Mothering Forum banner

June '05 mamas?

794 views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  DeeCee 
#1 ·
I haven't seen a thread for this yet ... My DD was born on 6/2/05.

#3 ·
Maybe we are the first! What is your DD up to/into? Mine was early to talk and late to walk (finally let go of the furniture at 21 mo), but is now making up for lost time. She's a very funny little girl, and a genuinely interesting person to hang out with (I think, anyway). What is yours like?

#4 ·
Hi ladies. My dd was born June 11th 2005. And much to my suprise she just learned how to use the potty this weekend!!!! I can't even believe it. I really didn't expect to even try potty learning until at least 2 1/2. My MIL bought us a little potty with a detachable potty seat a few months ago and we've talked to her about it and sometimes she would sit on it while we were sitting on the big toilet, but she's never really shown any interest in actually going potty in it. Then on thursday I realized that she had been asking me to change her diaper after every pee for the past few days. I was changing her as much or more often than I was changing my 2 month old. I was talking to my sister on the phone who has three kids ages 11, 9 and 7 and she told me to just let her run around naked on thursday and see what happens. Well she peed herself once and we ran to the potty with her and told her that next time this is where she should pee. An hour or so later she yelled at me that she needed to go potty and I sat her on the toilet and she went. Wow. Crazy. I haven't put a diaper on her since and she's only had a couple of accidents. I never knew potty learning would be so easy. Oh, man, my little baby girl is growing up so fast!

#6 ·
Congrats, Jenn! We have kiddos the same age! In fact, your Kylie was born on my wedding anniversary.

DD asks to sit on the potty all the time but rarely goes. Sometimes she uses it as a delay tactic which is a bit frustrating. Her time will come eventually... In th meantime, she's keeping herself busy destroying the house any time my back is turned.

#7 ·
My DD always says she wants to use the potty, but then she just sits there. In the past couple of days, though, she wants wet diapers changed immediately, so maybe her time is coming!

This won't look pretty because I still need to set up my signature, but here's a little bit about my family:

Wife to DH James, WOHM to DD Betty, 06/02/05, on the verge of (maybe) TTC again

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bettysmom View Post
Maybe we are the first! What is your DD up to/into? Mine was early to talk and late to walk (finally let go of the furniture at 21 mo), but is now making up for lost time. She's a very funny little girl, and a genuinely interesting person to hang out with (I think, anyway). What is yours like?
Hi Bettysmom! My DD is also an interesting little person to hang out with. She's such a joy, most of the time.
Right now we are setting the ground work for potty learning, she's almost ready and has great success so far. And she's talking up a storm and starting to put the words she know together into sentences.

What kind of activities do you do with your DD?

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeCee View Post

What kind of activities do you do with your DD?

Let's see ... we live in an urban neighborhood, so we go to a local playlot. DD loves to swing and has taught many other kids to yell "Wheeeeee!" while doing so. We read a lot, over ... and over ... and over. We dance, which usually means I wind up holding her and doing the dancing myself. We draw together. We climb up the three flights of stairs in our building, even though we live on the first floor! We talk to each other a lot, and DD amazes me in what she puts together. This morning, she kept saying, "Butterfly education" clear as day. I don't know what that one was about, except that her favorite shirt has butterflies on it and she seems to think she's among them when she wears it.

Oh, and I confess that we do watch some TV sometimes. Mainly Wonder Pets, which I love, and Make Way for Noddy, which I don't!

How about you?

#13 ·
Not only am I a June baby (june 12), so is my DD (june 4, 05). We live in the suburbs, DD is really into Elmo and Sesame Street. Canada seems to be lacking in their Elmo products, so we head over to Buffalo or ask people to purchase Sesame Street Band Aids, Bibs, and toothbrushes

I'm not as crunchy as most mom's on the board - we co-sleep, we still breastfeed (26 months and going strong!), we vax
: ...and we watch some tv (mostly at the dinner table, because then I get to eat too

I'm a WOHM, DD goes to daycare, and now that she's in the toddler room, she enjoys it quite a bit.

On the potty front, we've ec'd since she was 9 months old, and although she's not fully potty trained, i'd say she's 80% there.

She is speaking in 3-5 word sentences, and is actually quite cheeky

I'm still waiting for her to "sleep through the night", but seeing how I haven't quite mastered that (waking up 3-5 times myself), I can't understand why most parents force their children to...but, as long as I can continue to nurse her to sleep and get my 3 hours, then I'm A-OK!

She is the joy of my life. I love waking up to her each and every day.

Ok - I think that's it for my news...anyone else care to share?

#15 ·
I'm glad to see that some of the June baby moms are around.

Claire is also a June 11 baby. She is a talker and does a few more things because of watching her sisters. She loves to dance (plie and sashae) and play "princess".

She also doesn't sleep through the night. Usually once, but occasionally more. She has a ton of food allergies and so gets supplemental bottles of alimentum at night.

She also doesn't like wearing wet diapers so I'm hoping that she will be ready to pee on the potty soon. She likes to sit there, but so far hasn't let anything happen.

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jerawo View Post
Most of the old June '05 mamas left in the Spring and now chat on another board. The baby and toddler threads were always way too much for me to keep up with.
Yeah, the old June 05 thread was way too much for me to keep up on. I'm glad to see a new one starting up!

So far the potty learning is going amazingly smooth. She hasn't had any "accidents" for 3 days. And we've only been PL for 6 days so far, so I'm pretty amazed. Just a few minutes ago, she went into the bathroom, turned on the light by herself, pulled her little step stool up to the potty sat down and peed and pooped without ever saying anything to me about it. I was so excited for her! Pee and poop have never been so exciting!
She loves her big girl panties. Oh and last night I got brave and I let her sleep in panties instead of putting a diaper on her like Ihave been the rest of the nights and she woke up completely dry. She actually woke me up to tell me she needed to go potty and then went back to bed for another couple of hours. It's very surreal. In a way, I'm sort of sad to see this stage of her life passing, but then I think about all the money I'm going to save by not having to wash so many diapers! And now I'm back to only diapering one baby again!

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bettysmom View Post
Let's see ... we live in an urban neighborhood, so we go to a local playlot. DD loves to swing and has taught many other kids to yell "Wheeeeee!" while doing so. We read a lot, over ... and over ... and over. We dance, which usually means I wind up holding her and doing the dancing myself. We draw together. We climb up the three flights of stairs in our building, even though we live on the first floor! We talk to each other a lot, and DD amazes me in what she puts together. This morning, she kept saying, "Butterfly education" clear as day. I don't know what that one was about, except that her favorite shirt has butterflies on it and she seems to think she's among them when she wears it.

Oh, and I confess that we do watch some TV sometimes. Mainly Wonder Pets, which I love, and Make Way for Noddy, which I don't!

How about you?
We do the same sort of things. We colour and do crafts, she like to help with whatever I'm doing, washing veggies or sweeping, etc. We play outside, go for walks, I take her to a place called the Little Gym on Sat mornings, where she learns group activities (if she wants to participate) and gets to run around and bounce on trampolines etc. We do some interactive stuff online like the Seasame Street website and Kneebouncers. And we watch a little TV too, mostly movies!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.