Phil and Ted's E3 owners- help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 30 Old 07-17-2007, 11:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone know if you can actually clean the fabric on the Phil and Ted's E3 stroller? Mine is getting really icky, and I would love to remove the facbric and scrub it clean- never mind "wipe clean with a damp cloth"! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 30 Old 07-18-2007, 01:42 AM

You can remove the seat and the shade and the footrest/basket and totally clean it. I use a nail brush and a bit of gentle soap. then air dry and I spray with stuff you put on your fabric to keep it waterproofed and clean (can't remember the name) 'cause the icky dirtyness drives me INSANE.

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

#3 of 30 Old 07-18-2007, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you Max'sMama!

I can't wait to take mine all apart- I am just a little nervous about it going back together
#4 of 30 Old 07-18-2007, 05:26 PM

OT but do you guys like your Phil and Ted's. Did you consider it an investment? Any drawbacks?
TIA
April

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
#5 of 30 Old 07-18-2007, 10:25 PM - Thread Starter

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Phil and Teds. When ds1 was 5 mos old we were shopping for a jogging stroller- and then I found out I was pregnant again! Rather than buy a jogger and a double stroller, we opted for the E3 with the coversion kit to make it double!

It steers wonderfully- is fabulous for walks and errands. The only drawback for us was when using it as a double stroller it was a bit of an awkward couple of months when ds2 was in between wanting to lay in the flat position and was old enough to sit in the back seat- but my ergo carrier worked just fine during that time. I aslo love that it can be a single or a double at any time!
#6 of 30 Old 07-18-2007, 10:30 PM

Is it easy to take in your vehicle or is it a leave at homer?
I love the idea of one but wonder how much kids actually feel comfortable in it and like it.

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
#7 of 30 Old 07-18-2007, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We have one and my kids love it. I highly recommend it.
#8 of 30 Old 07-18-2007, 10:56 PM

We have one too, and really love it. There have been a couple issues with the tires (tears in the inner tubes) and we have already had to replace one of the back wheels entirely, but it is a great out and about stroller.
#9 of 30 Old 07-19-2007, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Ryansma, we have a Subaru Forester (not terribly big), and I actually have it in the trunk with room to spare. I take it everywhere.

Just noticing the ages of your dc from your sig. (OK, duh, just double checked your sig!- your one child!) Most kids also like the back. You can actually hang toys on the straps in front of the back seat on the straps.
#10 of 30 Old 07-19-2007, 09:08 AM

This stroller rules - I recommend them to everyone without hesitation. I see that the newer ones have been improved with an adjustable handlebar and that the second seat reclines.
#11 of 30 Old 07-19-2007, 10:00 AM

I love this stroller. The kids I watch are comfortable, it's easy to clean, and it fits easily into the trunk of my small hatchback.

Only downside is the time before the little one can ride in the add-on seat but that can be solved by babywearing.
#12 of 30 Old 07-19-2007, 10:06 AM

I love our E3. I totally considered it to be an investment - I justified the cost because I say it is my gym membership and my version of therapy all rolled into one, lol, because i love to take long walks (we live in the country) and i could do that as soon as DS2 was just 2 weeks. They keep me calm and feeling good.

I can also easily manage putting it in the back of our Prius and taking the two boys somewhere with it. I find it very easy to cart around. Great for the country and the city.

I have no regrets with this awesome stroller!

And both kids love it, too .
#13 of 30 Old 07-19-2007, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoy View Post
Ryansma, we have a Subaru Forester (not terribly big), and I actually have it in the trunk with room to spare. I take it everywhere.

Just noticing the ages of your dc from your sig. (OK, duh, just double checked your sig!- your one child!) Most kids also like the back. You can actually hang toys on the straps in front of the back seat on the straps.
Yep, just the one (for now). But I am really trying to avoid having multiple strollers. We have a van so space isn't really the issue but hard collapse and get in the van may be a deal breaker for me.
My worry was that the one in the back would be unhappy b/c their view would be blocked??

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishface View Post
I love this stroller. The kids I watch are comfortable, it's easy to clean, and it fits easily into the trunk of my small hatchback.

Only downside is the time before the little one can ride in the add-on seat but that can be solved by babywearing.
I wore ds everywhere when we were out until he was about 10 months so it sounds like it would be perfect for us. It is quite an investment though.

Anything else I should know? Did you all order them online?
We are hoping to have another babe in the next year or so. So I am trying to plan ahead.
Thanks OP for letting me hijack and for all the good information

#14 of 30 Old 07-19-2007, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooflymama View Post
I love our E3. I totally considered it to be an investment - I justified the cost because I say it is my gym membership and my version of therapy all rolled into one, lol, because i love to take long walks (we live in the country) and i could do that as soon as DS2 was just 2 weeks. They keep me calm and feeling good.
Me too !!

#15 of 30 Old 07-19-2007, 11:58 AM

I would totally recommend this stroller to anyone. I haven't had any problems. I bought my e3 in a boutique that went belly up but it WAS a local purchase. And the same price as online to boot

I have an Odyssey and I can put it in upright or I can break it down (super fast) and it can fit behind the single of the 70/30 split seat. My kids love it too. In fact, the first time I used it my ds fell asleep (which he had NEVER done in a stroller).

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

#16 of 30 Old 07-19-2007, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

I think the E3 was a great investment- but, yes an investment nonetheless. I just thought about buying a double stroller and a jogger, and with two inexpensive versions of each, I would have outpriced the E3. I bought the doubles kit later, which helped to lesson the blow! I bought mine at BuyBuyBaby, a chain store, but I have seen good deals online.
Good luck deciding!
#17 of 30 Old 07-19-2007, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max'sMama View Post
I would totally recommend this stroller to anyone. I haven't had any problems. I bought my e3 in a boutique that went belly up but it WAS a local purchase. And the same price as online to boot

I have an Odyssey and I can put it in upright or I can break it down (super fast) and it can fit behind the single of the 70/30 split seat. My kids love it too. In fact, the first time I used it my ds fell asleep (which he had NEVER done in a stroller).
That's great that you bought it locally. I would love to get my hands on one before actually buying it.
We have an Odyssey too. Good to hear it's easy.

#18 of 30 Old 07-19-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoy View Post
I think the E3 was a great investment- but, yes an investment nonetheless. I just thought about buying a double stroller and a jogger, and with two inexpensive versions of each, I would have outpriced the E3. I bought the doubles kit later, which helped to lesson the blow! I bought mine at BuyBuyBaby, a chain store, but I have seen good deals online.
Good luck deciding!

I think I have pretty much decided I have been looking at them for a long time. Right now we have three strollers - down from five-for one kid!!. We are not stroller crazy at all which is the irony, some were given to us including a Maclaren side by side double that I sold on Craigslist for $50. Whoohooot. Anyway, I'm pretty much sold.
How is the customer service? That is one of the only things I read negative reviews on. Anyone have any experience to share on that?

#19 of 30 Old 07-19-2007, 01:15 PM

We had an easy time with customer service. Some part broke (brain is fuzzy; dh dealt with it) and they immediately sent us a replacement. I love our E3 because it's a fabulous single stroller, but if DS decides he needs a ride, we're set. I will say, there's not a lot of storage, so get the panniers if you like to carry a lot of stuff.
-Erin

Momma to 8 y.o. DS and 5 y.o. DD. Married to a Maker!

#20 of 30 Old 07-20-2007, 12:26 AM

Quote:
We have a van so space isn't really the issue but hard collapse and get in the van may be a deal breaker for me.
My worry was that the one in the back would be unhappy b/c their view would be blocked??
It's super easy to break down. There is a little knob on each side where the front seat's feet are. You just pull them straight out and voila, it collapses. You have to take the back seat off first but that's a ridiculously simple mechanism. I imagine it rides really smoothly, too. It sure feels like it when I push it, much smoother than strollers w/ hard wheels.

I've never had complaints about who sits in the back before. They can't see straight ahead but they can see out the sides. The only thing I've found is that they're often overlooked in the back -- people don't think to look for a kid back there and are surprised when they finally see him or her!
#21 of 30 Old 07-20-2007, 12:39 AM

I really like our E3 too. I have a Honda Civic and can put it in the trunk without a problem.
I had a good experience with customer service. my seat fabric was fraying where the stroller folds in half or locks in place when opened. They asked me to email them pics of the damage and I was sent a new cover in the mail within the week.
My biggest worry about the stroller is that I did not install the mud flap/covers for the wheels when i first put it together and now I cannot find them. When one of my DCs is in the back seat, I am worried about them getting their fingers burned or caught in the wheel.
I also wish I could recline the front seat when I have a second kiddo on board.
and if it were perfect there would be more room to put your stuff!! but what you give up in basket space, you make up in your easy manuvering.
Still, I think it's a great stroller and boy do you get a lot of comments from strangers! The way I justified the investment was that after I'm done using it as a double stroller, I can still get years of use out of it as a single.
#22 of 30 Old 07-20-2007, 10:23 AM

So I've been looking online and it looks like the E3 is no more? It's now the Sport? So much to learn ...
Thanks for all your help ladies.

#23 of 30 Old 07-22-2007, 12:40 AM

It looks exactly the same except slightly updated. I'd still get it.
#24 of 30 Old 07-22-2007, 08:51 AM

Quote:
if it were perfect there would be more room to put your stuff!! but what you give up in basket space, you make up in your easy manuvering.
I don't have these since I don't need to make it a double yet, but P&T sells basically little saddle bags that hook on the side of the stroller.

There are a lot of accessories, actually. I have the rain cover and the sun cover and recommend them both highly.
#25 of 30 Old 07-22-2007, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishface View Post
It looks exactly the same except slightly updated. I'd still get it.
Awesome thanks !

I am totally sold. I think we will prob get one next spring ( we are ttc in nov/dec).

Ladies - you are awesome - thanks for all the help

#26 of 30 Old 07-22-2007, 01:03 PM

Hey, I just realized you're in Ohio -- so am I! I love your kiddo's OSU shirt!! : I just graduated in March.
#27 of 30 Old 07-22-2007, 02:37 PM

Go Bucks!! I got that shirt for ds to wear on Father's day. Dh loved it!!
Congratulations on graduating, that's so great. We are in Columbus - the Tuttle Mall area. Where are you?

#28 of 30 Old 07-23-2007, 12:42 AM

Thanks! I was thrilled to finish. I'm between Reynoldsburg and Whitehall in Columbus. Are you on the AP Village site?
#29 of 30 Old 07-23-2007, 12:57 AM

Hi,
We have the Phil and Teds Sport Buggy (which i think is the new E3).
When can my 2 month old get out of the bassinet and use the bottom seat?
The bassinet feature is great but i find it a strain to get him in and out of there.
thanks
#30 of 30 Old 07-23-2007, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by querico View Post
When can my 2 month old get out of the bassinet and use the bottom seat?
When they can sit unassisted is the general rule. My dd was in the seat at about 4 months.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page