June 2006 Mamas - July Chat Thread - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 366 Old 07-18-2007, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommitola View Post
Sarah, that was not what I thought your spoiler was going to say. Phew! If you have any idears, PM me, I'll do what I can.
Yeah, not pregnant. I'm still working on DH on that one.

Speaking of DH, he got a new job! : Making double. Thank goddess, now we can actually pay our bills!!!!!

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#242 of 366 Old 07-18-2007, 08:56 PM

Quote:
So, all this baby leaving talk made me realize I was just wildly making assumptions about Harper's comfort level. Today I went to work at the coffee shop instead of staying home while she and the sitter play, and she did just fine. They went on a walk, fed the ducks, and ate lunch. The sitter sends me cam phone pictures of her periodically because she knows i am a nervous nellie. Even without this, I can tell that not one tear was shed, because Harper gets blotchy if she gets the least bit upset. So I got back after getting an amazing amount of work done, and Harper was all "hi mom!" as if I never left. In fact, it's only when she sees me around the house that she thinks to run over and be clingy. When I'm just not an option, she seems to adapt and enjoy herself. It took a few months to get her comfortable with the sitter, however. But it's harder for me to leave than it is for her to go play, I think. I feel replaced and jealous!

Sarah, that was not what I thought your spoiler was going to say. Phew! If you have any idears, PM me, I'll do what I can.
Glad Harp is doing so well with her care provder :

I agree, I expected that spoiler to be something else!!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#243 of 366 Old 07-19-2007, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selesai View Post
We play the "where is PHilip?" game, and when he takes the scarf off of his head, we can suddenly "see" him. He thinks it's hilarious.
Katie loves this game too.

Quote:
So I got back after getting an amazing amount of work done, and Harper was all "hi mom!" as if I never left. In fact, it's only when she sees me around the house that she thinks to run over and be clingy. When I'm just not an option, she seems to adapt and enjoy herself.
That's great!

Mom to K (06.23.06) & A (09.13.09)
#244 of 366 Old 07-19-2007, 01:35 PM

That's great, Helen! And sad too, I know. Big girl's all growed up. :

Sarah, that's wonderful news!
#245 of 366 Old 07-19-2007, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
I agree, I expected that spoiler to be something else!!
Srsly Sarah, as I was highlighting, my eyes were : Good news for Brad's job!

Too much else to catch up on right now, so I'll just poke my head in and say "hi!"

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#246 of 366 Old 07-19-2007, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
Sarah, that's wonderful news!
It really is. He's thrilled. We got in to bed last night, and he let out a huge sigh, and said, "I'm so relieved that you don't have to go back to work." :

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4OfUs View Post
Srsly Sarah, as I was highlighting, my eyes were : Good news for Brad's job!
Sorry sorry. I'm freakishly fertile and all, but the IUD seems to be doing its job. ()

Maybe once we're caught up and actually have a savings account, we can reopen the baby discussion.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#247 of 366 Old 07-19-2007, 10:59 PM

Bump

Awww.. Sarah!
(And, what's a savings account? Is it the same as a checking account?)

Hey! !!!! Yay me!
#248 of 366 Old 07-19-2007, 11:15 PM

Ah ha! I've found you!

No time to chat as a squirming nursing babe (please, I'm not ready to say "toddler" yet even though he's been walking for months) in my arms ... just bookmarking for future reference

Great to "see" you all

knit.gifKara~ Rockin' Granola wife to Christopher and mama to J (Nov. '01), M (June '06), L (May '08) and stork-girl.gif (edd 8/3/11)
2011:  a year to Make Do, Do Without, or Do It Ourselves 
#249 of 366 Old 07-20-2007, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Bump

Awww.. Sarah!
(And, what's a savings account? Is it the same as a checking account?)
Ha!

You know those things some people have that they put extra money in to so that if the car ever breaks down, or the kid needs braces, or someone gets laid off for a month, they can still survive 'cause they have this extra money that's been collecting interest? Yeah. We want to be "those people."

Yay 1000!

Hey, Kara.

ETA:
Will you guys please click the link in my sig and tell me what you think of the site?

Yes, I know there are a lot of kinks that need to be worked out.

#250 of 366 Old 07-20-2007, 01:27 PM

Sarah, nice site!

We have a walnut tree here, and Talula loves to play with the whole walnuts. She is sitting on me right now, stuffing them into my cleavage. What a creative little chipmunk. No one will find them there!
#251 of 366 Old 07-20-2007, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Sarah, nice site!

We have a walnut tree here, and Talula loves to play with the whole walnuts. She is sitting on me right now, stuffing them into my cleavage. What a creative little chipmunk. No one will find them there!
Except maybe Joey!
#252 of 366 Old 07-20-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Either that or she thinks your boobs are superboobies that can crush walnuts for her to eat!

Sarah, nice site - easy to navigate, which is important.

Finally got around to a well visit for K, a week shy of 13 months: 31 inches, 23 pounds. Love our ped. Asked if she was still nursing and said, "great!", recommended soy, rice, and then said, "aw, you know what you're doing, what am I worreid about?" when I mentioned K doesn't like cow's milk, and then said, "she's sleeping well for you cause she's in bed with you guys, right?" She's the coolest. I consented to a med student being in the room with us, and as we were leaving she was out at the desk with the student and she made some comment to me about an article she read, and she turned to the student and said, "Heather is one of my reader moms, I don't have to worry about anything with her." :

Annnnyhoo. Toodles mamas.

#253 of 366 Old 07-20-2007, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Except maybe Joey!

#254 of 366 Old 07-20-2007, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Finally got around to a well visit for K, a week shy of 13 months: 31 inches, 23 pounds. Love our ped. Asked if she was still nursing and said, "great!", recommended soy, rice, and then said, "aw, you know what you're doing, what am I worreid about?" when I mentioned K doesn't like cow's milk, and then said, "she's sleeping well for you cause she's in bed with you guys, right?" She's the coolest. I consented to a med student being in the room with us, and as we were leaving she was out at the desk with the student and she made some comment to me about an article she read, and she turned to the student and said, "Heather is one of my reader moms, I don't have to worry about anything with her." :
Loveyes inDEED! Wow. I'm in love with your ped. Can she split her time between NY and WA? I purposefully found a D.O. instead of M.D. but I wasn't impressed with his holisticness... and I'm, duh, not the crunchiest carrot in the bunch. Still want some crunchy with my doc.

Our new countertops are in! Another thing to be all lovey dovey about. They're soooo pretttttyyyyyyy.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#255 of 366 Old 07-20-2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
She is sitting on me right now, stuffing them into my cleavage. What a creative little chipmunk. No one will find them there!
Katie does this too. Her favorite thing to stuff in there is the cell phone, but apparently it's also a good place for crackers.

Quote:
"Heather is one of my reader moms, I don't have to worry about anything with her."
That's awesome! Glad you have such a great doc. I'm still trying to train mine.

#256 of 366 Old 07-20-2007, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Except maybe Joey!
Not with the dry spell we've been having.
#257 of 366 Old 07-20-2007, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
ETA:
Will you guys please click the link in my sig and tell me what you think of the site?
my one suggestion would be make links so that when you click on the items you can see a bigger picture of the items...it's really hard to tell what the items look like via those little pix.

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

#258 of 366 Old 07-20-2007, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcimom View Post
my one suggestion would be make links so that when you click on the items you can see a bigger picture of the items...it's really hard to tell what the items look like via those little pix.
yeah, that's on the list

and, um, nobody click it now. it's not there.

#259 of 366 Old 07-20-2007, 10:56 PM

We're joining the jobby job train. DH got a new job!!!

:

I haven't been grocery shopping in three weeks, things were getting that tight financially. Thank the gods for prepraid CSAs and WIC. But this new job pays almost twice what he's making now. If we're frugal, we can pay off our cc's and student loans in 2 years. Our mortgage in five. And set up retirement, emergency, and college savings.

And I can stop looking for a(nother) job. Which is a good thing, because Bastian's going through a major mama-cling phase right now. He's actually gotten jealous of Qualia nursing a couple times recently, climbing over her and screaming if she gets to nurse first. But oh, he's so sweet the rest of the time. He just started doing hugs and kisses. Makes me melt every time those chubby little arms wrap around my neck and squeeze and he tucks his head into my shoulder for a snuggle. :
#260 of 366 Old 07-21-2007, 12:41 AM

We have hugs and snuggles too! So sweet, I love it. Makes up for the bunch of times she bit me today.

#261 of 366 Old 07-21-2007, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama369 View Post
We're joining the jobby job train. DH got a new job!!!

:

I haven't been grocery shopping in three weeks, things were getting that tight financially. Thank the gods for prepraid CSAs and WIC. But this new job pays almost twice what he's making now. If we're frugal, we can pay off our cc's and student loans in 2 years. Our mortgage in five. And set up retirement, emergency, and college savings.

And I can stop looking for a(nother) job. Which is a good thing, because Bastian's going through a major mama-cling phase right now. He's actually gotten jealous of Qualia nursing a couple times recently, climbing over her and screaming if she gets to nurse first. But oh, he's so sweet the rest of the time. He just started doing hugs and kisses. Makes me melt every time those chubby little arms wrap around my neck and squeeze and he tucks his head into my shoulder for a snuggle. :
That's awesome, Sarah! Great feeling, huh?

We didn't even qualify for WIC, because on paper we had plenty of money. The government of course won't let us factor in the $750/mon we pay to B's x. If they would let us do that we could have gotten some assistance.

And I whole-heartedly agree...thank goddess for pre-paid CSAs!

And google. 'Cause without google I would not know 4738591 ways to eat a cucumber.

#262 of 366 Old 07-23-2007, 01:06 AM

Oh dear goodness. K has 3 molars breaking skin right now. Poor kid is miserable. And it gets worse than that. How does it get worse, you ask? Because DH is on his working shift now so I'm flying solo. Ack.:

#263 of 366 Old 07-23-2007, 01:25 AM

Jes -- that sucks. Big Dog. Something is up with our progeny as well, because the kid WILL. NOT. GO. TO. SLEEP. She went down like buttah right after her bath, etc, but less than an hour later popped back up and she won't nurse, she's had the full gamut of possible remedies, and she just keeps crying and growling in arms. So much fun.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#264 of 366 Old 07-23-2007, 01:46 AM

Have you tried giving her some water? K had a night like that about a week ago, with the refusal to nurse and everything, I offered her some water and she crashed right out again and slept a long time.

#265 of 366 Old 07-23-2007, 08:54 AM

Congrats on all the new jobs!

Teeth...she just broke #11 through. Is working on #12 at the same time.

I don't know if this goes with the teeth, but she's become a super restless sleeper lately. She flails all around the bed in her sleep, and she ends up in weird positions, like down by my knees, lying between us like the bar of an H. Once I woke up to catch her almost at the edge of the bed, while still totally asleep. That makes me nervous, even though the bed isn't very high. One night we had her in the crib, and she woke up sideways in that with her head jammed against the bars. And we're back to very frequent wakings, after a period of maybe 1-2 a night. My husband is a genius and answers HONESTLY when people ask how she sleeps (whereas I smile and say "fine!,") so I got my SIL telling me "oh, it took me until 2 to learn to let J. cry, you'll get there." mmmmmkay.
#266 of 366 Old 07-23-2007, 09:59 AM

Must be something in the water. K was crap sleep last night, too. Up from 1am-3am, eyes closed, flopping around moaning, after water, teething tabs, and Motrin. I am zonked today, but she slept in until almost 8am. How nice for her!

#267 of 366 Old 07-23-2007, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

When people ask me how they sleep, I say, "Like a baby...up every hour and a half." Usually they just laugh and leave it at that. No one has ever recommended I try CIO...I guess I give off a "don't give me stupid parenting advice" vibe?

J sleeps like a teenager. Down at 10, nurse at 4, nurse at 7, and doesn't want to get out of bed 'til 10 or 10:30 the next morning.

S2 has started growling at us if we have to wake her up early, just like her big sister. Apparently I'll have a house full of teenagers sooner than expected.

Still working on molars here. 4 at once. She's not quite to the miserable stage yet, but we're getting ominously close.

J is scooting, sometimes with his knees up under his body. Hasn't figured out how to work the arms yet, and I'm okay with that.

#268 of 366 Old 07-23-2007, 11:46 AM

Job train... add me! yay!

Our sleep last night wasn't good either, but the night before was ok. I think P went from 10-3 w/o waking last night but I might have just been so out of it that I didn't notice. Then he was all wiggly and whiney for the rest of the night, and would only be placated by constant nursing (now my back hurts). Now, sorry if TMI, he did wake up and have a massive poop of corn (since we unwisely let him consume 2 cobs of it on Friday!) and is likely better. Note to self-- moderate corn consumption.

Molars are still coming in, three have broken through.

He is pointing now, which I find really funny. Yesterday he pointed at my pancake and when I gave him more of it, he got really happy. He also points at boobs, at the sky, and at something he wants you to give him. Sometimes he'll point for no reason-- hand up in the sky with a proud look on his face.

Food: I fed him those little Amys spinach pockets and he really liked them, but they gave him garlic breath which seemed kind of wrong. He's such a good eater. Though, when he's done with something, he'll just throw it on the floor, and that gets kind of old.

I officially won the Vienna sausage argument. DH called me one day from the grocery store and asked which vegetarian product to get-- corndogs or chicken nuggets. I told him neither, because they were so processed. He then got Vienna sausages (which I'd told him before I didn't want P to have) and didn't tell me until after he'd fed them to P. I got really mad, and hurt. At least my mother agreed that she wouldn't feed them to a baby-- I wouldn't even eat them myself. My MIL, of course, said "my children are all very intelligence and I fed THEM vienna sausages" : yeah but I'M NOT YOU.
Also MIL said she dreams of having babies whenever there is another grandchild on the way. That seems kind of strange to me.

Ok, off to work. Ha!

(Oh, ETA, I do not think people who feed their kids vienna sausages are bad parents! No judgment! )
#269 of 366 Old 07-23-2007, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Job train... add me! yay!
New job? Yay!

Website mostly works now. Just have to work out shipping kinks.

#270 of 366 Old 07-23-2007, 04:20 PM

sleep. still up and down. some days she sleeps brilliantly.. others it's the flip flop of the half dead fish with the moaning and head butting. plus it icky humid here (nothing like other places, i know, but it's icky for here!) so we're all sleeping crappy!

day two of childcare provider : lets hope things go smoothly.

congrats on all the new jobs:

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page