*~*Holy Moly, they're THREE!! May 2004 Mamas in MAY '07!*~* - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
1  2  3 4  5  ... Last
Life with a Toddler > *~*Holy Moly, they're THREE!! May 2004 Mamas in MAY '07!*~*
elsanne's Avatar elsanne 01:11 AM 05-08-2007
Okay, moms. Now, check my bad-bloggin self out.

mcsarahb's Avatar mcsarahb 02:23 AM 05-08-2007
Great pics! Wow, Amara is walking! Wow, Sol's hair is crazy-long! I think she wins, And Lily has that SAME pink and purple castle. Yay for Target's new "natural" toy line!

That toddler AFI shirt is hylarious.

S,
Mama Faery's Avatar Mama Faery 02:41 AM 05-08-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
She is gonna DIE when she sees that.

I TOTALLY just freakin' DIED right now.

I NEED IT! I mean, ahem, ROWAN needs it!
Now, can I swing it as a birthday present??? Hmmm!
Damn dude, it is almost 12:45 in the AM. I have to go to BED.
And you know what I was doing??? Looking at the AFI tour pics from Europe (some girls are doing like EVERY SHOW out there right now, and I am SO jealous!), which were making me *swoon* in extra-special ways! wow.

I you all. More in the morning.

nuggetsmom's Avatar nuggetsmom 03:19 AM 05-08-2007
That shirt is too funny. And wow, Elsanne, walking. I too had early walkers and I thought it was fine.
Not a whole lot going on here.
I am not even close to straightedge or vegan. In fact just talking about being straightedge makes me want a beer. We eat meat, but not a whole lot. Small portions and all that. If I do have more than one drink I do get tired the next day, but having one is usually perfect so I keep it at that if I can.

OK
See ya (runs off to get said beer)
TurboClaudia's Avatar TurboClaudia 03:24 AM 05-08-2007
Quote:
Okay, moms. Now, check my bad-bloggin self out.
cutie cute KEE-YEWT!!!

renae: : on the AFI shirt for you....errrrr, rowan... :

grandparents gone. marek was mostly reasonable today. we'll see how tomorrow goes. his latest things are "mama, i need you," even when i'm standing 2 feet away, and making this awful raspberry-like/farting-like sound with his mouth and lips and tongue and teeth. soooooooooooooo irritating. his other latest thing is trying to keep up with the "big" boys in the neighborhood: ages 4.5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 11. thankfully, the two oldest and the 7 year old are really good kids and understand he's still little and watch out for him.

off to check on bill and his "hurting" back... ay-yiy-yiy... men, the biggest babies of all...

mmf!

~c
mcsarahb's Avatar mcsarahb 03:26 AM 05-08-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggetsmom View Post
I am not even close to straightedge or vegan. In fact just talking about being straightedge makes me want a beer.
: Ditto. Although I would prefer some red wine or a sidecar. We don't eat a huge amount of meat either, but we do eat it. I love me some gourmet hand-made sausage, grilled with some yummy mustard to dip, and a side of sauteed kale with balsamic and pine nuts. YUMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm
TurboClaudia's Avatar TurboClaudia 03:48 AM 05-08-2007
sarah: i'm totally hungry now... thanks. :
Miss Juice's Avatar Miss Juice 09:14 AM 05-08-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsarahb View Post
: Ditto. Although I would prefer some red wine or a sidecar. We don't eat a huge amount of meat either, but we do eat it. I love me some gourmet hand-made sausage, grilled with some yummy mustard to dip, and a side of sauteed kale with balsamic and pine nuts. YUMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm
I'm coming over for dinner! I'll bring the wine.
DH and I have been working on our (read: I have been working on Dh's) eating habits for years. Its taken me a long time to convince him that a meal does not have to include steak (or other large piece of meat). But we're eating a lot less meat than we used to, so that's something.

Elsanne those pics are great. And : to you for getting them posted. I can't manage to get pics from my camera into cyberspace right now, and if I actually had to scan them it would never, ever happen.
Mama Faery's Avatar Mama Faery 10:04 AM 05-08-2007
Haha, I hope you didn't all think I was being all high and mighty with my ruminations! : I am actually the damn farthest thing from straightedge OR vegan! I actually had had a beer before a show DH and I went to Friday night (Corona w/lime! ) and it was freakin' AWESOME. I just don't think I can handle hard liquors anymore...or um, getting *sauced* on said hard liquors.
As for the meat-tasticness, yeah, I am totally fine with free-range, blah-blooty-blah, but we totally can't afford it, so none for us. Heh. It took me a long time to "help" DH figure out that every meal does NOT have to include poultry, and he is actually really noticing how much healthier he feels when we are conscious of what we eat. Haha.

Oh, and I am so totally NOT punk-rock, and yes, Sarah, that *does* have a lot to do with the whole "label".
Let me reiterate that *I* was not labelling myself! I don't have labels. I'm label-free.
Someone made a joke Saturday night, and then DH did later.
I guess I'm pretty hardcore though. You know, the rockstar in me and all that.

Anyway! Yep, Rowan is quite fond of saying "Mama, I NEED you!!!" when I'm standing RIGHT THERE. It's cute, and kind of funny. And sweet, and annoying, all rolled into one! Heehee.

Elsanne! Walking babies! How freakin' awesome! I love love love your beautiful girly pictures! What amazingly full of life your kiddos are. Wow.
I need to get some more pictures up.

Oh, we had our what-will-now-be-FINAL playdate with the raisin mama yesterday morning. Too much to get into (: , but when we left, I asked Rowan "So did you have a good time today?" And Rowan said: "No. E. is mean. I don't want to play over there anymore."
:

So um, yeah. I have to find a way to let her down, and if I hadn't already sent out some of the invites to his birthday party, I would have NOT sent her one. She'll just insult my house, my food, my life, so why bother? But then again, after this, she may not come anyway. *sigh*
I think I will suggest meeting at a playground nearby every so often or something, but I am done going to playdates at her house, or mine.
I know. I feel awful that it had to come to this, and I don't know why I kept trying. Because...
wait for it...

I am....

a WUSSY WUSS WUSS! :
I told DH and he told me later that he asked Rowan about it, and Rowan said he DID have a good time. Haha. Well, whatever. I sure as heck DIDN'T.
And to all you mamas who have offered your thoughts and advice thus far, THANK YOU, and I'm sorry, I must sound like such a dork. It's so hard to end friendships, or even take 'em down a notch! But I will NOT make Rowan suffer because his mama has no backbone. Heck, I broke UP with someone for being a wuss, I sure as heck won't follow in HIS footsteps!
*sigh*

On that, I am going to go work on a tattoo design (this one's been YEARS in the making. I can't WAIT to show it to you all! ) and get us ready to go to the children's museum this morning. Gorgeous day.
Rowan woke up at 6:15 this morning, yo. I have no idea what his deal is. I think we're having a NAP today though, boy howdy.

Love to you all.

sXE for liiiiffffeee!!!! Sorry, had to.

elsanne's Avatar elsanne 12:39 PM 05-08-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggetsmom View Post
In fact just talking about being straightedge makes me want a beer.

See ya (runs off to get said beer)
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
DH and I have been working on our (read: I have been working on Dh's) eating habits for years.
: again. This is me in my ex-marriage. I have so swung to the opposite extreme, now I am the one picking up the occasional flank steak.
However, I'm all about healthier and cheaper and more environmental eating. So. Whatevah.

I love it, Renae: "I am SO DONE WITH HER. As a matter of fact, right after this next playdate and my son's birthday party, she is OUTTA HERE."
Wuuuuuuuusssy wuss wuss! (sung to tune of "hallelujah") No honey, take it slow and easy, but know that your therapist would say grab yourself by the huevos and stand up for your self and your family! I only say this because I have btdt and it was very, very, did I mention very, hard.
Mama Faery's Avatar Mama Faery 03:08 PM 05-08-2007
Quote:
I love it, Renae: "I am SO DONE WITH HER. As a matter of fact, right after this next playdate and my son's birthday party, she is OUTTA HERE."
Wuuuuuuuusssy wuss wuss! (sung to tune of "hallelujah")
*sniffsniff*! I know, I know! I suck a lot.
She just emailed me to freakin' THANK ME for yesterday, and now I'm all like "great, now I have to email her back and say um, actually, the playdate sucked and we're not coming back"? Ugh.
I am going to take a nap and deal with it later. I won't be seeing her for a few weeks anyway (they're apparently going away next week) but DON'T worry! I am emailing her! Tonight! When I have more than a moment to think on it. Ugh ugh ugh.

I suck. :

jstar's Avatar jstar 04:29 PM 05-08-2007
LOVE the party pix! and the walking sweetness of amara

renae - you *have* to get the afi shirt for R's bday

feelin groovy - 'almost 3cms' now! w00t

definitely not straightedge. pregnancy is as close as i get

i wasn't ever a 'sweets' person until being pregnant with isaac. prior to that i would feel kind of nauseous if i ate a bunch of sugar after a meal. i ate almost a whole costco cheesecake while pregnant with isaac and have had a sugar hankering ever since
orangecanoe's Avatar orangecanoe 04:34 PM 05-08-2007
little debbie swiss cake rolls are evil ....that's all I'm saying. but they're all gone now so problem solved.

Did C's IEP meeting over the phone today---easy peasy! Met food group friends for chinese food buffet.

bathroom remodeler guy came over to take measurements, etc. downside is that the work won't likely start til january (they're booked) and me and three kiddos in a hotel room for the week...sounds like fun, doesn't it? or not!

late naps for the girls so I'm going to go see what tivo has in store or finish reading the namesake or sleep or something.

Someone kick me (gently) and tell me to stop worrying. still not feeling much for movement (though only coming up on 16wks) ...E was just so much more active by this point, but I suppose C was not so much. ack.
TurboClaudia's Avatar TurboClaudia 05:36 PM 05-08-2007
annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, a boot to the head for heath. 16 weeks still early for lots of movement. maybe placenta is anterior (in the front of your belly) instead of up higher or posterior (on the spine side of your insides)??? 3 kiddos in a hotel room for a week sounds really not fun. in january, nonetheless. in PA. argh. but new bathroom makeover sounds cool.

btw, got a pm from jacquie about something else but she is okay. don't know if they are home yet, but her dh is.

~claudia
Mama Faery's Avatar Mama Faery 09:41 PM 05-08-2007
I did it.
I sent the email, I think I did it gently, and I still left it open for some discussion. I basically toldher that I thought we should meet somewhere more open/neutral, and not every week. That's all I want. I need to NOT be at her house, or have her and her fascist rules at MINE. *sigh*

I'm sorry, mamas, you're probably all sick of me. I'm gonna go eat some cereal and feel sorry for my wussy self now. :
(yay pity party!)

elsanne's Avatar elsanne 01:07 AM 05-09-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Faery View Post
I did it.
I sent the email, I think I did it gently, and I still left it open for some discussion. I basically toldher that I thought we should meet somewhere more open/neutral, and not every week. That's all I want. I need to NOT be at her house, or have her and her fascist rules at MINE. *sigh*

I'm sorry, mamas, you're probably all sick of me. I'm gonna go eat some cereal and feel sorry for my wussy self now. :
(yay pity party!)
I love you hun! Yay for you!
orangecanoe's Avatar orangecanoe 11:20 AM 05-09-2007
Renae---glad you took a step in changing the dynamics of the playdate thang. I know it wasn't easy for you.

'nother beautiful sunny day here!

Els---loooove all the new bloggy pics and entries. Looks like a fantabulous party. Sad to say I don't think any kind of relaxed/messy party would really fly around these parts.
elsanne's Avatar elsanne 12:20 PM 05-09-2007
It was a totally great party. Sol had been talking about it for months, and did not understand why we couldn't have another one the next day. Why WOULDN'T you do something like that every day, she wonders?

On the invites I let the parents know it was going to be a messy affair, and to bring their painting clothes. in case anyone decides to do something like that...
KKmama's Avatar KKmama 01:05 PM 05-09-2007
I'm grumpy this morning. Will someone please say something that will perk me up?
KKmama's Avatar KKmama 01:26 PM 05-09-2007
Okay, Z just pooped on the potty (instead of in his undies). That's a start.
emmalola's Avatar emmalola 02:40 PM 05-09-2007
The lentil's latest response to most of our requests is "I cannot cooperate with that!" We've started using that as our stock phrase too. It's kind of funny.
"Honey, can you hand me the juice?" "I cannot cooperate with that."

We went out to get worms to make our worm bin yesterday and the store that said they had them didn't have them. Even after I phoned and they said they had worms. Nope- not until after the 15th. the liars. I got my kid all worked up over our worm bin and I couldn't deliver. grrrrrr. : I want a herd of worms living under my sink and I want it NOW!

Go, renae!

Elsanne- that party looks like so much fun. We're starting negotiations for the lentil's party. My first impulse was to invite every child we know, but I think we're going small this year. a third birthday is not an event for a thousand hungry toddlers. It's a quiet and happy day that is relaxing and yay. At least for us it is.
A&L+1's Avatar A&L+1 02:51 PM 05-09-2007
Popping my head above water for a moment to say hi I have not had a computer for the last couple of weeks and it has been bad, bad, bad. My SIL loaned me her laptop so I am back in the game, girls.

Well into the second week of SAHMness. It's going great but I am cranky right now (the last few days) in a fuming under the surface kind of way. I am really angry about Alison's stance that I not nurse Annabel for comfort. We are doing no paci, she stopped liking my pinky finger and so I am left all day with a needing to suck baby that has nothing to suck on. I don't think it is fair, but I respect Alison enough to not sneak-nurse. It's hard.

Other than that and the general overwhleming stress of two small children and a house to run, all is well. I just wanted to check in and say I love you all.

Oh, and KK - Eleanor pooped in the potty this morning too! Yippee for small blessings.
orangecanoe's Avatar orangecanoe 03:28 PM 05-09-2007
Lisa---that sounds hard! Both of my girls were/are binky babes, but C also liked to suck on the corner of a prefold. Any non binky chewy/mouthy kind of stuff she might like?

EL--- Bummer that you'll have to wait longer to start the bin. Ain't it fun having a verbally precocious toddler? :
mamameg's Avatar mamameg 03:30 PM 05-09-2007
Lisa, that must be sor hard! I think I would have to forcibly stop myself from nursing - it's so second nature to me! Are you doing no paci on principle? I know some people are dead against them, but I actually think they are just the thing for a high sucking-needs baby. Any chance you would reconsider this?
mcsarahb's Avatar mcsarahb 04:05 PM 05-09-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamameg View Post
Lisa, that must be sor hard! I think I would have to forcibly stop myself from nursing - it's so second nature to me! Are you doing no paci on principle? I know some people are dead against them, but I actually think they are just the thing for a high sucking-needs baby. Any chance you would reconsider this?
:
elsanne's Avatar elsanne 04:16 PM 05-09-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKmama View Post
I'm grumpy this morning. Will someone please say something that will perk me up?
KK--I am so glad you got a poop on the potty. When I first got that message I didn't respond because I was grumpy enough myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmalola View Post
The lentil's latest response to most of our requests is "I cannot cooperate with that!" We've started using that as our stock phrase too.
THIS is too funny. I can't believe he's speaking like that. Right now Sol just said, "mami, yo play ana (mumble) dumbo". She also says this like Bebe en la house...very Spanglish 'round here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&L+1 View Post
I am really angry about Alison's stance that I not nurse Annabel for comfort. We are doing no paci, she stopped liking my pinky finger and so I am left all day with a needing to suck baby that has nothing to suck on. I don't think it is fair, but I respect Alison enough to not sneak-nurse. It's hard.
Gah! I respect your decision but GAH! Sometimes you cannot go against mother nature. You are both lactating women. She should benefit from that. But of course, I'm sure she has her highly-thought-out reasons. I feel your frustration and would feel the same. Esp. with no paci.
jstar's Avatar jstar 04:55 PM 05-09-2007
lisa i would be really frustrated too especially with the no paci. it is like you need *something* in your arsenal to take care of a tiny babe. otherwise you have such a hard job on your hands. (or i should say such a HARDER job....because it is a hard job to begin with). i assume alison is pumping and you're giving bottles (?). i think back to isaac in the baby room at daycare and he would have a paci in sometimes when i got there. he would never suck on one when he was with me (spit it right out every time). but he needed something when i wasn't there so they could get him to take it.

my day has felt : i didn't even get to work until 10:30. i overslept and then did dishes and i showered with mr. stinkbutt which takes much longer. and then we had a 'chase me to get my clothes on' escapade and the bank and the post office to mail some chocolate off to our moms. which will probably melt in bakersfield maybe they can just lick it off the bag

so i have no help for the anti-grumpies. except well...how about a visit from me next march???? THAT should cheer you up! ha. seriously though i am planning to visit boulder next march. my english friends are doing another ski trip to colorado (don't know which town yet) but i *really* want to make it to ski with them and also visit our friends in boulder to see their new babe too. she is due may 22nd so we are in a race to birth first

is it lunch time yet?? food perks me up these days. especially leftover lebanese food and brown cow maple yogurt. :

i cannot cooperate with that

ok. 11:55 is close enough to noon in my book.
Jacqueline's Avatar Jacqueline 06:11 PM 05-09-2007
I'm back!!!!! Sorry to not have posted sooner, but we just got Internet on Monday and you know, the post-trip duties have been all-consuming.

We made it back from KS before the awful storms and flooding. And, the town that got wiped out is way far away from my family. We were in Topeka, in the northeast corner of the state. Not that I haven't been in my share of tornadoes...one hit my high school and my car in 11th grade, just to name one (but, please, no Dororthy jokes). Luckily, T-town was spared this major damage. Though I talked to my mom today and apparently the flooding has been massive very near her, but she's fine. I appreciate all your good thoughts!!!

We had a great trip, as did dh. Just glad to be back and continue unpacking!!! Fun, fun.

Jstar-Colorado in March sounds fun. I'd love to see you too, so keep me and KK updated.

I want G to poop (or pee, for that matter) on the toilet! I feel we're on the verge of it, but for now, we're content with him peeing in his own potty at bedtime.

elsanne-the party sounds very fun! I think we're just going low-key and having a Birthday/Memorial Day/Come to our New House BBQ. Probably 6 or so kids plus parents and your basic hamburger/hot dog/bratz menu.

KK-you posed an interesting question about kids at church functions. I, of course, have many thoughts on this, although I'm not UU (but I could easily be one). Someday, I'd love to write a book about it, but for now, I'll address my own experience. When G was young, he was with me all the time at church, mostly in the sling. I nursed him in a small parlor outside the sanctuary, with an occasional nursing in the back pew of the church once I felt more comfortable. Most other moms of babies put them in the nursery or they just didn't come. G never liked the nursery and he's always done incredibly well in the services, even now. I think many of the old timers (and the Episcopal church has oodles) thought he shouldn't be with me all the time, but since dh was one of the ministers, I think I avoided too much flack. Nursing with the new one will be interesting as the church is much smaller and dh is the only minister...not sure how I'll handle it yet. But, I intend to do it much the same as with G. Churches need to be so much more hospitable to kids...and in their present configuration, they just aren't most of the time.

Lisa-I bet it is tough to not nurse! It does seem to be a major benefit to a two-female parenting team...but I respect that you're trying to honor A's viewpoints. I hope it goes better.....

I know I've left off many more personal responses. Just needed to check in with you all. I've missed you!
KKmama's Avatar KKmama 07:40 PM 05-09-2007
Am I being disrespective if I ask why A gets to dictate the terms of your SAHMness? If little A needs to comfort suck, why should she be deprived? I would have such a hard time not nursing her. I'm probably a wiener, but I think I'd say something like, "Dude (because I always say dude), you have to give me *either* the paci or the boob. You choose." :

Jacquie, I really appreciate your input. I definitely get the "(s)he shouldn't be with me all the time" vibe. Apparently, many people refer to me as the kangaroo mom (because I often have a kid on me in an Ergo). I took it positively before last week. I'm still smarting, and it doesn't help that there's been no resolution. (One older lady tried to say some things which I think she thought would make me feel better, but all it made me feel was angry and that I don't want someone making decisions for me "in my best interest"... eg, she kept saying how hard the trip would have been on L, etc--*lady*, I *know* my own kid!).

Jess, I would *love* it if you visited.

EL, you can have our worms. I'm tired of them already.

Ack, I'm at the computer, trying to research the Boy Scouts (we were asked if we wanted T to be a Cub Scout next year). From what I'm reading... nope. We have to find something else. After everything we've taught T about relationships (incl. homosexuality), I think if it ever came up, we'd look like giganto-hypocrites.
mcsarahb's Avatar mcsarahb 08:19 PM 05-09-2007
Hey Claudia, how's the S eating/nursing thing going? No worries if you don't want to go into it, but I've been thinking of you.

Jacqueline - good to hear from you! Glad you're back, safe, and back in the swing of unpacking.

I want a worm box. Although our chickens will eat all our kitchen scraps before too long.
1  2  3 4  5  ... Last

Up