~*~May 2004 Moms~*~ One More Month to Three! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 316 Old 04-24-2007, 05:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Aw, Lisa, that's hard. We're suffering through the loss of all our fish, and I'm surprised at how hard it's been for the kids - I'm not looking forward to that when it's one of our beloved dogs. Maybe you can use this time (however long you want to continue) to talk to E about where the cat will go?
#242 of 316 Old 04-24-2007, 06:07 PM

i wouldn't be able to do the injections so there is no way i could cope with that. i'm sure i wouldn't be able to cope with my cat dying either. i would probably not do the injections but not take her to be put down until it seemed 'necessary'. (i have no idea what that option looks like.) what a tough thing poor kittie and you.

our pets are all getting old. 2 cats which are probably both 14 (one i know is 14 the other is a guess she is the same age). and our dog is 11. he is getting old dog stanky. i've been saying that max is getting old and we recently had a grocery shopping trip which consisted of the repeat conversation "our dog is getting old. we need to get a new one" NO WE DON"T. i started to feel like 'don't talk about my dog like that!'

birthday season is upon us! we have 3 birthday parties in one weekend in may. busy busy. i'm hoping our relatives send clothes. isaac is growing out of everything and he will soon be nude. he wants a playmobile crane for his birthday. i ordered him a playmobile backhoe and it came in the mail. and now EVERY SINGLE cardboard box he sees he says 'is that my crane?????' and then cries when it isn't. and since they are roofing our house right now there are cardboard boxes all over the place. how can a 3 year old be so obsessed with some toy? he's a consumer monster like his mama : i should have never let him know about internet shopping :

oy i don't want to work today. can you tell? i am posty posty pants
#243 of 316 Old 04-24-2007, 06:14 PM

Presents are accumulating here, too! The fam sent me home with wrapped gifts...she's already wearing her tennies with flashy lights...but the rest will wait until her THIRD birthday. Egads!

Lisa, whoa. Sounds like you know your answer, there--

Am reading "Protecting the Gift". Anyone here read it? Whoa dude.
#244 of 316 Old 04-24-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
Am reading "Protecting the Gift". Anyone here read it? Whoa dude.
it's sitting on my bookshelf after i scored it for $3 at the catlin gabel rummage sale 1.5 years ago...
#245 of 316 Old 04-24-2007, 06:27 PM

Lisa, a note about purring. Sometimes they do that as a coping mechanism. Self soothing. Not always a sign that they are happy and content. But it's your cat, you would know.

I had another thought about the cat in relation to your father's cancer. Might it be better to let the cat go on your terms, on your time line? Like sooner rather than later? Maybe you would prefer to complete the cat situation before you are grieving for your father? (I hope this isn't sounding totally crass. I am struggling to find the words to express myself. )
#246 of 316 Old 04-25-2007, 12:02 AM

Meg, that is a good point about the purring. I've heard that, too. And I get what you're saying about letting the cat go.

I also wanted to comment on your job sitch - that does sound really cool! I would love to be a part of something like that. Sounds like a great fit for you.

I read Protecting the Gift when Lily was an infant. A little early, I think. I should read it again. I remember thinking it had some excellent take-home messages, if a little preachy.

S.
#247 of 316 Old 04-25-2007, 12:43 AM

Lisa,

That is a really hard decision. I don't really know what I would do. I try to imagine myself in the same position when my MIL was here, or afterwards. It is a different situation because I was not close in the same way, and she was at my house. I don't think I could have handled the loss of a pet beforehand, while the whole deal was going down so to speak, but afterwards I would have felt odd grieving for the pet while I should have been grieving for the parent (inlaw).
I think it is true what Megan said, that it may be easier to let go of the cat on your own terms, but the time before death can be hectic and stressful even if you are not nearby. I think if you are far away you feel more helpless and out of the loop, even if you are kept in the loop. Because you are not there and not experiencing it. So having to grieve for a cat at the same time may be really hard.
Or maybe the experience with the cat parrallels what is happening with your dad and can help you feel connected in a different way to what your mom and dad are going through.
I know this was not an answer but I really don't have one. The truth is that you will have to grieve both your father and your cat withing short spaces of each other. There, I was blunt.
I sense that you are having a hard time with the injections, but how is the cat feeling/doing the rest of the time? besides not eating.
Kids can be very pragmatic about death too. Naomi at 4 was quite blunt about her grandma dying and did not apparently blink an eye when she woke up and Grandma was gone. Of course she would then start crying at some totally random tiime about it, but it wouldn't be very long.
#248 of 316 Old 04-25-2007, 02:30 AM

I have had a headache all day but before I go to bed I wanted to take a moment to thank you for all the support and words of wisdom. We have decided that we're going to take her to the vet this week for euthanasia. It just seems like extending her life does not make sense when she is not going to get better. I really appreciate what you have said about the purring, the connection with my dad, the fact that we can do this on our own terms which can't be said about my dad's illness. So thanks once again May Mamas, it has been so great to have friends who can talk me down off the edge when I am feeling overwhelmed. Thank you!

I am going to snuggle my cat and go to bed.
#249 of 316 Old 04-25-2007, 10:09 AM

Hi guys--

Lisa I think that's a good idea. Sending you some good energy, because beloved pets getting old/dying is really hard no matter what.

Speaking of, did youguys know that I have the best dog in the world? No, really! Her name is Reina (queen) and she rocks. She is a King Charles Spaniel (or something like that, I dunno about these things) so she kind of looks like a small spaniel, big soft ears, intelligent eyes, very obedient and cute and sweet. When I take her out in public she walks right beside me and if I sit down, she sits at my feet.
Several people have made the comment that I "surround myself with cute things" (babies n Reina).

And Sol has a bunny. Before I left, Viet got her 9 chicks and a bunny. Now, there is just a bunny. Yeah.

Liking the "protecting the gift". Right now I'm in the "finding a babysitter" section which seems, frankly, overwhelming the way he suggests. Thankfully I don't have to deal with that at the moment, I love Laura. My wife. The persuasion techniques have been a very interesting read.

It is over 90 degrees these days around here. HOTHOTHOT. NO a/c. Apr/May is our hottest time.

Babes cryin, must go. Deep breath, and adelante!!!! Yes, I am having good attitude! REally!
#250 of 316 Old 04-25-2007, 01:57 PM

I borrowed that book from the library a while back and browsed it. It certainly cemented my thought not to try to look for a babysitter. The one we have now is wonderful and thankfully a rec. from someone we know at church (her neighbor).

Lisa--thinking of you all! I didn't chime in because I don't really do loss that well and have no idea what I would do. *hugs*

jstar---FOE and a few PUL cuts on their way! I thought I had more PUL to share, but it's all girly colors! LMK if you have any interest in hemp for doublers or what have you as I have loads of that and some organic cotton fleece as well.

E and I had a fun morning planting our front garden bed while C was at school. She is in the cute helper stage and I adore it! DH and I are gardening clueless so I just put in a couple hostas and some petunias. C got to plant her marigolds and a couple random perennials yesterday in her own little bed.

KK.....I still have to send for more info from the agency here that does the PV grants, but DH is interested in pursuing it! So for now I'll just be a PV-wannabe. The local news just did a story on a local woman who has a 'green home' w/ pv panels, etc. Though we will eventually need to redo our roof so maybe that will have to come first???

Got C's eval report and she does qualify for some services that she can likely get at preschool.

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#251 of 316 Old 04-25-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&L+1 View Post
I am going to snuggle my cat and go to bed.
this made me teary. enjoy all your snuggles and i'm really glad you were able to decide what to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherfeather View Post
Ijstar---FOE and a few PUL cuts on their way! I thought I had more PUL to share, but it's all girly colors! LMK if you have any interest in hemp for doublers or what have you as I have loads of that and some organic cotton fleece as well.
you rock! i'd be interested in the hemp and fleece as well...i don't have any of either of those. i'm having so (sew) much fun sewing lately! i just cut out fabric for two of these kimonos and i hope i get a chance to sew them up this weekend.

baby kimono

meg - i forgot to say too that your job looks *awesome* that winery looks so cool. that is an amazing part of california...i wish i lived at a winery. so georgous and what great family history. i want to go stay at the little guesthouse

i think i should read protecting the gift.

we had a bad sleep night last night so i feel : isaac was crying at 4am for me to sleep with him. his mattress is so firm my hips were aching in about 10 mins. i tried to sneak off. he woke up. he wanted a dry dipe. (i ran out of dipes and put him in cloth 2 nights in a row and he has instant mega diaper rash so he was telling me his pee pee was owie.) he came into our bed and i was so cramped i tried to sneak out again. he woke and went with me back to his bed. this is all 4am to 5:30am after i had already been up at 2 to pee : 6am dh's alarm. 7am my alarm. i hit snooze til 8. which isn't really sleeping. oh mah gawd. no fun.
#252 of 316 Old 04-25-2007, 03:07 PM

Well, we are working on independance from diapers around here. I really feel like Julia is ready. She can get out of the bath when she feels like she has to go. When she sits on the potty she goes pee. It is just boring to do it all the time and it takes a while to get out of the habit of peeing any old place. So there we go.
3 days, 7 wet pants...
Sometimes I doubt if I am doing the right thing but I think we just need to forge ahead at this point. She has been able to bedry all day on several occasions and I think it is just getting used to having underpants on. And a question of getting very cute underpants (sparkly one if I can find that)

Sorry for the bad sleep.

I too want PV cells on my house but it may have to wait for the foam roof. And time to research...

Smoothie bootchies
#253 of 316 Old 04-25-2007, 03:24 PM

i think isaac's PL (slooow progress) is just being lazy about figuring out he can't just pee anywhere anytime. or what i mean is he *knows* he just prefers to pee anywhere, anytime. he's started saying 'i'm not a baby!' and we are saying 'well yes, you are still wearing diapers' so all weekend he wore underwear and because he WANTED to he had very few accidents. like we went to several stores and a restaurant and all kinds of stuff. monday morning he wanted a diaper for school. i think he was either tired from the effort or just thinks at school it is more difficult if they are out on a walk or out in the playground. of course they would take him if he asked but i don't think he's that sophisticated yet.

i have some tall tales from isaac. i was laying in bed with him last night talking and telling him that when the baby is about to be born someone is going to come stay with him at our house. and that daddy and i will go to the hospital and then they will bring him to the hospital too. and he goes 'and the doctor will paint your butt?" then i asked him if he remembered being in mama's tummy and he said 'yeah i was like a ball. it was bouncy' kinda makes sense. maybe he really does remember??? maybe it is just a tall tale

he keeps saying 'i'm growing into a big brother!'
#254 of 316 Old 04-25-2007, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar View Post
he keeps saying 'i'm growing into a big brother!'
That is the cutest thing ever.
#255 of 316 Old 04-25-2007, 03:56 PM

Where is Renae?

I always take the carseats with me. I check them and let the kids sit on their own on the plane though.

Time for lunch.
#256 of 316 Old 04-25-2007, 05:16 PM

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

i am so losing my mind with this pooping in the pants thing. totally potty trained when it comes to pee, but she's never ONCE even TRIED to poop on the potty. in the pants/underwear every. single. time. :
#257 of 316 Old 04-25-2007, 05:18 PM

grrrrrrr on the poop in the pants thing... just grrrrrrrr
#258 of 316 Old 04-25-2007, 05:59 PM

Big LIsa, what a tough decision to make anytime, not to mention you're dad's health situation.

Heath, I'm not so sure we'll be makign it to ME this August. Our August is filling up faaast with lots of things, so I'm really doubting we'll be there. I'm keeping it in mind, just in case the girls and I could make a little getaway, but I'm not feeling too hopful. I wish I could see your girlies and you! Speaking of which, do you still need pix from last year? : I can send you copies or a cd or send a link to my snapfish. LMK what youwant. I'm so sorry about my forgetfulness.

mamameg-Katie;s not os good pooping on the potty. She's got peeing down cold, but we're still having poopy accidents. For a time, she wasn't even trying. grrrr. Then she got the hang of it for awhile, now we're backsliding and I'm not sure what to do to help her again. It's sooo frustrating when you know they can do it but choose not to.

els-how long was your trip to NM? Must've been short. Wish I'd have known, I could've sent some goodies to you... Hey how about you be my life coach? I don't know how you can sense so much about us all, but it seems you always hit the nail on the head when it comes to me. Your intuitiveness is most definitely a gift! :

I know I'm missing lots of you for personals, but I'll give you smoochie boochies.

Heading out to Ohio in the morning. Will be back Sunday. My sis and nephew's birthdays are this weekend, so off to celebrate with them! Take care mamas!
#259 of 316 Old 04-25-2007, 06:00 PM

Just realized we'll be in Juice's neck o'the woods. Will send a big flying kiss your way, mama!:
#260 of 316 Old 04-25-2007, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggetsmom View Post

Smoothie bootchies
Just want to point out Nugget's variation on the theme: smoothie bootchies! Not sure what it is, but it sounds yummy!
(teasing you mercilessly nugget)

Sherri, I know! Just come down here and I'll coach you over some nice margaritas. I'll only pull out the pulque in case of emergency. Like, if you needed to, say, purge some demons...

:
#261 of 316 Old 04-25-2007, 06:07 PM

HEY!!! I'M PINK!!! HOW did that happen??? I have always had a mag subscription but I thought it was something else to be pink?

*tee hee*
I'm just tickled.
Pink.
#262 of 316 Old 04-25-2007, 06:23 PM

now els....change your seen-yer member title to something fabu to go with your pinkness!!

sherri--send me the linky to the snapfish album that would be great! Just a hint....we'll be going to maine the second week in august for the rest of forever so you're always welcome! : have fun in ohio!

With all the : of the past year w/ the girlies, I am so very thankful that the pottying has been a breeze since last august. : I guess that is one break I'm glad to have caught! I think C is one of the few in her 2's turning 3 class at school that is pt'd.

speaking of smoothies....I can't for the life of me actually make one and and drink it as I have two girlies who will beg and whine til they get to "share" which usually leaves me with fruit lumps at the bottom of the cup and nothing more!

this day is just dragging by.....I blame it on the rain....

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#263 of 316 Old 04-25-2007, 07:53 PM

PL- we haven't even started here. Everyone once in a while I offer for him to try sitting on his potty, but the answer is always a concerned "no??????." We'll go diaperless this summer, and hopefully get the whole thing under way.

turning 3- I was originally thinking of a big bash this year, but L is SUPER SUPER clingy right now, and does not do well in groups. So we're just gonna have the grandparents and uncles again this year. I guess 4 will be the first big party.

Lisa- thinking of you and your kittie and your fam.
#264 of 316 Old 04-25-2007, 10:45 PM

Quote:

Sherri, I know! Just come down here and I'll coach you over some nice margaritas. I'll only pull out the pulque in case of emergency. Like, if you needed to, say, purge some demons...

:
Got me some of them, so bring on the pulque!! :
#265 of 316 Old 04-25-2007, 10:58 PM

Awaiting elsanne's seen-yer-pinkness...
title.
#266 of 316 Old 04-25-2007, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

you guy are too much.

Lisa- I wanted to respond but your cat situation is just so sad. I think you're doing the right thing, but that doesn't make it any easier. I lost my cat last year and it was extremely difficult, and we're still mourning her loss. I guess I just wanted to offer my sympathies and support during this really difficult time. Enjoy those cuddles and know you're doing the most compassionate act you can for your good friend.

{hug}
#267 of 316 Old 04-25-2007, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherfeather View Post
now els....change your seen-yer member title to something fabu to go with your pinkness!!
Someone please 'splain me how to do this. I looked at all my edit options and see no "edit title" option.
#268 of 316 Old 04-25-2007, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah'sMama View Post
Got me some of them, so bring on the pulque!! :
: : :
#269 of 316 Old 04-26-2007, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Someone please 'splain me how to do this. I looked at all my edit options and see no "edit title" option.
it's under "Edit Profile"

in the optional information box.
custom user title.
#270 of 316 Old 04-26-2007, 08:06 AM

You can put up an avatar, too.

your pinkness should last one year. Happy Birthday!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page