Aug '05 Mamas - Bring on the May Flowers! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 110 Old 05-01-2007, 04:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been fairly quiet last month, but this month I am starting the new thread! Woohoo!

Kiernen had a tough day today when he was with DH. This morning while I was trying for some extra Zzzzs, he burned his finger - and got a huge blister - on our electric tea kettle.

Then this evening, also supervised by DH, he fell at the bottom of some cement steps and went headfirst into the edge of the step with his full weight. He has a HUGE bump on his forehead.

Thank the Universe for breastmilk and arnica!:
#2 of 110 Old 05-01-2007, 02:59 PM

Emily-your kids are adorable! Look at those smiles! I can't believe how big Sarah is--it probably doesn't feel like 5 months have whizzed by for you, but it feels like you were just telling us about her birth the other day...

Kate-congrats on NO dipes! Wow! We are in the every early stages of PLing (lots of reading on the potty, some naked time) and I can't wait for that day!

More later but I need to go work in the garden!

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
#3 of 110 Old 05-01-2007, 04:13 PM

Hey girls I'm just subbing to see how all your August 05 toddlers are growing! I got to play with surro-daughter a few weeks ago when she and her parents here were for the 'big US' for these babies. It was so much fun! She has grown SO much. She's not a 'baby' any more...sniff sniff. She's also working on PL'ing. Her mama is hoping to have it done and not have three under two in diapers when the twins arrive!

Do any of you have any sage advice to her about 'sibling rivalry'? She's concerned about how Ms. C is going to accept two new little interlopers in her world!

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#4 of 110 Old 05-01-2007, 08:40 PM

subbing

Rivka, mommy to 3 big boys and a set of b/g twins
#5 of 110 Old 05-01-2007, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridgeart View Post
Emily-your kids are adorable! Look at those smiles! I can't believe how big Sarah is--it probably doesn't feel like 5 months have whizzed by for you, but it feels like you were just telling us about her birth the other day...
Thanks! It doesn't feel like 5 months...it just feels like she's always been here, though - isn't that weird? Next week it will be 6 months - aagh! I put a bunch of photos on Yahoo last night - I have over 1000 on now, just since Adam was born... -- and it is so strange looking at photos from before Sarah was here --- I actually don't remember having all time or lap space or only one child around all that well. Weird! I keep meaning to write her birth story for her baby book - I haven't even done that yet, bad mama...

And - hi! Holly!! It's so nice to "see" you! Sage advice about sibling rivalry? Not sure I have any.... It feels like all I'm doing these days is reminding Adam that "Sarah gets to play with toys, too" and "You don't take Sarah's toys. Give her xyz back, please, and find your own xyz, please." ..... and so on and so forth. Although after she was born, I referred to her as "our baby" when I talked about her to Adam -- and today, when we were getting ready to leave a friend's house, he pointed to Sarah (who was on my friend's lap) and told me "Ah bee" - clearly telling me not to forget Our Baby. He was very self-righteous when I did, in fact, go and collect her after he told me so.

((Hugs)) for Kiernan and his poor fingers and head, too - ouch. :

Love to all.

Mama to A 8/05 and S 11/06
#6 of 110 Old 05-02-2007, 08:53 PM

Hi everyone!!!!
Just wanted to sub in and say hello
#7 of 110 Old 05-02-2007, 09:21 PM

Well, I'm actually taking the babies to the dr tomorrow for a well baby check up. They are slightly overdue for their 15 and 18 month check ups.:
I'm curious to see how big they are.

Tehila has almost all of her teeth and I'm not getting too close to Gedalya's mouth - a little bit too dangerous.

We're still nursing strong - day and night. I guess the only big news is Gedalya has started drinking out of a cup with a lid - before both babies emphatically refused to have anything to do with a cup. Tehila is still refusing.

They also have started shaking their heads for no and maybe even saying an approximation of no. Gedalya also likes to say "my ball" which sounds like a southerner speaking 'mah bahll'. Whatever GEdalya says, Tehila is pretty quick to imitate as well. They both definitely call each other by their names.

On another note:

What do you do to ease your stress? I'm dealing with a major crisis right now and really need to de-stress. What's worse is that there is no endin sight or solution to our problem.

#8 of 110 Old 05-02-2007, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikva18 View Post
They also have started shaking their heads for no and maybe even saying an approximation of no. Gedalya also likes to say "my ball" which sounds like a southerner speaking 'mah bahll'. Whatever GEdalya says, Tehila is pretty quick to imitate as well. They both definitely call each other by their names.

On another note:

What do you do to ease your stress? I'm dealing with a major crisis right now and really need to de-stress. What's worse is that there is no endin sight or solution to our problem.
I love your daughters' names!

Stress: It depends on the stress. I believe strongly that good can be found in every situation - even when I cannot see it immediately. Sometimes I just sit down and make lists of what could be good about _x_ .

I also make gratitude lists every night - three things I am grateful for and three things that brought me joy that day. It always makes me feel better.

Also happy music, a long shower, and MASSAGES. Yum!
#9 of 110 Old 05-03-2007, 02:34 AM

Hello Mamas!

I don't really have anything new to add, just wanted to pop in and say Hi. I hope you all are doing okay and enjoying the spring weather. We are ready for this warm weather. Yay!

wave.gifWoHM to reading.gif DD age 10, peace.gif DS age 7, and sleepytime.gif DD age 4 and DP toblueman.gif

#10 of 110 Old 05-03-2007, 10:38 AM

Actually Gedalya is a boy's name .
I'll have to try and make a list and see if I can find the good in this situation.

#11 of 110 Old 05-03-2007, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikva18 View Post

I go to bed when Henry does. Or sit in a coffee shop and read/people watch (I've been doing this every day while Henry sleeps in the stroller, and I can't tell you how luxurious it feels). Or ask DH to watch Henry so I can sleep in another hour or two.

Funny how my suggestions revolve around sleep and coffee...

I hope things get better and remember that we're always here for you.

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#12 of 110 Old 05-03-2007, 02:35 PM

tikva - I'm sorry you're going through a stressful time. My dh has difficulty handling stress and it can "bleed" over into the family energy. At these times, when I begin to feel stressed, I try to detach as much as possible while still staying compassionate and keep reminding myself how much of the situation I can really control. Then, I decide what, if anything, I can change and try to change it. The rest I let go of and express my feelings (sadness, frustration, anger) in an appropriate way.

I'm also lucky to have lots of outdoor outlets such as gardening, biking, walking as well as working out at the Y (with free childcare) so I feel I can "get away" if I need to.

I will keep you in my thoughts.

Chasmyn, how's Kiernan doing? Hope he's on the mend!

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
#13 of 110 Old 05-03-2007, 03:59 PM

What do you do to ease your stress?

Recently I've taken up working out-and I find a good run or a good workout makes me feel so much better. It is a definite "high" and I've found I deal with thing smuch better. I also find gardening and cleaning therapeutic?!
I also find that I cope with things better if I'm taking good care of myself--good food and decent sleep make for a happy mama--but it is really easy to forget about this when you're busy taking care of so many!!! Writing things down definitely helps too. GL-and hope you're doing okay!

#14 of 110 Old 05-03-2007, 04:12 PM

Popping in to say hi and subbing!! Happy May everyone! Justin is now 1 month and Christopher's still his cute whining self

Lack of sleep is getting to me, mamas. The 2 kids sleeps fine by themselves but when you add them together at night, it's horrible. One wakes up the other and Christopher takes awhile to get back to sleep AND no matter how late/early C sleeps, he wakes up at EXACTLY 7!! I'm so not a morning person...

The Office is such a ridiculously funny show, I love it! Watching/Reading something funny destresses me along with music, American Idol, 24, books, showers, and of course COFFEE! Speaking of coffee..I need one now...:yawn

Hang in there tikva, I agree with chasmyn, there's another a solution to every problem.

ktmama...wanna come over and help me potty train C? He looks at me like I'm growing a third eye when I put him on the potty...

Hope Kiernan is doing ok Chasmyn. I know how an injury can scare a mom, C fell down the front porch, even though he knows how to walk down stairs! I think he was daydreaming...:

Emily, Tell me how you get energy to last through the day and night with 2?! How is your kids' sleeping at night? Do you cosleep or share a family bed? We have a King family bed here and it's starting to not work out for us...but I don't have any other ideas.

MOTHER"S DAY is coming up this month!!!! I invited my neighbor friend and family over for dinner with us along with the parents for a little dinner...looking forward to that...

I need more things to look forward to.....my days and nights are sooooooooooooo long!:
#15 of 110 Old 05-03-2007, 10:52 PM

I'm feeling sad right now. Both boys are sick, and JJ hasn't nursed all day, and barely at all yesterday. He has asked for milk, but won't nurse, I think because of the stuffy nose. Is this it? I'm worried that I'll lose my milk....

I'll post more later. Getting ready for a yard sale tomorrow. That makes me feel sad too. I'm selling my maternity clothes, most of the baby stuff, etc... It just feels soooo wrong when I want more kids. *sigh*

De-stressing: hot baths, exercise, massages, stroller walks, deep breathing, and for me--Garage sale'n. :

Mom to two boys, ages 8 and 11, and one blessing due May 8th.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

#16 of 110 Old 05-04-2007, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsgrl84 View Post
Emily, Tell me how you get energy to last through the day and night with 2?! How is your kids' sleeping at night? Do you cosleep or share a family bed? We have a King family bed here and it's starting to not work out for us...but I don't have any other ideas.
Oh, hugs to you, Nonny. I think of you daily, and remember how it was when Sarah was a month old. You're not out of the woods yet, but I PROMISE it will get better. I started getting "good" when Sarah was about 3-3.5 months old. Not that my experience is the end-all, be-all of parenting two kids, but I really began to get it together around then. Adam was beginning to get a little more used to her and realizing that she wasn't going anywhere and he started to calm down a little. I began to realize that I was doing the best I could, that I was going to be just fine....
--And energy? Simply - like everyone else here, I do the best I can. Some days are great - my house is tidy, the kids are happy, and we eat beautiful, nutritious food and do stimulating, wonderful kid activities. Other days...well, let's just say Adam likes organic mac & cheese and is allowed to open any kitchen cupboard he wants while mama has another cup of coffee. On those days, I throw in a teaspoon of regular grounds with my decaf and pre-emptively apologize to Sarah for any issues I may cause by drinking a little caffeine. She just smiles at me and I know I am forgiven.
--And sleep? Better. Adam slept with us in the family bed until he was 10-11months, and from then, I started putting him to sleep in his own bed; he would come in with us at his first nightwaking. Now, he usually comes in at his second. The first, I'll do with him in his room - the second, I say to h@ll with it and bring him in... Sarah has an Arms Reach cosleeper next to the bed, and she starts off the night in there. I bring her in with me on her first nightwaking, and she nurses all night after that (4-5 times, typically). So I am not sleeping all that great, but here's my secret lately --- I make Sarah take a nap (as best I can) when Adam does --- and we all sleep together for 2 hours during the day, in mama's bed. I had tried for a few months to have "me" time during the day during A's naptime, and I was just too tired. So I am back to sleeping when they sleep during the day, and that is helping. Survival mode.
---Nonny, I know it's cliche, but take it one day at a time. You are going to have awesome days, and you are going to have days where you ask yourself why on God's green earth you spaced your kids this close and how on earth you are ever going to survive AND raise productive, happy, attached children at the same time. But I promise it gets better. Do you wear Justin? Put him in the Maya/Ergo/Moby/whatever you use and do your thing with Christopher. My Ergo and Moby are life-saving around here. And find things to do that you can look forward to on a daily basis!! Even if it's just a coffee from the Starbucks drive-thru, make sure there's something awesome for *you* every day. I promise promise promise it gets easier. Adam is beginning to try to play with Sarah, and he dances around the room laughing now because he knows it makes her laugh. When she laughs, he laughs harder and tries even harder to make her laugh again. I am so happy I get teary during these moments - I do not think there is anything better in my life than hearing my two children laughing together, with one another. You are going to experience this, too - in not so very long - so hang in there, and take good care of yourself, and don't get hung up on the silly things, and remember that it is going to get easier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And big to you, too, Rivka -- I hope that there is an end in sight or a solution to your situation soon, despite how it looks at the moment. I hope you can find some time to yourself during the day (I think I'm busy, and then I remember you have five....) to do whatever you can to de-stress a little.

And big to you, Jamie. I'm sorry it's hard clearing out the maternity/baby stuff.

And easing stress? Hmmmm... Napping. Reading. MDC. Phoning friends to wash dishes/do laundry together over the phone. Outside time has been great lately - we've been out daily, and I feel better than I have in months!
Can I just say again how glad I am it is spring?

Love to all.

#17 of 110 Old 05-04-2007, 05:24 PM

OMG mamas! I am losing my mind today. I just don't know why I bother to clean my house at all. Today I was cleaning the upstairs and I went down stairs to put laundry in the washer and found that C had dumped out the cat food all over, played in the litter box and strewn about clumps of cat poo and written on the front of the dryer with a permanent marker. : AHHHH!!! WHen did He do that and where the heck did he get the permanent marker?! Oh, how I wish that I could wink my eye and my house would self clean. Seriously, if I didn't enjoy having a clean home, I just would stop doing it all. I needed a break from the madness and jumped on MDC. Hooray for the internet and MDC!

Okay, deep breaths for me and off to fold laundry.

wave.gifWoHM to reading.gif DD age 10, peace.gif DS age 7, and sleepytime.gif DD age 4 and DP toblueman.gif

#18 of 110 Old 05-04-2007, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K's Mom! View Post
OMG mamas! I am losing my mind today. I just don't know why I bother to clean my house at all. Today I was cleaning the upstairs and I went down stairs to put laundry in the washer and found that C had dumped out the cat food all over, played in the litter box and strewn about clumps of cat poo and written on the front of the dryer with a permanent marker. : AHHHH!!! WHen did He do that and where the heck did he get the permanent marker?! Oh, how I wish that I could wink my eye and my house would self clean. Seriously, if I didn't enjoy having a clean home, I just would stop doing it all. I needed a break from the madness and jumped on MDC. Hooray for the internet and MDC!

Okay, deep breaths for me and off to fold laundry.

OOOHH wow...I can so relate to you!! C is being a very adventurous and curious toddler himself. He recently wrote on the carpet with crayons and wrote on the sofa with PEN! This has made me go out and get him that magic markers that only write on special paper. He has definitely stopped listening to me during the day and starts going through everything!
#19 of 110 Old 05-04-2007, 10:03 PM

K's mom, Nonny, et al: I feel your pain. E started saying "Evvie do it" to everything (hair brushing, doing up her carseat, you name it) today. And you know what? Evvie can't do it, lol...I think we're into the so-called terrible 2's...gulp.

On the plus side, E has used the potty 1-2 times a day since Saturday, and I think it's starting to click!!! She's even staying dry during naked time (except when the doorbell went tonight and startled her!).

#20 of 110 Old 05-06-2007, 01:43 AM

Hi! I'm subbing for the first time... I hang out with the Lactivists and the FAM boards and needed some buddies in this time of toddlers! I'm in school full time and expecting #2 in September. I sorta feel like my life is being planned for me... hmmm. Oh well, it isn't a boring ride!! Nice to meet you all!

28-year-old SAH/Homeschooling Mamma to DS5, DD3, DS16mo. Helpmeet to DH since 2003. TTC #4!
#21 of 110 Old 05-07-2007, 02:49 PM

I am sending out loving hugs to all who need them now.

To de-stress, I go for walks, write, vegetate in front of the television if I must, take a showe, drink tea.

What I would like to do is yoga, but it's really hard to do that with a toddler around. I'll probably end up taking a class.

Once our pool membership starts up this summer. I'll swim and that will help with stress, too.

Fridgeart-- I hear from lots of friends their children this age are saying that "X do it" about everything. O does not say it, but she does want to brush her hair and teeth on her own. It's tricky. I want to let her figure it out and also want it done well if it involves health (teeth).

Usually, I'll give her one toothbrush (or two t keep both of her hands busy!) and I'll used a third to get in there and brush. Lately, she wants to hold all three of them -- sigh--.

LOL As soon as I get 'smart' and figure out a way to brush her teeth, she skirts around it!

I don't know how you mamas of 2 babies do it. I greatly admire you folks! I am so tired with just one!
#22 of 110 Old 05-08-2007, 12:21 AM

Happy new week, all!

Only 5 more days until dh comes home. Today was Day 9, and I am One Tired Mama. I don't presume to compare myself to a single parent as I'm not working & arranging child care while also caring for the kids solo for these two weeks....but damn, is this hard. I was raised by a single mom, and I have a whole new outlook this week on exactly how difficult it must have been for her. Amazing. Even harder is the weather is topsy turvy (we're indoors again x 2 days) and the kids both have colds so we couldn't go on our road trip to WI as planned Lord willing, we're going to town tomorrow and we'll have lunch and go to Target, I think. That is always fun.

I have been trying to make time to read these days, especially late at night after the kids go to bed. I just finished "Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortenson. Anybody read it? I splurged on Amazon this morning and ordered Barbara Kingsolver's new book and one I hadn't read yet by Anne Lamott. What are you all reading lately?

Love to all.

#23 of 110 Old 05-08-2007, 12:30 AM

Emily, hang in there girl! I must admit that I kind of like that one week a year when dh goes out of town for his annual conference. : Just me and my girls then...

Anyway, I'm reading a great book called Paris to the Moon about a New York couple who lived in Paris for five years raising their baby son there. I'm a bit of a, well, not a Francophile, exactly, but I do love all things Parisian and dream of living there or somewhere else in France some day. So I love books about Americans living in France. I'm also a bit of a magazine nut these days since I discovered that my library gives old issues away for free and puts them out on Wednesday morning - the same morning as storytime!

In other news, after two weeks at the Y, I've dropped five pounds! I'm having fun taking Pilates and yoga and playing basketball in the gym in addition to lifting weights. I still would like to lose another ten pounds or so, but mostly I'd just like to be *firmer*. Can I get an "amen" from the choir?

A is now saying "home" when we drive up into the driveway. She says it like, "ommmm".

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
#24 of 110 Old 05-08-2007, 02:20 PM

Reading: the new Kate Atkinson. I am not a fan of the genre (it's her first "mystery") but I love the way she writes. I'm also reading "The Penelopiad" by Margaret Atwood. I didn't know Barbara Kingsolver had a new one out-I'll have to get it!
On a non-fun reading level, I am reading the Sears Discipline book.

#25 of 110 Old 05-08-2007, 03:46 PM

Henhao~ C also likes to do teethbrushing by himself. BUt, I'm fairly positive that sucking the paste off the bristles constitutes as a good brushing. So, what I do is the "let's take turns" tactic. C gets to brush first for about 1 min. then momma does it for 1 minute and then C finishes. Have you tried this? It seems to be the solution that works for us.

Books~ Hmm. .I'm "reading" (grazing though) a few different. I'm reading Soul Sounds by Mary Summer Rain, How To listen So Kids Will Talk . . . by A. Faber & E. Mazlish, and Raising Boys by Steve Biddulph. I just finished the most recent of Jenny McCarthy's books, Life Laughs. It was very blunt and absolutely hilarious, stating the truths of real life marriage and motherhood!

Welcome Indiemomma!

I hope you all have a lovely Tuesday. . I'm going to go battle my messy house once again. Hopefully this time I'll actually conquer the mess!

#26 of 110 Old 05-08-2007, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmama View Post
Emily, hang in there girl! I must admit that I kind of like that one week a year when dh goes out of town for his annual conference. : Just me and my girls then...
I hear ya!! The first week was awesome. I love just being 1:1 with the kids and when dh is gone, I say to heck with the bedtime routine as I only have two hands ... and both kids just come to bed with me without trying to put everyone down in different places with different routines. Also, we eat things like pancakes for dinner & grilled cheese for breakfast. Yeah!

ETA: Hooray for you at the Y!

#27 of 110 Old 05-08-2007, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K's Mom! View Post
Henhao~ C also likes to do teethbrushing by himself. BUt, I'm fairly positive that sucking the paste off the bristles constitutes as a good brushing. So, what I do is the "let's take turns" tactic. C gets to brush first for about 1 min. then momma does it for 1 minute and then C finishes. Have you tried this? It seems to be the solution that works for us.
We do that, too!

#28 of 110 Old 05-08-2007, 10:52 PM

Hmmm...reading. Well, my latest obsession is gluten intolerance/celiac disease. I am having Henry's stool tested since I suspect it runs in my family (and DH's). I'm on my fourth book on the subject in about three weeks. Right now I'm reading "Dangerous Grains." It's actually pretty interesting!

We have trouble with tooth-brushing, too, though I'm finding that if I explain to Henry why we need to clean his teeth he's a bit more agreeable (and tonight I picked out a small piece of food with the flosser, so then he let me floss the rest of his teeth!).

Henry can't say, "Henry do it," but his version is "HEN-NY!"

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#29 of 110 Old 05-09-2007, 01:34 PM

Hey Mamas. I thought I would pop on for a quick sec to let you all know that I'm alive and well and always lurking.

I've been back at work for two months now (three days a week) and, while not without its challenges, it has gone fairly smoothly. I wouldn't be able to do it full-time, that's for sure. At any rate, Tova and Griffin (when he's not at school) seem to like the sitter and she is very kind and patient and fun-loving. I'm enjoying being at work and feel productive while I'm there. And so far my health is holding up, so here's hoping that will continue. It's almost exactly a year since I had that brutal bout with mastitis and ended up in hospital. We are still nursing, I'm happy to say -- usually two-three times a day when I'm working and three-four times on the days I'm home.

Tova is doing great and I'm finding this to be such a fun age. She is talking more and more now (my silent one has become a Chatty Cathy) and picking up and exploring words every day. The cling factor has subsided a bit, and that makes life more enjoyable. She's found she really enjoys sitting in our armchair and "reading" to her stuffed lab Archie or her Teddy, and that lets Mommy get a few things done for a chance, which is nice. We are loving being outside in this fabulous weather and I feel so rejuvenated when the sun is shining. Our only problem now is that little miss runner hates to hold hands -- and she is quick. I got her a backpack/harness thingy (it's a unicorn) and that seems to be working out OK, although she hated it at first and I wasn't all that fond of it either . I'd rather hold hands since I figure I can prevent falls better that way, but oh well. She still rides in the Ergo but doesn't care to unless she's totally pooped.

Griffin broke his arm about three weeks ago and will have his cast on for another three weeks. Not fun, but he is a trooper. He fell off his bike -- I've never broken a bone, despite always being a "sporty" person, but I suppose it's something of a right of passage.

I was raised by a single mom, and I have a whole new outlook this week on exactly how difficult it must have been for her. Amazing.

Me, too, Emily and I know exactly what you're saying. I remember thinking often after my spirited son was born "how did my mom do it?"

Congrats to the folks who are getting healthy/active. I find I'm getting less exercise now since Tova wants to walk everywhere, but I do walk back and forth to the harbour ferry (about 20 minutes) on work days. Weight isn't so much of an issue, but I do find I'm carrying about five extra pounds right around my middle. Yuck. I went to put on a pair of pants that fit last summer and they were too snug. I hate that. I'm short (5 ft. 3) so every pound makes a difference.

Reading is my passion, too (along with people-watching over a nice Starbucks latte) and I'm in a great book club. We just finished Alligator by Lisa Moore, a Newfoundland author (really liked it) and we're just starting Custodian of Paradise by another Newfoundlander, Wayne Johnston. I'm a big fan of his other books, too. We read Martin Amis's London Fields a couple months ago but I have to say I didn't really care for it. Still reading Dr. Sears's Baby Book for the advice on two-year-olds.

And now my big confession: part of the reason I haven't been posting here is that I'm now on Facebook and I'm afraid I've become a bit obsessed. Everyone at work is on it and we have a Daily News group, so that's fun, but I've also been able to connect with some old friends this way -- it's a bit like TV in that it's kind of a mindless time-passer. And addictive. Luckily I watch very little TV. Just The Office, mostly.

So, on that note, I'm off to do laundry. Lord, beer me strength!
#30 of 110 Old 05-09-2007, 09:59 PM

Hi all! Mothering 2 young boys is so much work. I never knew how much time or energy it would involve or how amazing it would be. I am fully consumed with it and starting to branch out into the who I used to be. It is fun.

The book suggestions have been great! I recently started reading again and I can't get enough. World War Z was a zombieish fun read - i liked the political slant. Just started Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami and I can't put it down. I'm off to read now

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page