Does your toddler talk in their sleep? - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Does Your Toddler Talk in Their sleep?
often 19 100.00%
sometimes 25 100.00%
never 1 25.00%
other 2 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 07-25-2007, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 3 year old often talks in her sleep when she is having a bad dream. Her dreams are often about times that dh or I have told her no or not to do something. She ends up saying "my turn, Mama" or "I don't want to, Dadda". We tend do use gd techniques, so I don't think they can be particularly horrible dreams. I do hate that she dreams about me like this, though. She'll sometimes talk in her sleep while having a good dream which is fun to listen to. Anyway, I was just wondering how many other people have babes who talk in their sleep.
#2 of 13 Old 07-25-2007, 11:11 AM

I voted sometimes...just last night, DD was talking in her sleep...."Dada", "cat", "boom-boom" (balloon)...

DH says some far-out stuff in his sleep, so I figure she gets it honest!
#3 of 13 Old 07-25-2007, 11:23 AM

Does screaming count? Dd often screams in her sleep, and has since the day she was born. She still doesn't talk much when awake, but her first word (cat) she said when she was mostly asleep.

Just a modifiedartist.gif trying to find some peace and regain my balance.
#4 of 13 Old 07-25-2007, 11:51 AM

Ds will sometimes cry this short pitiful little cry like someone pinched him but be sound asleep. He is also babbling a lot and does that while nursing in his sleep It's really quite sweet.
My mom said I always talked in my sleep as a kid. But I am a talker so it figures that it wouldn't stop even for sleeping.

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
#5 of 13 Old 07-25-2007, 11:59 AM

DD talks in her sleep all the time. She even signed in her sleep before she could talk! (Ice cream and book. )
#6 of 13 Old 07-25-2007, 12:06 PM

my son will smile and laugh and say "Frosty Man" and "Thomas" in his sleep. Sometimes he even says "ho ho ho". What can I say the kid loves Christmas and Thomas the train!

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

#7 of 13 Old 07-25-2007, 12:59 PM

My DS talks all the time and it seems like mostly good dreams. Like one night, he just yelled out "cupcake!" and never woke up or moved or anything. So strange! He talks a lot about cats and grandma.

He does have bad dreams sometimes, but it usually results in lots of crying and hysteria, not talking. He doesn't tell me what his bad dreams are, but I can usually guess what it involves because it takes him a minute to realize he's awake. Like one time, he started freaking out and trying to grab something out of my mouth. It took me a full 3 minutes to calm him down and show him there was nothing in my mouth. Maybe he thought something was hurting me? Or I was eating one of his favorite toys? Who knows.

The coolest thing is he'll tell me about his dreams when he wakes up. Just recently he told me about an Elmo cake. The cutest dream so far was about "mamaw's car up in the sky". :
#8 of 13 Old 07-25-2007, 02:33 PM

Yes, it's so adorable. Usually nothing I can understand, but very loudly and not "sleepy" sounding at all.
#9 of 13 Old 07-25-2007, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
He talks in his sleep all the time - I think it's the cutest thing. The other night he must have been dreaming about playing with dp, because he kept saying "Daddy", "Noooooo" (while shaking his head and laughing), and cracking up.

A, wife to R and mom to 3 boys: D~ 10/05, J~ 8/07, and B~ 12/09 jumpers.gif

#10 of 13 Old 07-25-2007, 03:52 PM
EVC

Sometimes. I actually only noticed this recently whe she started squirming in her sleep and murmuring "doggies, doggies, doggies"

PhDin' mama to dd (Oct. 2005)
#11 of 13 Old 07-25-2007, 05:12 PM

Oh yes, he talks in his sleep all the time. He started right with his first word, which he would sign for emphasis... Sound asleep signing and repeating "Cracker, Cracker..."

These days it's full sentances "It is not blue Tuesday, it is a duck"
#12 of 13 Old 07-25-2007, 06:08 PM

Our DD just laughs, it is so cute. Its the kind of laugh like when your best friend tells you a juicy secret.
#13 of 13 Old 07-25-2007, 06:28 PM

Every single night my dd will talk in her sleep. She will often talk during naps aswell. According to dh, I also talk in my sleep most nights and he will if he's really really tired. I'm curious to see if ds will!

Mama of three.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page