*~*Holy Moly, they're THREE!! May 2004 Mamas in MAY '07!*~* - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 287 Old 05-30-2007, 03:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi dear mamas! I just got back from Chicagoland; my a$$ is draggin'. Can't wait to catch up. Just wanted to say quickly 1. that I met someone named "Hollis" today and thought of jstar's almost-ready-to-be-named little one, and 2. that 5 days is a looooooong time to be away from my own little one! I was really missing her.

Back now, good conference. More tomorrow!

S.
#272 of 287 Old 05-30-2007, 09:06 AM

#273 of 287 Old 05-30-2007, 12:01 PM

Hi everyone! We survived the birthday party. The lentil had a great time, the kids seemed to enjoy themselves, and the adults ate all the food, so it was deemed a success. Yesterday was the lentil's birthday. At his school they do this special "candle walk" on the kid's birthday where the parents come in and bring a photo from each year of the child's life. Then the child gets to walk in a circle around a candle for each year while the parents tell stories about them. In the end they are sung to and they get to blow out the candle. It was so sweet, and the lentil, who's been at the school for almost a year so he's seen a lot of candle walks but this was his first, he was completely and totally enraptured. When the other kids sang happy birthday he just sat there with the sweetest, happiest smile. It was a wonderful moment for us as parents.

And now? he hates short pants. He loves little einsteins. He handled waking up today to no presents quite gracefully. He's my wonderful little boy. sigh.

And I'm 27 weeks today! Helllooooo, third tri!
#274 of 287 Old 05-30-2007, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
And, Jstar, Thursday is also G's birthday and Julia's I think. So, it's just a very special day all around.:
awww that would be sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsarahb View Post
Hi dear mamas! I just got back from Chicagoland; my a$$ is draggin'. Can't wait to catch up. Just wanted to say quickly 1. that I met someone named "Hollis" today and thought of jstar's almost-ready-to-be-named little one, and 2. that 5 days is a looooooong time to be away from my own little one! I was really missing her.
hollis is cute! and 5 days is a long time. my conference last november was only 3 days i really missed isaac. glad you had fun though

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmalola View Post
And I'm 27 weeks today! Helllooooo, third tri!
yahoooo 3rd tri!

i am feeling especially ripe and ready today. maybe because it is so freakin hot. but my coworkers took funny pics of me so i posted em
check out the BELLLLEH
#275 of 287 Old 05-30-2007, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar View Post
i am feeling especially ripe and ready today. maybe because it is so freakin hot. but my coworkers took funny pics of me so i posted em
check out the BELLLLEH
Hmm. I think there might be a baby in there. You look great, though! Can't believe your ankles aren't even the least bit swollen in all this HEAT. It will be tomorrow night, I think. Full blue moon, just like you said!
#276 of 287 Old 05-30-2007, 09:42 PM

Dang, Jess, you look awesome!
Happy due date to you, happy due date to you, happy due date happy due date, happy due date to you.

And now, just go right ahead and birth that baby
#277 of 287 Old 05-30-2007, 11:07 PM

Jess, you look fabulous. And I love that skirt. LOVE the skirt. Let's go, little blue!
#278 of 287 Old 05-31-2007, 10:34 AM

I, too, was admiring your unswollen ankles. : You look fabulous, mama! Thanks for sharing! One of my big regrets from my pregnancies is that I don't have any pictures of my belly.
#279 of 287 Old 05-31-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
And now, just go right ahead and birth that baby

did ya hear that, little baby?????? i hope he did.

the nonswollen ankles was just a wierd phenomenon of yesterday. they're usually pretty puffy by the end of the work day. it's a flip flop only kinda thing now.

EL - the skirt is yours as soon as i'm done with it

sherri - no pics at all????? i wish i had some black and white professional pics. i always admire other people's but i haven't done it either time. i'd rather spend the $$ on baby pics. i've been thinking a set of pics of the new babe and isaac by the photographer claudia has used would be nice splurge in a few months. and maybe doug and i should be in them too because we haven't done any family photos yet.

speaking of photos we took isaac to sears this weekend for the ol age3 pics. i haven't logged online yet to access them but maybe i'll post the link over yonder. cheesy smiles abounded
#280 of 287 Old 05-31-2007, 05:40 PM

jstar-You do look wonderful! I'd say you're ready to pop about any time. However, dh told me the scientists who said this full moon was blue have admitted to making up the story...not sure about the whole background, but a full moon is still pretty good and I bet if you squint, it could look blue

Woke up after 7 nights in a row of sleeping poorly due to congestion, cough, etc. So, I sucked it up and called the doc (this is a hard thing for me to do). It appears I have sinusitis, so I'm on amoxicillin and he gave me a cough syrup with codeine in it to help me sleep at night. He assured me it's safe during pg, but I will look online, too. I just really need to sleep well and this cough thing sucks!

However, it's also G's birthday! So, I ended up going to Target after I got off work last night to spend his birthday money and gift card so he had something to open up from his relatives. It was fun, but I'm sure that didn't help my health sitch anyway. He loved opening all his presents, but the winner seems to be a green John Deere tractor and spreader from me and dh. No Lincoln Logs to be find in our fair hamlet. Maybe Christmas.

DH made strawberry & granola pancakes for breakfast and we met for lunch at a local diner where G said he just wanted PB&J. He has requested spaghetti and meatballs at home for dinner, so I can handle that.

G still has a cough, though, and crusty eyes. I'm keeping an eye on it cause we may need to go see a doc for him tomorrow if the homeopathics can't get a handle on it. He usually responds quickly to those, though, so I'm hoping we can avoid another visit. I already had his well-visit scheduled for next Friday, and he needs a booster for the DTaP (we're really delayed) so i want him to get better.

Well, I'm going to try and take a nap myself.
#281 of 287 Old 05-31-2007, 06:32 PM

Jess, you look totally fab. But don't stay pg forever.

Jacquie, I don't know what it is this spring, but it seems like sinusitis is *really* going around, at least around here. (Maybe this last bug was just prone to going that way.) One of my friends had a version that was amox-resistant, so watch out if you don't start feeling better soon. Would a neti pot or saline nasal spray help at all? And re the crusty eyes--we went through that in March (remember?) and both Z and L were better within 36 hrs--the homeopathic drops seemed to make them a *lot* more comfortable. Poor T just wouldn't leave his eyes alone, and I'm convinced *that* is why he got the bacterial infection (ie, from rubbing--no, GRINDING--his eyes).

Ooh, it's that late May b-day extravaganza around here. Happy happy day day! :

EL, I loved your blog comments on the lentil's partay. Sounds like your fil is realllllly helpful.

Z and I went for a hike this a.m. with a friend and her boys. I decided to ride the bike/trailer there. Only 3.5 miles from our house to the trailhead. What I forgot was it was 3.5 miles straight uphill. : At least I didn't have a stroke or something. But I figured out a good route to the trailhead that was fairly direct yet not around cars. And I suppose it's good for my mama fanny. Z is currently in hike-induced nap coma. He ran practically the whole way, and at the end, he said, "Mommy, I'm TIRED."

It's our anniversary. We don't have any spectacular plans, but I'm sure we'll go out as soon as dh gets home from work.
#282 of 287 Old 05-31-2007, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKmama View Post
Would a neti pot or saline nasal spray help at all?
This is my second diagnosed case of sinusitis in the one year we've lived here. I am committed to using a neti pot on a regular basis from now on (once I get one, that is. Dh has one, but I need my own!) Being pregnant didn't help this time, though, as everything is already so enlarged anyway. I just need to get over this hump and I think I can take care of it on my own better afterwards. I'm also a little nervous about the codeine in the cough syrup, but I only plan to take it at night and if this abx kicks in fast enough, I hope to not have to take more than one or two doses.

G decided he didn't need a nap today...so I didn't get one after all. I plan on laying on the couch a bit, though, while he watches Blue's Clues.
#283 of 287 Old 05-31-2007, 08:08 PM

i totally missed a lot of birthdays:

Luke & Isaac & Gabriel & Eleanor & Z & Mia & Rowan & i dunno who else, but

: Happy
: Birthday
: to all of you!
#284 of 287 Old 06-01-2007, 01:14 AM

:

Jstar, you look amazingly beautiful, and your belly is amazingly huge. I canNOT believe you are still at work. I am amazed. I was whining at the end of pregnancy so badly, at a part time job, and took a week off before I went ahead & birthed that baby.

GOOD LUCK ON THE BIRTH I feel it is so imminent!
#285 of 287 Old 06-01-2007, 03:23 AM

totally stalking jstar....

I wonder if she's in labor right now.
#286 of 287 Old 06-01-2007, 11:51 AM

Okay y'all, since I knew no one else would do it.... I started a new thread...
IN THE CHILDHOOD YEARS.
Here's the linky-do.
#287 of 287 Old 06-01-2007, 06:13 PM

I'm just bumping this for anybody who hasn't seen the new thread yet. In the NEW forum.

Where's my graduation cap?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page