~*~April '06 Mamas, June Is Here!~*~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 90 Old 06-02-2007, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New thread for a new month!

We got the blood test results and Guinevere's anemia is definitely iron-related, but wasn't as bad as it had seemed from the ped's tests (her levels for one test were 10.4, not 9.4 and 11 is considered normal, so that was great news!).

But of course the ped said we had to go back to the hospital in a month for another round of tests and blood draw and we're declining it. The nurses were incredibly rude to us (tried to bully me out of letting her nurse while they drew her blood), and the ped is continuing to be an alarmist, so we made an appt with a dofferent doctor in that group and will let him do a fingerprick in a month.

Assuming her levels continue to improve (we're still giving her the Tri-Iron and iron fortified foods) we may consider another blood draw in three+ months, but not before. No need to traumatize her any more than necessary.

Anyway. Hope everyone's doing well. It's been a crazy month -- she's running now! All the time. It's hilarious. :P And talking and signing in her sleep. So cute.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#2 of 90 Old 06-02-2007, 06:18 PM

Glad to hear about your sweetie, Nighten. Thanks for updating.

We're doing well here, sleeping really great and so his attitude is back to the sweetheart i know. We have visited many parks over the last week and a palace here...he roamed free and just loved exploring the grass and eating bark.

Not too much talking or signing (i wish i had been more disciplined in that...) but am starting that now as he is frustrated he can't talk.

Running here...6 teeth...and just the happiest mama.

We have still not gotten PPAF, but i think i O'd and may be pregnant...i'm waiting another few days before testing. Very excited! it would be perfect timing for us...

DOES ANYONE GIVE A MULTI-VITAMIN DROP to their kiddos?
#3 of 90 Old 06-02-2007, 07:09 PM

subscribing

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#4 of 90 Old 06-02-2007, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmama View Post
We have still not gotten PPAF, but i think i O'd and may be pregnant...i'm waiting another few days before testing. Very excited! it would be perfect timing for us...

DOES ANYONE GIVE A MULTI-VITAMIN DROP to their kiddos?
Oh congrats if you're pregnant. The older Winnie gets, the more certain we are she'll be an only child.

We don't give her an multivitamins, as she still nurses quite a lot, but we are giving her the Tri-Iron herbal iron supplement. I was under the impression that as long as they're still getting breastmilk, it's not necessary to supplement? Of course I thought the same thing about iron too and that was way wrong in our case.

The Floradix people make a vitamin supplement that looks good, but I'm not sure on dosage and what age to start. Here's a link to the one I'm talking about: http://www.florahealth.com/flora/hom...64780_MORE.htm

I like their products for kids as they pasteurize the honey, etc., so you don't have to worry about botulism risk before age two.

#5 of 90 Old 06-02-2007, 10:27 PM

Hi everyone! We took Amelia in for allergy testing yesterday. It was confirmed that she is allergic to eggs. But that was it. So now I have to figure out why she's breaking out in hives when she eats oatmeal and milk products (except cheese). I was unhappy with this doctor though. It's funny though that he's the same doctor to did my allergy testing so many years ago (and I didn't like him then either). Today I gave Amelia some cheese sauce made with milk and she immediately got hives (even where the sauce touched her skin). Later in the week I'm going to try putting milk directly on her skin to see what happens. I think I'm going to take her to a naturopath to try to sort this all out. Thankfully her egg allergy is fairly minor, so she should grow out of it by the time she's 5.

Amelia is doing really well with her potty learning. She signs before or immediately after she pees, and always signs before a bowel movement. I'll be so happy when we're no longer in diapers. At least with the warm weather I can let her run free most of the time.

No multivitamins here. She eats a good range of fruit, vegetables and meat, plus she's still nursing about 75% of the time.

My fingers are crossed for you mkmama! Can't wait to hear.
#6 of 90 Old 06-03-2007, 01:54 AM

hi everyone! Update time!
Adah is doing great, she's running around now. She puts her head down, holds her arms behind her back and runs. SO cute!
She's really starting to talk a lot now. She basically repeats (or at least tries to) every word I ask her to say. She says "hiiiiii" with a big grin and it just blows people away it's so cute! Unless of course, she doesn't feel like it and then she just says "no" and cocks her head when I say "say hi!". She says "baby" "flower" and "water" very clearly and knows over 30 signs! She'll "perform" her sign language whenever we want too.... a great party trick!
she also learned "snuggle" and she rests her head on my chest when I say it. OMG! I love her!

I'm crossing my fingers as I say this, but I think we might be *finally* at the end of a long potty strike. She's been very clearly signalling "potty" right after she pees! arg! But today and yesterday, she's taken advantage of pretty much every "potty-tunity" I've given her. Today we only missed two pees!! Woo hoo!! We've been catching poos for months now so it's really nice to be back on track with pees too. Of course, we're getting ready for a big move in two weeks so we'll see where that puts us.

She's SO into walking that we can't really get her to stay in the stroller or Ergo for long at all. Kind of puts a damper on my exercise routine! It's fun taking her to the bike path and letting her walk though.

She's still not eating very much. Nursing a TON. I had a plugged duct and still have a milk blister *ow*.

She's still waking up every 2-3 hours all night long. I think she's going through another growth spurt. Nightime EC is going better too. I finally ordered some wool soakers so I can put her in cloth at night. (we've been using sposies at night : ) She seems to be into her little potty again, which is a very good thing, for night and travel.

STILL only TWO teeth.... oh teeth, where are you? I'm so afraid she's going to get them all at once.... please god let them come before our 10 day camping music festival in July (or after... I could handle that too)

she's also discovered the fine art of the temper tantrum. She is very intense when she wants something and will fling herself on the floor and scream and not be consoled by me at all. I just tell her "I'm sorry you can't have that!" and try to re-direct her and give her my attention while she thrashes around. :

hmmm... what else? I guess that's it for now. We're SO lucky to not have any food allergy or and other health issues. good luck to everyone with all that!

mama to dd (4-15-06) and
ds (2-23-09)
#7 of 90 Old 06-03-2007, 07:24 PM

So like, over the weekend, Bella has gone from baby to toddler. She started walking, she's getting *five* new teeth, and she's talking up a storm. It literally feels like an overnight change. She's all happy and chatty, a real toddler Bella! It's very exciting, but on the other hand... my last baby is leaving babyhood behind her! : With these steps, I enter a new era of parenthood. I'm glad that my last at least was a baby for a good long time.

:

#8 of 90 Old 06-03-2007, 11:39 PM

anyone's baby not walking or talking yet? Morgan has taken a few steps, maybe 4? and only with great encouragement while she whines the whole time. I am soooo ready for her to walk already! We hang out with a bunch of mamas and older kids and she is the only one crawling still. She gets so darn filthy crawling around the park, etc. She isn't really saying much either, Hi and Bye Bye is about it. Very rarely we will hear a mamamamama or a dadadada, but I'm not quite sure if she is even talking to us. Her buddy who is 2 weeks older than her is walking and talking up a storm. Morgan babbles a ton and has "conversations" with us, intonates correctly, etc so I'm not super worried or anything, but I feel like she is for sure on the "late" end of the spectrum for stuff. Mostly she just screams and whines which some days (like today) is soooo hard to take! How many naps are your babes taking now. She is still doing 2, but I think she may be getting ready to go to one, I can't tell. It is like one nap is not enough, but two is too much!

Mom to Morgan 4-3-06 and announcing Baby Kelsey 4-11-10
#9 of 90 Old 06-04-2007, 02:49 AM

Hi All,
I've been reading your posts and thought I'd join the thread. I just joined mdc but my DD is an April '06 baby and it's so fun to read about all of your little ones.

Clara was born April 21st '06. She was over three weeks early. (surprise!) We had a waterbirth with DH, midwife and doula at a nearby birth center. What a beautiful experience! Clara is a tiny girl, just almost 17# now. She is signing well and immitating us all the time. She is pretty observant and careful-not willing to take risks-so she isn't walking yet, just cruising around if she can hold onto something for balance. Clara is still bfing, she is wheat, dairy and egg free to ward of allergies later.

Some other info is that AF returned at 8 wks pp for me and we are pregnant again with our second. I am almost 12 weeks along. I'm so happy to meet this new baby and loved being preg. last time. This time, I'm SO TIRED and SICK. It's really wiped me out to keep bfing. We're down to only two feedings a day-I just don't have any supply and Clara gets frustrated when there's no milk. I did lots of research on tandem nursing and hoped to nurse Clara as long as possible, but I don't know how it's going to happen.

Well, that's a little about us! I look forward to your updates and advice.

ps-what sippy cups do you recommend? All the ones we've tried have been rejected!

Christy-SAHM to my elf princess(4/06) and my little man (12/07). Married to the love of my life and expecting our pumpkin baby boy 10/09! :
#10 of 90 Old 06-04-2007, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy5386 View Post
anyone's baby not walking or talking yet? Morgan has taken a few steps, maybe 4? and only with great encouragement while she whines the whole time. I am soooo ready for her to walk already! We hang out with a bunch of mamas and older kids and she is the only one crawling still. She gets so darn filthy crawling around the park, etc. She isn't really saying much either, Hi and Bye Bye is about it. Very rarely we will hear a mamamamama or a dadadada, but I'm not quite sure if she is even talking to us. Her buddy who is 2 weeks older than her is walking and talking up a storm. Morgan babbles a ton and has "conversations" with us, intonates correctly, etc so I'm not super worried or anything, but I feel like she is for sure on the "late" end of the spectrum for stuff. Mostly she just screams and whines which some days (like today) is soooo hard to take! How many naps are your babes taking now. She is still doing 2, but I think she may be getting ready to go to one, I can't tell. It is like one nap is not enough, but two is too much!
:
My friend's daughter born in April is not walking at all (just started pulling up) and babbles a bit and signs/points. but not any talking. My DS is not talking but is walking/running. (other than babbles and a few words). I know you know this but she will come along eventually, and for now just enjoy that she can't get away too fast!
#11 of 90 Old 06-04-2007, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny_Dancer View Post
Hi All,
I've been reading your posts and thought I'd join the thread. I just joined mdc but my DD is an April '06 baby and it's so fun to read about all of your little ones.

Clara was born April 21st '06. She was over three weeks early. (surprise!) We had a waterbirth with DH, midwife and doula at a nearby birth center. What a beautiful experience! Clara is a tiny girl, just almost 17# now. She is signing well and immitating us all the time. She is pretty observant and careful-not willing to take risks-so she isn't walking yet, just cruising around if she can hold onto something for balance. Clara is still bfing, she is wheat, dairy and egg free to ward of allergies later.

Some other info is that AF returned at 8 wks pp for me and we are pregnant again with our second. I am almost 12 weeks along. I'm so happy to meet this new baby and loved being preg. last time. This time, I'm SO TIRED and SICK. It's really wiped me out to keep bfing. We're down to only two feedings a day-I just don't have any supply and Clara gets frustrated when there's no milk. I did lots of research on tandem nursing and hoped to nurse Clara as long as possible, but I don't know how it's going to happen.

Well, that's a little about us! I look forward to your updates and advice.

ps-what sippy cups do you recommend? All the ones we've tried have been rejected!

You are most welcome to join in. Thanks for sharing about your little DD. My friend's DD eats EATS EATS and is 18#. I am so happy for you and your pregnancy! Congrats! We are trying right now for #2 but no AF yet. Actually i think i might be pregnant. i am going to test friday!

I totally recommend NUK sippies. My DS would not take anything until the NUK which is PVC free, and now he'll take anything but that is still his favorite.

There is lots of good info in the breastfeeding forum for tandem nursing and keeping supply up.
#12 of 90 Old 06-04-2007, 11:00 AM

subscribing

#13 of 90 Old 06-04-2007, 01:38 PM

Thanks for the welcome, mkmama and for all the info. Good luck with your pg test. It's such a blessing to imagine another baby! Also, I love the sentence about being satisfied in God on your signature. It always makes me feel peaceful and calm.

Christy-SAHM to my elf princess(4/06) and my little man (12/07). Married to the love of my life and expecting our pumpkin baby boy 10/09! :
#14 of 90 Old 06-04-2007, 02:52 PM

Hi All!
A short update...M is learning to speed walk Technically I guess he is running (he's super fast), but we aren't sure how he goes so fast because he just looks like he's walking! He finally cut another tooth (#8), so now all the front ones are in. Only the big 'uns left and I'm *scared* because he has such a tough time with teeth! Guess I'll just make sure our stock of teething tabs never runs low and figure I'll sleep when I'm dead...

He's getting more into signing, which is so cool because he can ask for/tell us what he wants and rarely gets frustrated. I think he would sign more if I knew the signs to teach him, so we have the Signing Times video on reserve at the library for a start. I have a few books, but I've noticed the ones that stick in my head are ones I've seen other people use (like at playgroup).

On the subject of food allergies...when he was a tiny babe he was *super* sensitive to dairy and eggs in my diet so he doesn't get those. I've been able to add dairy back, though I think he may still be a bit sensitive to too much. Eggs...? He's also had no wheat due to strong allergies on both family sides. two questions - Tiny Dancer (welcome) and I noticed you are withholding the same items. When/how do you plan to introduce? And Halaroo, how was Amelia's allergy testing done? I'm tempted to do something like testing rather than a guessing game, though it doesn't necessarily sound like your results were totally accurate, huh? Thanks in advance ladies!

Renee ~ glad to hear your results were good and I think your follow up plan sounds great Sorry you've had such a rollercoaster ride!

mkmama ~ : for you!

Last question...PP AF and bf (sorry so short, nak now)...I got my first AF right at 12 months and definitely ovulated and my supply *nosedived* w/ ovulation. I know this is normal and it came back up no prob (oatmeal and Mother's Milk tea), but in the meantime M nurses like a fiend and my nipples feel like they will fall off!!! I believe I'm o'ing now, he nursed ALL NIGHT, I'm super sore and a couple of times last night I just wanted to cry and tell him to go away Does this happen to anyone else and what do you do to cope?

Jessica, CNM placenta.gif+ DH geek.gif + sweet boy (4/06) jog.gif
#15 of 90 Old 06-04-2007, 04:06 PM

Wittyone - they did the scratch test. She had about 30 scratches on her arms. and they did 2 separate needle pricks for peanuts and eggs. I heard that a blood test can be pretty accurate, so I'll probably look into that and the naturopath. This doctor didn't seem to believe me when I explained her reactions and wouldn't even look at or take the detailed food/reaction log that I've been keeping for the past month. My mom suggested that I start taking pictures of Amelia's reactions immediately as they happen so I can bring in documented proof of her hives. Unfortunately there is a 1 year wait for most allergists in this area, so I'd have a hard time finding a second opinion!
#16 of 90 Old 06-04-2007, 05:06 PM

Halroo ~ Thanks for the info. Sounds like you guys had a rather rotten experience with the doc...how dumb can you be to not want to see what's been happening with your client over a period of time?!? Parents are the best source of info about a child, who has a more vested interest or spends more time with them? Duh! Best of luck with your follow up, and I think your mom's picture idea is a good one. If you ever get anyone to listen it would be really helpful for them to see what you are describing.

#17 of 90 Old 06-04-2007, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enudely View Post
she's also discovered the fine art of the temper tantrum. She is very intense when she wants something and will fling herself on the floor and scream and not be consoled by me at all. I just tell her "I'm sorry you can't have that!" and try to re-direct her and give her my attention while she thrashes around. :
One thing I discovered (I think it was from the Connection Parenting book, but don't remember exactly) is that it can help if you make the distinction between what belongs to Adah and what belongs to Mama (or Daddy). So instead of just saying you can't have that, try specifying "That's Mommy's <whatever> and we can't play with that. But here is Adah's <something else> and you may play with that."

The big thing for us is the lotion/shampoo bottles. I learned quick to let her have her own, so when she wants to play with mine, I remind her "That's Mama's lotion. Let's go find your lotion!"

And it's helped immensely. But the thing to remember is that once something is identified as belonging to her, it's her right to play with it. So if something's frustrating Winnie and it's hers, then we try to redirect her attention to something else of hers that won't be as frustrating in the moment. We say "bye-bye" to whatever's irritating her, and put it where it always lives (so she won't think it's just *gone*) and go find something else. It has helped enormously with giving her closure and teaching her that just because we don't need to play with something now doesn't mean we won't play with it later.

Our challenge has been in trying to say yes as often or moreso, than we say no to something. I respect parents who try to never use the word no with their kids, but it's just not practical in our house. So we try very hard to focus on letting her have ownership of her things, but respecting our things too, if that makes sense.

Anyway, not trying to preach or anything at all -- just sharing what's helped us.

----

Welcome, Tiny_Dancer!

----

snoopy, Guinevere started walking on her birthday but it was a good month after before she really started trusting herself more and started walking instead crawling. I would try not to worry if I were you, since some babes wait until they can just take off running, and others go much more slowly.

As for talking, Winnie's not doing much of that at all. But she signs a TON. I mean it's amazing, really. So maybe try and see if your wee one would like signing? We've not worried an ounce over tha lack of verbal progress, since she's obviously communicating, so ASL could be a help in your situation, like it has been in ours, maybe? GL there. :

She's down to one nap a day most days now, though we'd prefer it if she stuck with two since she obviously needs the second one -- just has a really hard time staying asleep for it. :/

#18 of 90 Old 06-04-2007, 11:04 PM

We managed not to say no to Bean for a long time. It was important to us because he was a very early talker, and quite frankly it irritates me when all a child says is "no." The most difficult thing for us was the ILs; when we explained that we didn't want to say "no" all the time, instead of saying "no" or redirecting, they would say "uh! uh! uh! uh! uh!" That TOTALLY ticked me off. They didn't understand where we were going at all...

In any case, that's a lot easier with one child and a longer temper (in my experience). Bella says "no," but she says yeah/yes more often. We work very hard to ask her "yes" questions-- "Do you want a nursie?" "Would you like a toy?" "Do you want to share?" "Does your sister love you?" and so forth. The kids do this out of habit (helpful, especially when I feel like pulling my hair out) now, which is nice.

Tiny Dancer-- welcome! I only had one kid who rejected sippies entirely-- my first. The answer was simple; we gave him a real cup instead, and only used the cheapest sippies (ones without valves) for the car. Have you ever tried to drink from a sippie cup? It's actually very difficult in many cases! It requires a strong suck, and a breastfeeding child of a mom with a good strong (or in my case overactive) letdown might not know how to suck that hard. They try their tricks-- try to squeeze the cup with their hand as they would the boob, try to get more of the spout into their mouth to work with their jaws, and they're thwarted at every turn. It's a recipe for sippy rejection. Try giving your baby a small plastic cup with about an ounce of water in it. The first few times you might have to hold the cup, but they pick up on it pretty quickly. Those flannel-backed rubber sheets that you may (or may not) use under your bedsheet or the baby's cribsheet also make wonderful cup-learning backups.

#19 of 90 Old 06-05-2007, 12:24 AM

nighten,
we are doing some sign with Morgan, we have a couple of the signing time videos and I try to sign other stuff with her as well. I have a hard time sometimes because my hands are always full when I want to sign to her, either I am holding her or I am holding her food, or I just plain forget! She has picked up a few signs, more and baby. I am going to keep working on it. What does everybody use to sign yogurt? I looked it up online and it was very complicated, so I am looking for something simpler to use instead.

Mom to Morgan 4-3-06 and announcing Baby Kelsey 4-11-10
#20 of 90 Old 06-05-2007, 09:24 AM

TinyDancer: Thanks!

Everyone else: I wish i had been more disciplined in signing. Elliot is so frustrated he can't tell me what he wants and i know he knows! Is it too late to start? will it take forever for him to pick it up?

Not pregnant. I am having major cramps like never before, but no AF. i'm sad...don't know what is going on with my body. Hopefully soon, if i ever get AF...i am so ready...
#21 of 90 Old 06-05-2007, 02:37 PM

mkmama ~ nope, it's never too late to pick up signing, and I have a feeling they pick it up even faster when they are a little older because their manual dexterity is getting even better. On your other topic, I was really crampy for several days before my first AF (right at 12 months). I figured it was all the long-unused machinery groaning to life Beware, my first was way heavier than they had previously been and (TMI) I actually leaked through a couple of times. I felt like a teenager who'd never done this before!! The worst was when I stood up to leave a client's house and she pulled me aside to make sure I was going straight home b/c there was blood on my pants...I almost died :

snoopy ~ I have the same trouble with signs, especially the ones that use two hands. What mother ever has two hands free?!?! I try to rotate the ones I concentrate on, like only one sign for a few days, so I don't drive myself crazy. That makes it easier for me to remember to do it. There are only a handful that he does regularly, but it keeps me motivated b/c it's so great to see him communicate and it's so darn cute

Cute story ~ yesterday we were in the car and he was fussing. I asked him to "show mama what you need." Immediately he stopped fussing and signed to nurse (he's still RF but I could see him in the mirror). I told him that I saw he needed to nurse and we would do that as soon as we got where we were going...no more fussing! It's got to be so nice for him to be understood

#22 of 90 Old 06-05-2007, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy5386 View Post
nighten,
we are doing some sign with Morgan, we have a couple of the signing time videos and I try to sign other stuff with her as well. I have a hard time sometimes because my hands are always full when I want to sign to her, either I am holding her or I am holding her food, or I just plain forget! She has picked up a few signs, more and baby. I am going to keep working on it. What does everybody use to sign yogurt? I looked it up online and it was very complicated, so I am looking for something simpler to use instead.
Well, if she's not getting ice cream yet, you could use that instead. It's really easy -- just make a fist and pretend your thumb is an ice cream cone and you're "licking" it so to speak. Just move it up and down a bit in front of your mouth.

I don't use a sign for yogurt, though as she sometimes gets organic ice cream on special occasions. So I just say yogurt. And if she wants it she lets me know, and ditto if not. But we're having a tough time with introducing cow's milk, since the sign for milk means Mama's milk/nursing. So we've started saying/signing cold + milk and see if that helps. She's not interested in it at all though really, so we haven't pushed it (though I secretly would like it if she weren't nursing sooo much still -- I get touched out way too often these days ), but I think using "ice cream" for yogurt would work. If you're comfy with it.

I understand the forgetting and everything and honestly, we probably let her watch the ST videos more than we should, but on days where she's refusing to nap, I'll take an extra run of ST over considering CIO anyday, you know? I am jealous of those parents who decided early on to have zero TV at all before age two and have stuck with it, but at the same time I remind myself that my main problems with TV are the lack of control over content and commercials, so the ST videos are okay sort of. At least that's what I tell myself. :P

Anyway, PM me if you want to commiserate on the signing stuff. Anything at all I can do to help, I'm happy to.

And mkmama, WittyOne's right. It's never too late and I think starting to focus on it more once they have better coordination is a great thing! It took us a while to realize that Guinevere *was* signing certain things, since she wasn't able to do it "properly" yet (so like water at first was fist to mouth, and now it's one finger to mouth -- she's still not at the three fingers stage but she's getting there). It takes some paying attention to context to figure it out, but it's absolutely never too late to start!

#23 of 90 Old 06-05-2007, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
With these steps, I enter a new era of parenthood. I'm glad that my last at least was a baby for a good long time.

:
Famous last words.... just got the today. :

#24 of 90 Old 06-05-2007, 11:08 PM

OMG!! eilonwy, here you go again!! : congratulations!
It's definitely worth it to do the signing at any age, we've had awesome success with it. Adah really signs for "milk" every single time she wants it.... same with "food" and "water". She signs "bird" when she sees a bird, "bath" when it's bath time et etc etc,... the list goes on and on. It's SO wonderful to be able to understand her needs and see her joy in communicating about the things in her world!
and.... duh duh DUH.. the big news... (No, I'm not pregnant again!)
She's been TOTALLY signing potty before she has to go!!!
hurray! Today, she signed "potty" then had a big poop in the toilet (sorry, tmi ) then, a few minutes later, she was signing again and I thought "oh well, might as well take her" and she pooped some more!!!
This morning, she came running up to me, signing "potty" and saying "pa! pa! pa! and I found out her training pants were a tiny bit wet, so I rushed her to the potty and she had a huge pee! She also signed potty in the car, and I pulled over and went to a gas station and she peed! yay! I'm so excited because we've been having problems with EC and pee catching for months. I know I shouldn't get too excited though, because we're about to move and who knows what'll happen with EC
I think Adah is *finally* working on those top teeth! She's been drooling and chewing on her fingers a lot. sound familiar?
Question about return of AF.... (no sign of it around here yet). Did you get a lot more mucousy discharge anytime before AF returned (sorry... tmi again!!) I'm having a lot of this, but no sign of af....

mama to dd (4-15-06) and
ds (2-23-09)
#25 of 90 Old 06-06-2007, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Famous last words.... just got the today. :
Oh my goodness. See that's what happens when you think you've got life planned out. Congrats! So exciting! I can't wait to be pregnant again. You've said you wanted four though before.

We're doing well here. He's signing a lot and talking up a storm. He does the potty sign and goes potty too. Yeah! It's so cool. He does the fist to the mouth for water as well, no fingers yet. Nursing sign almost everytime I hold him. Except he pats my breast not his chest. Does the all done sign and did it when he handed grandma an apple he had been chewing on and was done. Sometimes does the dog sign, but mostly just says dog or ow for kitty cat.

He's been climbing up and down our front porch. He's getting so good at it. You can see new pics under James in my sig.

Looks like everyone is doing so well.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#26 of 90 Old 06-06-2007, 02:33 AM

eilonwy ~ and congratulations How are you feeling?

#27 of 90 Old 06-06-2007, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittyone View Post
eilonwy ~ and congratulations How are you feeling?
Would it be wrong of me to say, "Eager to collect the deductable for Mike's snip?"

I'm terrified, irritated, excited, shocked, horrified, kinda hungry, kinda headachy, tickled, and have i mentioned that I'm shocked? Yeah.

#28 of 90 Old 06-06-2007, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, congrats, Rynna! Hope you have a stressfree and uneventful pregnancy.

#29 of 90 Old 06-06-2007, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Would it be wrong of me to say, "Eager to collect the deductable for Mike's snip?"

I'm terrified, irritated, excited, shocked, horrified, kinda hungry, kinda headachy, tickled, and have i mentioned that I'm shocked? Yeah.
rynna!

#30 of 90 Old 06-06-2007, 12:20 PM

Holy smokes Rynna!!! Congratulations!!!
My husband has baby envy-there are 13 of us in my new moms group, all with babies within 2 months of Wren. 7 of them are pregnant again, with new babies expected between August and February. I'm not ready!
Wren is getting so smart (brag brag). She signs and speaks about 25 words. She is so freaking cute I can't stand it!!

DD april 4/06, DS April 2/08. Someone new in fall '12.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page