~*~May 2004 Moms~*~ One More Month to Three! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 316 Old 04-11-2007, 03:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just finished the taxes- whew! and stressed because it's 11:30 pm and tonight we were going to pack for our whirlwind (30 hr- leaving Th coming back Fr) trip to the coast, but now it's obviously too late. We stayed up till 1 am last night starting the taxes. ZZzzzzzzzzzzz........

Claudia- I know that you are on top of this and it's hard because it's not clear whether S needs more intervention/tests/docs or whether he's just growin and doin things his own wierd way. Hopefully things will improve over the next few months as he gradually starts to eat more solids. As long as he is meeting milestones and gaining length/ head circ, and happy, and healthy, it seems to me that your plan of wait and see (though it means worry in the mean time) is the best one in the situation. Though I am sorry about the worry and the heartache, and I wish I could fix things for you. I just had a thought- would it be worth it to see a NP just to help things head in a healthy direction? I don't know- just tossing it out there. I also am aware that once you get medical people on board (even naturopaths), it's hard to follow your own intuition.

Sarahb- woo hoo for startin to catch babies!

Jstar- argh! I owe you an exercise ball and a halloween outfit and a pyrex dish! must. find. time.

Lisa- sending lots of love to you and your family. I'm glad you're able to see your dad- he will love seeing you and the kids, I'm sure.

I REALLY need to get pics off my camera and onto the computer. I am aware I haven't posted pics forever. Part of it probably has to do with unresolved feelings about L's tube. Sigh. We took it off for a formal family portrait a few weeks ago.

Is it true that you can't put babes in a trailer till they're one? Could you put them in a carseat in the trailer? Is there a reason that's dangerous? I have barely used our (very old hand-me-down) trailer with L. We have a trail-a-bike stored with a friend but I definitely don't think he's ready for it, as he doesn't know how to petal. And to think that when I was a student teacher, I didn't own a car, and I biked/ light-railed it to Beaverton and back every day! I'm such a slacker now.

Megan- I bow down to you, mothering a teen and a baby!

All right, I want to keep postin to people, but I MUST go to bed. Nighty night, sweet and wonderful May Mamas.
#122 of 316 Old 04-11-2007, 09:15 AM

Megan---eek on the : teen issues. That sounds really, really hard to navigate. yay for your mom coming and giving you some quiet!

Gotta run and get dressed to take C to school and then run a couple errands if E manages to stay awake. She is such the car napper. C has her first dentist visit this afternoon!

I'm still feeling so sluggish and tired and nauseous and am wondering if it isn't due to the small cyst they found on the early u/s. Any thoughts KK? It's just starting to hurt now and again.

Ah....so wish I was in RI right now sharing some coffee with Renae....

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#123 of 316 Old 04-11-2007, 11:08 AM

I am sharing coffee cybernetically with you all.

I have a bike trailer that my instinct told me don't put Amara in, then I read that (1 yr) on the internet. I first put her in it and she's just so upright, and her little brain fluid so new, it just felt kind of wrong. So--not yet. But Sol & I have a great time bumping around on these cobblestone streets.

Busy days these days--but relatively fun ones. Today we have "mommy & me" singing class, then a mamaCitas meeting here at my house, then a free puppet show in the central plaza tonight with lots of toddler running about afterward. It is the Puppet Festival! I had no idea how great puppets can be until I started attending this festival. Where does work fit in? Work is happening, um, now. Right.
#124 of 316 Old 04-11-2007, 12:59 PM

I'm here. I'm undercaffeinated (compared to my fighting the migraine phase). L has been taking marathon a.m. naps, so I write email and read to Z.

Heather, sorry you're feeling yucky. From what I know... it's not unusual for a pg woman to have a cyst (a residual corpus luteum cyst maybe?). If you're having pain and/or discomfort, maybe you can ask to have it checked again? Again, from what I know... most cysts "resolve themselves" (reabsorb? rupture?) within 4-6 weeks of being detected. Do you know how big it was? (Which side? Right is more common, for some reason.) If they do indeed check it again, expect to wait that 4-6 wks from when it was first detected. Maybe MCSB knows more????

Re bike trailers... I've heard 1, I've heard 2. In my mind, it has to be *at least* 1. We have a LOT of off-street concrete bike paths here (read: very smooth, very safe), and I will start with that. Yeah, I've heard of people putting a baby in a car seat in a trailer, but I dunno how safe that is? (or whether it leaves any room for a 3 yr old). I definitely won't put L in the trailer without a helmet.

Megan, I am so not ready to parent a teenager. I feel for you. :
#125 of 316 Old 04-11-2007, 01:33 PM

Elsanne--puppets sound like a blast as does having fun days with lots of stuff for mamas and kiddos to enjoy.

kk--thanks for the info...it is right side and was smallish so perhaps it will go away in time. we have the next u/s in early june so I'm guessing they can check again then.

Here's my : moment of the day.... I was running sooooo slowly this morning getting everything together to get out the door and just as we step outside, C protests..."Mommy, I don't have any shoes on!" Oh good grief! So we ducked back in side to put her sure steps and shoes on. Glad she said something or I might not have noticed!

All is quiet for naptime so I need to get going on my knitting....

#126 of 316 Old 04-11-2007, 01:43 PM

we haven't gotten our heads around the bike thing yet. at the end of last summer we bought one of the seats that attaches to the back of the bike...and never attached it to anything. i definitely won't be confident to use it with a 35 lber on the back so it will have to go on doug's bike. and my ancient schwin has a flat tire. and my friend borrowed my mountain bike and never brought it back. i know whose house it is at ...i just don't know where he lives! obviously i havn'et had much of a need for it i think the burleys look heavy but they are probably a load of fun

i'm going to try and use 'brain fluid so new' sometime today

oy on the teenage woes. especially if he has developmental delays so he has all the raging hormones but not the capacity to handle them probably i don't think i knew that. i'm scared of the teenage years. i know what *i* did as a teenager. yipes.

beth - have fun on your trip!! if you're by my house sometime you can stick that stuff on the front porch or in the back yard. that may be easier than trying to coordinate something with our schedules. but no rush.....

i also have been too lazy to get pictures off the camera. but we got a new laptop last night this may be my motivation. time to ditch our old computer. gracias, tax man.

i'm sharing a teeny tiny coffee from crema this morning (and a lemon creme muffin fyi). cyberclatsch :

we really need to do a dentist visit. haven't done that yet with isaac. it is always on my list. the part of the list where the funds are always out in the future somewhere. i also need to go get new glasses before i lose my vision coverage. time is running out.....

there was a worm bin article in martha stewart in january. i'm impressed so many of you have them!

hf - i hope the cyst resolves itself. and the early part of pregnancy is just....a drag. here's to speedy first trimesters!

ok. i'm off to look for my focus. i lost it and i am way behind
#127 of 316 Old 04-11-2007, 02:02 PM

whoever espoused the virtues and joys of the silk hazelnut creamer, the coffee gods love you and i am : because that stuff is so frickin good and i'm trying to cut back on the coffee. at least it's decaf and it might tame my starbucks beastly habit.

oh but the starbucks chocolate donuts that they run out of by 1230 each day might still require an occasional trip to the drive through...

how can a 14.5 lb baby be so strong to make my arm hurt while he sits on my lap squiggling to get somewhere?

toast boy is a mess. maybe more later...

~c
#128 of 316 Old 04-11-2007, 02:10 PM

Jstar---was it Isaac that really thinned out in the toddler years and dropped a couple pounds even? I made the mistake of putting E on the scale this morning and with clothes on it seems she is a bit lighter than she was two months ago at the last GI appt. I'm so trying to let go of all the worrying/fussing over her food/intake that I had to do for so many months when she was younger. She is always active and on the go (way much more than C ever was) and actually enjoys most food these days...

Claudia--toast is always an interesting experience at our house too!

okay....now I really must go knit or something.

#129 of 316 Old 04-11-2007, 11:02 PM

Hey mamas,

Checking in. It's been a busy week for us, but I've been reading. Here's some stuff I wanted to say off the top of my head:

Lisa, LOVE the pics! It was so great seeing you and Allison together and, of course, the little ones. I am sorry to hear about your dad, as well. That must be tough, to put it mildly.

emmalola-thanks for sharing your breast yeast experience; I found it very helpful. I did a week of gentian violet (which my local pharmacist had on hand). It seemed to help, but I wasn't sure if it was okay to take more than one week in a row. KellyMom.com said 7 days only. Anyway, I'm now rinsing with grapefruit seed extract twice a day and taking GSE pills 3x/day. At least G isn't nursing any more, so I don't have to also treat him. I hope you get the "other" yeast sitch cleared up. The reason you gave for not wanting to go to a doctor about yeast totally explains my reticence. Although I'm willing to try it if necessary, I feel deep down that it won't really take care of the problem. I also wonder if the amount of stress I'm under with all the changes we're undertaking isn't part of the reason the yeast came back. We shall see.

MCSB-wow! how exciting that you're on call and everything now.

Heather-Sorry you're feeling so icky. The fact that you're willing to through this a third time makes you a major hero in my book, though!

KK-that headache-y thing sounds horrible. And, Claudia, too! Dh gets migraines and I don't think I've ever had one, but I'm glad you're both feeling better.

Fiddle-glad you got the taxes done! And, enjoy your trip!

Elsanne, you have access to such neat kid activities! I'm so jealous. Puppets sound great.

I know I left of some of you, but here's a if you want one! I am thinking of each of you as I read your updates.

We are now homeowners! It feels weird owning an empty house, but we are trying to take over small loads each day so at least some our stuff is there! The closing went well, now all that's left is the packing. I'm having such trouble getting motivated to pack. I just want to move!!!!!

I'm glad I got to write to you all tonight; it made me feel a bit more centered. I need that right now, believe me.

Much love to you all.
#130 of 316 Old 04-11-2007, 11:08 PM

Yay Jacqueline! I'm glad the closing went well. Its such a gigantic relief to have that behind you. And definitely having a little less stress to deal with will have a positive impact on your yeast IMO.

Lisa, I think I forgot to offer my thoughts to you regarding your dad's most recent health situation. I hope you have a memorable and loving visit with him. Big

Heather, sorry you;re still feeling blech.

Fiddle, enjoy your vacation!

Trying to think of something to do with the kids tomorrow. I'm coming up short. Maybe a trip to the library is in order. I could use a new book to read. Anyone care to recommend?
#131 of 316 Old 04-11-2007, 11:44 PM

isaac is one who has drastically leaned out. i think he hit 34 lbs a really long time ago and has held steady while gaining many inches in height. he lost his rubber band wrists and cankles but he still has big cheeks

of course if i had ever designated ONE place to stick those weight/height stickers they give you at WBV i would actually be able to look and track his weight changes. but they're scattered around the house in various purses and every time i see one i think i should stick them ALL in his baby book. maybe i'll look for some and check it out. i think i'll be curious to see what this next babe weighs at the same weights and stuff.

congrats on closing and owning a new house jacqueline! that is so exciting :
#132 of 316 Old 04-12-2007, 12:05 AM

Jess Sol is 34 lbs too, holding steady. At least as of two months ago. She was 95th % and methinks in Isaac's range...what I have discovered with #2 is that mama has much less time & milk (or something, maybe just Amara's a more delicate creature) so she's smaller, and in part my theory is that it's because I am under a bit more stress and responsibility than I was when all I had to do was be Sol's mama.

The day was fun, although I feel run over by a truck. More like, run over by 15 babies and their parents. Didn't make it to puppets, although two really wonderful fun mamas stayed after and much fun was had. Not all of it legal. Except that later it was bedtime for bonzos, Amara screaming, and Sol tantruming that she was leaving with her friend. UGH.: Viet nowhere to be found.
#133 of 316 Old 04-12-2007, 12:00 PM

So, there has been bike-related thoughts put out there and I have not responded. Here's my thinking:

I want a commuter bike not a kid carrying bike. I was a regular bike-to-work gal in Oregon but I can't seem to get the habit here, in large part because my bike is a beach cruiser type with no gears and peddle brakes, but also because there are no commuter bike trails only bike lanes. Traffic freaks me out. So I like the Electra (not electric, the brand) because it is comfy cruiser-like but with advanved technology like - GEARS and BRAKES! I saw the xtracylce version and had all sorts of bike to everything fantasies. I think that I will walk over the the local bike shop and see what they have, particularly those models that can get an xtracyle conversion kit installed later. Or maybe Craigs List or eBay has something. Around here it seems everyone has Lance Armstrong-type or mountain -type bikes. I want to a bike like I am in Europe travelling with a french bread under my arm (because that is what midwives-to-be look like ) Alison has already informed me that I am not getting a bike for my birthday because she already has something planned so it's all on me to budget and select the bike I need.

Sarah - I am a teeney bit jealous and a LOT excited for you as you start call. You have worked so hard to get to this point. And yes, you look just like a midwife to me.

My dad looks better than I expected and besides being more tired seems like his same old self. I am so blessed to have this time with them.

Except that I am at work, so I best get at it so I can get out of here.

p.s. to add - Did I tell you all that I will be a SAHM for two months? From April 27-June 24. Lord help me.
#134 of 316 Old 04-12-2007, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&L+1 View Post
S like I am in Europe travelling with a french bread under my arm (because that is what midwives-to-be look like )

p.s. to add - Did I tell you all that I will be a SAHM for two months? From April 27-June 24. Lord help me.
a) : : :

b) ooooh will you nurse the baby? How great to have two nursing mothers, if so!
#135 of 316 Old 04-12-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
b) ooooh will you nurse the baby? How great to have two nursing mothers, if so!
Cool, but no. Alison is very much the nursing mom this time and I will be giving Annabel bottles of pumped milk. We have not yet been successful in getting her to take a bottle though! She screams and will not suck on the bottle...could be a problem.
#136 of 316 Old 04-12-2007, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboClaudia View Post
whoever espoused the virtues and joys of the silk hazelnut creamer, the coffee gods love you and i am : because that stuff is so frickin good and i'm trying to cut back on the coffee. at least it's decaf and it might tame my starbucks beastly habit.

I believe it was me. I picked up some myself today. Glad to corrupt you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar View Post
we haven't gotten our heads around the bike thing yet. at the end of last summer we bought one of the seats that attaches to the back of the bike...and never attached it to anything. i definitely won't be confident to use it with a 35 lber on the back so it will have to go on doug's bike. and my ancient schwin has a flat tire. and my friend borrowed my mountain bike and never brought it back. i know whose house it is at ...i just don't know where he lives! obviously i havn'et had much of a need for it i think the burleys look heavy but they are probably a load of fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar View Post

there was a worm bin article in martha stewart in january. i'm impressed so many of you have them!

I think the bike seats look heavier/more unmanagable, but I'm totally capable of falling over, and so it's burley for me.

I'm going to have to see what kind of decorating MS does for her worms' abode...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
We are now homeowners! It feels weird owning an empty house, but we are trying to take over small loads each day so at least some our stuff is there! The closing went well, now all that's left is the packing. I'm having such trouble getting motivated to pack. I just want to move!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post

I've been thinking of you--glad the closing went well. You're moving weekend after next, right? I hope the packing gets moving! (and moved! )

Quote:
So, there has been bike-related thoughts put out there and I have not responded. Here's my thinking:
Quote:

I want a commuter bike not a kid carrying bike. I was a regular bike-to-work gal in Oregon but I can't seem to get the habit here, in large part because my bike is a beach cruiser type with no gears and peddle brakes, but also because there are no commuter bike trails only bike lanes. Traffic freaks me out. So I like the Electra (not electric, the brand) because it is comfy cruiser-like but with advanved technology like - GEARS and BRAKES! I saw the xtracylce version and had all sorts of bike to everything fantasies. I think that I will walk over the the local bike shop and see what they have, particularly those models that can get an xtracyle conversion kit installed later. Or maybe Craigs List or eBay has something. Around here it seems everyone has Lance Armstrong-type or mountain -type bikes. I want to a bike like I am in Europe travelling with a french bread under my arm (because that is what midwives-to-be look like ) Alison has already informed me that I am not getting a bike for my birthday because she already has something planned so it's all on me to budget and select the bike I need.

My dad looks better than I expected and besides being more tired seems like his same old self. I am so blessed to have this time with them.

I think you should go to a good bike shop (bikes for real people, not Cyclists) and ask for input... there may be something else out there which you hadn't considered which is more affordable and still works well for you.

I'm so glad you're getting this time with your dad.

heh heh heh on the SAHM gig. What is Alison going to be doing during that time? (Just curious--I thought she was a teacher--is she going back to finish out the year?)

Supposedly, we're going to get up to a foot of snow tonight/tomorrow. While I'm sure the reservoirs, flowers, etc. won't mind, I will. I hope it doesn't happen....
#137 of 316 Old 04-12-2007, 06:27 PM

MS had her worms living in a white plastic tote under the kitchen sink. with holes in the top. purportedly not stinking.

i would be totally capable of falling over with a big kid on the back of my bike too.

the kind of bike you want lisa is exactly the kind of bike i want. i have an ancient schwinn which only has 3 gears. i have a mountain bike which was a high school grad present....so it is ancient and weighs a ton. i also hate riding in traffic and prefer to be more upright than the mountain bike allows. i want cruiser style with modern gears

guess what i really want right now though???? cowboy boots silly, i know. and not the kind of thing you buy when you are pregnant with fat feet. or right before summer starts when you won't be able to wear them anyway. but i WANT SOME. square vintage toe, roper heel. cute cute cute! (none of those pointy high heeled things.) i went to try some on yesterday

lucky on the sahm gig lisa, and i'm glad your dad is looking well.

isaac went to his first basketball game at the rose garden last night. it was a 'manly event' with doug and his friend and his son. and i think isaac had fun. he definitely had enough cracker jax to ensure a good meltdown at 10pm getting into bed. he wanted to 'do it again. today!'
#138 of 316 Old 04-12-2007, 08:02 PM

KK, coming from recent snow I really hope you don't have it. The pics are from Easter Sunday, and if you flip through the album there are a couple of other recent things in there.

ETA also in the album are the egg carton plantings. They're seriously sprouting now!!

Lisa, your family is freaking beautiful. I am so incredibly happy for you. I'm glad your dad's visit is going well.

I would love to have a bike but more than that I reaaaaalllly want a kayak.
#139 of 316 Old 04-13-2007, 04:54 PM

Juice is a thread killer! : Nice pix! (Cute kids!) That's what we had all winter.

We didn't get the snow! I singlehandedly diverted the storm, with my powerful glare : . It *is* pretty cloudy, though, so I guess I'm not all *that* powerful.

Oooh.... I really want a (sea) kayak. I have this fantasy wherein I have a kayak, stored at a reservoir which is ~1 mi from our house, and I ride my bike over every morning and paddle around for an hour or so. Maybe it'll happen someday, but not anytime soon. (Also, I've never seen anyone paddling on the res, though I've seen a rack of kayaks, so I'm a little confused.)

Y'know, one of my things about the worms is that we are capable of producing *huge* pulses of compostable stuff, and we produce a lot in general. It seems like the outdoor bins are more forgiving/more flexible about amounts than the wormies are. (Seriously, we have a container in the kitchen which is ~a gallon, and I think we often empty it outside every day or two.)
#140 of 316 Old 04-13-2007, 05:44 PM

so i had ANOTHER migraine last night until this morning and bill had to work from home for the first two hours because i couldn't get out of bed without feeling like i was going to hurl and then tip over. wtf???!!!??? must read about possible triggers 'cause i can't deal with these every few days.
#141 of 316 Old 04-13-2007, 05:52 PM

i dug the easter kiddo pics too, juice (threadkilla). CUTE. but that is too much snow for APRIL

els - you were saying amara is smaller. i've been wondering about that with this babe. we have the mix of genes with 'big' people and normal sized people on both sides of our family. i'd say isaac definitely got the tall genes and he was such a chunky baby. but maybe this next boy won't be. i'm so curious to find out

so last night i put a cloth dipe on isaac (i wanted to try the snappi! but he is too big). and he stands up and goes 'oh i am a baby' i couldn't resist 'yep you are still a baby because you wear diapers.' and then he insisted on putting a sposie on because he doesn't like the cloth. so i told him as soon as this baby comes we aren't buying any more diapers because they cost too much money. so maybe once he is presented with only the CD option he will choose underwear!

he's moving up to the preschool 2 class may 1! yay! my boy is growing up
#142 of 316 Old 04-13-2007, 06:58 PM

Claudia--so sorry about another migraine---ugh! Any chance you're ovulating or have recently....I had a few intense nausea/sensitivty to light spells

jstar--your cloth only plan sounds like it could work. I never bought pull-ups for C except for when we travelled and she got to a point where she was so over the wet in cloth feeling.

kk--I've always thought kayaking looks like so much fun...we see them go by when we're up in maine, but I'm not much of a swimmer so it'll probably never happen. I haven't ridden a bike in ages as riding in the city freaked me out and I don't even own one anymore. So glad the : was enough to keep the snow away.

juice---cutey kids, but oh my not such cute snow!

worms skeeve me bigtime so that will never happen around here I guarantee that! But if we get our fence redone this summer, I am going to find a spot to compost.

tgif!

#143 of 316 Old 04-13-2007, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Who replaced my son with this beast? Oh. My. God. Crying at every little disturbance, inconsolable if he doesn't get his way. I'm sorry, but there's only room for one hormonal pregnant woman in this house, I don't want to have to deal with another drama queen weekend. dang.

Seriously- I was all smug when everyone else was complaining about their fussy kiddos, and now I'm living with one. He's waking early, coming into our bedroom and freaking out if we don't hop out of bed and do his every bidding. We've been trying to ignore him when he does his 30 minute whine/cry, but it's starting to feel like parent abuse. We've taken to swearing in his presence, which we never did before. It's just so aggravating! :

Juice (threadkilla), those photos are seriously precious. There was the snow bit, and my heart broke just a little for you, but the easter dresses were superfabulously cute.

KK- can you ask at the local kayak store where people are taking their kayaks? I'm assuming they must be buying them somewhere, since mail-order kayaks seems a little extreme.

TC- I'm so sorry about the migraines. My migraines were largely cured by regular attention by a good chiropractor. It's a little pricey, but when I think of the money I've saved on meds to control the pain after they happen, I'm happy to spend the money.
#144 of 316 Old 04-13-2007, 08:31 PM

oh yes. he loves the pull ups. and i've bought them for novelty use at home to humor him. he lays them all out and counts them and picks one based on the picture and then it HAS TO BE THAT ONE and not the identical one that i am holding : i don't send those to daycare because they're a pita. (he used to be in cloth up to age 2 and then they switch them to sposies at daycare and start using the potty).

i think it is the bulkiness of the CDs he doesn't like. he could probably sit in wet pee all day and not care. i can't cope with doing the cloth right now...so this plan will have to wait. plus i have the issue of his clothes not fitting over them. i think i have the issue of his clothes mostly not fitting AT ALL right now. on the *two* sunny days we had last week i went through his shorts and i think maybe 2 pairs will still fit him. good thing the grandmas will be coming to visit when this baby is born!! and all his pants are getting hard to button and too short.

i would love a kayak. or a canoe.

sorry the lentil is being beastly.

yay friday - my back is so killing me sitting here. maybe i'll leave early.
#145 of 316 Old 04-13-2007, 11:37 PM

No worries, ladies. Not the first time I tried to kill a thread - way to make a mama feel welcome, though

Snow mostly gone and egg cartons sprouting furiously. Toddler home with a low fever today but we seem to have survived. KK glad you skipped it

EL, my neverending mantra is "This is not a deliberate assault on my sanity" I've probably mentioned that before, but it's so very real over here... an assault, no doubt, but still not deliberate.
#146 of 316 Old 04-14-2007, 12:03 AM

Juice- So where are you? Still confused. I thought you were near KK, but if she didn't get any snow...??? Cuuuute pics. Aww, sisters. Pics like those make get all misty-eyed about Lily being an only.

We don't have a worm bin, but our compost is about 50% worms. It's great. We have so much compost we can't compost it fast enough. Enter chickens. Supposedly you can just feed them kitchen scraps and don't have to buy feed, if you produce enough scraps.

So DH is taking Lily to a local rally for this tomorrow. I will be doing homework.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Thinking of all you preggos and everyone else, too.

Sarah
#147 of 316 Old 04-14-2007, 10:18 AM

Top o' the morning, gals...I am sooo tired. Emmalola, I was grinning and nodding knowingly with the "wake up super early and demand that we get out of bed that instant to do his every bidding" 'cause I got me one of those too.

I really just want to brush all children and other obstacles (did not say debris) aside as I come complain here online with cuppa in hand.

Now bebe is up, and Sol is demanding I go see to her.

Gah.

Will Viet take the hint? Will he go in with Sol to get bebe? I am waiting, wishing, sending massive vibes for daddy to pick up the reins here...I am upstairs and they are down. I am using my typing forearms for support because I cannot/don't want to physically support myself. Wait! What's that I hear? I believe Viet has gone in with bebe! And is singing! Could it be? Yessssss!

The day dawns brighter.
#148 of 316 Old 04-14-2007, 10:25 AM

Sarah what a cool thing for daddy to take Lily to! Looks great.
She's in the land of Cleves. The juicy girl.

TC I am REALLY sorry to hear about your migraine. Another one! What gives!!! Time to do some research about how they come on and why...I sure hope they are manageable 'cause I know how much it would suck to get them regularly. I am sending you warm thoughts. I know you regularly see a chiro, have you seen him/her since the migraine and talked to them about it?

Juice, love your senior title. Like how you change it all the time, what with your pink power.

KK that pic of the 3 kids on the bike made me smile...but there are no nice, flat trails around here like that. Actually, nowhere I have lived. But I have been on them in my life! The San Diego strip there by the beach (aaaah), the greenway in Phoenix, those kinds of things. I really love rollerblading on those paths.
#149 of 316 Old 04-14-2007, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

The lentil is sitting in the kitchen (next to the office) singing "I've been working on the railroad" to himself and who knows what, but he's happy and I'm tired of entertaining him. He's been pretty good today, but my patience is thin. bitch and moan.... I feel a little bad about not engaging him in some end of the day activity before bath, but at the same time I need a few minutes to check the internet and get a breather before bathtime.

My belly is at that place where it's starting to get a little unwieldy. I must be pregnant.
#150 of 316 Old 04-14-2007, 10:15 PM

I'm here! I'm queer, get used to it!
Um, yeah.
Just wanted to let y'all know I didn't actually fall off the planet, though iut kinda feels that way. : I've fallen behind, but I love you all and I am still around! I am mightily fighting off a cold, taking guitar lessons, going to a memorial service for a fellow church member's adult DS () And well, yeah. Just chillin'. Oh yeah, and fighting with DH over silly stuff. : We're mostly over it now, i think.

Love to you all, have a great weekend! Off to trim my nails so I can actually practice some of the stuff I learned today.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page