June is Blooming, Nov '05 Mamas! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 307 Old 06-06-2007, 01:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Suriya is all over her illness. It was so short lived I'm thinking it was Rubella rather than the full blown measles. It's hard to know for sure unless we get her titres checked, but it doesn't matter enough to me right now to get blood drawn from her.
I'm on day 4 of a really bad migraine. Does anybody have any great migraine remedies for me?
Yesterday was Winter's 18 month birthday. and
#62 of 307 Old 06-06-2007, 02:11 PM

DiD I've heard from a number of people that cayenne pepper is good, but I've been too afraid of it burning my nose to try it http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/natur....html#migraine

Teresa - I'm sorry things didn't work out this time. Peaceful vibes that things will work out when they are meant to

Helen - I hope your aversions let up so cooking and eating gets easier with time. I'll also be adding my thoughts and wishes to your's that this little one doesn't end up with allergies.

Kristina mom to A 1/12 J 11/05 D 4/08 and tiny dude in late April 2010
#63 of 307 Old 06-06-2007, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcelona View Post
I am another who has been incredibly MIA,
i was just thinking about you this morning, glad to see you again

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
Susannah, I am always prepared to talk to someone who's considering CIO and talk them out of it.
i haven't even done any research or reading about it because i am just so floored she would consider it. is there info here about why it does not work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
I'm on day 4 of a really bad migraine. Does anybody have any great migraine remedies for me?
hyland's makes a really mean migraine remedy. i *think* whole foods carries most of hyland's formulas. if i was closer i'd bring you some - migraines suck my big toe!

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
#64 of 307 Old 06-06-2007, 11:44 PM

Hey, mamas! Long time, no see...yeah? : I have just been busy, busy, busy with Mr. Noah Sage. Life is grand and we are just trying to enjoy the beautiful weather...mmmmm...summertime! I haven't had a chance to read through the four pages of posts but I'm getting there! I just wanted to say hello y'all.

Spiritmomma: Miss ya, mama!

Amy: Happy Anni and Happy Birthday!!!

Teresa: Good to see your smiling face back around these parts! Now if I can only keep up again!

Helen: Ummmm...Congratulations are in order, I see!!!!!

DiD: I hope Suriya is feeling better!

Happy Birthday to the rest of you June mamas! I am celebrating with you guys...turning...GASP...33 on the 27th!
#65 of 307 Old 06-07-2007, 12:12 AM

I promise I've not deserted you guys, really! I love that you're thinking of us, though! I have been posting in TAO and Single Parenting a bit but I have just rarely had a lot of time to spend on the computer these days. I've also been feeling a bit solitary, but not really. I know that doesn't really make any sense to anyone but me. I'm coming out of it, though, and I really, really miss you guys!

I can't believe how much some of your babes are talking!!! Noah is saying plenty of words that I can understand but I have to translate for most everyone else. He definitely is still signing a lot, which is good for both of us. Well, except for the sign he just used before he fell asleep! I was just talking to him about what a great evening we had playing with our friends and talking about what we did...he looks at me, puts his finger to his lips, and SHOOSHED ME!!!! He's soooooo interested in anything mechanical these days. It's almost as if his mind just stays super focused on how things operate. ALL. THE. TIME. He has learned to open the screen door and if he's not in a hurry to run outside (which he usually is!) he will open the door over, and over and over, trying to figure it out. I can see it now...he's going to be "that" kid, you know, the one that takes EVERYTHING in the house apart??!! Yup, I just know it.

BTW...

Teresa: I'm so sorry for your loss.

Barcelona: Thanks, mama! Finley is absolutely GORGEOUS! Great photos, too! You really do have an eye, I can't tell you that enough. I wish that you lived near by so that you could shoot Noah and myself! With a camera, that is.

Amy: Your story about you and Jason is sooooo sweet! It's amazing how The Universe works, eh?
#66 of 307 Old 06-07-2007, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Michelle! I'm glad you came back to us! And glad to hear that you are just busy and happy. I can relate! I feel like I owe about 40 people a "real" email, and not just a blog update.

Barcelona, I agree with what Michelle (and all the others) have said about your photos; they are so lovely! I too was just thinking yesterday I wish you could come out and take Brynn's 18 month photos for me! But Michelle, you are no slouch in the photo department either. Your pictures of Noah are always so artistic and emotional. I love your blog!

Oh, Barcelona, you had asked about my PhD program. I actually started out in the Speech and Hearing program in Athens thinking I might want to go into Deaf education! Once I started, though, I fell in love with neuralscience and language disorders, so that's what I'm studying now. I am pretty well-versed in child language development, but my main area of study is adult language disorders resulting from degenerative neurological disease, and my passion is for phonological (the sounds of speech) disorders. My dissertation is most likely going to pertain to the phonological loss/change over time resulting from the progression of Alzheimer's disease! (Sorry if I put y'all to sleep there!!)

Spughy, fishing partner. Hee hee!

Aubrey, I know - I read your blog a few days before our anniversary and I was thinking how similar our stories are. Isn't it funny how once you have that experience, you see the world in a completely different way? It's like living in color after spending your life in black and white.

Teresa, no we aren't diaper free yet! She's just been asking for underwear for a few weeks now, so we bought her some and she is completely in love with them!! We've been letting her run around naked a lot for the past few weeks, and she will usually tell us that she needs to use the potty when she's naked, so I've been trying it with underwear for the past few days, and she's doing pretty well. I think so far she's only peed twice. I'm not even really trying to push potty learning at all, but I do go with the flow and try to help her remember to tell me before she has to go. I'm curious to see how this whole thing will evolve!

Nothing new here. Well, I did finally join the rest of the world and sign up for Netflix. My god, it's wonderful! I'm kind of addicted to rating movies now so that I can get good recommendations! I've started watching Big Love (the series) and really like it so far. This is so much better than having cable!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#67 of 307 Old 06-07-2007, 11:27 PM

Hey all...
And especially hi to SoulJourney!

I'm back to having major bedtime woes with Isa. She is very independent about the actual business of going to sleep (finding a comfy position, rolling around, sipping her water cup...) that is, she doesn't like to be bothered or interfered with during this time. However, I (or DH) can NOT leave the room. I personally don't care how long she takes to go to sleep, or if she wants to stay up and talk to herself until she falls asleep, etc... I just don't want to have to sit in the room with her for 45 minutes (sometimes longer!) while she does so...
any advice????
#68 of 307 Old 06-08-2007, 04:53 AM

AACK! I just composed a big ol' post and it was zapped.

Well, it's now far past my bedtime, so I will just recap quickly--

1. Our house finally closed.
2. We finally moved.
3. We finally closed on our new house here in Louisville. We're still in a hotel while the floors get refinished and all of our furniture and crap are currently in the garage but we're hanging out at the house during the day anyway and gradually getting moved in what we can in the percentage of the house that we can be in (namely, the basement and the kitchen.)
4. We met Amy and her DH and Brynn today--Yay! They are just as cute and nice in person! We actually live insanely close to each other! Brynn is indeed crazily verbally advanced too, and super-polite! She's a total cutie!

I did finally catch up with the May thread and the current one, at least.

Teresa, I am really sorry for your loss. It sounds like Woody is a joy, though, making you laugh when you don't even want to!!! He's so cute in that picture! As your once and former swap partner, I've missed you and I'm glad that you're back on the thread!!
#69 of 307 Old 06-08-2007, 05:51 AM

Yay, Laura's back! Happy moving, Kavita!!! We've missed you.

Jaymi, Skye does this too. Think of it as knitting time, maybe?

Michelle nice to see you back. Don't say congratulations, though, it's too early yet. Just cross your fingers for us :

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#70 of 307 Old 06-08-2007, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Can I just tell y'all how fun it is to have Kavita and Co. here? I feel like I already have a comrade here, which is nice. It was so fun to finally get to meet her and her DH, and Ella, of course! Ella is sooooooooooooo adorable: giggly and smiley with huge beautiful brown eyes. The girls had fun swimming in the baby pool and dumping water on themselves and me. I'll post some pictures possibly later today.

I have to tell y'all what Brynn said last night. Well first I should preface by saying that she is *really* into her female parts lately. She's diaperless a lot of the time when we're home, and she's contsantly tugging on her labia and generally poking around down there. (Are any of your girls doing this?) So anyway, she was sitting on the floor naked while I brushed my teeth, and she pulled her labia all the way apart, and looked down to examine herself, and after a moment said, "That's a penis in there!" I told her to tell DH, so she walked over to him and said, "A penis in the vagina!" His eyes got really wide and he mouthed to me, "What is she talking about??!" I said, "It's your clitoris, Brynn." So she spent the rest of the evening talking about her clitoris in her labia.

She also talks a lot about her toys having penises (penisi? what's the plural?) and vaginas or labia. Oh, and she saw Kavita's dog's penis yesterday, so that was a topic of discussion all evening long.

That's my child!

#71 of 307 Old 06-08-2007, 01:37 PM

No, Amy, you can't tell me how nice it is to have a comrade Not unless you impeach that president of yours so I can come and visit with a clear conscience, that is....
But yes, we have big discussions about genitalia and poo

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#72 of 307 Old 06-08-2007, 02:27 PM

Howdy, mamas. Thanks for all the s and the warm welcomes back. I feel well loved on my little home-thread!

I'm drinking my morning coffee (still, I know, at one in the afternoon), with the accompaniments that we had on hand: unrefined brown sugar and goat's milk. It's an interesting combination, maybe not one I'd choose on a regular basis, but then we're having an irregular day. Last night at 3 a.m. Woody woke up to tell me he was wet. So I got up to change him but out of nowhere he began to pitch a fit, threw himself backwards, and fell headfirst off the bed. Lord, what a thud! I screamed, my husband flew out of bed, Woody boy howled. He seems fine--no lumps or weird behavior, but we've all been a little *off* today.

Kavita and Amy, how nice for y'all to be in the same city, and to live close!

Woody's not penis-obsessed yet, but he does love a good fart. We'll be playing hide and seek, and when he hides he'll squeeze out a really loud one and laugh, laugh, laugh until you come find him. Dh and I are not above scatalogical humor, though, so it plays well here!
#73 of 307 Old 06-08-2007, 02:58 PM

Rowan's pretty interested in the dog peeing, and she'll tell me when she's pooped, and, like Woody, is pretty thrilled with the farts, although she doesn't fart much (at all?) if I do it : we have a good giggle.

She likes to poke her girl-bits but she hasn't done tons of exploring. She does spend a LOT of time on her tummy rolling/balancing on a ball, and gets quite upset if we take her off, and I have a sneaking suspicion she's doing it for the fun fun feelings. I haven't told DH of my suspicion because she also does it on his head occasionally and I don't want him to get all weird and squicky about it. It's totally natural and harmless but I don't think he'd necessarily see it that way. Is that wrong? To not tell him, I mean. He's not a girl and he doesn't know that pressure on that area can be a fun thing.

Kavita - good to see you again! I'm glad you and Amy are having fun together!

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#74 of 307 Old 06-08-2007, 03:15 PM

Oh man. It happens every month. It takes me a week to realize that I'm not getting the updates, and when I sub to the new thread, it's pages long! Oh well, better late than never!

Hope everyone is ok.

We're having the hottest day of the year here, in the upper 90's. Yikes, I"m afraid for what July will be like.
#75 of 307 Old 06-08-2007, 03:36 PM

DiD MY heart breaks for the baby but I'm so glad your friend is seeking and taking advice! *hugs* mama

HoneyTree - Don't know ya well yet, but I'm trying to keep up. *hugs* and *tears* for you as you go through this...but you seem an amazingly strong mama!! I'm so blessed through your strength!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcelona View Post
kaspirant, any more official wedding pictures available?
YES. I *PROMISE* to get those available to ya this weekend. I've had them on my myspace but it's all private and I kept thinking I'd get them on my wedding site....if you can't wait and have myspace then add me www.myspace.com/kaspirant

Quote:
Where is kaspirant, anyhow? Still on honeymoon?
I'm here I'm here...It's been so busy. School is out next Thursday and the end of the year always swamps me. We are planning a *HUGE* road trip from Southern California to St Louis and we'll be gone for about 2 1/2 weeks. I'm seriously stressing about being completely prepared...not to mention we are TTC...so if this *is* my month we are doing this road trip with a toddler and a mama in her first trimester :

I couldn't believe that I've missed so much already. This month has been crazy. Last night DH and I hired our first babysitter and he took me to the 8th grade formal. We dressed up in our wedding clothes and danced circles around my students. It was so much fun!! I only have 4 more days with kids and 5 more work days before summer!!!!

Jacob is growing like crazy and his personality is just *popping* out of him. I struggle with his behavior when we go to my friends house...but she is much more mainstream than I am and is constantly yelling *no no* to him and I am beginning to wonder if he's reacting to the difference.../shrug I don't know but I do know he doesn't do those things at home or at daycare...

okay...I should get back to watching my kids watch Bill Nye...I will be back...and I won't disappear for weeks at a time
#76 of 307 Old 06-08-2007, 10:12 PM

Isa is totally into her yoni... She also goes diaperfree a lot and that's when she checks it out. She explores most frequently while on the potty. I haven't made any encouraging remarks, but have also not set any limitations or conditions on it. I think she needs to know what she's dealing with down there. I didn't know until I was in college!:

Hope all is well with everyone.

HoneyTree: Sorry about your loss, but so glad to know you've got somebody there to make you smile.

zjande: I just ordered several of those reusable ziplock wrapnmat things. I haven't used them yet, but they came in this afternoon. I already was using a full set of cloth grocery sacks, but also just got some reusable produce bags. I love them!

spughy: I wish I could knit while she was drifting off, but whenever I try to read, knit, or compute while she's supposed to be sleeping, she thinks she can get up and play. If I act like I'm sleeping, she at least knows what she's supposed to be doing, even if she doesn't do it!:
#77 of 307 Old 06-09-2007, 12:34 AM

So, I was just browsing through our May thread because I missed out on the last couple of pages. Helen, you mentioned a life bead swap?! Could we go ahead and get that started??!! I'm in dire need of a new necklace as Noah has destroyed all of my really cool ones. I missed out on the swap when we were preggo...I came into the group too late. I would SO love to do a bead swap with you mamas!

BTW, Helen...you keep your baby dust sprinkling fingers away from me! There are times that I have baby lust but not anything like most of you! Of course, there is that minor detail that has to occur before one actually can conceive. I'll know what it's like again one day, really I will. Y'all know that I haven't even DATED in the past two years??!! I mean, technically, I went out on two pseudo-dates (hiking with Noah in tow) with someone last summer before I realized he was just like everything else I had ever dated before. Other than that, NADA. :

Lydia...I was reading in last month's thread that you are quitting your job! Did that happen yet? I'm so happy for you!

Amy & Kavita...I'm glad you guys are having some groovy bonding time! Indy is only a couple of hours away! Remember that camping trip idea?! I have three weeks off the end of July beginning of August...it would be great if we could get together then! I have a good friend from Colorado who is applying for a coaching (rowing) position in L'ville. Having all three of you there would almost make me want to move!!!

Alright, mamas...night night time for me. I have a date with myself in the morning. Sunshinesister, aka my roommate, is keeping Noah for me for a couple of hours in the morning so that I can go for a run or rollerblade then hang out at my favorite coffee shop without having to constantly chase after a crazed toddler!
#78 of 307 Old 06-09-2007, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulJourney View Post
So, I was just browsing through our May thread because I missed out on the last couple of pages. Helen, you mentioned a life bead swap?! Could we go ahead and get that started??!! I'm in dire need of a new necklace as Noah has destroyed all of my really cool ones. I missed out on the swap when we were preggo...I came into the group too late. I would SO love to do a bead swap with you mamas!

I'm interested in this too!! Count me in!!
#79 of 307 Old 06-09-2007, 03:01 AM

I am not sure about quitting my job now.
We haven't been getting child support, our food benefits were ended and today we got a letter from the IRS saying we are being audited and they want daycare, doctor or church records proving DP lived with us/supported us, none of which we have because the kids did not go to daycare, the doctor or church so they're saying we'll have to pay back the $6,000 EITC we got. We're also on the verge of having our electricity shut off, we're two, almost three months behind on the car payment and things are not looking good for the new job Jim applied for.
Sorry to dump all this out, I'm really upset right now.
#80 of 307 Old 06-09-2007, 04:39 AM

OMG, DiD, that is really wrong.
If I can offer some advice, we went through something similar with our tax credits over here a few years ago, when Steve and I were first together. What helped us was getting our MP (elected member of parliament) involved, and getting help in filling in the appeal forms. For them to say that you can't prove that your partner was living with you unless your children go to daycare, church or doctors is ridiculous- he doesn't have parental responsibility for anyone other than Suriya so wouldn't be taking them to doctors anyhow. I'd let the electric company know that you have a three month old baby in the house as well- over here, that means that your electricity can't be cut off, but they can put you on a prepayment meter (which means you pay more for each unit of electricity but makes it easier to budget.) I'd find out if that's an option for you.
Is Jim listed on Gabriel's school records? If not, does he pick him up sometimes? There's got to be a way around this somehow...

#81 of 307 Old 06-09-2007, 04:53 AM

Are we doing the bead swap the same way we did last time, with one mama collecting and sorting the beads and posting them back out to people? If so, does anyone in NA have time? Or are you happy with international postage?
Kaspirant, still sending you much baby dust . I was really hoping this was your month, too.
Michelle, when Isaac was Noah's age I'd been celibate for 26 months and was kind of accustomed to just having my little guy in my bed (Alex had his own bed.) Then we met Steve, and the rest is history

#82 of 307 Old 06-09-2007, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

DiD, sorry things are so stressful for your family right now. I hope things resolve quickly and that you can indeed quit your job!

Michelle, have a beautiful date with yourself this morning!!

We had one of the most terrifying experiences ever yesterday. Brynn and I were in her room, and she pulled one of the dresser drawers out, and apparently either kept pulling on it after it stopped, or pulled her weight down like she was trying to climb into it. I turned to look just as the dresser was starting to tip over. I screamed, and leapt in front of it to try to stop it from crushing her. I managed to catch it just before it landed on her, but the bottom two drawers knocked her over and pinned her down, but luckily, she fell back onto her beanbag chair, which I think helped to cushion her. She was hysterical of course, but we checked her over and found only a tiny cut on her cheeck from a picture frame breaking, THANK GOD.

I shook for about 15 minutes afterwards, and DH said, "She could have died if you hadn't caught it." It was SO. SCARY. And then I thought about all the times when she's just all over the house playing while I'm in another room, or taking a shower. So today we're going to go buy some of those hooks that you put into the wall and then attach to the furniture, and put them on anything tall and heavy.

I didn't think we really had to worry about stuff like that so much, but y'all might want to just take a look around your houses to see if you have any dangers like that lurking about.

#83 of 307 Old 06-09-2007, 09:13 AM

Amy. That sounds so scary, I'm glad she's OK.

#84 of 307 Old 06-09-2007, 01:00 PM

page 5! holy..you are talkers this month.

i havn't read anything so im sorry if i missed any big news..good or bad. i plan to read the posts and reply, but not right now. my mind is still wrapping itself around using the toilet and having running water

love you all!
fern

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#85 of 307 Old 06-09-2007, 01:13 PM

Hey, Fern, using a toilet is a big deal Happy running water day to you!

#86 of 307 Old 06-09-2007, 02:18 PM

flapjack - Thanks for the babydust...I'm soooo ready for it...I'm waiting to o right now...and I tell you this *waiting* game that TTC encompasses is NUTS! We were very happily surprised the first time so I've never done the actual trying part...

As school is getting out, I'm going to have much more free time...soooo If no one esle is jumping at the chance...I would love to help out with the bead swap!!! My understanding every one picks a bead and sends me (x) amount and then I will repackage them with one bead from everyone and send them on to each participant? If that's right...Sure is something I can do!!

*Amy* - That is so scary!! I'm so glad you were there!! *hugs* mama. GL with the Toddler-proofing. It's MUCH harder than baby-proofing IMO.

DiD Ohhh mama! I've been there. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. It's such a hard place to be in...I don't have any of the answers to the insurance stuff...it's all Greek to me. But I'm here if you need to talk/vent/cry etc...and to tell you that IME...once you hit bottom it's always so much greener coming out of it.. You find a greater appreciation for what you have when you are faced with having nothing. *hugs*

And I just had to add barcelona lives somewhere near me!!! I just now found out. So yay! I hope we can meet up and let the kiddos play!! well that is if she wants to play with us... :

I just got a call from my *best friend* in town. We were planning on getting together today with a few other mama's. Our kiddos are a month apart. We met when we were pregnant and through the last couple of years have gotten really close. We plan our summer months down to a T because I'm home and not working. During the school year I'd go over to her house and crash out and watch TV and things *she TiVo'd my one show for me and we watched it together*. Well Wednesday we did that but I brought DH and DS with me instead of just DS. We found out when we got there that DS had had a rough day at daycare because he was being unusually rough..so I kept reminding DH to keep a close eye on him when I wasn't there. There was a point where he went up to K and gave her hugs. It was adorable. He gave her kisses and more hugs. She was grinning and we all were adoring them. But then he bit her on the cheek. I took him away and held him telling him that *teeth hurt* and that K was crying because he used his teeth on her. I helped BF take care of K and kept an eagle eye on DS for the rest of the night. No more incidents...he was more rough but we kept him from hurting himself, K or any of BF's stuff....I apologized as we left that DS was so *off* and BF agreed that he was and I thought that was the end of it.

Fast forward to today. She calls me an hour before she's supposed to come over for our playdate and says "I'm not coming" I said "Okaaay?" She replied, "I need a break from you guys. I have felt it all week and I hoped it would go away but I just can't spend time with you."

I'm heartbroken. I know that DS bit K and I realize where *I* needed to do things differently to avoid that sort of situation...but I thought our friendship was deeper than something like this. I've been so stressed out lately with school...it's been a nightmare. I know I've been distant...you guys know I've been distant...it's taken all my energy to just do my job and be a mama and a wife...but I'm hurting now...

I know I would have reacted differently in this situation from her...because I've been the bit child's mama before and honestly I was more afraid for the girl who bit DS because her mama came over and bit her when it happened...but I just feel so sad...like I am losing something because of choices that I'm making...but at the same time I don't feel like I'm making the wrong choices...so I wonder if I'm supposed to just let her go...I don't want to.

So I sit her crying. Wishing I knew what to do and how to react to all this. :
#87 of 307 Old 06-09-2007, 05:43 PM

Alicia. When you're ready to talk, I'd say it with a card or a note, rather than by picking up the phone. Sometimes slow and steady thinking and talking can go a long way in situations like this.

#88 of 307 Old 06-09-2007, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Alicia. When you're ready to talk, I'd say it with a card or a note, rather than by picking up the phone. Sometimes slow and steady thinking and talking can go a long way in situations like this.

I'm hurting. She is hurting. My pastor said some wise words *hurting people hurt people* I'm going to wait until I'm not hurting...and then I may even wait some more.
#89 of 307 Old 06-10-2007, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
Sorry to dump all this out, I'm really upset right now.
lydia- i'm so sorry! that is alot to be dealing with! i know some people here though who succeeded in having power turned off by proving there was a baby who lived there. . . i wish i could help, but all i can offer is a

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amy* View Post
We had one of the most terrifying experiences ever yesterday.
how scary! i'm glad she is okay. these toddlers, i tell ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaspirant View Post
So I sit her crying. Wishing I knew what to do and how to react to all this. :
i don't have any advice, but i can tell you that my keagan has never bitten anyone other than me : but he has hit and has been hit by other children. i would wonder if your friend has something else going on right now and just feels like she in general needs time to herself.

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
#90 of 307 Old 06-10-2007, 02:58 AM

Lydia: mama. We're sending positive vibes to help you get through the rough patch.

Alicia: I'm sorry your friend is not understanding toddler-hood. : Noah just recently (like in the past week) picked up biting from one of his friends. It SUCKS. He bit the little boy I nanny for THREE TIMES on the same arm, in the same day. So hard that the NEXT DAY there were still three swollen outlines of Noah's mouth on his right arm! : And I was within ten feet of them each time it happened! It's very frustrating and I hope you and your friend can work this out. It happens. Her kiddo will probably be the biter at some point, too.

Helen: I always love the reminders that some of you all have been in my shoes before! I'm going through another "When in the hell will I ever meet someone?" phase! It's probably because my single mama roomie recently met someone and is in the "oh-so-happy-in-love-that-we-cannot-detach-ourselves-from-one-another" phase and I get to witness it!

Amy: How scary!!! I'm glad she's OK! Noah gave me quite a scare at the mall play area the other day. I thought he ran out of the play area and instead he was standing on the ledge separating the play area from the food court! This was happening while I was trying to comfort the little boy I care for! First time I've ever had that weak in the knees, my heart has completely bottomed out feeling over Noah. I did NOT like it at all. Sadly enough, this is NOT going to be the last time we experience this, in case you didn't realize! Oh, and thanks for the well wishes for my date with me...I did have a fine time, indeed! I forced myself to just SIT at the coffee shop for a good hour and a half to just read and relax. It was actually really hard to just sit for that long. Never used to be!

Oh, and Alicia, that would be awesome if you want to volunteer to be in charge of the bead swap! I was going to offer if nobody else could but you may be able to get them out quicker! Let us know if it's a go!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page