Aug '05 Mamas - Bring on the May Flowers! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 110 Old 05-14-2007, 12:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Chasmyn! where you go..haven't heard from ya in awhile..

I told DH to accept you on flicker...he's the one who uploads pictures on there..I prefer Webshots.com myself.=)

I have facebook too...from back in college...my email on there is [email protected] if you want to add. =)

I agree with chasym, "this is one fantastically GOR group of kiddos"!:

Is it true, riverundine, you're pregnant?!? Or did I read that too fast..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 110 Old 05-14-2007, 01:12 AM

congrats riverundine! hope you enjoy your time on the east coast! I'm in connecticut.

nonny- i think it was your question about toddler's eating habits changing...I have noticed this with both my boys (4 1/2 and 19 months) sometimes it seems as if they eat for days at a time without stopping - and then....nada. I find sleep patterns coincide with these eating spurts - and then boom in the next size of clothes.

And it really does smooth out with the two kiddo's, or it changes anyway. There are still times I feel ds1 is sitting by himself while I'm nursing or putting Jack down for a nap. The whole process has really made me assured of choosing AP practices because everyone seems to be surviving and thriving.

Funny (to me) side story - I'm really working on weaning Jack in a gentle way. I don't outright refuse but I am offering a million other choices and it is going so-so. I would really like to end it because I don't feel like I have much left. GOing on pregnant,nursing,m/c'ing,pregnant,nursing for over 5 years now and I'm ready for a break. It is funny - people either can't believe I'm still doing THAT or he's too young to wean. I just don't talk about it much and it will work out as everything does.

ANyway, I was telling Jack that the boobs were going away for the night and they would wake up with the sun. Harry (my oldest) said Mommy, maybe when he is two you can stop but he still needs it. I have no idea where he got the two age from as he is not around breastfeeding talk and we are not around other nursing toddlers.

Anyway, he has made the comment a number of times now and it really keeps me
#63 of 110 Old 05-14-2007, 01:17 AM

Wow-congrats Jeremy!!! I'll be sending sticky vibes to your baby! Yay!

Happy mamas day, everyone! Hope you were treated like the goddesses you all are. Cheers!

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
#64 of 110 Old 05-14-2007, 01:19 AM

#65 of 110 Old 05-14-2007, 01:26 AM

Yay, Jeremy! Sending love and light to you - hoping all goes well. :

Mama to A 8/05 and S 11/06
#66 of 110 Old 05-14-2007, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmlife View Post
And it really does smooth out with the two kiddo's, or it changes anyway. There are still times I feel ds1 is sitting by himself while I'm nursing or putting Jack down for a nap. The whole process has really made me assured of choosing AP practices because everyone seems to be surviving and thriving.
So true. As dh was away for these last two weeks, I feel even more ap than normal. Naps and bedtime have both become all three of us snuggled into one bed (b/c I didn't have enough hands to do the traditional 'Adam goes into his bed' after we rock, etc.), and even last night and tonight I've done that - everyone is happier, and tonight I even picked Adam up after Sarah fell asleep nursing and tucked him into his bed with Pooh Bear. He snuggled right in and I haven't heard a peep from him. So we'll see how it goes, but it has been lovely snuggling with my kiddos so much. I had gotten away from it as much, what with separating the kids' routines. They're both napping and going to bed at the same times now, so that makes it really nice for all of us.

#67 of 110 Old 05-14-2007, 02:48 AM - Thread Starter

Yay!!! Congratulations riverundine!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridgeart View Post
Oooh...facebook. I too am an addict. I'm fridgeart at gmail dot com, if you want to add!!

I can't find you! Can you search for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulfaith View Post
They're both napping and going to bed at the same times now, so that makes it really nice for all of us.
That's fantastic! I hope it stays that way when DH returns.
#68 of 110 Old 05-14-2007, 02:57 AM

Congrats, Jeremy! Positive thoughts for a sticky baby!

I found out just this weekend that both my sister (37) and my niece (25) are pg with their first babies! Yeah and more yeah for lots of babies!

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
#69 of 110 Old 05-14-2007, 02:59 AM

Congrats on your first birth, Doula Kerri! I remember when I did my first homebirth (in the tub with the five kiddles watching!) I was on cloud nine for weeks!! I think that's what prompted me to *forget* to tell DH I was in a fertile phase when we concieved this little bun in the oven! :

Speaking of DH, he gave me some fun Mother's day presents... we went to a Birth and Baby fair over the weekend and he bought me a Bella Band and an Ergo carrier!! Since I'm already showing so much, he put Jonathan in the Ergo, and they both really liked it!

Books: I'm an English major, so I have to do a lot of required reading (yuck) but my guilty pleasure find last week is "Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife". Holy cow. Don't read it if you love the purity of Jane Austin, because I seriously doubt she would have approved, but if your fantasy life is in need of a boost... dig in!! I laughed and cried (Ok yeah, I'm pregnant...) and loved all the sex. One of my other favorite Mommy books is "Little Earthquakes" by Jennifer Weirner (sp?)... its a great story of four first time Moms.

OK, I said I'd get online and do school work, so I'll see y'all later!

28-year-old SAH/Homeschooling Mamma to DS5, DD3, DS16mo. Helpmeet to DH since 2003. TTC #4!
#70 of 110 Old 05-14-2007, 11:13 AM

Welcome indiemamma!

#71 of 110 Old 05-14-2007, 11:23 AM

Chasmyn, I just did a search for you, and nothing too. PM me your real name and I'll do it that way (anyone else want some more FB friends?

#72 of 110 Old 05-14-2007, 12:03 PM

Chasmyn and New Mama -- I gave up wheat, and do I feel marvelous! I have more energy and am not as tired. I feel stronger! Bliss. I've been eating lots of whole grains, veggies and no processed foods. My skin looks so much better, too!

Happy belated mother's day all! DH made me a big omelette. He had to work then, so O and I visited a friend's art studio. O colored with crayons while I looked at paintings. Then all 3 of us got a snack on the plaza where there was a drum circle (so we did some dancing, too!) and then we took a walk along peaceful and tree-filled woods. Ah....

Love to all!
hh
#73 of 110 Old 05-15-2007, 02:50 PM

We had a lovely Mother's Day here, too. Went with another family to a friend's place for a potluck brunch. Very relaxing and enjoyable.

About Facebook: I can't find you guys when I search by e-mail. My name is Skana Gee, and you should be able to find me by just searching for my name, then you can ask me to be your friend (if you so desire, of course!). Hope to hook up with some of you there.

Cheers for now.
#74 of 110 Old 05-16-2007, 04:19 AM

Yay!! Jeremy! Congratulations!!! I hope this baby sticks for you and your DH! Your 2 will be about 2 + years apart then. That's a nice spacing IMO.

wave.gifWoHM to reading.gif DD age 10, peace.gif DS age 7, and sleepytime.gif DD age 4 and DP toblueman.gif

#75 of 110 Old 05-16-2007, 05:19 PM

I've been away from the ocmputer for a few days...so trying to catch up on the reading.

I read that someone is gluten free - sorry I read fast and don't remember who.

Is there an edible brand of rice bread? I just bought a package and it bombed with ds. We are brand new to being gluten free - he's still eating spelt on Friday night and Sat. lunch.

I can relate to the long years of nursing. I've been pregnant and /or nursing non-stop since 1995.

I hope everyone had a good mother's day. On another note, I've reached 1/2 of 70 - and am not feeling my old age .

Rivka, mommy to 3 big boys and a set of b/g twins
#76 of 110 Old 05-16-2007, 06:57 PM

Congrats Jeremy!

I hope all goes well with your pregnancy!

JJ said his first sentence today! "This is a rock."

BOYS!

What's Facebook?

Mom to two boys, ages 8 and 11, and one blessing due May 8th.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

#77 of 110 Old 05-17-2007, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikva18 View Post
I can relate to the long years of nursing. I've been pregnant and /or nursing non-stop since 1995.
You are the WOMAN, Rivka!

I am filled with awe and respect.

This reminds me of a Stephen Colbert moment: he is the youngest of either 10 or 12 children. One night, he mentioned this and then rattled off their names in one breath. The audience went crazy, clapping. He looked at them sternly and said "I hope you are applauding my mother's womb." At home on my couch, I certainly was.

#78 of 110 Old 05-17-2007, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heldt123 View Post
JJ said his first sentence today! "This is a rock."
Cool!

#79 of 110 Old 05-17-2007, 12:51 AM

I missed Jeremy's announcement. Congratulations!!!!!!!

Do any of you watch American Idol? I am embarrassed to say that I did. The performance of "I, I Who Have Nothing" made me love that song, so I looked it up and saw that Shirley Bassey sang it in the 70s. I showed the video to O and she was rapt.

In the car later, I sang her as much of the song as I could recall.

Today, weeks later, she said "I Nothing!" and she wanted me to sing the song! So we listened to the Shirley Bassey CD and all 3 of us overdramatized the song and made fools of ourselves and had a great time dancing around the kitchen.

Here is the video. Please watch it if you can. It's out of this world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDUhkf3qYww
#80 of 110 Old 05-17-2007, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henhao View Post
Do any of you watch American Idol?
Nope, I'm a Survivor fan! That's the only TV show I watch regularly. :

Mom to two boys, ages 8 and 11, and one blessing due May 8th.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

#81 of 110 Old 05-17-2007, 06:55 PM

Quote:
I missed Jeremy's announcement. Congratulations!!!!!!!

Do any of you watch American Idol? I am embarrassed to say that I did. The performance of "I, I Who Have Nothing" made me love that song, so I looked it up and saw that Shirley Bassey sang it in the 70s. I showed the video to O and she was rapt.

In the car later, I sang her as much of the song as I could recall.

Today, weeks later, she said "I Nothing!" and she wanted me to sing the song! So we listened to the Shirley Bassey CD and all 3 of us overdramatized the song and made fools of ourselves and had a great time dancing around the kitchen.

Yes! American Idol fan here......

I'm rooting for Blake...I like his new style of music. Though I have a feeling Jordin will win.
#82 of 110 Old 05-17-2007, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikva18 View Post
I read that someone is gluten free - sorry I read fast and don't remember who.

Is there an edible brand of rice bread? I just bought a package and it bombed with ds. We are brand new to being gluten free - he's still eating spelt on Friday night and Sat. lunch..
New Mama and I both are. I like Food for Life's brown rice bread - we always toast it before eating and it's pretty good, IMO.
#83 of 110 Old 05-17-2007, 10:47 PM

Jeremy,
Congrats on the pregnancy! Woohoo.
That is so exciting.

As far as American idol- I like Blake too. I just think he is different and he has some slick moves.

- Kerri
#84 of 110 Old 05-18-2007, 01:16 AM

I've never seen American Idol : -- but a big hooray for the season finale of The Office! I think I'm giddy tonight...over fictional characters....

#85 of 110 Old 05-18-2007, 04:13 PM

I'm not an AI watcher either-my reality tv guilty pleasure is America's next top model (or Canada's next top model-woo hoo, starts in 2 weeks).

I can't remember who's son said "this is a rock", but how cute!!! The language development is crazy, once they get going, isn't it?

E is getting more reliable with using the potty-she seems to be able to anticipate pees, as long as there isn't anything too exciting going on to distract her. She's using it a few times a day at home, which is wonderful. It's nice not having to wash dipes all the time (even if I AM cleaning a lot more floors, lol).

Not much news here, other than I'm finally at my pre-preg weight!! Woo hoo. I can't believe it took so long. The wierd thing is, I started working out a lot less, like 2 or 3 times a week instead of 5?! I have been out gardening every day for a couple of hours, so maybe that's it?! Anyway, it is so awesome to fit into all my old clothes again. It's like having a whole new wardrobe, only one that's three years out of date, ha ha.

#86 of 110 Old 05-20-2007, 02:48 PM

fridgeart - congratulations!!! that's so exciting!
i was 5 lbs away when i found out i was with child...took a deep breath and here we go again .

we're still back east. laurel is enjoying herself immensely. we're at my mom's now. it's super laidback over here, but a major shift from the lap of luxury at dh's dad's. we went from his mom's farm in KY with 34 cats (she's a kitty angel) - super mellow and simple life - to his dad's mcmansion with the inground pool, jacuzzi, gym, and all the things i coveted as a child and still kindof do - to my mom's old farmhouse in suburbia that looks like the hippie haven of the neighborhood. she doesn't believe in mowers or "yards", so her "yard" is awesome, although i'm not sure the neighbors feel the same way . i'm mentally more comfortable at my mom's, but i really am missing the comfy bed and our own room at his dads, as well as the lack of mold. i always thought i was allergic to pgh, but i think i'm just allergic to my mom's house : . just gets me out more! 3 more days then back to tahoe!

more exciting news on the work front. i've just been promoted to master teacher through my college! i'm officially faculty. i've been given my first student and start june 1. it's also a WAHM job, as i teach the distance learning students, so very convenient and works well with our move to CO in the fall. dh has been pressuring me to get another job that pays better : , on top of or aside from my Ayurvedic practice in Reno 2x+/wk, and my WAHM field intern supervision. hopefully my business in reno continues to expand, this new position continues to go well, and the fact that i'm pregnant will get him to leave me alone. i really really don't want to bartend. his idea of me getting a job isn't me working at the health food store or anything else that pays less than $18/hr. he's wanting to increase the flow. which we need, but i love what i do and feel that the energy needs to stay there, and with laurel and the little grain of rice.
okay, thanks for letting me go off for a bit.
i have the house to myself for awhile and thought that it seemed like the perfect time to drop back in over here, see what you all were up to, and type type away.
oh - tonight my 2 wonderful friends from high school and i are all getting the kids watched by others and are going out! now, since i'm preg and one's not drinking we just have to figure out what exactly we want to do for a night out...

no fav shows here right now. dh and i get into top chef and hell's kitchen. we watched the first survivor, but that's cuz our friend was on it. loved american idol, but no time this time. i used to watch it when bartending. i'll watch that video when i get home. no speakers here.

books. finished the namesake on the first half of vaca. it was okay. i thought it was pretty slow, but fine. then i read the memory keeper's daughter and am recommending that one to all of you. wonderful book! dh's mom gave me midwife to read next, but it looks sad so i'm passing for now and sticking with uplifting while pregnant.

no advancement on pl-ing here. laurel still likes to pee on the potty sometimes. she pooed on the kitchen floor this morning.

i'm going to go take a really long shower...then off to the bead mine to make laurel a peridot necklace .

love to all

treehugger.gif river and mountain mama to two amazing dust.gif girls, homebirth.jpg 8.25.05 and h20homebirth.gif 1.13.08, and married to my soulmate of 18 yrs partners.gif

#87 of 110 Old 05-20-2007, 08:23 PM

Quote:

I don't watch American Idol (the only TV I watch now is "The Office") but I'd never heard of the song, so I had to check it out. Very cool!

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#88 of 110 Old 05-21-2007, 01:54 AM

Not much news here, other than I'm finally at my pre-preg weight!! -- That's news! Hooray for you!!

And Jeremy -- but i love what i do and feel that the energy needs to stay there, and with laurel and the little grain of rice -- sending you a hug - I hope that this works out as it should and I really hope that your business continues to expand and that your promotion is wonderful.

I just finished Barbara Kingsolver's new book - 'Animal, Vegetable, Miracle' - what an amazing book. I am going to bed tonight with a head full of things to think.

Adam is repeating more these days - my less-than-verbal child - and tonight he repeated his first sentence fragment! Dh told him "Up the stairs!" tonight when I was taking the kids up for a tubby, and he gurgles back "Uhduhstrs" with a big grin. We were so excited! He's beginning to put words together with pauses, sort of like sentences: "Eat. Adam. Eat." What makes them so funny is that he has very emphatic pauses between the words.

You know he's trying very hard to tell you....and I am trying so hard to be patient....but some days are harder than others. I occasionally murmur a prayer under my breath when I am *really* trying to be patient under circumstances where all I want to do is run screaming out of the house, not to return for several hours - and tonight when I was getting A's jammas on after the bath, he was kicking and goofing around when I just wanted to get them on, for Pete's sake, and go back downstairs. He could see I was getting frustrated as I raised my voice a little, and he just grinned at me and said "Aih may-un! Aih may-un!" to me ("Amen! Amen!") Do you think I've been praying for patience a little more often these days that my toddler needs to remind me that it's time to do so yet again....?!? It diffused the situation, and I laughed with him and we were all happy again - but got me to thinking that I just really need to work harder on that as the days go by.... I am by nature a patient person, but some days I would like to throttle my small dear.

Love to all.

#89 of 110 Old 05-21-2007, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulfaith View Post
Adam is repeating more these days - my less-than-verbal child - and tonight he repeated his first sentence fragment! Dh told him "Up the stairs!" tonight when I was taking the kids up for a tubby, and he gurgles back "Uhduhstrs" with a big grin. We were so excited! He's beginning to put words together with pauses, sort of like sentences: "Eat. Adam. Eat." What makes them so funny is that he has very emphatic pauses between the words.
Henry's just starting to put words together, too. I LOVE the pauses between syllables and/or words. His latest is "Funny." As in "Dad-dy. Fun-ny." Then he giggles this fake sort of giggle. Hearing him try to figure out the word "football" was adorable, too -- "Fut. Ball."

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#90 of 110 Old 05-21-2007, 04:32 PM

Happy Monday mamas!

Summer is here. . . finally! : It has been SO warm and sunny!! We planted our peas and our Marigolds and will plant our Lobelias today! Last Friday we went to the park and were there for 4 blissful hours. Here are some pics of C and K there. http://flickr.com/photos/48475213@N00/

I hope all of you are having nice summery weather.

~Andrya

wave.gifWoHM to reading.gif DD age 10, peace.gif DS age 7, and sleepytime.gif DD age 4 and DP toblueman.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page