May 06 Mamas Welcome to Week 2 in Toddlerland - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 110 Old 06-10-2007, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, it is now week 2 in Toddlerland and it is not as bad as imagined. I think it was mostly the dread of having my baby not be a baby anymore; but as I sit here and look at him I realize that he is and always will be my little baby. Well, dh's engine blew up at the race so he is on his way back home. I want him to do well at the races, but I am really glad he is coming home. I hate being her alone. Well, LO is sick w/ a cold and he is really whiney so I better go. I hope everyone has a great start to the week!!! Oh, and Erika I still have yet to get the pkg...I don't know if you have a tracking number or not...
#2 of 110 Old 06-10-2007, 08:59 AM

Hevyne, I was about to start a new thread and you beat me to it!

We had another crappy night last night. Phoebe is waking up at least every 2 hours. I'm exhausted and dh's back is bothering him again, so we are a pretty pathetic pair. I think Phoebe is wanting to walk and in The Wonder Weeks it says she's in the midst of another developmental leap (I'm sad we are through all the milestones in that book--how will I know when to expect fussy weeks now?!), and dh seems to think she really is teething this time. I'll believe it when I see it.
#3 of 110 Old 06-10-2007, 09:22 AM

Hey toddler mamas!

Hevyne- Hope your lo feels better soon (i hate then they have colds, such a bummer) Oh and my luke had the same two pair of shoes from stride rite i loved them but he outgrew them so fast

Amy- I'll join you in the sleepless night club

Luke did REALLY good for afew weeks (sleeping from 9pm till 5 or 6am!!) But then last night he was up too many times to even count.. ugh

in other toddler news i think luke is in the middle of a growth spurt.. he is eatting everything in sight! yesterday he ate: Oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, hash browns, organic O's and a teething cookie FOR BREAKFAST!! then he had a snack, lunch, dinner and another snack before before.. yikes!

he feet grew and now none of his shoes fit (He is wearing a 5 1/2 or 6 now!!) bigfoot
I got some see kai run sandals and i lovee them.. totally worth the cost!

off to make breakfast then go see my brother who is in town and sneak and swim at the hotel pool at all

have a happy sunday may mamas

~Jaclyn~ Mama to Lucas Wyatt born 5-3-06
#4 of 110 Old 06-10-2007, 11:04 AM

Hi, everybody -

We got the dog. Now we're at work for the AM and we'll get to see how he did being alone at home for the first time when we get back . . . so far he has been amazingly "good" - in quotation marks because I am sure he'll loosen up at least some when he gets used to us more. He wants to be no more than 3 feet away from me at all times, he is VERY responsive to my verbal directions, and he lets my LO climb on him and grab him with both hands with no reaction whatsoever. He doesn't seem to have any idea how to *play*, though. Not fetch, not tug of war, not anything. It's really sad.

Back to work!

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#5 of 110 Old 06-10-2007, 11:17 AM

Well, we are even more pathetic than I thought. DH is miserable because of his back, so he's really grumpy. He can't pick Phoebe up or stand for more than a few minutes at a time. I'm grumpy too since I'm so tired, which makes me all weepy and emotional. When he's out of sorts, he gets oversensitive. So if I offer to leave the bedroom with Phoebe until he gets out of bed (I wanted to nurse Phoebe there, but she was being too noisy and squirmy for him to be comfortable), he storms out mad because he thinks I'm upset because he isn't moving fast enough. And the big theatric moving that fast hurts him more. We got new insurance that doesn't cover the chiro anymore, but he says he doesn't have time to go anyway. The presription painkillers aren't helping and neither are the more, um, herbal home remedies. The arguing is makinhg my headache worse and now I'm nursing Phoebe down for a nap and he's downstairs trying to do household things, which is only going to make his back (and mood) worse. I don't know how to help him. : Maybe I'll post in health and healing. I hope you all are having more pleasant days.
#6 of 110 Old 06-10-2007, 11:45 AM

ecoteat My dh has hurt his back several times and it is hard on everyone. hope you can catch a nap later on.

I think Wyatt is heading toward a growth spurt too-he had a huge breakfast topped off with a banana--he actually communicated with me letting me know he wanted the banana-not with sign language but by pointing and opening his mouth like he wanted a bite. His appetite is almost as big as my 7 yo.

mother, wife, sister, friend--step mom to one grown man and mommy to 3 boys-ages 19, 10 and 4
#7 of 110 Old 06-10-2007, 05:00 PM

HI everyone!
Just a quick sub and hi! I know I'm not posting much anymore but I am keeping up and thinking of you! Good news on the school front I made a perfect score on my lab practicum a day early! So I actually had today off which was soo nice not to have to go to school for 12 days in a row! Just 6 another 5 and then my Mom will be here to help out! YEA!! Sad thing is that DH will be singing in Milan again, so he'll be gone for a few weeks and I miss him soo much! Well I better go study for my second final. I can' t believe I'm finished w/2 classes already ! Hugs to sick Mama's DH's and babies (...toddlers??) Lots of love! Kathryn

Mama to Clara 5/2/06, & Anna 11/4/08 and wife to Dan 6/8/02
#8 of 110 Old 06-10-2007, 05:28 PM

Just subbing. We're home from camping. A good trip overall, except for the fact that dh came down w/Lyme Disease while we were there & needed to find a walk-in clinic. He got the abx & is doing much better. He is a trooper that man. BBL to catch up & post more.

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
#9 of 110 Old 06-10-2007, 05:43 PM

Hi all! Just subbin' I suppose.

Had a pap test done with the midwives I went to for the birth, and we were talking about how things were going... I thought things were fine, we started talking and she started asking questions... well... in the end she kept mentioning that maybe I should look at the prenatal I'm still taking and see if I might want to supplement some particular vitamins for mood problems! Then she suggested that maybe I get my thyroid checked as well. :

She must have thought I was completely nuts... I was so shocked that she would be suggesting something like that that I did go get some blood drawn for it. I'm not one to be blaming my "issues" on some mysterious syndrome, so even getting it checked is a bit out of character for me.

So I went there feeling like I always do, but then I cried in the car on the way back to work afterwards like the flood gates had been opened and all the crap from the past year just came out all at once. : I guess I didn't realize what a funk I've gotten into until I took a step back and talked to someone about it. I'm afraid of what the results will be either way. If there IS something wonky with my thyroid, then I'm going to have to fix it. If nothing is wrong, then I don't have any way to even try to get back to normal.

Ack, now I'm just rambling. Anyway, thanks for listening. I've been having some issues with DH, so I haven't told him any of this. He's been really weird lately and makes me feel bad about every.single.thing I do. Even making him breakfast. It's that "nothing is ever good enough" phase combined with him acting like a pouty teenager when DD doesn't do EXACTLY what he wants her to do WHEN he wants her to do it. ;(

Amy, mama to "Pumpkin" (DD1, 5/16/06) and "Squashy" (DD2, 7/10/09)
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance"- Confucius
#10 of 110 Old 06-10-2007, 06:32 PM

mamas, it seems like almost everyone here needs one!

Selah is in the midst of an already 2.5 hour nap, I'm thinking it's teething related, she still only has 2 on the bottom that are out, but her top four are visible and palpable- it's not going to be fun if they all make their debut at the same time!

bbl!
#11 of 110 Old 06-10-2007, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Big to you mamas, toddlers (still can't get over it) and DH's. BBL...

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#12 of 110 Old 06-10-2007, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

I hope that is enough hugs for everyone who needs one

Bamboomama- I hope everthing turns out ok w/ the bloodwork. I was reading up on the Coconut oil since I switched over to the unrefined stuff and they say it works for thyroid problems if that is indeed what it is.

Txmom- Wonderful news on your on your labs!! Keep up the good work and you will be teaching the classes instead of taking them

Ecoteat- I am sorry about dh. My dh has back problems too and they do get quite crabby when they are hurting.

I can't believe how much your babies are eating. I thought it was a teething problem but Lukey is basically down to shunning solids all together. I am really getting nervous and frustrated. I don't know how to get him on the right track again. I even withheld the boob today to see if I could get him to eat something but he had a MAJOR MELTDOWN....until I gave in and gave it up. He used to be such a great eater. What do I do? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
#13 of 110 Old 06-10-2007, 10:06 PM

Thankfully today ended much happier than it began. My headache finally went away, Phoebe took a LONG nap and I rested too, and dh is feeling well enough to move around. I also managed to make a decent lunch and dinner with pretty slim pickings in the fridge, so that felt good. Although I'm hungry again now! Maybe I'll go pillage the kitchen when I'm done here.

Amy, I hope you get answers and feel better soon. I'm so sorry you are having a tough time.

Kathryn, I love hearing how well you are doing in school. How long is your program? It sounds SO intense!

Max, Lyme Disease!? Bummer. Sounds like you caught it right away though, so that's good.

Jackie, I've been suspecting Phoebe's feet were tiny, but you've confirmed that! She has a great pair of See Kai Run shoes in size 3 that are too big! Her 6-12 month Robeez fit, but the 12-18 month ones are huge.

Hevyne, I'm sure Lukey's reluctance to eat is just a phase. Don't toddlers go through funky eating phases? I wouldn't know from experience, but I've heard the best you can do is offer plenty of good stuff and just accept whatever he does eat. He won't let himself go hungry--and your milk will take care of the rest. Phoebe doesn't eat NEARLY as much as some of the others here. Although today she tried black beans for the first time and ate more of those in a sitting than she usually eats of anything.

SIL called today because she found a cheap airfare to visit us. She hasn't been here in a year, and she's coming next week with MIL. That will be fun, but I'll be pretty busy with the last week of school. That Tuesday the whole school goes on a field trip to go to one of the beaches in Acadia National Park, so I'll be working a full day instead of just my afternoon. I can't wait! Beach day is so much fun.
#14 of 110 Old 06-11-2007, 12:22 AM

In and out and subbing. Matt is sick and has all 4 molars coming in at once, so I've got to go console my poor wittle boy.

Cindy + DH Paul = DS1 (4/26/06), DS2 (11/30/07), DD (12/20/10) & surprise 4th edition coming in April 2014.

Bradley Method Natural Childbirth Educator, Doula, and Breastfeeding Counselor

#15 of 110 Old 06-11-2007, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoteat View Post
I think Phoebe is wanting to walk and in The Wonder Weeks it says she's in the midst of another developmental leap (I'm sad we are through all the milestones in that book--how will I know when to expect fussy weeks now?!)
That's just how I felt . I'm really glad I had that book. It really helped when I'd be feeling so : . Though I was none to thrilled with the stuff that wasn't AP : . I just had to start ignoring those parts .

Hevyne I think that's just how it might go sometimes with the eating. DS was eating any and everything for a while now he's a picky pea. Yeah, I agree, just offer solids and boobies and they'll do their thing.

And I can't remember where I got this but don't they do the big to solids more and get so all about the milkies when they're coming up on a developmental leap and/or are teething?

I wanted to do more personals but gotta go!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

#16 of 110 Old 06-11-2007, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

[QUOTE=mamacatsbaby;8353966
Hevyne I think that's just how it might go sometimes with the eating. DS was eating any and everything for a while now he's a picky pea. Yeah, I agree, just offer solids and boobies and they'll do their thing.

And I can't remember where I got this but don't they do the big to solids more and get so all about the milkies when they're coming up on a developmental leap and/or are teething?
[/QUOTE]

OK, so my question now is, how long does a developmental leap and or/teething period last? He popped a tooth about 4 weeks ago and I don't see another coming at the moment. But he has started this food strike about 6 weeks ago and it started gradual until now it has gotten to not wanting solids at all. I even tried junk stuff like hot dogs (quartered of course) b/c he tried some of dd's that fell on the floor and gobbled it down so when I gave him his own he ate 1.5 dogs!! Now he puts a piece in his mouth and spits it right out. I know hot dogs are not very good for him but I do buy the chicken or turkey ones and only give them when my day is too frazzled to cook. He used to gobble cheese and now won't go near it either. All his favorites I could guarantee a good meal for him he refuses now. UGH!!

Max, I am sorry I missed you in my last post, How is dh doing? What an awful thing to happen on vacation.
#17 of 110 Old 06-11-2007, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacatsbaby View Post
That's just how I felt . I'm really glad I had that book. It really helped when I'd be feeling so : . Though I was none to thrilled with the stuff that wasn't AP : . I just had to start ignoring those parts .
I know! Some of the quotes from parents made me go !

I was reading a blog yesterday with a letter to her 6 month old son. As I think about our LOs' sleep, eating, teething, walking, napping, whatever, this really hit me hard (from http://www.superherodesigns.com/journal):

Quote:
But if you've taught me anything in these past months it is that suffering comes from wanting things to be another way than they actually are. I think this is a basic tenet of Buddhism in fact, that whole suffering-coming-from-desire business.

When I want you to be some other way than you actually are, I suffer. You suffer. The more I can let the moment, the situation, the nap, the house, be exactly as it is... there is so much more room for joy. These are big lessons for the adult humans of the world. You have this one wired.
That's how I feel most of the time, but outside influences nudge me into trying to change things at the expense of happiness. Of course some suffering seems beyond the scope of this, but in my daily goings-on in my home and family, this is so true.
#18 of 110 Old 06-11-2007, 11:47 AM

Hi all. Sorry about your dh's back Amy. My dh has back troubles too, so I can relate. I know for me it is really hard to function when I am in any form of pain, and back pain is so pervasive, it must be especially hard on our men-folk. Add in the all the male mindsets and that makes for an unhappy patient!

Speaking of menfolk, my dh is doing better now that the abx are kicking in. The bulls-eye thing for him has really turned into a wound. He is going to his own doctor today for a follow up. I am pretty worried about the kids getting Lyme Disease while we are camping, and myself too bc I don't know how that would impact breastfeeding. But, I feel like I can't let fear take over. So I'll do the best I can to protect us & just enjoy the outdoors all we can.

Speaking of Lyme, JayGee how did you make out w/your mystery illness? I hope you are OK. And you too Amanda w/the kidney stones.

Hevyne, I agree w/all the advice about continuing to offer healthy solids & continuing to nurse through the eating strike. However, since it has been going on so long, I wonder if it might be worthwhile to have his mouth checked out, just to make sure something in there isn't causing him pain & stopping him from eating.

Kathryn, yay you! Keep up the great work mama!!!!

BambooMama, big hug to you. I hope you are feeling better soon. You have a LOT on your plate right now w/work, your dh, and a one year old. All that in itself is cause for emotional unrest, never mind adding in some possible physical/health concerns. Take good care of yourself mama.

#19 of 110 Old 06-11-2007, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoteat View Post
I know! Some of the quotes from parents made me go !

I was reading a blog yesterday with a letter to her 6 month old son. As I think about our LOs' sleep, eating, teething, walking, napping, whatever, this really hit me hard (from http://www.superherodesigns.com/journal):

Quote:
But if you've taught me anything in these past months it is that suffering comes from wanting things to be another way than they actually are. I think this is a basic tenet of Buddhism in fact, that whole suffering-coming-from-desire business.

When I want you to be some other way than you actually are, I suffer. You suffer. The more I can let the moment, the situation, the nap, the house, be exactly as it is... there is so much more room for joy. These are big lessons for the adult humans of the world. You have this one wired.

That's how I feel most of the time, but outside influences nudge me into trying to change things at the expense of happiness. Of course some suffering seems beyond the scope of this, but in my daily goings-on in my home and family, this is so true.
Oh I totally agree .

6 weeks huh? I agree with max. Maybe take him to get checked out just to make sure eating isn't painful.

Hevyne, I found this on kellymom also:

http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/so...s.html#howmuch

I haven't had time to read the entire page or check out the links at the bottom but I hope this helps some.

BBL ya'll!

#20 of 110 Old 06-11-2007, 01:16 PM

Oh, glad your DH is feeling better max!

OK, I reeeeeeeeeeeally need to fold these clothes and get on this kitchen while the DS is napping .

#21 of 110 Old 06-11-2007, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Max, I just wanted to let you know that dd's favorite book right now is Where the Wild Things Are . Eveytime I read it I think of you She got this book that is a collection of popular stories from the 80's, basically books that I grew up on which is really cool. Goodnight moon is in there, Bedtime for Frances (that was my favorite growing up), the original Curious George, etc. There is probably at least 35-40 stories. We love it. Well both toddlers have colds and are crabby so I gotta go. DD is potty learning and I took away her diapers for the day to see how she does. So far so good....
#22 of 110 Old 06-11-2007, 02:34 PM

Good grief! I finally find the thread and we're already on page 2? : Just a minute before we run out the door.

In addition to her wheat or strawberry allergy, we've discovered dd is allergic to peas (broke out into hives all over her torso, neck and arms--twice). I am REALLY worried now, as peas and peanuts are the same family. We're getting her allergy tested as soon as we get a referral in the mail from her ped.

Also, she's learned to climb! She goes up the steps on the jungle gyms at the park now. Fun...and tiring!

BBL!
#23 of 110 Old 06-11-2007, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCVeg View Post
Good grief! I finally find the thread and we're already on page 2? : Just a minute before we run out the door.

In addition to her wheat or strawberry allergy, we've discovered dd is allergic to peas (broke out into hives all over her torso, neck and arms--twice). I am REALLY worried now, as peas and peanuts are the same family. We're getting her allergy tested as soon as we get a referral in the mail from her ped.

Also, she's learned to climb! She goes up the steps on the jungle gyms at the park now. Fun...and tiring!

BBL!
Amanda, I may have mentioned it before, but if not, definately check out the book "Is This Your Child?" by Doris Rapp. It is the bible for food allergies in children. It helped me incredibly in figuring out my ds's food issues. Also, the allergies subforum in Health & Healing is a great resource & the mamas there are very supportive.

#24 of 110 Old 06-11-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevyne View Post
Max, I just wanted to let you know that dd's favorite book right now is Where the Wild Things Are . Eveytime I read it I think of you She got this book that is a collection of popular stories from the 80's, basically books that I grew up on which is really cool. Goodnight moon is in there, Bedtime for Frances (that was my favorite growing up), the original Curious George, etc. There is probably at least 35-40 stories. We love it. Well both toddlers have colds and are crabby so I gotta go. DD is potty learning and I took away her diapers for the day to see how she does. So far so good....
That is such a great story. I love the illustrations and I love reading it to my kids, especially ds bc he is a "max" at heart. Your book sounds awesome. I'd like to find that for my crew.

#25 of 110 Old 06-11-2007, 04:15 PM

Sim is continuing to recover - DH gave me a scare this AM, saying he thought the dog looked funny, but it was just Sim being a bit slow because of his arthritis - most anti-inflammatories are rough on the stomach, so he's not getting any right now. DH finally installed the 2nd car seat; however, it appears that to actually put a child in it will involve going in through the back hatch of the SUV (since it's a 2 door, & the seat is rear facing). Hmmmm. Well, w/an hour's drive each way to go anywhere, I don't suppose I'll be traveling a lot w/2 very small children, not right at 1st, anyhow. Sold some more sheep yesterday - catching & tagging them is not real easy right now, although the new owners got to lead them & load them into their truck themselves. Spent a lot of time lying down after this. DH did come through & hold the goat kid for me that evening (during the sheep catching, he was watching DD & doing some work he brought home) so I could get the beastie castrated. I also fixed the rams' automatic water set up, that was leaking. I need to pack a few more things for the hospital, edit my birth plan in a couple of spots per our doula's recommendations, & get the livestock care sheets put together for my mom, who will be feeding stuff for us for a couple of days. I'm mostly ready. Sort of. I think.
Ecoteat, I like that quote, & hope your DH's back is doing better.
Max, glad your DH is doing better.
Congrats on your lab score, TxMominCT!
NYVeg, I hope your DD doesn't have peanut allergies, & that the ones she does have are the sort that one grows out of.
BTW, w/all this eating discussion, does anyone else's LO put food in their mouth, then just let it sit there w/out swallowing? DD particularly does this w/vegetables (steamed broccoli, spinach particles) & some other things ("chipmonking" I call it), & then it either goes away somehow (often, by dribbling out over the next hour) or else I just get worried about her choking & fish it out w/a finger. The thing is, sometimes it does get swallowed, & I want her to have a variety of foods/textures. Also, is it possible for a toddler to drink water from a cup w/out half of it going down her front? Or should I just be resigned to clothing changes after drinks? :

: : SAHM to : (5/06), : (7/07) Plus : & a few
#26 of 110 Old 06-11-2007, 04:42 PM

Hi mamas!

It's been so hard to find a few minutes to write anything, things have been : . Jet lag was really really bad this time around, not to mention DH has been super stressed by a work situation and by his job search. So basically we didn't sleep last week. It's the first time since Geo's birth that I've had insomnia!

Anyway, about our trip, Max you asked how Geo did on the flights. Everything went great, healthwise. It's like the trip cured his cold! DH and I were wiped out by chasing an active 1 year old around the plane, but other than that things were great. Geo had a lot of firsts on this trip-- first time swimming in a pool ( he LOVED it!), first time eating ice-cream (homemade, peach, YUM!), first time playing with a dog (he did NOT love the dog, the dog scared him). And he had a great time with my parents.

Now we're in the process of applying for jobs for DH in the States and praying that DH will get laid off (with a nice severance package, hopefully) so that we can move to the US by fall.... Please keep your fingers crossed for us, mamas!

Ecoteat, I think you mentioned that this is a developmental milestone week.... We're definitely dealing with a cranky, clingy baby who now absolutely refuses to sleep in his crib. I hope his mood improves soon! And about your DH's back probs, I may have already mentioned this, but has he tried cranio-sacral therapy? We see an osteopath here who does CS and frankly she cured my DH's chronic back problems. And the nice thing about CS therapy is that it isn't recurring-- you go once or twice, no regular adjustments. Also, that's a great quote and so true. I think having a child has taught me a lot about letting go of my desire to control and make things different.

Max-- Lyme disease?!?!?! Your poor DH! I hope he feels better soon. I gotta say, aside from that your camping trips sound like a lot of fun and a great way to reconnect as a family. And I've been meaning to ask you how things are going with your nephew these days...

BambooMama, hugs to you. I hope you find some answers and feel better soon.

Heyvne, I'd be worried too. Go with your gut. If it doesn't feel like a normal solids-strike (which we go through here on a semi-regular basis) then insist that the doc check Lukey out.

NYCVeg, I hope the allergies aren't severe, I'd be freaking about the possibility of a peanut one too.

TXMom, way to go on the school stuff! Sounds like the program is really going well for you. And your lucky DH, going to Milan for a couple of weeks. Sounds like fun!

Shabazin, I am seriously impressed by all you manage to do pregnant and with a small child!! I'm glad your dog is hanging in there.

MCB, good to see you on the thread, mama!

Well, I'd better run. Have a good day everyone.
#27 of 110 Old 06-11-2007, 05:06 PM

Well latest family update is that my grandmother is still confused & needs to go into assisted living. I don't know how much she is going to fight it, even though she knows she needs some help.

And my Aunt is having her gallbbladder removed today. They also found masses in her lung, liver and colon. Those they have to biopsy, but it really doesn't look too good since my other Aunt died just a couple of years ago from lung cancer (their dad was a heavy-duty smoker), and this is my moms last living sibling. Hopefully we will know more by tonight...

Bah... it jst gets better and better. And C has been super clingy this last week and I have a headache. :

OK, personal pity party is over now!

Just a modifiedartist.gif trying to find some peace and regain my balance.
#28 of 110 Old 06-11-2007, 05:42 PM

Mary, glad to hear Geo did so well on the flights. I thought of you often. You asked how my nephew is doing. Well, he moved out several months ago and I feel bad saying it, but it was such a relief. It was like a black cloud lifted from over our home. Times had been so stressful, I really couldn't take it any more. He has his own place & a job now. He says he is going back to college in the fall. (He failed out last round.) He had a college fund that we turned over to him when he moved out. He has blown through quite a bit of that. He is at a point in his life where he really needs to start learning some responsibilty and hopefully living on his own will force him to do so. We are on amicable terms and invite him over for dinner & family gatherings regularly. I want to continue to be there for him as his family, but I do not want to put myself in any position where I am responsible for him and his behavior. He has been making a lot of poor choices, and I don't want my family to suffer from this. The hardest part of it is that I went through all this once already (to a much worse extent) w/his mother, my sister. So a lot of his behavior just triggers my feelings from my sister and I do not want to go there. Phew! That was a long response to a short question. Thank you for asking though. It is sweet of you to remember.

Panthera, I hope your family members are feeling better soon. And big hugs to you. It is so hard to see these things happening to loved ones.

Shabazin, you continue to amaze me! I hope your dog gets well soon too.

#29 of 110 Old 06-11-2007, 07:00 PM

JUST A QUICK STOP IN TO SAY--MY SISTER HAD HER BABY!!!

aubrey elizabeth--June 11 7lbs 14 oz 20 inches long--and according to my sister she has my long monkey toes!!

mother, wife, sister, friend--step mom to one grown man and mommy to 3 boys-ages 19, 10 and 4
#30 of 110 Old 06-11-2007, 07:05 PM

Phew.... you're a gabby bunch today !

Max, my illness seems to be either the adult version of Fifth's disease, or an allergy to chlorine in our Y pool. At any rate, I'm all better now . Kirsten has a double ear infection though, and Fifth's disease. Pool babe. She's a fuss-monster. Gotta run....

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page