*~*Holy Moly, they're THREE!! May 2004 Mamas in MAY '07!*~* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-01-2007, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And, um....I forget where we should be posting! Do we go on to The Childhood Years, or stay here maybe until just June??? Oh mamas, I'm not ready! :Happyt:

And Rowan is being a freakity freak poopy McPooperton this morning so I don't really have time to post. *sigh*
I also have a BAD cold. : : WAH.
Pity party for me on May Day! Wheeeee...

Wow, three years. I cannot even fathom it. I'd better get started on those party invites, huh?

MMF!!!
Happy May Everymama!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2007, 11:47 AM

A little smilie art to commemorate three years of mamahood!

The happiest of birthdays to SOL and LILY!

:
: :
: : :
: : : : :
: : : : : : :
: : : : :
: : :
: :
:

Old 05-01-2007, 11:54 AM

Yay! Happy birthday to Lisa, Sol, and my one and only Lily! I am a bit sentimental today, I must admit. Although I am also on call, and about to go see a labor patient, so can't be too in the moment!

Sherri, that is my absolute favorite smilie art of yours, ever. I especially like how it is a little out of whack because the little sperm and egg is animated and so it throws the whole thing off. PERFECT! Exactly like real life.

So yeah, have a great party, Sol! Have a great day, Lisa! Love to all-

Off to the hospital.

Sarah
Old 05-01-2007, 12:02 PM

Happy Birthday, Lisa! Tell us how you celebrate! We are celebrating along with you and the Smoochie Boochie Family--I just did Sol's hair and both girls are happily playing with new toys, Daddy Viet is blowing up the kiddie pool, someone besides me (yay!) is preparing all the yummy Mexican food to be ingested today...I am finally having some java and plotting what needs to be done next. Trying not to think about anyone who might think my house is, well, messy and cluttered and imperfect. It's hard when some of the invitees live in effin PALATIAL homes, professionally decorated and maintained. Just me and my insecurities...I have to remember the focus: Sol--is she having fun? That will always be my check-in point if I get stressed.
Last night Viet & I had so much fun--we made these goofy paper hats and I stamped them, and then I wrapped a bunch of little gifties to give out with a game I have in mind, and Viet showed me the pinata goods..mmmm...one thing I do love about Viet is that we share values, ie limited sweets--so he has purchased some great pinata stuff that is like, honey roasted peanuts and the like..semi-healthy.

Today should be fun, and a scorcher--it is HOT out there. We have a kiddie wading pool (noted on the invite) and a painting activity for the crowd, as well as a pinata, cake and the giftie game. That's my plan!

besos everybuggy--
Old 05-01-2007, 12:05 PM

oh, and thank goddess, Sherri, you fixed that smilie art! Sarah may be a fan of imperfection in your smilie art but I didn't get it. Now I get it totally! The sequence of events leading to now! love it!!!!! Thanks for the birthday wishes for my girl and I will show her this display!
Old 05-01-2007, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
oh, and thank goddess, Sherri, you fixed that smilie art! Sarah may be a fan of imperfection in your smilie art but I didn't get it. Now I get it totally! The sequence of events leading to now! love it!!!!! Thanks for the birthday wishes for my girl and I will show her this display!
yeah, I fixed it, because even in preview post mode, it looked OK, then wehn I posted it it was all out of whack. I'm glad you get that my smilie art was a progression of our lives thus far.

And how can I forget our very own LISA?

Happy Birthday Lisa!

:
Old 05-01-2007, 12:24 PM

Hey friends,
Checking in from mom's dial-up connection in Kansas to sub to the group. Sounds like you've got a great day planned, Elsanne. And, Sarah, I hope your on-call duties don't prevent you from having some b-day fun with Lily.

Wow, 3 years is quite amazing.

We'll check in here when we can. Dial-up is hard to get used to!

Our travels yesterday went well. G was a good plane rider and was complimented by the lady who sat in front of him, so that's good. It was hard for him (and me) to say by to dh, but he's been okay about it so far. Now, dh is in the Big Apple enjoying the Tribeca Film Festival with some other clergy buddies.

We're off the library today to pick up some good books for G (grandma doesn't have many kid things).

Gotta get in the shower and get a move on. Talk with you later!
Old 05-01-2007, 01:05 PM

Jacquie---glad the traveling was easy! Hope Torey is having a blast in the city--sounds fun!

Happy Birthday LiSoLily!! I still have a few weeks to get used to 3-ness!

Renae---sorry about the cold!! C is join R in starting off the day : !

Going to throw some lunch at the girls and head to the library before naptime...

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
Old 05-01-2007, 01:20 PM

Happy happy birthdays!!!!!!

I think it's childhood years time. Maybe next mo.

Why are there all those pg-related smilies in the smilie art? Hmm?

Gotta run... we're doing L's b-day related playgroup today. Must hummus.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:35 PM

Oh, Happy Birthday to everyone! I love May, since it's my birthday month too.

The fact that it's may makes up for the horrible morning we had. One of those where I tried to lock myself in my room so I didn't have a temper tantrum in front of my son. The same son who was driving me CRAZY. And then he tried to convince me that it was a weekend day, and that he didn't have school. I was able to get him to school by telling him that if there were no teachers at school, then we would come home. Of course, he was completely expecting there to be no teachers at school. So when we got there and it was a school day he freaked out and I had to rip him off mybody and hand him over to the wonderful teacher who greeted us. The teacher who he normally adores. It was awful. I hate it when I have to do that, and I haven't had to do it in a long time. Now it's a hour later and I still feel like crying. :

But the good news is that this is a month FILLED with birthdays. :
Old 05-01-2007, 03:21 PM

Oh Em, I feel for you and your morning. I recall having many days like tha when I was pg with Jett. Mia just KNEW something was off with me and she preyed on me like the wounded animal I was. It gets better.

Happy Happy Birthdays to Lily, Sol and Lisa! Woot!

Jett turned ONE last week Thursday and we had a party for him on Sunday. It was so great! Perfect amount of people (~20) and a great # of kids (5), and I had lots of activities for them to do. Lots of balloons & bubbles, kicking balls around, and a bean bag toss. It was a hit! Jett had a great time toddling around after all the kids. Great fun!

We have a wedding ot go to on Sunday and I need to figure out what I'm going to wear. I barely know these people (the bride is John's work colleague) and I refuse to buy something new. I have no idea what I'll be throwing together, but I'll McGuiver something or other. I don't even really want to go, but I need to look on the bright side - the kids will be home with my parents, so John and I will have four hours alone in the car together (its' 2 hours from our home), plus an evening of dinner and dancing (please goddess, let the music not totally suck). Not exactly something I should complain about, eh? Making the best of it. That's me.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:05 PM

Happy Birthdays to Sol, Lily, and Lisa!

els, sounds like a perfect day.

EL, hug on the morning. We had one of those yesterday, but it was my 5 yr old. I was on a stealth visit to Allison's class at school, and I was planning to take her home with me as a special treat (I have some serious middle child neglect guilt going on) and it would have been fine but for the fire drill. The two girls' classes line up together outside, and so my older daughter saw me there and that was it. Meltdown city.

And how'd you get to be 22 weeks already? It seems like others' pregnancies fly by, whereas mine have historically lasted approximately forever.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:27 PM

happy belated birthday to miss 1 year old L!!!

and happy happy birthday to Lisa, Sol and Lily....our may day lovelies (who all share a bday with my mom)

the party festivities sound like a blast i'm just gearing up for party-attendance mode. we had our first one of the 'season' sunday.

i had a great day at home with isaac yesterday while the electricans were working all day. we went to breakfast and dug in the yard and i pulled weeds for about 6 hours. every muscle in my body hurts today. we now have a new electrical panel which is really.....anticlimatic.... because nothing is different except the kitchen lights work again and at some point i will get plugs for my 'sewing room' in the basement.

isaac moved into his new classroom this morning and rushed in for hugs and kisses with his long lost buddies who moved up a little while ago. hopefully the rest of the day will continue as smoothly. i need to call and see if it is going to be cheaper...but why do i guess it will not?????? i was sad to see the first note in his inbox was a letter from one of the teachers that she is leaving. she is so sweet and talks to me a lot, and isaac always mentions her versus the 2 other teachers in that class. so that is a bummer he went from 10 kids & 2 teachers to 24 kids and 3 teachers.

my big news: 2cm dilated and ~70% effaced : yahooozies. i know it doesn't necessarily mean anything except...well 2 less cms to deal with later! i think i'll pack my bags and get ready tho. just in case
Old 05-01-2007, 08:17 PM

happy may day to every-may-mama!

and happy birthdays to:

Jett! You're one! Wowee!!!

KK's L! You're one, too! Wowee-zowee!!!

Sol!!! You're three! Happy Birthday, Mexican sunshine girl!

Lily!!! You're three! Happy Birthday, too deep for your age girl!

Lisa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're 26 again, right? Happy Birthday, mama of two!

Jacquie: pm'ing you with my parents contact info if Torey needs anything while he is in NYC. They LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE out of town visitors. Seriously. Love them.

Just so I get it right, who's next in the MMF-The Next Generation due date wise? jstar, then Jacqueline, then emmalola? is that right? i apologize if i missed anyone...

i can't believe they're going to be three! yipes but yay! i just started noticing that Marek has a crazy good memory for stuff and have added information to some statements I make or books i read to him, like "Q is for quail. What kind of animal is a quail? That's right, it's a bird. What kind of animal is a jaguar? A jaguar is a kind of big cat."

waking up from nap... gotta go...

MMF!

~claudia
Old 05-02-2007, 02:36 AM

Hello ladies, poking my head in again. I've missed you all! I skimmed throught the April thread to sort of catch myself up... Wow! So many happenings it seems, new babies, etc, etc... so exciting!!! I'm going to use the following excuse for not doing any personal responses this time: "I've-been-out-of-the-loop-so-long-that-I'm-overwhelmed-at-all-the-fabulousness-goin-on-here".

Although I will of course wish a Splendid Birthday to Lisa, Sol and Lily! I hope you all had a simply wonderful day.

And Happy May Day to all!

Well I don't have much of a good excuse for being so uninvolved, besides having some weird family issues and just being in a sort of yucky mental state for the past ~18 months.: (Details to follow on the yg when time permits.) Amelia's father and I are still together and expecting our second child on Thanksgiving. (I prefer just giving a general due date, like "November", but since the official date happened to fall on a holiday, it's kind of fun to say.) Anyway, our marriage hasn't exactly been stable lately, or ever I guess... as you may recall, but with the new little one on the way we both decided it might be worth it for both of us to put forth a valiant attempt, because we both realized that up to this point neither of us really had put forth a serious attempt. At least not simultaneously. I think I am sort of skeptical about the outcome of this attempt, but am super-excited about the new baby, as is Amelia.

Amelia's doing well, she had been going to a great small daycare/preschool part-time while I was going to school part-time. I just started working full-time and am holding off on school until I graduate from the (8 week long!!!) training program. She was able to go just a couple days a week for about a year before going full time which I was really glad about. I was a nervous wreck about the whole full-time daycare thing for a while because she has such a sensitive personality and responds, well, *slowly* to change. But she transitioned very well and I think is actually doing *better* with her time away from home now that it's more consistent.

I canNOT believe my baby's turning three!!! Exciting, but a bit bittersweet I suppose. We won't be doing anything spectacular (again) this year, just heading up to visit my parents and siblings. Amelia always gets so excited to see her grandparents and aunt and uncles, so balloons and cake with them is party enough for her. We'll probably take her swimming, her favorite thing to do with them; they're all competative swimmers/lifeguards/swim-lesson teachers and they're really great with her in the pool, she has a blast with them. Also I'm excited because this year is going to be a "book birthday", with nothing but books as gifts. I'm supposed to be putting together a wish-list/gift registry of books for her but I haven't had time yet to do much research in that area yet. Oh dear. Do any of your kids have books they just couldn't live without that you think every 3 yo should have in their library?

Well I suppose I've babbled enough. I'll try to keep up with y'all as best I can... which might not be very often, but still. Toodles!

Single student mama to dd 5/04 and ds 11/07.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:54 AM

agrace: hi mama! we've missed you! congrats on the new baby news! will write more tomorrow, but must get a cup of tea right now...

~claudia
Old 05-02-2007, 11:01 AM

Agrace!!! OMG!!! Great to see you around here. congrats on #2!!! :
:
Oh, I cannot relate to an unstable relationship at ALL. We're here doing our best, every day is a choice to stay together. Gah. I am glad you are jumping right back in and you'll figure out who had what second baby very soon. like moi.

KK, I can't believe your little Lulah is one. : and Jett too! Unreal. Sounds like a perfect party, Meg, and a fun wedding to look forward to! I like to attend weddings but I kind of feel sorry for the people getting married sometimes. My own wry bitterness reflected. I was the happiest of brides...

Jstar, I want an update EVERY DAY. I am sooo psyched!!! :

More later but gotta attend toddler who sees a hot air balloon outside!
Old 05-02-2007, 01:31 PM

Els, I'll admit that I really *don't* like to attend weddings. It has nothing to do with my own marriage--it's a combo of being cynical about the princess syndrome many women go through (my cousin was Princess Supreme, and I hate to admit that I was Bitch Supreme and made her cry at her wedding and being cynical about the state of the relationships of many of the people getting married. (Wow, this is kind of a dark and grumpy paragraph... double Ie, unless you're non-princessy and marrying a great person, you really don't want me at your wedding. : : : (Fortunately, the last couple of weddings we've been to have been like that.)

Wow, Agrace! Welcome back! Congrats!

Go, Jess, go! Yeah, I figure that any dilation and effacement before labor is "free" (ie, painfree!).

Juice, I totally agree that other people's pgs fly by whilst one's own drags. (Esp. my 42 wk prgs.)
Must shower. (Yes, I do shower every now and then. )
Old 05-02-2007, 02:52 PM

Agrace---glad you're back!! this better not be a hit and run post...stick around!

Els--how were the birthday happenings??

KK--you would have loved my wedding then....I'm totally not princess material if you haven't already guessed that. Just DH and I, UU minister, BIL, and 2 of dh's friends by the water at one of our favorite weekend hiking spots. then just the two of us for dinner alone! perfect by our standards! I didn't even wear a dress :

School for C this morning and during that E and I went to check out a local farm to see some animals and got DH some yummy ice cream at their store. C's first music therapy class tonight. She is stoked as she gets to be "snack kid" at school next week and do an early bday celebration. Though she doesn't really care for cupcakes and told me she wants melon and grapes instead....I'm sure that'll be a first!

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
Old 05-02-2007, 04:19 PM

hi agrace! congrats on the thanksgiving bebe glad to hear amelia is doing well.

my daily update for today: my tooshie hurts : ahem. there, that's a little personal and uhhh....hoping not to be + for gbs. i guess i find out next week.

i love the 'free' centimeters too. i'm all for them! i'm really hoping for 2 or 3 more weeks. i'm not quite ready and that is probably the realistic timeline. i think i was 2cm for about 3 weeks last time. so maybe this will not last 41+ weeks! i don't feel ready for birthing. i'm skeeeeeered : very excited for the outcome but not so excited for the process.

i love weddings. i love the dancing. the froo-froo. the food. the optimism! our last wedding was lotso fun....a good solid couple. actually i say it was a lot of fun but doug and i were having a huge fight for the first half. it was all good after we got over it :
Old 05-02-2007, 06:01 PM

hi agrace! another new babe! What terrific news. nice update.

jstar, sorry about the tooshie. but it's almost over for you! woot!

Thanks for the support on the cranky kid. He was great when I picked him up and he seems to have recovered nicely. I waffle between thinking I have the best kid in the universe and wanting to look up "orphanage" in the phone book. huh.

Doing well today. today of the 23 weeks. I'm getting so excited for the baby to come, I'm completely ignoring my work. SOOoooooo pathetic.

Hi! Hi! Hi!
Old 05-02-2007, 06:59 PM

Hi Heath--the party was totally fabulous. Hard work, yes, running my ass off, yes, but way super fun. We had a kiddie pool which all availed themselves of, then incredibly yummy food made by my wife's mother (my MIL? ), a great pinata with relatively healthful goodies, a painting activity (mural and a clay planter for each to take home), and a non-competitive gift-giving game.

Emmalola, you are too cute. (hi! hi! hi!)

Jstar, hi! hi! hi!
Old 05-02-2007, 07:54 PM

Hi mamas!

Checkin in for May.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:04 PM

Are we to assume then, from Beth's post above, that this is the only post she will grant us for the entire month of May?
Old 05-02-2007, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKmama View Post
Are we to assume then, from Beth's post above, that this is the only post she will grant us for the entire month of May?
:

Hey kk love your title...
Old 05-03-2007, 04:00 AM

oops- I MEANT _subscribing_ for May

My excuse is I had a fussy babe in arms at the time. :P
Old 05-03-2007, 04:40 AM

ahhh... a few minutes to update. today was a no-good-nap-day. for stefan. marek actually had a good nap, but woke up a grumpasaurus. food made it a little better. and then he had a crazy fit just before bill got home and was screeching and running around in circles and throwing himself on the floor and banging plastic toy bins on his head. so i made him put his shoes on and we went outside to wait for daddy and ride his little push bike and be loud outside of four walls.

so i asked about the perfect mother's day on the end of the april thread because a friend of mine has this traditions/crafting club and one of the things recommended was to write down the elements for your perfect mother's day and physically HAND THEM TO YOUR PARTNER to execute. then the onus is on them to deliver and the mama gets what she really wants instead of being disappointed in what the partner comes up with which often times is not what mama wants. i am planning on doing this and already wrote a first draft and then posted the rest for you all and i think i will just print out what i wrote on the thread and give it to bill. most of it is stuff he can get ready himself or plan for himself, with a few exceptions i am willing to help with.

okay, i really need to go to bed now. bill's parents fly in tomorrow morning and are here until monday afternoon, so i may just do fly by posting until then.

MMF!

~claudia
Old 05-03-2007, 01:45 PM

hi everyone!

Welcome back, AGrace! We've been missing you! What lovely news you have. Congratulations!

Jstar - sounds like good news for your cervix. Love that free dilation.

My wedding involved a 10-minute ceremony, BBQ, beer, and contra dancing. It was lovely and low-key, and no princesses in sight. I don't like weddings where I go and all I think about is, "OMG, how much did this cost?!" It makes me uncomfortable.

Yay for all the 1-year-olds! I can't believe it, either.

So we have been prepping Lily for Operation W-at-age-3. It has been a long time of gradual, easy weaning. So yesterday I came home from school, and she runs up to me, gives me a big hug, and says, "No nursing. I'm 3!" And proceeds to cling to me for about an hour, happy, just clingy. (We have been nursing once a day, right when I get home from school or clinic). It was really sweet. I hope she continues to take it well, but if not, I am flexible. I am not going to deny the once a day if she still seems to need it sometimes.

I caught my first baby on Lily's birthday! It was cosmic. A nice, beautiful family and relatively low complications for my first one. It was really amazing for me.

Love to you all. Off to make buckwheat pancakes and coffee.

Sarah
Old 05-03-2007, 04:43 PM

i was a bigtime princess at my wedding : : i actually figured it was my one shot in life to realllllllllllllly be a princess so i went for it not to say i *acted* like a princess because i really had a low stress FUN day with no drama or anything.....i just dressed like a princess with my prince charming :

clicky

we keep laughing about doug's goatee now.

sarah that is so special that you caught your first babe on the anniversary of having your own babe!

*checking elsanne's bloggy for party pix!*

hi! hi! hi!
Old 05-03-2007, 05:21 PM

Aaaaaaaw jstar great pic. must download/develop pics now so as not to disappoint.

User Tag List