They discontinued DD's dolly - can anyone help? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-18-2007, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD latched on to a nap time lovey early on, so I bought two more just to be safe.

Now she has a dolly she likes to carry (drag) around during the day. I wanted to pick up another, but the manufacturer changed the embroidery design and she took one look at it and tossed it aside.

If anyone has her version of the dolly and would be willing to part with it, we would be very grateful. I am willing to buy it, or if you'd like, I can send you one of the three dollies she has no interest in.

I keep checking ebay, but have yet to see one there. The brand is Prestige Baby, and she has a rattle in her body. My mom bought her at a regional department store in the spring of '06 (DD came in June).

This is the dolly we are looking for . . . .
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y15...rent=dolly.jpg

These are the three she's rejected . . .
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y15...t=notdolly.jpg

One would be great, two would be ideal.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2007, 02:33 PM
Banned

Could you email the company and see if they have any they will sell you or an idea of where to get them? Even if they are discontinued, outlet stores might carry the last few.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

I did. They don't have a listing of the last time they shipped that style as the style number now defaults to the new embroidery style.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Does it have a rattle inside? I swear we have one just like it. I'm at work, procrastinating, but I'll see at home. My dd isn't that attached to it, and I think I might be able to sneak it into the mail without her ever missing it. It's not like we don't have a dozen dolls already! I'll PM you if I find it.

You can also try Ebay, especially if you know who makes it. That's how I've gotten replacement loveys for my kids.

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
Old 07-18-2007, 11:30 PM

We have that doll and are more than willing to figure out a way to get it to you. It is not a critical item in our house, and has the rattle as well as the correct embroidery (light green stitching for the flowers). Suggestions?

Sarah
DD#1 12.22.03
DD#2 11.30.05
EDD 8.27.07
Old 07-18-2007, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Lynn, yes she has a rattle. I check ebay daily, but haven't spotted her yet.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:42 PM

I just think it's so cool that mamas are offering up their dolls to another MDC mama's babe.

Your DD must be very smart and observant to notice the details of the dolly! So precious.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I PMd you -- I SWEAR they have this doll at Walmart here -- hanging in the cereal isle!!

Let me know if you still need one -- I can pick up a few the next time we are there and send them to you...

DD makes me get the doll down each time we go down the isle!

Let me know,
Old 07-18-2007, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by devster4fun View Post
I just think it's so cool that mamas are offering up their dolls to another MDC mama's babe.

Your DD must be very smart and observant to notice the details of the dolly! So precious.
I think it's great too. Maybe someone will spot their lovey in DD's three not-my-dolly dollies and we can help them out too.

Rachel & Sarah - I PM'd you.

User Tag List