Mothering Forum banner

DS prefers mama

393 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Qestia 
#1 ·
My DS has, of lately, put up a huge stink about hubby changing him. NOOO!! MOMMY DO!! I'm a SAHM and ds loves his mama. He has an obvious preference for me (especially when it comes to soothing him). DH feels rejected although I feel that this is very common. Anyone else with similar situations?

#2 ·
I'm there with you. Things have gotten worse since dd2 was born. I try to accomodate as much as possible but sometimes Daddy has to do. There are a few things I don't compromise on for instance I always lay down with her for awhile at bedtime. I've noticed that the more mama time I can give her the more accepting she'll be of dh.

#3 ·
lately in our house it's dada dada dada dada. Apparently I do not know how to pour milk or juice into a sippy cup properly, DS throws a fit if I even try (unless DH is not home, then it's fine). The only thing I'm allowed to do anymore is tuck him in at night. Not read him a story or any of that--just put the blanket on him after DH has done everything else. Who knows? I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.