Happy Second Birthday, November '05 Babies! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 270 Old 11-29-2007, 04:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Chiming in with the weight height thing (and Amy, I heard about the double their height at 2 years old, too, and my dad kept insisting that was semi-accurate, and he's a doctor, so he thinks it's gospel, even though I know better).

Finley is 28 pounds and about 35". I think he's gonna be pretty tall, since I have such tall genes in my family (My dad is 6'6", and I would have been ab out 5'8" or 5'9" had I not had problems with my legs, etc, etc...) DH and his family are on the short side, though (he is only 5'7", if that)

More soon!
Exhausted and off to sleep...
#242 of 270 Old 11-29-2007, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

:Happy birthday Woody and HoneyTree!!:

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#243 of 270 Old 11-29-2007, 09:26 AM

happy birthday, woody! happy labor day, teresa! are you all working on night weaning? ez would cry if i tried to not nurse her unless dh really worked to soothe her and even then...well. it was much harder than the day for us. guess that may be true of everyone? anyway, hope that it gets better and you get some sleep. i totally understand about getting stuff done once the babes fall asleep when really, i should just pass out with her!

happy birthday, ngaio! happy labor day, fern!

amy- all through our pregnancy, i thought you were so beautiful! you are just as beautiful now and perhaps more so with your babe by your side!

helen- i have only browsed on hyena cart's jewelry section and it seemed confusing and overwhelming to be. i like the niche audience part of it, though.

it seems like all you babes are so much bigger than ezra. are you all making straight cream while i lactated skim milk? she's been tiny from the beginning, only 5 lbs at birth and down to 4 and a half. i am just so thankful that she's healthy and happy!!! kwim? it's too easy to compare how small she is and worry, well i don't worry so much anymore but i did that first year or so.

i was so huge when preggo with her. when i got preggo with ez, i was about 15 lbs heavier than when i got preggo this time. and, i just kept packing the pounds on with her unlike this time where i lost a ton down the toilet in the first 3 months. as of two weeks ago, i have finally gained back that lost weight from morning sickness! as someone recovering from years of disordered eating and image, it feels so funny to say (and believe) that i am happy to be gaining weight. it feels so free, like i defeated something in my head that kicked my ass for so many years. woo hoo!

we're going to richmond, finally to see my mom and sister. and, hopefully get up to ikea for a few goodies.

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#244 of 270 Old 11-29-2007, 02:11 PM

I've just read through 3 pages and all I've retained is the height/weight thing. I swear my brain has turned totally to mush. On the height/weight thing we have conflicting reports. He has been in the ped's and ER too much lately with his ear, then a checkup and most recently croup. He is somewhere around 32-33lbs and at least 36" tall. It would be a good guess to say he will probably be at least 6' based just on genetics. He will also probably stay a big guy just like his daddy, one uncle and grandpa for starters.

He also did pretty decent with sleep last night. He went to sleep in our bed, but was moved to his with no problems. He stayed there until around 5:30 and was very proud of himself for having been in his bed all night. However he was totally soaked which meant stripping and changing him at 5:30.

As for me in addition to having mush for brains I am huge. As in my mw wouldn't look right at me while checking things last month and I got a scan to make sure there is only one. I see her again tomorrow so hopefully there will be an easy explanation for the hugeness.

Kristina mom to A 1/12 J 11/05 D 4/08 and tiny dude in late April 2010
#245 of 270 Old 11-29-2007, 02:20 PM

Oh, Kristina, you've got a ways to go yet! Here's hoping it's just an early growth spurt...?

Not much to say, just that I updated the pic of Rowan linked in my sig so you can see her new hairdo. No more mullet!

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#246 of 270 Old 11-29-2007, 02:21 PM

i finally have a picture of my hugeness (33 weeks 5 days..not a great picture but the camera was dying) and some recent ones of ngaio and elwynn..

i decided to go all out and make her a fancy butterfly birthday cake (organic cake) with coloured icing (not organic at all) and candies and everything. it was a big hit :especially the jelly beans.

the link is www.picturetrail.com/babyngaio in the album "belly bean"

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#247 of 270 Old 11-29-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_kristina View Post
I swear my brain has turned totally to mush.
mine too when it comes to memory!!!
#248 of 270 Old 11-29-2007, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Fern, you look beautiful! Of course, that's kind of how I always think of you anyway. I'm so happy you shared pictures with us.

Kristina, I hope everything checks out OK.

Gunter - awww, thank you. : That's so sweet.

OK y'all. I have this good friend from high school who is a professional artist, and he agreed to do a gesture sketch of a picture of me & Brynn nursing. I just got the finished product in the mail today, and I saw that he also posted it to his web gallery. I really love it, although in the photo it does look a tiny bit like I'm frowning (in real life it doesn't, so I guess it's a pixelation issue?). Anyhoo, if you want to see it, click here. It's the upper-left most image.

#249 of 270 Old 11-29-2007, 05:53 PM

Kristina, I'll point out here that you, Fern and Monique are all complaining about being huge this time and you're all pregnant with your thirds. Coincidence? I don't think so.
Happy birthday to Woody!

Gunter, I know what you mean about hyenacart being big and scary and maybe not hugely userfriendly. Have you posted down in WAHM for advice?

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#250 of 270 Old 11-29-2007, 08:09 PM

Amy, the picture is beautiful! But I gotta say, it... uh... stands out a little bit thematically from the rest of his portfolio!
#251 of 270 Old 11-29-2007, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyTree View Post
Amy, the picture is beautiful! But I gotta say, it... uh... stands out a little bit thematically from the rest of his portfolio!
Yeah, a little! Well I'm portrayed as naked, so I guess it's somewhat close.

#252 of 270 Old 11-29-2007, 11:52 PM

Gunther, to answer your question, we're not night weaning, but I will say that with this new nursing pattern, I have started to say "no" sometimes. This seems to exacerbate rather than alleviate the issues; he'll wake to nurse, nurse for 15-20 minutes, doze off, wake again, nurse again, doze off, then if he wakes again, I--totally and utterly exhausted, muttering curses at the universe under my breath, already formulating my letter of resignation (feeling that there's no possible way I could wake up in ___hours to teach and care for 19 kids)--say to Woody, "No, no more nursing tonight." Then he begins to scream. Then he won't nurse. He'll just scream. Eventually he'll calm down, and then we'll begin the nursing pattern again. Dh can soothe him maybe one of the two or three times per night that this happens.

It's pretty awful. And I was about to say, but not as awful as I'm making it sound, but in the middle of the night, it is exactly that bad. I'm trying hard not to link it with my job--I love what I do, and it's a fabulous place for Woody to be--but (and who would have guessed this) I am finding that motherhood, at least the way that is right for me, takes over to some degree every single aspect of life, and that's pretty hard to compromise on or negotiate with.
#253 of 270 Old 11-30-2007, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
Kristina, I'll point out here that you, Fern and Monique are all complaining about being huge this time and you're all pregnant with your thirds. Coincidence? I don't think so.
i'm so not complaining! i love being huge with child...

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#254 of 270 Old 11-30-2007, 12:07 AM

: i know, i know.. i just posted. i just wanted to say that i miss my nov.ddc.. i mean not you guys but the jan ddc that im in im just not that connected with and i was re-reading posts from like 39 weeks on with ngaio and man, we were a tight group. it totally made me cry reading some of the posts..i guess im having the day after birthday sillies.. but what an amazing time we all had. *sniff* so... thanks.

Quote:

#255 of 270 Old 11-30-2007, 12:07 AM

Teresa, please forgive me if this too much meddling, but have you tried sleeping in a physically different space from your DH and Woody? When I first started trying to get Rowan to not nurse every hour at night, I tried just saying no, and it was exactly as you describe with the hollering and making it worse, and having DH there to comfort her didn't seem to do much good. Then when I went back to work, I needed my brain a lot because my job was very intellectually intensive - I would have been useless enough to actually fire on less than 6 hours of sleep. So I told DH that he just had to deal with it, and I went to sleep on the couch. 3 or 4 nights later, Rowan wasn't crying at all. She'd still wake up, but she'd snuggle up to DH and go right back to sleep with no fuss. 6 months later I was able to go back to sleeping with her without her pitching a fit when I said "no" to boobies. To be honest, we only did it out of absolute necessity, but it sounds like you might be approaching that point too. (Although, IIRC, Amy tried doing something similar with Brynn and I don't think it did work - Amy please correct me if I'm wrong?)

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#256 of 270 Old 11-30-2007, 12:08 AM

Awww, Fern!

#257 of 270 Old 11-30-2007, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spughy View Post
Teresa, please forgive me if this too much meddling, but have you tried sleeping in a physically different space from your DH and Woody? When I first started trying to get Rowan to not nurse every hour at night, I tried just saying no, and it was exactly as you describe with the hollering and making it worse, and having DH there to comfort her didn't seem to do much good. Then when I went back to work, I needed my brain a lot because my job was very intellectually intensive - I would have been useless enough to actually fire on less than 6 hours of sleep. So I told DH that he just had to deal with it, and I went to sleep on the couch. 3 or 4 nights later, Rowan wasn't crying at all. She'd still wake up, but she'd snuggle up to DH and go right back to sleep with no fuss. 6 months later I was able to go back to sleeping with her without her pitching a fit when I said "no" to boobies. To be honest, we only did it out of absolute necessity, but it sounds like you might be approaching that point too. (Although, IIRC, Amy tried doing something similar with Brynn and I don't think it did work - Amy please correct me if I'm wrong?)
Both of my kids mostly night-weaned by themselves once they moved to their own bed and DH went in to comfort them if/when they woke up during the night. Ellie goes to bed at 7-8pm and doesn't nurse again till about 5-6am when she comes into our bed. It so cute, she gets up and knocks on her door until one of us come to get her - she's not tall enough to open the door by herself!

Speaking of weaning... Killy still hasn't quite weaned himself. But for the last month or so, he's only nursing every 4-5 days. So, I'll think he's weaned himself and get a little emotional about it, then he nurses the next morning. You know, I remember a discussion awhile back about "don't offer, don't refuse" and I think that must have wildly different effects on different kids. I haven't offered nursing to Killy in over 18 months! I'm not really offering to Ellie, either anymore, but she still nurses a ton. (My goal has been to get each child to at least two years of nursing, and then let them wean themselves. I'll admit, though, that I did finally put some limits on Killy's nursing frequency after he turned three.) I'm finding it easier to be patient with Ellie's nursing with only one child nursing regularly.

Amy, that's interesting that Brynn's not very affectionate physically. My guess would be that since she's still nursing a lot that's how she gets the physical contact/closeness/comfort she wants/needs. I know that since Killy cut down so much on his nursing, he's much more of a cuddlebug. When he gets upset (when he would have asked to nurse a year ago), he'll say, "Mommy! I need you to cuddle me!" and its just sooo cute.

Ellie has started this funny thing where when I ask her to do something, or not to do something, she'll say, "O-kaaaaaay!" in this really snotty voice. Its really funny, though! I try not to laugh, but its really hard!

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#258 of 270 Old 11-30-2007, 04:14 AM

Amy, I think the sketch of you and Brynn is beautiful!
And yes, my deafness does have something to do with the problem with my parents. I think more than anything, though, they just have a different idea of who I am, have an idea of who I am, instead of actually knowing me, or wanting to. And then when I don't fit their idea, or into their mold of a daughter, it pisses them off. I think that is it in a nutshell. And, as awful as it sounds, I don't think they actually care about me. Again, they care about the idea of their relationship with their daughter, but not me.
As for my deafness, I have handled it differently than they raised me to, sort of, so it has been a point of tension.

If you don't mind my asking, what is the source of your mom's issues? Do you even know?

Fern, you look Beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing the pictures. It made my day.

I forgot who asked, but we are still nursing at night, and the thought of nightweaning is daunting. I have been trying to get Finley to snuggle back to sleep, and if I"m awake and in bed, it works. But most of the time, if I"m asleep, for some reason, it doesn't really work, and he insists on nursing, and if I try to hold off, the screaming begins, and I just don't want to go there, want to go back to sleep, so I give in. Some nights, though, he doesn't nurse at all til morning, and others, it's frequent. For now, I'm just riding it out, hoping the non-nursing nights become more and more frequent until they become the norm.

Q of C, Ellie and Killie sound so adorable!

Oh, and Spughy, Rowan is beautiful and so cute!!! I love her hair, the little flip

Finley is so lovable these days...full of "I love you Mommy"'s and hugs and kisses. We had a lovely day today, including a trip to the Farmer's Market, which was delightful.
#259 of 270 Old 11-30-2007, 04:34 AM

I have been cleaning like a mad person today. It's like nesting in preparation for labor. I am so freaking antsy. In 30 minutes it will be the day before my wedding.
Jim met my dad's mom and aunt and uncle today. They all got along smashingly, it was so much better than I expected it to be. My kids were a little unruly but thankfully my grandmother had three boys so she knows what it's like. Everyone was totally enamored with the baby though, of course.
I wish I could go to sleep but I am totally amped. I guess I'll go clean some more.
#260 of 270 Old 11-30-2007, 03:41 PM

DiD, it's the day before your wedding here now. I'm sending you total love, and support. Everything is set now, and really, the big thing that matters is that you and Jim can celebrate your love and your life together and the child that you made (and the children yet to come) and it's all going to be blessed and wonderful. So don't sweat the small stuff.
Fern, I miss you too . I'm still incredibly excited about being pregnant at the same time as you, though (to the extent that I even post in January sometimes), and whenever I see you post about your belly bean I do go and look to see what you've had to say. The bond with us isn't broken, y'know? As we move out of our new-mother role and find our feet a bit more, we just get spread more evenly throughout the boards.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#261 of 270 Old 11-30-2007, 04:23 PM

I love reading about all of the growing pregnant mamas! We're going to have some exciting new baby threads around here soon

I've heard the doubling of the two year height estimate, but also heard that it's at 18 months for girls. Either way, she'll probably outgrow my 5'2"- according to our nurse she's 37 3/4 inches tall. Neela was measured lying down, so I think it's a bit generous- but she is at least 37" tall. And 28 pounds- turning into a bit of a lanky toddler.

And hugs to the sleepless mamas. We seem to have successfully night-weaned this time. I talked with Neela about it during the day, when I was calmer and less desperate, and we bought new magical help her sleep without nursing pajamas. There was no more than very brief complaining, unlike other times when I tried to not nurse during the night and she would SCREAM! She's getting really good about asking for help to get back to sleep "sing a song/read a story/rock me" etc. And I LOVE our new bedtime routine- I didn't plan on stopping nursing to sleep, but it just kind of happened. Even a month ago I don't think it would have been possible without tantrums, so I'm a true believer in the "when they're ready" school of thinking.

Off to deal with some poop...

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#262 of 270 Old 11-30-2007, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
i know, i know.. i just posted. i just wanted to say that i miss my nov.ddc.. i mean not you guys but the jan ddc that im in im just not that connected with and i was re-reading posts from like 39 weeks on with ngaio and man, we were a tight group. it totally made me cry reading some of the posts..i guess im having the day after birthday sillies.. but what an amazing time we all had. *sniff* so... thanks.
I feel exactly the same way, Fern!!!! You look so belly-liscious! I love it.

And *I* **am** complaining about how I feel... I just popped an old stetchmark further and now it's red. What's it going to be like in four months??? Open? Ouch!

HoneyTree - Willem was like that. And it was so bad because I was pregnant too. He was totally inconsolable. After a while Dh would get so pissed about it and just would not understand.
#263 of 270 Old 11-30-2007, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaspirant View Post
Jacob weighs 32 lbs *tears...means I can't keep him rearfacing ANY longer* and is 36 inches tall.
I could definately be wrong but I *think* a Britax can rearface longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcelona View Post
And yes, my deafness does have something to do with the problem with my parents. I think more than anything, though, they just have a different idea of who I am, have an idea of who I am, instead of actually knowing me, or wanting to. And then when I don't fit their idea, or into their mold of a daughter, it pisses them off. I think that is it in a nutshell. And, as awful as it sounds, I don't think they actually care about me. Again, they care about the idea of their relationship with their daughter, but not me.
I don't really know what to say other than I have been in "that" space before, and I'd like to send you a cyber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
I have been cleaning like a mad person today. It's like nesting in preparation for labor. I am so freaking antsy. In 30 minutes it will be the day before my wedding.
Eeeeeek - you're getting married tomorrow!!!! I hope the day is everything you have wished for!

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
#264 of 270 Old 11-30-2007, 07:25 PM

Carseats yuck! We turned Joseph around a month or so ago because he was too tall to be rf in the Scenera although it goes to 35lbs rf. He is also around 33lbs which is the limit for rf in the Britax seats so that wouldn't be a big help for him. On the other hand he will be too tall for the Scenera ff soon too which means a new seat altogether. Plan currently is a new seat for him and new guy in the Scenera. Annoying that even though the Scenera has very high slots for a 40 lb seat he is still almost too tall for it at 2 years old. I'm just glad we knew that would happen when we bought it or it would be far more upsetting.

I had my mw checkup today and I'm not measuring so far ahead now which was nice to hear. I hadn't worried about how big I was before she started me worrying at the last visit! I'm going to go with the early growth spurt and just being pg with #3 thing. Sounds good to me. I'm not overly concerned about a big baby either. One of the nice things about being on #3. Other then nasty high bp that was likely due to a headache from the weather things are looking good.

Kristina mom to A 1/12 J 11/05 D 4/08 and tiny dude in late April 2010
#265 of 270 Old 11-30-2007, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susannah M View Post
I could definately be wrong but I *think* a Britax can rearface longer.
We have a Britax and the RF limit is 33 lbs, fully clothed. Which he now is (

But they are longer than most so that's good.
#266 of 270 Old 11-30-2007, 07:52 PM

Btw, a forward facing 5-pt harness seat that will last a long time with BIG kids is the Costco Apex 65. Kids can stay in the harness till they hit 65 lbs and some ridiculously tall height. Then it converts to a booster. Killy's been in it since he outgrew his rear-facing seat at about two years. He's over 40 inches and still has tons of room in the harness. Its hard to find in stores, but the Target website has it and some BRU stores carry them. Whenever Ellie outgrows her convertible seat we'll get her one, too. I do have her forward facing already, though - due to her terrible carsickness. She's thrown up twice in the last two weeks! UGH!

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#267 of 270 Old 11-30-2007, 09:18 PM

Rowan's FF in our Britax now because her legs are really long and she was quite uncomfortable RF. Also, when we went to Europe, all the seats we had there were FF and she got used to it I would have liked to keep her RF longer but it would have been a major struggle. Fortunately we don't use the car daily so I don't feel quite so bad about it.

I just got my hair cut and all the colouring that was in it is now GONE! I am officially on the path to going grey gracefully. I feel very liberated. The new 'do is very short, but I like it.

DiD - happy wedding day tomorrow! Stop fretting and enjoy it. Yay married!!!

Mel - holy schmoly, Neela is a tall girl! I noticed that when you were here in the summer but it sounds like she's been springing up even more since then. Wow!

Happy birthday (late - sorry) to Ngaio!

Rowan had a little friend over this morning who kind of reminded me a bit of Ngaio. Her hair, mostly and her "i'll do it MY way thanks" attitude. Lovely little girl, she and Rowan got along very well, mostly because they're both a little reticent and very non-agressive. It was nice. I think I like this age, where you can pick and choose their friends. I'm sure THAT doesn't last. But fortunately - OH so fortunately! - all the mamas I'm friends with IRL have pretty awesome kids. Not a grabber or a pusher in the bunch. My closest mama friend has a little boy 6 wks younger than Rowan and they love each other. They even ask to phone each other. THAT is just a whole pile of cuteness.

Gotta go, laundry calling.

Oh, and I posted this in another thread but it was so cute I have to post it here - yesterday we were walking home from the dog park, very early because Rowan had an early nap, and I told her that because it was still so early, we could make popcorn when we got home. She said "Yay! Popcorn goes pop! Like a weasel. Only different." I couldn't help but laugh. I wonder what she thinks a weasel IS???

#268 of 270 Old 11-30-2007, 09:54 PM

Thanks for the wise words and sympathy about the night nursing. It's Friday, so I have two days to be able to sleep in with him and catch up! Dh already has a single bed in "Woody's" room, so maybe we'll take turns sleeping in there until this frequent waking thing plays out.

Spughy, Horray for going grey! I'm probably 10 % grey here a month shy of 30. I am quite fond of it!

And your post about picking Rowan's friends was so timely for me. The parent who watches Woody and another teacher's 1 y.o. for two hours a day at school (while I teach writing and math) has offered to take on another teacher's 2 1/2 y.o. for the whole day. This other child has had problems at previous daycares with body boundaries--"bulldozing" other children, throwing them on the ground, and all around playing really rough. Woody is really mellow, and is totally NOT a boisterous or aggressive or physically-communicative kid, and he and the 1 y.o. girl get along really well on a very gentle level.

I'm trying to withhold most worrying until a problem arises, trying not to put negativity into the universe, and knowing that other children are and will be part of his world, but I'm a little sad that the gentle dynamic between Woody and the 1 y.o. is going to be challenged.

Is anyone else struggling with this? What do you do?
#269 of 270 Old 12-01-2007, 01:58 AM

we spent the whole day at ikea which was pretty fun, surprisingly. it was great to have my mom along to play with ezra the whole time and hold her or push her or whatever. even though i have been to that particular ikea a bunch of times, i never noticed the little houses for kids to play in around the stores. they were great for ez!

got into a bit of a heavy talk with my mom on the ride back to richmond about growing up stuff. (basically, she was a horrible mom and my dad was worse, at times. she's asked me to forgive her and i have. we have a great relationship now which i NEVER thought would happen. i swore that if i ever did have kids, she woudl never see them.) anyway, it was hard to hear some of the stuff she said and it's hard for her to face a lot of it, too. but it was healthy and healing even though it was difficult to get through the conversation calmly. she loves ezra so much and is soooo good to her. it's so great for me to see my mom love on her (and me, and dh). i think ezra's love for my mom helps motivate her to be a healthier person.

rowan's hair is so cutie. your whole family is beautiful, btw. i have always thought that about you all! can we see a new picture of your new do, too? i have a friend going grey as she's barely 25. looks great on her though. she started when she was like 21.

hey fern- i saw you over int he burt's bee co-op. i am stoked to get some of their stuff but had to take it easy as both dh and i are currently unemployed. ngaio and her cake are soo cutie! ezra had one in the shape of a penguin (but i never posted pics of it; i need to do that). her hair looks way blonder then i remember but maybe i just haven't seen pics of her lately. i used to check up on your blog but hadn't seen any recent updates. ellwyn is as adorable as ever. you look great, too! you get to meet your babe in just a moth or two, how exciting! i have to wait until the end of feb but am growing steadily after months of no weight gain and lots of throwing up. it feels good to be getting bigger...until i catch my breath going upstairs! ps i don't feel nearly as connected with my feb ddc as i did/do with this nov ddc! it's weird, eh? it's really nice that helen and strawberry fields are there with me! there are some other moms of nov 05 babes but they don't post in this thread.

amy- can i get a copy of that? is that weird that i want one? sooooo beautiful!!!

helen- i did post asking for advice on etsy shops in wahm. i got so stoked talking about it this weekend. my mom is super crafty and has been selling her stuff locally in virginia for years. it's so encouraging being around her and knowing she has done it and i can do it. she's not doing as much as she wants to right now though and that makes me sad for her.

oh, teresa, i totally remember ez just screaming when i tried to say, "can you wait a minute. we're not nursing right now" or whatever i said. it was hard, for sure. i really hope things improve for you both, as plain as that sounds. ITA about how it affects the rest of life and directly affects work when you don't get sleep. it was hard for me to not resent nursing when it was hard like that and i was tired and so sore in the nips. i can barely believe she's not nursing anymore. it doesn't seem real. she does say that she'll nurse, again after buxton is born!

barcelona- sorry about your parent stuff. i don't have a relationship with my dad at all these days so i certainly don't think he cares much about me. i felt that way about my mom my whole life pretty much (that she didn't know me or care about me) and that F N sucked! this for you and lots of healing vibes sent your way. so jealous imagining all the goodies still available at your farmer's markets out there! we have soem still going on just are limited. did you ask about pming me about diet? you are sooo welcome to do that. i don't have an ideal diet or think mine is the "right" way or anything though.

neela sounds more like ezra's body type than the other babes but ez is still a bit smaller at 28.5 inches and 21 pounds. lanky babe, here, too though!

DID- perhaps you are married now! wooo hoo!!!

kristina- mind if i ask how far ahead you are measuring? i was measuring 2 weeks small last month and now i am measuring 3 weeks ahead! two different people measured me though so it could be a little off b/c of that.

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#270 of 270 Old 12-01-2007, 04:03 AM

I started a new thread...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page