funny toddler story - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 05-10-2007, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A friend e-mailed this to me. I have no idea if it's true or not, or if it's been posted here before (side note: there is something wrong with the search engine when it turns up 38000+ hits on a search for "chapstick butt"). Anyway, it made me laugh lots so I thought I'd post it anyway.

So, we had this great 10 year old cat named Jack who just recently died. Jack was a great cat and the kids would carry him around and sit on him and nothing ever bothered him. He used to hang out and nap all day long on this mat in our bathroom.

Well, we have 3 kids and at the time of this story they were 4 years old, 3 years old and 1 year old. The middle one is Eli. Eli really loves chapstick. LOVES IT. He kept asking to use my chapstick and then losing it. So finally one day I showed him where in the bathroom I keep my chapstick and how he could use it whenever he wanted to but he needed to put it right back in the drawer when he was done.

Last year on Mother's Day, we were having the typical rush around and try to get ready for Church with everyone crying and carrying on. My two boys are fighting over the toy in the cereal box. I am trying to nurse my little one at the same time I am putting on my make-up. Everything is a mess and everyone has long forgotten that this is a wonderful day to honor me and the amazing job that is motherhood.

We finally have the older one and the baby loaded in the car and I am looking for Eli. I have searched everywhere and I finally round the corner to go into the bathroom. And there was Eli. He was applying my chapstick very carefully to Jack's . . . rear end. Eli looked right into my eyes and said "chapped." Now if you have a cat, you know that he is right--their little butts do look pretty chapped. And, frankly, Jack didn't seem to mind.

And the only question to really ask at that point was whether it was the FIRST time Eli had done that to the cat's behind or the hundredth. And THAT is my favorite Mother's Day moment ever because it reminds us that no matter how hard we try to civilize these glorious little creatures, there will always be that day when you realize they've been using your chapstick on the cat's butt.

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#2 of 11 Old 05-10-2007, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Chapstick - it's not just for lips anymore!

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
#3 of 11 Old 05-10-2007, 10:40 PM

EEEEWWW.

I'm suddenly glad I don't have a cat. Or chapstick!
#4 of 11 Old 05-11-2007, 10:00 AM

OMG! My dd could be the next to try that. She is always studying the cats butts with a fair amount of intensity....My kitties would not be nearly as accepting as Jack the cat though!

great story.
#5 of 11 Old 05-11-2007, 11:30 AM

oh that is hilarious! thank you for sharing!

#6 of 11 Old 05-11-2007, 02:25 PM

hahaha. totally gross. I wish she had said whether or not she found out if it was the first or 100th time he had done that.
#7 of 11 Old 05-12-2007, 01:41 AM

Hmm I don't have a cat but I won't be letting my DS borrow my chapstick
#8 of 11 Old 05-12-2007, 12:16 PM

OK, now that was just GROSS! :

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#9 of 11 Old 05-12-2007, 12:42 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#10 of 11 Old 05-12-2007, 01:01 PM

I received this email also promptly sent it to my friend who years ago walked into the bathroom to see her daughter srubbing the toilet with mommy's toothbrush. "Mommy I helping!" She never did figure out how many times before miss M had helped.
#11 of 11 Old 05-12-2007, 06:31 PM

It's funny that this story is circulating like crazy through the internet right now . . . it is featured in the first episode of a new web series called In The Motherhood.

Which leads one to wonder . . . urban legend, or publicity stunt?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page