June 2006 Mamas - It's October! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 208 Old 10-29-2007, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
Now by ukelele do you mean the instrument? Or is that a euphemism?
OK, now this made me laugh out loud, like a scaring the kids kind of cackle. Yes, I meant a regular ukelele; my parents went to Hawaii recently and DOnovan has been asking for a guitar so they got him this to tide him over until Christmas. But thanks for the much needed laugh today! She's been walking around carrying the damn thing saying, "kuhlaylee, kuhlaylee". Swell. Wont' look at me when you say "where's mommy?" but LOVES the ukelele.

And TOO cute about your math girls!

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#182 of 208 Old 10-29-2007, 12:53 PM

Heather, Talula has been waking up all throughout the night whining and squirming and kicking, etc., etc., etc. I have had the worst sleep EVER and feel like a total grump. I'm in such a crap mood. I feel like a horrible mother. And "d"h is on my s**tlist for being totally unsupportive. Grrr...
#183 of 208 Old 10-29-2007, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4OfUs View Post
OK, now this made me laugh out loud, like a scaring the kids kind of cackle. Yes, I meant a regular ukelele; my parents went to Hawaii recently and DOnovan has been asking for a guitar so they got him this to tide him over until Christmas. But thanks for the much needed laugh today! She's been walking around carrying the damn thing saying, "kuhlaylee, kuhlaylee". Swell. Wont' look at me when you say "where's mommy?" but LOVES the ukelele.

And TOO cute about your math girls!
Glad I could make you laugh.

V is definitely a math nut. S1 couldn't care less...she wants to learn to read, like, yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
Heather, Talula has been waking up all throughout the night whining and squirming and kicking, etc., etc., etc. I have had the worst sleep EVER and feel like a total grump. I'm in such a crap mood. I feel like a horrible mother. And "d"h is on my s**tlist for being totally unsupportive. Grrr...

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#184 of 208 Old 10-29-2007, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Super hugs for both of us. Totally sucks.

#185 of 208 Old 10-29-2007, 05:28 PM

Quote:
It's so hard when they kick and wriggle and cry/whine in the nights...

So much to quote here! I'm forgetting...

BFM: How exciting that your dh made the final cut!

Shebub: I can't believe they love to watch you knit! It sounds so peaceful... and your kids rock! I hope their enthusiasm for learning never subsides!

And thanks for the link help, i've corrected the problem and it should work now.

We finally got Sydney registered as an American citizen!! (after almost 17 months of procrastination) On the embassy web page it says births MUST be reported as soon as possible... missed that one some how... (and can you believe they take $62 dollars just for us "reporting" her birth!!)
Well all this means we are one tiny step closer to being able to live in the states for awhile. Now for DH's green card.

Last thing, I bought a roll of alpaca wool to *try* and knit Sydney some pulse warmers. I think I'll start casting on the needles now! please send lots of happy knitting vibes my way

I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

#186 of 208 Old 10-29-2007, 09:11 PM

Kari, I just looked at your links and I LOVE the pic of you pulling her in the wagon, and "Mmmmmm, rocks" is too cute!!!

#187 of 208 Old 10-29-2007, 10:23 PM

L isn't sleeping well, either. But she has a cold and has molars coming in. I woke up one night and thought it was a cat draped on my legs...but then the "cat" pinced me and I realized it was L, laying on me and pinching me :.

You can see a pic of L if you look at our family pics, she is pic 8, I think. Well, she is the only one taht looks 16 1/2 months old. The others are obviously older or younger.

Lisa, mom to M : 6/02, R : 6/04, m/c 6/8/05, L 6/06, and E 8/07
#188 of 208 Old 10-29-2007, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearaina View Post
and has molars coming in.
YIKES!!! I would be happy with just teeth at this point! We still have none yet!

Mamma to identical twin girls (June, 2006 born at 30 weeks), new bundle of joy due August, 2011
#189 of 208 Old 10-30-2007, 01:11 AM

I'm blaming our crap sleep on teeth and a cold too. She was going to bed nice & easy, asleep in like 2 minutes (gets that from DH). Then she got sick and tonight it took 40 minutes. So not used to that anymore, and no fun for a solo Mama with a pounding headache.

Discovered that the new kitten is not making it to the litterbox as frequently as I thought. Found this when I set my knitting bag on the floor and it came back smelling like cat pee. Ew. Fortunately it was just the bag that got stinky and not my nice handwash only yarn that I'm knitting with at the moment.

Mom to K (06.23.06) & A (09.13.09)
#190 of 208 Old 10-30-2007, 05:56 AM

So I figured out how to multi quote

Quote:
Kari, I just looked at your links and I LOVE the pic of you pulling her in the wagon, and "Mmmmmm, rocks" is too cute!!!
Thanks I'd LOVE to have a wagon like that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearaina View Post
L isn't sleeping well, either. But she has a cold and has molars coming in. I woke up one night and thought it was a cat draped on my legs...but then the "cat" pinced me and I realized it was L, laying on me and pinching me :.

You can see a pic of L if you look at our family pics, she is pic 8, I think. Well, she is the only one taht looks 16 1/2 months old. The others are obviously older or younger.
Thanks for sharing! What a cuttie! apropos You know, sydney pinches me when she's nursing asleep every now and then. I'll wake up with red marks under my arm. The strangest things can happen when co-sleeping!

#191 of 208 Old 10-30-2007, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

She walks!

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#192 of 208 Old 10-30-2007, 02:31 PM

So in a fit of desperation, I decided to take Kait to the rocker when she woke up last night instead of into bed, to see if maybe she wanted to rock back to sleep. And damned if it didn't work! Sure, I had to sleep in a rocker for 5 hours, but that's a might bit better than being awake for 2 hours like the previous 3 nights. Just thought I'd throw that out there to everybody else dealing with annoying sleepers right now.

#193 of 208 Old 10-30-2007, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We actually do that quite a bit on our recliner, though. My dh does it at least once a night because ds won't settle enough to let us sleep in the bed. Glad that worked out for ya!

Already!?!?! cold.gif  ~ Lori, doula, childbirth educator, wife to Jermaine 6/04, and mom to two happy and energetic boys - Tatum 6/06 and Keegan 3/09

#194 of 208 Old 10-30-2007, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Oh my gosh, this is SO us right now. I actually came back to this thread to see if anyone was dealing with sleep issues, because I. AM. GOING. NUTS!!!

Anna wakes every hour or two, MUST nurse for at least 15-20 minutes, and then generally flips if I try to unlatch her. I seriously am starting to resent nursing her in a big way. It's not good. ARGH -- I just don't know what to do about it.

And the weird thing is she has all her teeth except for her two year old molars. So no teeth are coming in! What the heck??? : :

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#195 of 208 Old 10-30-2007, 04:22 PM

Sarah, congratulations on the walking!

AugustineM, is there any chance she's getting her 2-year molars already? I think most kids get them around 18 months.

It's so frustrating, and dh will say, "Well, why don't you take her to the doctor and see if there's anything wrong with her?" And of course, the doctor would just say that I should wean her and put her in a crib, yk? So dh is like, "Well, you chose this." Chose this! In my mind, it's not a choice.

Anyway, I tried to readjust my thinking before bed last night. I thought about how she must be in pain or scared or whatever, and how much better off she will be because I am responding to her. It really helped me not to be so cranky every time I had to wake up. It was like a little pre-bed meditation/self pep-talk.

#196 of 208 Old 10-30-2007, 05:44 PM

Quote:
So in a fit of desperation, I decided to take Kait to the rocker when she woke up last night instead of into bed, to see if maybe she wanted to rock back to sleep. And damned if it didn't work! Sure, I had to sleep in a rocker for 5 hours, but that's a might bit better than being awake for 2 hours like the previous 3 nights. Just thought I'd throw that out there to everybody else dealing with annoying sleepers right now.
We did the rocking thing last night, and it led to more screaming than usual for us. She cried for 2 hours last night. Ugh. I finally figured out that if I laid her next to me and put my hand on her chest, she'd go to sleep. But I couldn't move that hand for like 3 hours after that or she'd wake up and cry again. :

ETA: Oh yeah. Yesterday, someone small at my house connected the sign for "down" with the word, and started doing both at the same time. Total language explosion here. Not entirely clear words, but repeating a lot of what I say, and close enough that I can tell that's what she's trying to say. Fun!

#197 of 208 Old 10-30-2007, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Yeah! Thats so exciting

Quote:

Anyway, I tried to readjust my thinking before bed last night. I thought about how she must be in pain or scared or whatever, and how much better off she will be because I am responding to her. It really helped me not to be so cranky every time I had to wake up. It was like a little pre-bed meditation/self pep-talk.
I'm glad you got a little re-focus time. I do this too and it really helps me to re-focus on the situation and on mothering. it's so easy to get lost and confused in a situation, especially when dealing with sleepless nights!

#198 of 208 Old 10-30-2007, 11:22 PM

Quote:
It's so frustrating, and dh will say, "Well, why don't you take her to the doctor and see if there's anything wrong with her?" And of course, the doctor would just say that I should wean her and put her in a crib, yk? So dh is like, "Well, you chose this." Chose this! In my mind, it's not a choice.

Chose this? I agree, there is no choice. Well... you COULD chose to make her CIO, but that's not a choice on your menu, is it? sorry you're not getting great support.

I agree on the pep talk. Sometimes in the middle of the night (after several nights of the all night screech fest) i give myself this same peptalk. sometimes it really helps, and sometimes I want to kick my own ass.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#199 of 208 Old 10-30-2007, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Thanks!

We've had an identical conversation at my house, several times. And I agree, the peptalk helps, especially when running back and forth between S2's room and J's, or trying to sleep on the couch with both of them so that DH can sleep since he's the one with the "real" job. Uh huh. That really went over well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klynne View Post
Yeah! Thats so exciting
yes, very.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
sometimes it really helps, and sometimes I want to kick my own ass.
:

Pictures!
First two hats I ever knit
V and S1 costumes (spider witch woman and pirate)
S2 costume (Dallas Cowboys football player...or PowderPuff football player, depending on your views)
J's costume (a pissed off chili pepper)
V, S1 and J (no longer pissed off)

#200 of 208 Old 10-31-2007, 06:09 AM

Quote:
sometimes I want to kick my own ass.

#201 of 208 Old 10-31-2007, 08:12 AM

Hey, how is everyone?

Can I get a recap?
#202 of 208 Old 10-31-2007, 12:26 PM

I'm still new here and : so just thought I would pop on and say : !

Mamma to identical twin girls (June, 2006 born at 30 weeks), new bundle of joy due August, 2011
#203 of 208 Old 10-31-2007, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustineM View Post
Oh my gosh, this is SO us right now. I actually came back to this thread to see if anyone was dealing with sleep issues, because I. AM. GOING. NUTS!!!

Anna wakes every hour or two, MUST nurse for at least 15-20 minutes, and then generally flips if I try to unlatch her. I seriously am starting to resent nursing her in a big way. It's not good. ARGH -- I just don't know what to do about it.

And the weird thing is she has all her teeth except for her two year old molars. So no teeth are coming in! What the heck??? : :
Hey, this is what I thought. But I have decided that teeth must be coming in given crap sleep and lots of drool. Maybe 2 year molars already? Also, P's canines broke through a while ago but are still coming up. Maybe that's true for you, too?
Anyway, I hear all of you on the sleep thing. My boobs are tired and my back/pelvis is killing me from the side sleeping. Argh. Hopefully good sleep returns sometime within the next 3 mos.
#204 of 208 Old 10-31-2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Chose this? I agree, there is no choice. Well... you COULD chose to make her CIO, but that's not a choice on your menu, is it? sorry you're not getting great support.
I am glad I am not the only one. I too get tired of the "well you chose this" line of thinking when P wakes up at night. Really DH is frustrated that HIS sleep is being disturbed. He seems to think that having P sleep in another room / not in our bed or sidecarred to our bed or having him be weaned will somehow fix his nightwakings. I have tried to explain that 1. he would still wake up 2. I would then have to get up and go to another room when P wakes at night, so MY sleep goes downhill as a [pregnant full-time WOH nursing] mother while DH's might improve marginally and 3. did I mention these "solutions" wouldn't solve anything?
*sigh* I think they just aren't thinking this through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJes View Post
ETA: Oh yeah. Yesterday, someone small at my house connected the sign for "down" with the word, and started doing both at the same time. Total language explosion here. Not entirely clear words, but repeating a lot of what I say, and close enough that I can tell that's what she's trying to say. Fun!
P understands EVERYTHING but doesn't say too much. Recently he has learned "hot" (i.e. "HA") and stays away from anything hot, like the oven and stove. This one I particularly like.

Quote:
Pictures!
First two hats I ever knit
V and S1 costumes (spider witch woman and pirate)
S2 costume (Dallas Cowboys football player...or PowderPuff football player, depending on your views)
J's costume (a pissed off chili pepper)
V, S1 and J (no longer pissed off)
Those pics are great! I really want to learn how to knit-- you make it look easy.
#205 of 208 Old 11-01-2007, 12:58 AM

There are pictures of a porcupine right here.

My friend wants me to hold onto this costume so that her kids can wear it.

#206 of 208 Old 11-01-2007, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireant View Post
Hey, how is everyone?

Can I get a recap?
Best. Long lost poster post. ever. Hiya!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicaldutchtulip View Post
I'm still new here and : so just thought I would pop on and say : !
:

Quote:

LOVE IT!!!

I had the afternoon from hades yesterday - it involved cleaning puke out of the car and one car seat. Puke from a 3-year-old who snuck more sweets than I authorized at a party we were at; puke from a 3-yr-old who doesn't usually have a lot of sugar, and whose stomach betrayed him in the car on the way home from the party. Gross. Gross. Gross. All is well now though, and there were several silver linings on the whole situation so that it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. And now the almost 3-yr-old understands what I mean when I say too much sugar is bad for your belly.

Halloween pics to come soon!

#207 of 208 Old 11-01-2007, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

that totally rocks!

Quote:
I had the afternoon from hades yesterday - it involved cleaning puke out of the car and one car seat. Puke from a 3-year-old who snuck more sweets than I authorized at a party we were at; puke from a 3-yr-old who doesn't usually have a lot of sugar, and whose stomach betrayed him in the car on the way home from the party. Gross. Gross. Gross. All is well now though, and there were several silver linings on the whole situation so that it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. And now the almost 3-yr-old understands what I mean when I say too much sugar is bad for your belly.

Halloween pics to come soon!
Ew. So sorry. I remember about 2 years ago I had just picked the girls up from daycare, and we were on the way home and S1 said, "I don't feel so good". No sooner had the words left her mouth than she projectile vomited all over the car. In December. I had to pull over to the side of the highway, as we were 12 miles from the closest exit, and take her out, strip her down, wipe her off with baby wipes, then wrap her in one of my sweatshirts that I luckily had in the trunk. Then I managed to wipe most of it off the seat in front of her, and her carseat was, thankfully, dry.

No sooner had I gotten her strapped back in than she said, "Can I have some french fries?"

#208 of 208 Old 11-01-2007, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Our new home:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...49#post9600849

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page