June 2006 Mamas - July Chat Thread - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 366 Old 08-01-2007, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiejon1 View Post
She also has a bouncy horse/zebra that she LOVES. It is hilarious and Jonathan and I end up laughing so hard once she starts bouncing on it. I took a video of it, and need to put it on youtube so I can share, but it's quite comical.

We also got her hair cut. It didn't really need it, but I was hoping that it would fix the moppishness of the top. She won't let me leave pigtails in. They looks so cute, but they're out almost as soon as I move away. I wish I could figure out how to keep them in her hair.
First -- I want to see that video! And I want to get one of those bouncy horse things, too... 'though I think it's REALLY funny that the inflation valve is up the butt (I speak of the inflatable bouncy guys here, duh, just in case that's not what you were talking about).

Second -- I think Nevie and Evie belong to the same "get that crap OUT of my hair!" camp. I actually trimmed Nevie's bangs this morning. According to her preschool teacher, it looks okay. I'm, of course, skeptical. And relieved she is too young to care that it looks like mice chewed off some of her hair. And that it will grow back quickly.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#362 of 366 Old 08-02-2007, 12:06 AM

Ruby no longer naps. Like ... 20 mins yesterday and 20 mins today. and both nights before she was up till at least 11:30.. then up at 8 am. UM. doood that is not enough sleep for a baby.

We don't have enough hair for pigtails. not even close.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#363 of 366 Old 08-02-2007, 02:01 AM

Not enough hair here for pigtails either, though I'll have to be trimming Aurelie's front bangs at some point because the hair's getting into her eyes, sorta.

As for naps, well if she wakes up at 7am, she'll need 2 naps. One before lunch and one before dinner. If she wakes up between 8 and 9am, then she only needs ONE nap for the day. Damned if I sleep in... damned if I don't

Sign hanging in Albert Einstein's office at Princeton: Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted, counts.
#364 of 366 Old 08-02-2007, 02:11 AM

That was ruby before this week. She was napping 1-2 x a day depending on when she got up... but I think she's about to start walking... she'll take a few steps here and there, but won't all out walk across the room. I think once she walks she'll sleep again. : I hope, at least.

I did just buy a cute barrett that keeps her hair out of her eyes. I'll try to get a pix tomorrow. I'mgoing to make some more like it.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#365 of 366 Old 08-02-2007, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
P.S. Nice ddddc, Heather.
Thanks - Korin busted me on an incorrect movie identification in a convo, just after my post boasting my brain capacity for idiotic info on here, and I was ashamed of my fraudiness, and she branded me with a scarlet DDDDC, as it were... (why I oughta....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_BK View Post
Second -- I think Nevie and Evie belong to the same "get that crap OUT of my hair!" camp.
Add K, too - she hates barrettes, flings headbands off her head, and there's not quite enough for pigtails. Not to mention the sheer torture of trying to get her to stay still whilst trying to put said ornament in her hair - putting an octopus into pajamas would be easier. It kills me cause the barrettes look SO cute, but she only leaves them in as long as it takes her to wrench it out of her hair. I call unfair that other little girls will sit long enough and keep in hair ornaments...aren't cute outfits and ornamentation the whole reason for having a little girl in the first place? : I NEVER thought those words would escape my lips...er, fingers. SO not a girly girl myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixMom View Post
Not enough hair here for pigtails either, though I'll have to be trimming Aurelie's front bangs at some point because the hair's getting into her eyes, sorta.
K's forms this nifty dracula point down the middle of her forehead sometimes, like a really long widow's peak (it's actually less pointy now that it's longer, it used to be worse). Ummmm...yeah, I need to trim it...and will likely end up with the same rodential effect (see octopus wrestling above) as Nevie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixMom View Post
Damned if I sleep in... damned if I don't
Ain't it the truth...:

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#366 of 366 Old 08-02-2007, 10:30 AM

I started a shiny clean August thread: http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...d.php?t=723172

Come oooooon down, you are the next contestants....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page