~*~May 2004 Moms~*~ One More Month to Three! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-17-2007, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wrote this last night, but our internet connection was down, so here it is today:

Okay, first I have to be honest: I am here because Z just tipped over a bowl of pasta with red sauce on my lap, and I yelled "I need a break!!!" : So I'm having a break. Whew. (Yeah. That kind of day.) I'm also taking a wee break from the teething nursing person. Who seems to be cutting teeth on my teta (to use an Elsanne word).

Juice, do "parenting is sweet" only if it is. :P

I have such a hard time wrapping my head around mass murder. I really do. I've been avoiding it. (Reading about it, I mean.)

I like the 3 seasons babies. Now she definitely needs a 4th, in the last season! (except I think being big and pg in say July or August would be yucky)

"Juice-type snow"

Re the deep thoughts and what the hell am I doing being an X, Y, or Z and/or associated restlessless/unfulfilledness... Let me first say... I don't think our male partners are going through this angst. I *do* think mothers can overthink it, feel too much guilt, and so on. I am consciously trying to let go of some of that, because here I am. And truly--even when my kids make me want to scream, I'm so glad they're here. But. I am so totally there on the "how did I wind up as a housewife with 3 kids???". But... if I were a WOHM, I'd be questioning that. And if I didn't have kids, I'd be questioning that. I really *am* trying to dig down WAAAYYY below all the poop and snot and neediness and get something out of this. I hope that doesn't sound Pollyanna-ish, but it's just my headspace right now.

Yeah, being the adult. It seems like any time I slip and demonstrate bad behavior to my kids, they pick it up and repeat it over and over and over until I'm ready to go nuts. (And what better way to cure yourself of your bad habit? To completely have your nose rubbed in it till you scream UNCLE!) It's a *powerful* motivator to me to slow down, take a deep breath and *behave*.

I knew that family weren't necessarily going to be overjoyed about #3 even before I was pg (eg, my mil made it *verrrry* clear she never wanted 3 herself, and I told her, "Well that's great. You didn't have 3. You got what you wanted. We want something different." ) I think it's just as bad as when people bug childless people about whether/when they're going to have kids. In this country, The Perfect Family is one boy (pref. the elder), one girl (pref. the younger), spaced 2 years. Done. Period. People don't seem to understand if you want a family structure other than that (and let me toss in the married, heterosexual, protestant parents for good measure ). It didn't help that I was really not that overjoyed about a #3 a year earlier than we had planned, right on the heels of Z's eating/growth/motor issues.

Speaking of the eating/growth/motor issues... something happened IRL which made me realize that I am still *so* sensitive about that stuff, even now, that I cannot and will not ever give anyone any advice about that stuff anymore, even if they ask me for advice (and yeah, the incident IRL, I was of course asked). Ug. Seriously, they'll have to beg *and* be sincere.

And I remembered something I've been meaning to say for a long time... is Megan the only one (well, I guess besides me, sort of, well, and Juice, in the same sort of way) who didn't have a 2nd child of the same gender? See, this is part of the calculus which has me convinced that Jacquie is having a girl. She just has to; we have too many repeats. But I kinda think that Heather is having another girl, too. What do y'all think? (I'll bet I'm wrong, wrong, wrong!!! )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2007, 01:32 PM

Morning, ladies.

I was really affected yesterday about the Virginia Tech shootings. I didn't find out until about 11 am or so, and then it was just non-stop. I didn't grow up too near there, but I have a few friends who went to Tech (back in the day) and it does seem pretty close to "home," if you know what I mean. All I could think about was the parents and families of the kids who were shot. Ugh. What a call to get. Sitting in class at a huge university. Ugh.

KK, ITA about the mama angst. My DH doesn't really get it when I talk about these things. He listens and nods, but he doesn't agree with me that it's even worth thinking about. He just assumes we're doing the right thing and everything will work out and all is good. Which is most probably is. But.

OK, must go get myself off to school. Buh-bye.

S.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:02 PM

Jacqueline: girl

Heather: boy
Old 04-17-2007, 04:47 PM

i'm going with --jaqueline girl, heather girl.

i've been avoiding the virginia coverage too. i wasn't online or in front of the tv yesterday so it was pretty easy. we'll see about today when i'm sitting at my compy all day.

ob visit this morning. 3 lbs in 2 weeks : i'd like to credit one pound to my danskos...which i have not been wearing at recent visits. they weigh a lot right? in 2 weeks i get the lovely group b check. getting isaac to say obstetrician is pretty funny

i'm having an overwhelming urge to 'get ready' for baby. it still seems early but i'm going with it. i bought a pack of tiny sposies and a laundry basket yesterday. i'm ready to dig baby clothes out of the basement. and i need to go buy some newborn size prefolds. and i think that is about it

our weekend was pretty mellow. sunday i visited a friend who has terminal cancer. she's 37 and has a 6 year old daughter it was a fine visit and not as depressing as i was expecting. i just don't know if i'll see her again. they said she'll be lucky to make it to christmas. she lives in england and was visiting her mom in salem. it is hard to even imagine what it would be like to be in her shoes. isaac had a lot of fun and keeps telling me he went to a party because there were also a 3yo girl, a 5 year old boy and the 6yo girl. and it is very much a 'grandparent's house' with lots of toys and a giant yard. and lots of aunts and uncles to entertain kiddos. isaac got to try tball and golf

as far as mama angst....i hope i am moving into a phase with more focus on being mama and less work. but there isn't really any way for me to predict what my 'satisfaction' level will be kwim? i'm a little scared about being mama to a newborn and an extremely energetic 3 yo. i'm hoping it is better (the overall life balance thing). i fear the constant neediness feeling of an infant coupled with the demands and acting out part. i am probably worst-case scenario-ing it in my mind to get ready for it though. at work we are having a meeting on thursday to figure out what we are willing to commit to in terms of contracting to do projects. so i should get an idea of what i plan to take on over the summer/fall. i have to keep working a bit. i hope the work is minimal and just enough to provide a distraction and semblance of adult-life.

very jealous about the hawaii trip claudia : i wish we had a tropical vacation in our future. i love the sun

sarah - when you are done with school what type of schedule do midwives work? is it the typical nurse 3 12's schedule? it is always hard to hold out for the future but you are so close to being done and hopefully the actual working schedule will give you more time with lily. right now you are probably doing 6 12's a week :

ok. i had no boob leakage at all being pregnant with isaac. and now i am having LEFTY boob leakage. this is not cool
Old 04-17-2007, 04:57 PM

I have no idea. I thought E was a boy because she was soooo different from C in utero....turns out she is just soooooo different from C. I adore my girls and would love a third. I even told DH if this is a boy, I think we need to try for a third girl after that.

jstar---gosh, I couldn't even imagine only knowing you have that much time. I think it was totally the danskos! I love that our mw doesn't care if we weigh at home and just tell her the #--definitely takes the surprise out of it!

My DH is a third opposite on the sahm/what on earth am I doing stuff. He is just so laid back and doesn't care if I stay home forever. Not so encouraging or motivating or something. I've thought of going to nursing school or getting a paralegal certificate. I have no idea. Some days it bothers me more than others.

I'm so over this feeling sooooo tired stuff. We had food playgroup here this morning and it was so eh. But am looking forward to Friday when we're going to do a P2P meetup....I think there are at least 5 or 6 of us and assorted kids going!

E is peeping....

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
Old 04-17-2007, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&L+1 View Post
Strange, as one of the WOHM in the bunch, but I totally get this. Now some may think that these feelings are why I am a WOHM, but in fact I still feel this way…I still feel like, “what am I doing with my life? All I do is work to pay the mortgage and spend time with my kids...what a privilege and a waste.” It does not feel like I thought it would feel like to be a working mom and it certainly has not taken away the doubts I have about feeling lost and feeling underutilized while also being completely overwhelmed and in awe of my life. So so complicated and so hard to write out..
Now this completely fits in with my perception of you, as I know you're not working in a field you feel passionate about. I know how frustrated you are at not being able to actively pursue midwifery as soon as you'd like. You also bring up a good point to me. Sometimes I feel that if I had a job I'd be more fulfilled. I'd have more adult interaction and be away from home. But you are a reminder that a job is sometimes simply that, a job. I realize that a job isn't the end-all, be-all. It wouldn't automatically fulfill my needs and make me happy. I need to find something I'm passionate about, and frankly, I have no idea what that is. I feel really lost and confused about myself. If I had to tell you right now what my dream job is, I couldn't do it. I have no idea. What I really need is a life coach. Someone who can help me identify my strengths and weaknesses and point me in the right direction. I've always struggled with self-esteem, and simply feel I'm not good enough to do anything at all.

Wow, what an uplifting post, no?

So I guess I'd like to ask what you are doing as parents to bring your children up with healthy self esteeem. Any thoughts on the matter? What can I do to help my children build up a health self image and recognize their self worth?
Old 04-17-2007, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah'sMama View Post
What I really need is a life coach. Someone who can help me identify my strengths and weaknesses and point me in the right direction. I've always struggled with self-esteem, and simply feel I'm not good enough to do anything at all.

So I guess I'd like to ask what you are doing as parents to bring your children up with healthy self esteem. Any thoughts on the matter? What can I do to help my children build up a health self image and recognize their self worth?

Sounds like you have your answer there.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:01 PM

Sherri, I also want to say how happy and privileged I feel to be part of a group where you would open up like this; I get the feeling you don't do that much at all.
Feeling all

MMF!
Old 04-18-2007, 01:31 AM

I truly live in a bubble. This is the first I have heard of the shooting. Wow, nobody at preschool even mentioned it. I just googled it to find out what you were talking about. Google asked me where I had been and told me to talk to any human and I would find out! Seriously, now I get it.
As for updates
I am so ready for school to end. I will eat my words after two weeks of summer but right now the routine is beginning to drag. I am sort of glad that we did not go to the montessori school that is year round. Never mind that it is expensive and far away and I didn't hear about it till too late.
I definately feel the creeping malaise of restlessness. I think this may be seasonal. Like we are supposed to be planting right now, but instead we put in a few bean plants (not a whole field) and then we are restless.
OK, I should delete that but I will leave it. I am not drunk or otherwise under the iinfluence
I am also suddenly concerned with N's picky eating. I think a large part of it for her is issues with texture in her food. Like she can't deal with anything that contains multiple textures. No pilaf or rice and beans or soup or anything mixed up. No nuts in bread or seeded loafs, she won't eat jam on her PB. I think it is all part of her spiritedness and not a "problem" needing anything particular at this point. The thing that I don't know is if I should force her to try out textured food or just leave it alone. She will try things if she is motivated (like she knows there is something she loves in it) but she nearly choked with disgust on a Nestle crunch caramel egg. It was smooth and crunchy and runny all in the same bite and the look on her face was incredible. I just grabbed something and payed no attention, but she did not eat any more of those chocolate eggs. They were actually really good so I ended up eating them. Too bad for my WW.
Julia got the cutest shoes and then lost one down a storm drain. Naomi and Julia were both so devastated so I got her another pair.: I am a little in shock about how much I spent on her shoes.
Also, we have termites and need to have the house tented...
Old 04-18-2007, 02:06 AM

OMG nugget, those shoes are adorable. $$$, but adorable. I just got these for Lily (my mom did, actually .

So has N always been like that? Lily is similar, maybe not quite so bad. She will occasionally eat a sandwich with more than one topping. But anything like pilaf, soup, etc. she won't touch. I'm just wondering if N's pickiness is new or if she's had it for years...

Gotta go, freaking toddler.

S.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:25 AM

hi all- just spent an hour reading up.

i am somehow doing well today, but yesterday totally sucked. sounds like it was a bad day for many people. i am sad to say that there is no room in my heart to contemplate the v tech thing. i am unable to feel anything because i am too absorbed with my own fam.

i grabbed l yesterday and squeezed his arms tight as i was forcing him (more than once) into a time-out corner. we do not HAVE a time-out corner. i was just feeling so angry at his constant hit-the-cat, hit-the-baby, throw-the-food, dump-the-drink, demand-to-be-held, lie-on-the-floor-and whine, repeat, repeat, repeat, that i lost it.

we are tube weaning and l is on an antibiotic for a diaper owie (which is giving him diahrea and making things worse), and the whole babie is here to stay thing is hitting at the same time. oh- and l gave up naps 3 wks ago.

oh. and work is getting more stressful, and our company may eliminate part of my position leading to a pay decrease, and since dh is the manager the work stress hits him even harder than me.

so really, it's pretty amazing that i had a decent day today. but i should really get to bed. i miss all of you and wish i had more time to enjoy my wonderful may mamas!
Old 04-18-2007, 11:05 AM

Hey mamas, not to rain on a parade that's already got its share of downpourings, but I finally got up the cojones to post what I've been thinking about over at the YG.

So that is my morning goddess post for the day. And dude, Rowan JUST woke up. Gotta fly.

Love you all and am thinking of you all too. Kisses mwah.

Please don't hate me for talking out this stuff over there! :

Old 04-18-2007, 12:40 PM

renae---just read your thoughts in the groupie email and wanted to thank you for your honesty. when I'm a little less : I will respond. Because in all honesty about half my day is : and trying to be more : than : so I totally get what you were saying.

C has an eval for a music therapy class tonight and DH is meeting us there to wrangle crazy baby sister and then hopefully we can go do some fast foodish dinner because I so do not feel like cooking. :

I adore those cutie shoes! Both my girls have really high insteps so shoe buying is always an adventure. Those see kai run ones might work. C had the 'katelyn' ones last year.

fiddly---so sorry about the work stress plus extreme toddlerness. yikes. *hugs*

okay...my quick morning computer fun is done done done.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:49 PM

saving us from almost page 3

wanted to tell you all the funny that marek said the other day.

i was nursing stefan on the couch in the front room (marek named it the toy room, and the kitchen/family room is the tv room since that's where the tv is). marek's holiday jingle bell necklace is hanging up on the key hooks, as we don't want just any kid to get it and also don't want to have unsupervised play with it since it has no safety clasp release.

marek: mama, can i have my jingle bell?
me: stefan's having ma-milks right now, so i can get it for you in one minute when he's all done.
marek: ok, thanks.
[climbs up on couch next to me, mumbling something, looking into kitchen and spots toy on top of fridge]
marek: oh, my thomas phone is on top of the fridge. can you get my thomas phone for me?
me: well, stefan is nursing so when he's done i can get that for you, too.
marek: and you can get my jingle bell, and you can get my thomas phone from the top of the fridge. [pauses] maybe dedo (our name for my dad -- slovak word for grandpa) can make me a bigger stepstool and i can climb up and get it myself.

:rotlfmao

i had a thought when i was reading something above, but my brain is swiss-cheesey today and i can't remember wtf it was... oh well.

~claudia
Old 04-19-2007, 02:07 PM

Well, I guess it didn't work, because I found us on pg 3!

You go, Marek!

I will admit that I'm a big fan of See Kai Run shoes (Z's first shoes!). But they weren't as spendy in our local (normally super spendy) kid's shoe store--I think ~$10 less than what you paid? (And hey--they're cheaper than Stride Rites, and more flexible...)

Nugget, I could have said exactly what you said about school. And actually, what you said about N and food is somewhat similar to T and food. I asked Z's OT about it (when she came to evaluate L), and she said that it's not really a problem unless it gets to be a problem (and that I--and you--will know when it's a problem). :

Sherri, big hug for you! Re self-esteem: I guess what I am trying to do in that area is to help them find their own pursuits and interests. *I* was groomed too much to be a "pleaser", and as a result, I think it's hard for me to figure out what I want to do with myself. It seems like if you feel good about pursuing what you want to pursue, a side affect is that you seem to feel good about yourself. (I could be wrong.) T can tend toward being overly self-critical (yikes, where did he get that? , and I just try to work with him on following through (because he usually ends up feeling good about what he did).

Gotta feed the monkeys...
Old 04-19-2007, 04:10 PM

Claudia---love the way that boy thinks! If we ever got him together with E...they surely would get into some good trouble!

The music therapy eval got off to a bad start as the therapist expected that I would let her take C back to the therapy room for the eval *by herself*. Um, no. She was not very tactful about it when I asked simply to go with her ---right in the middle of the waiting room in front of three other parents and kids and I had to get all : and tell her I didn't think it was appropriate for her to do so. Blah. Turns out (and I'm not sure this is why she thought it was "okay") that she thought C was 4! --I guess maybe just going by her height and not the six page form of C's info she had in front of her. : We did wind up signing her up from the session because it does address the things she needs, but good grief don't mess with this mama at the end of a looooong day. :

And then we did go out to eat at a chain restaurant and it was gross and we won't be doing that again anytime soon!

Don't remember if I mentioned that my sis is coming Saturday to stay overnight with the girls while DH and I go to Atlantic City to see Norah Jones and stay at a fancy schmancy hotel and all that.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:38 PM

stopping in to say 'hola!'

heather that sounds like a fun little getaway

i love the see kai run shoes but isaac's feet are just giant now and they don't seem sturdy enough. can't wait to get my old ones out and reuse them with boy #2 though they are SO sweet. i can't wait to get the old robeez out too. (the real reason i wanted babe#2...baby shoes!)

beth -it sounds like a lot going on at your house. L definitely has the baby brother reaction thing that i am expecting. and why do i think isaac will drop the nap when baby arrives? : he's only 50% napping on weekends now even though he naps daily at school.

i bought tickets last night for a trip to CA this summer. i was really : because i priced it all out last week and then we talked to family and coordinated and all that biz and it went up $200! i'm sure it will only continue to go up so i sucked it up and purchased. but it was a bigger dent in the budget than i hoped the cool thing is that i am going down for 2 weeks and since doug can't miss that much work he will be coming down later. but my sister is going to fly up and fly down with me so i don't have to go solo with the baby and isaac. PHEW!

i have this very strong urge to go to disneyland. it would be foolish because a) doug won't be there and it would be a shame for him to miss isaac's first disneyland experience. and b) i will also have an 8 week old.

BUT c) i can get free tickets i think through a friend. and d) isaac talks constantly about how we are going to disneyland someday : and e) i think doug's dad's family would definitely want to go and we haven't spent much quality time with them. so i think i'd have plenty of help and i don't think isaac will want to go on any rides anyway because he hates MOTION. i think the boat rides are the only ones that will fly.

i think all signs point to waiting *sigh* that would be so PRACTICAL

well my grand central egg salad basil sandwich just arrived so
Old 04-19-2007, 07:40 PM

i am officially a "working mom". even if it is only 15 hours a week. i started training this week, and this weekend, I am working at a big wine event.

larson family winery

cute, huh? super nice people, and a woman winemaker, too! cool! not many of those around. plus, she started out in the tasting room and worked her way up. double cool.

jett's eating chalk. i gotta go.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:16 PM

Oh GOT TO DISNEYLAND! You can go again and Doug can go next time when #2 is bigger. I just love Disneyland but at Naomi's age they are already a little jaded and not so entranced in the magic.

Oh, I have to find easter eggs I guess.

A couple of days ago Julia came to me and asked "I want some Easter in my egg" Asking for candy I guess.

Go Meg on the job!
Old 04-19-2007, 10:22 PM

my sister votes yes on the disneyland plan too. she said we'll bring mom so WE can go on rides
Old 04-19-2007, 10:35 PM

and do the kidswitch... you do know about the kid switch, right? everyone stand in line together, get to the front of the line, someone watches kids while the other person rides, ride comes back, adults switch kid supervision, 2nd person comes back, everyone exits ride area together. genius.

still trying to convince bill we need to go to d-land in may before marek turns 3...
Old 04-20-2007, 03:43 PM

are they free before age 3? bonus! may would be a really good time to go too. not too hot. school is not out yet. august would pretty much be really hot and really crowded...and i still want to go.

a crew is tearing off our 100 years worth of ancient roofing shingles right now : :
Old 04-20-2007, 04:36 PM

eeeek. 2 may ddc babies have been born now. i've been participating more in the june ddc but this still is all starting to feel like a very real possibility now!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 09:20 PM

Hey goils....writing you from sunny Albuquerque ( : emmalola!) where I am about to buy some serious tribal jewelry, and am at a coffeeshop now with my dad's laptop. yay! Totally smooth trip, I felt kind of triumphant walking through the Houston airport all calm and unruffled. (reference: last trip through Houston airport)

Life is good and bebe is soooo close to taking her first steps. whoa dude. Fun has been had, money has been spent, Trader Joe's has been ransacked. Been dancin like a, well, fool, dancin fool. Took my 15 y.o. niece to bellydance class and took my 5 y.o. niece to go hiking. Yay! Tomorrow is my birthday and more fun is planned.

love to all the mmmmmaaaayyyy mamas and I will now go back and catch up on what's been goin' down...when to expect Renae in Mexico, with or without Rowan...
Old 04-20-2007, 09:43 PM

another frickin' migraine kicked my a** this morning and i had to call bill away from a client 'cause i couldn't even function. wtf???? why am i getting these NOW, never had any before last week. finally seems to be dissipating, maybe, not sure.

happy birthday tomorrow, els! have a groovy day!

~claudia
Old 04-21-2007, 03:56 PM

Claudia, I hope you kicked the nasty migraine to the curb. I hope you find out what's triggering them soon, they truly suck.

It's a glorious day here today! Finally spring has sprung, and we're outside soaking it all up.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:37 AM

I'm a threadkillah!!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! Another day of beautiful weather here!
Old 04-22-2007, 12:35 PM

Well the weather here is crappy. We tried to go to an Earth Day celebration yesterday, only to go home after 15 minutes because it was miserable and Lily was complaining. Plus I'm sick with a cold, and had to get up at 6:30 am this morning to report for call. Interestingly enough, I'm actually in a pretty good mood, considering. I really want to have a birth today, but I'm also sick so wouldn't mind napping all day, either. Well, I don't have control either way, so I guess I'll just go with the flow!

DH put the chickens in a bigger pen in the garage last night. I hope they don't get too cold. There is a heat lamp out there for them, of course, but I worry. They won't be big enough to go outside to their official henhouse for another month, but they were getting too big and loud for a cardboard box in the kitchen.

So DH and I have entered into our first (big) parenting disagreement. We disagreed about some of the sleeping stuff when she was small, but somehow it seemed different when she couldn't really talk. It's funny because I am turning out to be the "lenient" one and he is the strict one. I always thought it would be the opposite. I just think Lily is still so young and can't be expected to do some of the things he expects of her. I am always saying, "but honey, she's 2" or something along those lines, and he doesn't buy it. I tend to allow her things like me helping her with the potty, whereas DH will refuse to help her (because she's demonstrated that she can do it). So she gets upset, and he just ignores her until she stops screaming. Of course this isn't the whole picture, just an example. I was hoping that we could be more consistent with her, but it looks like the mama/papa differences are starting earlier than I'd hoped. Sigh.

S.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:29 PM

Happy Birthday Elsanne! Hope it's been great for you. Sounds like you've been living it up!

Weather is crappy here, too. It's been raining all weekend. Blah.

Yesterday was my first real day of "work". SO FUN! It was a big tasting event, so it was extra busy, but I kind of like just jumping in, trial by fire style. I held my own when talking about the wines I was pouring, and only spilled once. The winery owners then invited all of the staff and a bunch of their family and friends for a BBQ. What a great welcome! Kids running around in the rain with puppies, delicious food and wine, good, REAL people who are a part of fascinating local history. Not sure if you guys looked at the website, but the winery I'm working at is on the site of what used to be the largest rodeo in N. California during 1930-1950, the days when people were ALL ABOUT the rodeo. Seabiscuit was trained there, to boot, and all the while, this same family owned the land. It's pretty neat to be a part of a place that represents true California cowboy culture.

TC, how ya feeling today? Hope you can figure out how to stop those migraines. That must be awful.

MCSB, DH and I have similar disagreements about Mia's capabilities. He doesn't buy the "she's 2" argument either. Frustrating. But inevitable.

Gotta run. Kids freaking out.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:52 AM

OMG We survived the weekend! We went to a wedding in Iowa... DH's first cousin. Traveling with three kids is not for the weak. A good time was had by all, the wedding was beautiful if a bit quirky, the kids were mostly well-behaved, and the weather was splendid. I know I will not have the time to write the novel that is deserved, as it was ridiculously surreal at times, and very very National Lampoonish in terms of number of consecutive things that can go wrong. So here are some chapter titles I'm tossing around in my head, please make up the rest or ask questions if you really want to know:

Airplanes and Toddlers (hint - they don't like seatbelts)
Adventures in Minivan Rental
-Woman on cell phone blatantly cuts in line in front of exhausted family with three kids
-It's FUN to go to Wal-Mart and buy a carseat for your 28-lb rearfacer b/c the rental agency has nothing that will work
Thank Goddess it Wasn't MY Rehearsal Dinner
Cosleeping Redefined
Communications Breakdowns
Everybody Loves the Zoo
How to Feed Four Generations on $20
Three Kids, Two Parents, and a Swimming Pool (you do the math)
Of Course The Wedding Was Beautiful
Please Warn Parents in Advance if the Reception Dinner Includes Spaghetti
Cosleeping Redefined Revisited
We're Having a Nice Breakfast Together Dammit
You Want Your Tie, You Come Here and Get It
(alternate: Rooting Through a Suitcase of Dirty Laundry in the Middle of the Restaurant Searching for Grandpa's Tie)
Reimburse Me for that Carseat, Darn You
If You Miss Someone Send Them a Postcard From the Airport
Toddlers *Still* Don't Like Seatbelts
It's 90 Degrees on this Plane and We're Not Going Anywhere
Goddess, it's Good to be Home!

Epilogue: Every Fish is Dead

Appendix: Homeland Security - News From the Frontlines

And without further ado, I am longing for my very own pillow, and so there I go.

User Tag List