Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's the link to the old thread.

Good Morning Everyone!

(I hope I didn't mess it up this time!)
#2 of 316 Old 04-01-2007, 01:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(or in our case, two more months to three... : )

~c
#3 of 316 Old 04-01-2007, 01:43 PM

I was thinking the same thing (wrt thread title). And I was wondering... do we move to the Childhood Years at 3, or is it older?

I did all my catching up (and complaining about the germiness of our trip) on the March thread. You *really* don't want to miss that.

My children are *LOUD* this morning. Or maybe some of the fog is starting to lift from my ears. (My dad told me that I spoke very loudly the whole week.
#4 of 316 Old 04-01-2007, 01:59 PM

OMG, KK my kids are freaking out loud, too. :

Lisa, so sorry to hear about Annabel's illness! So scary! I can't even imagine. thinking of you all, sending get will vibes.

We are getting ready to go to a birthday party in a little while. Might that have something to do with my kids bugging out? Duh.

Jett screaming. Gotta run. Oy.
#5 of 316 Old 04-01-2007, 04:10 PM

What?? I'm sorry, I can't hear you, it's way too loud over here. What's up with the need to yell all the time?

Allison has figured out that she can use words manipulatively. She came to me in the kitchen, looking sad, and said, "*pathetic little fake cough* Mama, I have a cough." I just looked at her. "Mama, *hem, hem* I have a cough. I need chocolate." :

I'll tell you who needs chocolate, kid.
#6 of 316 Old 04-01-2007, 04:44 PM

Yay for emmalola being the one to start the thread!

And juice? WherEVER did she get the idea that when one feels poorly, one eats chocolate?
#7 of 316 Old 04-01-2007, 08:09 PM

Hey all,
Thanks for starting us up, EL.

I think we should stay in Toddlers a little while longer...isn't Childhood too old for us (or am I just delusional?) But, wherever y'all want to go is fine with me. I will follow.

KK-sorry you were all so sick. Yes, I have a feeling the germy park was part of it. Sorry 'bout that. G's feverish Friday turned into nothing. He didn't even take a nap today, so he seems all over it. Go figure. He's done this before. He just has a bad fevery day and then gets over it. Whatever his body is fighting, it either does it quickly or decides it's not worth it.

Midwife appt. was yesterday. All is well. I really like her. Baby's heartbeat was good; smart baby kept trying to move away from the doppler!

I meant to answer the earlier question about celebrity crushes. This is one of those areas where I must : I've had crushes on celebs since I was a teenager and I've only gotten slightly better. I think I used it in HS to avoid the fact that I didn't date. Anywho, for pure looks, I have a thang for Matthew McConaughey. I've also been *this close* to him in person from our days in Texas and that was awesome. But, I also love many others, including John Cusack, Ben Stiller, Patrick Dempsey and Tom Cruise (though not so much that he's been doing so many wacky things in his personal life). My guilty pleasure is reading celebrity mags...so there ya have it.

Okay, gotta go to work for a staff meeting! At least I get paid.
#8 of 316 Old 04-01-2007, 10:03 PM

isaac and i just colored some eggs and decorated them with disney princess jewels and stickers. we are *waaaaaay* into snow white over here. we read snow white and peter pan nightly.

we met with the doula today to talk birth plan. that was after a morning tromping around home depot and lowes arguing about every single aspect *possible* in creating a laundry room. the only thing we don't have different visions for is the cabinetry because it is going to match our kitchen cabinets. oh such fun. the reason we moved into this house instead of adding on to our old one (which had a georgous lot) was because we knew we would never survive such a major house project. i could get really into griping about the specifics but i'll spare ya'll we are both sooooooo stubborn. every single thing doug wants is bottom of the line cheap. and that is just not my approach. i actually want to *like* it. we need to go to the rebuilding center and look at sinks and doors :

napping has been scarce this weekend. none yesterday and maybe an hour today. and i am exhausted. i was up from 12:30 to 3am last night with insane uterine pain. can braxton hicks be painful enough to wake you from a sound sleep??? i never felt them with isaac. i don't know what was going on but i thought i was going into labor. and my stomach muscles just feel kind of 'sore' today. it was so strange and surreal since i was half asleep and convinced the full moon was doing it to me. i was awake enough to sit on the side of the bed for a while because i couldn't lay down comfortably. WIERD

it feels more like 2 months until 3 for us too since we are so close to the end of the month

kk - glad your trip was fun but man you got it in the illness department eh? mega drag.
#9 of 316 Old 04-01-2007, 10:05 PM

Emmalola, how are you feeling? Things going ok now?

Yay for heartbeats! And kiddos getting over fevers quickly.

KK, sorry you had a sickie week. Yuck.

Celebrity crushes: for me, it's all about the Depp. Although I think Heath Ledger is pretty gorgeous, too. Just don't tell Johnny I said so.

The chicks have doubled in size in three days. It's spooky. And yes, KK, we are raising them for the eggs. We're holding them a lot in hopes they will be nice, though, so they count as pets. DH built the world's most solid henhouse this week for them, with cedar shingles and everything. It's kind of funny how hard he worked on it.

Ok, must go help in the kitchen. Did I mention how nice it is having my mom here cooking for us? :

TTFN
#10 of 316 Old 04-01-2007, 10:26 PM

i wish someone was here cooking for me! doug will go in spurts of cooking dinner and he is NOT in one right now unfortunately so it is allllllll me. i feel tired and uninspired lately! i foresee him never feeling the need to cook again after i am 'not working.' maybe i am projecting future paranoia onto the present i guess i should check my 'taters in the oven.
#11 of 316 Old 04-01-2007, 10:35 PM

Posting to see if I am "banned".
#12 of 316 Old 04-01-2007, 10:36 PM

Nope!
#13 of 316 Old 04-01-2007, 10:36 PM

What's for dinner here? Peanut butter & honey sandwiches! Boooring!
#14 of 316 Old 04-01-2007, 10:47 PM

Subbing and reading along, but that's pretty much it these days. : C's eval last week left more questions than answers. : ..........

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#15 of 316 Old 04-01-2007, 11:00 PM

Heath, details, please.

Cannot just leave us like that.
#16 of 316 Old 04-01-2007, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
Heath, details, please.

Cannot just leave us like that.
: What's up?
#17 of 316 Old 04-01-2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsarahb View Post

Celebrity crushes: for me, it's all about the Depp.
Yeah, I like him too. Can't believe I forgot.

Heather, sorry you feel lacking after your visit. Update us when you can.

P.S. This is the first time I've ever quoted someone successfully....I'm so impressed with myself.
#18 of 316 Old 04-01-2007, 11:57 PM

Subscribin, baby!
I, too, am all about the Depp!
(well, Depp, Davey, Jade, Hunter, okay, ALL of AFI...sorry, the fangirling is HUGE right now...I was watching I Heard a Voice, their concert video tonight. :
I, too have always had celebrity crushes. My first? Sigourney Weaver, baby!

Heather, hope to hear more when you're feeling up to it!

Elsanne, banned? Do tell!

I will write more tomorrow morning (being the Morning Goddess and all...am I still, even though I haven't posted as faithfully as I used to? I usually only post in the morning...) but I wanted to say I you all!

MMF!
#19 of 316 Old 04-02-2007, 12:05 AM

Please do be our sunshine greeter of the 'morn.

I read about april fool's day mdc "banned" some members, meaning put "banned" as a senior title. wanted to check.
#20 of 316 Old 04-02-2007, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
Please do be our sunshine greeter of the 'morn.

I read about april fool's day mdc "banned" some members, meaning put "banned" as a senior title. wanted to check.
I am honored to be the morning greeter!
Oh! April Fool's Day! I totally forgot! Oh poop! My younger brother-in-law's birthday is today!!! :
#21 of 316 Old 04-02-2007, 10:21 AM

No Way!!! We go to the Childhood Years when they turn 3??? When did this happen, mamas?? :
So I wrote that above sentence like an hour ago, because Rowan came over and dragged me ito the living room. Not to play, not to read, but to sit, while he watched Caillou. He didn't even sit with me! He just wanted to make sure I was there, I guess, after being away from me for a couple of days. DH took him to the IL's Friday and they came home yesterday afternoon. I was like, "WOOHOO!" But I also missed them terribly. I needed the time though. Of course, not 15 minutes after they got home, Rowan was tearing around the house, freaking the f*ck out. Going from a nice quiet house with just a cat for company to my certifiable child and gross-meat-bingeing DH (not two days after watching all this stuff about why we should NOT be eating mass-produced meat, he pretty much ate crap ALL WEEKEND. : What the...?) was just I actually walked outside after dinner (that no one ate!) to keep from losing my proverbial shiznit.

But things calmed down considerably later that evening, Rowan got a bath (don't even get me started about how the whole weekend away he NEVER got bathed. ) and we sat down and read stories and cuddled till he nursed and went to sleep.

This morning has been pretty quiet, and soon I am making the little poop turn off the TV so we can go run an errand or two, then meet my best friend for lunch.

So, have a great day everymama! I am, if not posting evcery day, at least going to read every day so I don't get lost like I did last month! Haha.

I just changed my kitchen calendar over this morning. hehe. And I realized that we are seeing Laurie Berkner Saturday (after buying tix months ago!). DH and I made a vow to meet the woman and BEG her to make a new DVD, because the one we have? It's driven us INSANE.

Much love to my mamas!

ETA: Dude, whoever first mentioned needing that time in the morning? Um, YEAH. I am seriously out of whack if I don't get it, like today for instance!
Most days Rowan is cool with me checking my email and posting here, at least...other days, yeah.
Anyway, there with you. I need that coffee cup to be half full first thing in the morning!
#22 of 316 Old 04-02-2007, 05:09 PM

Good afternoon, everymama.

I feel like sitting around in my jammies all day- haven't changed yet.

Work is getting interesting. We have a new client who is in crisis and a suicide risk. She has to be line-of-site (which means we can see her at all times), unless she is in her room awake (where we have to document a check-in every half hour), or alseep for the night. At night we have to have two staff instead of one, to sleep near each exit. While this sounds crazy, she is actually very sweet and mellow most of the time. She is not a risk to others, and is safe to be around the kids. The extra staffing is good both because it bumps me up from 31 hours a week to 42, and because I have a lot less work to do, because I am usually single-staff large portions of my shift. I'm now doing a shift from Fri afternoon to Sunday morning. I am looking forward to my bigger paychecks- we are a even more pinched than usual with the new addition.

W and I were sick at work this weekend, but got better before we came home. L has a horrible diaper rash due to the antibiotics he's on for double ear infections and a penis soar. We put him in the bath after every time he gets diahrea (which is 3-4 times a day), but he got the rash anyway. Sigh. L is doing very well in the eating department, though (currently eating some yogurt as I type, to fend off yeasties in the diaper rash). W is healthy, happy, wiggly, smiley, and getting chunky.

I have some major mending to do of my relationship with dh, though. I take out my stress on him, and if he doesn't take care of L the way _I_ want him to when I'm gone, I chew him out. I've been aware of this for some time, but I seem unable to break the pattern. He's getting pretty tired of me not appreciating all that he does (his words), and I don't blame him. It's easy to take him for granted because he's so dedicated to our family. : : :

KK- I hope that your voice will mend now that your earache is better and you don't find your self speaking at high volume.

Jess- I don't think I ever wished you a happy birthday. I haven't forgotten about the birthing ball- will try to get it to you soon. I really hope those are just bh contrax. Yipes! I never really had strong ones, but I think I might be abnormal.

Juice- chocolate cures everything.

Jacqueline- I get that same message about posting when I log on to my reflux board, about once every three months.

I would kind of like to stay in toddlers , but then I always want to linger as long as possible in any particular stage.
#23 of 316 Old 04-02-2007, 07:17 PM

I think they're toddlers until 4.
#24 of 316 Old 04-02-2007, 08:04 PM

I think they should be toddlers forever *sniff*
Oh, wait, until they look at me defiantly and say, "NO!" and run away laughing. But then they get sleepy and cuddly and I think they should be toddlers forever again.

Fiddle, I had to go to work so I had to get dressed, but I put my jammies back on as soon as I walked in the door. The really comfy ones with the ever-growing hole in the butt seam

I either missed or forgot (or both) what your work situation is. My powers of observation lead me to believe it's mental-healthy and that you can take your babe to work. LMK if I'm wrong. Yay for more hours if that's not stressful, the $ are always nice.

The Dh stress and "proper parenting" thing... it's hard, isn't it? Only now, after baby #3, am I really able to just let him do his thing and truly not be bothered by it. Of course, it also seems that only after baby #3 does he realize that letting them sit on the floor and cry while he does something else is not really what we're about as parents... Anyway I can relate. Knowing it's an issue is a huge step.

And Renae, i *need* that time in the morning. Need it.
#25 of 316 Old 04-02-2007, 08:20 PM

I thought I was not very behind on reading, but then there was the NEW THREAD. Ha! April Fools!

Must mediate child interactions...
#26 of 316 Old 04-02-2007, 08:35 PM

I know that "out in the world" toddlerhood goes through 3 (ie, lasts till the day you turn 4), but I kind of think that at MDC it's different. I have been wrong before, though.

I'm feeling all glowy today: (1) an old friend of ours visited this weekend (with his boyfriend), and it was so nice seeing him. And life is going really well for him/them right now, and it makes me happy. (2) We found out that the new minister at our fellowship will be someone who was a member of our old church in CA (small world!). And she's phenomenal. (*And* I think it will be good for her, too. )

I forgot that I have always had an unwavering crush on Jodie Foster. She rocks. I'll bet she's a good mom, too.
#27 of 316 Old 04-02-2007, 08:45 PM

Wow. This whole time I have been thinking "toddler" ends at 3, then becomes "preschooler." But MDC is different because "childhood years" is not the same as "preschooler." Hmmm.

Oooh, Jodie Foster.
#28 of 316 Old 04-02-2007, 08:52 PM

celebrity girly crush: drew barrymore

definitely toddlers for me through the 3 year old year and maybe into 4.

juice: fiddle's work situation is in an adult home for people with developmental disabilities (i think that's how she would describe it). she's also a first-aid instructor now. her dh also works in the same group home.

els: can i just say i miss you? don't know why, seeing as i've met you all of... oh... one time. but i miss your posts and being privy to your life stuff. but i guess that means you are busy BEing in your life with your life stuff and with your girlies.

must go rescue all done pooping boy from potty...

~claudia

eta: S is *almost*almost*almost* crawling. like up on the hands and knees and occasionally accidentally moving legs and arms in the right combo. blows my mind.
#29 of 316 Old 04-02-2007, 08:58 PM

i don't *feel* like i have a toddler anymore. too much sprinting around and not enough 'toddling' of course there are still those moments when i have *no idea* what he is saying and i am reminded that maybe he still is a toddler. there is nothing toddler left in his appearance though. no rubber band ankles and male pattern baldness. someone replaced my baby with a lanky kid whose pants are almost all too short right now. we need summer to get here so we can wear shorts! i think most of last year's will still fit.

i bought a door today and more importantly i bought a door that I wanted!! ha. i hope i am going to love it. of course they didn't have the actual door there for me to view but it has all the qualities i am sure i will love....like it is real wood and double glazed : now i am working on the sink. we went to hippo, rebuilding center and rejuv today and i am convinced that fixing an old sink costs the same as buying a new one. with more hassle of the funky plumbing. except there is one cute little one for $45 at the rebuilding center that just might win. then we will only have to argue about flooring and countertops :

no more wierd pains last night. tg. i slept like a rock until 5am and then got up because i was sooooooo awake. i HATE that.

i have been wearing the same pair of pants for 3 days now. maybe because they FEEL like pajamas! my maternity jeans are too tight now. sadness.

good news on bigger paychecks beth (and i got your message about getting a ride several days too late ) all we get on our answering machine usually are mortgage refinancing calls so i hardly check it. sorry!!

ok. must pay bills. daycare and the mortgage on the 1st of the month. always like hurking up a hairball.
#30 of 316 Old 04-02-2007, 09:06 PM

agreed on drew barrymore. doug loooves her and right when we first started dating we saw her at a show in LA. she was amazingly petite and AMAZINGLY beautiful. like glowing. she had daisies in her hair. i had no idea from tv that she is probably a full 5 inches shorter than me.

and if you want to move more out of celebrity crushes into celebrity obsessions mine is courtney love. : i'm a mega fan. she's nutso. like totally crazy but there's a really intelligent woman hiding behind the obnoxious behavior. she's been posting on the internet again lately....and i looove reading her posts. she used to post a lot on her own message board. mad rants which she would then delete. she's still ranting but purportedly sober.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page