try to take it easy together and treat ourselves all day.
Aw, I'm actually kind of jealous. I think it would be wonderful to revel in Mother's day because it's such a blessing to be a mother, and not because we require someone else's acknowledgement of our accomplishments/commitments. Mother's Day is always such a let down for me, because I feel like I just want someone to notice everything (or anything) I do. Well, now I'm going to make it a point to make this Mother's Day about how happy I am to have this wonderful family. I don't mean to wax poetic, but this is a real paradigm shift for me, and I am really grateful!
Old 04-29-2007, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
And also when you said you "got a new grill" I immediately pictured a hip-hop set of teeth, all blinged out...

Old 04-30-2007, 03:14 AM

nuggetsmom- i am sorry you're feeling lonely. It's sad that motherhood is like that so often in our culture.

you mamas are not gonna believe this: W will turn 3 mos on the 3rd, and he's already scooting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I unfortunately discovered this at work yesterday when i gave him tummy time on the couch, and went to the kitchen for about 2 minutes, and came out just as W was landing on the floor : he was scared (me too) but ok. today when i put him down (on the floor!) he scooted about 6 inches in a few minutes. L couldn't move more than a foot until he was 10 months old, and i'll admit it made life easier in some ways. this kid's gonna give me a run for my money. oh, and did i mention, every few nights he'll go 7 or 8 hrs of sleep in a row?????? it would be hard for my 2 kids to be more different.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:41 AM

Ooooh excitement! Big party for Sol tomorrow! This is her first party and I'm having fun preparing for it. May 1 is a holiday in Mexico (Labor Day) so her birthday will always be a holiday down here.

Woot woot! THREE YEARs! How did that happen??

Fern, I can't believe your little one is scoooting and sleeping so long! Woooow!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 11:23 AM

Here we are!!

Are you totally freaking out?? THREE! I am!!

User Tag List