My poor sweet baby bit his tongue really bad... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-13-2007, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel so bad for my little guy, he fell down today when a baby gate fell out of the doorway and gashed his tongue. He must have bitten it, I can't see what else could have happened, there wasn't anything sharp around. It was bleeding quite a bit for a while and when he finally let me see it, it is a pretty deep cut. I did what I could to help him feel better, and I could tell he wanted to feel better, but he was sad for most of the rest of the evening... (I called the ped office and they said they don't do anything for cut tongues anyways.) Right before bed he was pretty giggly, though, so hopefully that's a good sign.

It's so hard the first time they get an injury that doesn't just go away quickly!

L'lee reading.gif ~ C geek.gif ~ E broc1.gif May, 2006 ~ Rjoy.gif12/29/2011nocirc.gif goorganic.jpg ecbaby2.gif homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#2 of 4 Old 11-14-2007, 12:00 AM

The mouth really does heal very quickly. It might be a little tender for a day or so, but will be bearable. The mouth also bleeds a lot, so I know how scary it can be. My daughter seems to bite a hole in her tongue it seems at least once a year. A cold wet washcloth seems to help the best.
#3 of 4 Old 11-14-2007, 12:10 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that it heals quickly! Probably especially so since he's so little. You're right about the cold wet washcloth, that's what I gave him and he really liked that. I hear that any cut on the head generally bleeds a lot more than anywhere else. I'm glad it slowed down quickly, though! It's so hard to see a little one bleeding and crying!

L'lee reading.gif ~ C geek.gif ~ E broc1.gif May, 2006 ~ Rjoy.gif12/29/2011nocirc.gif goorganic.jpg ecbaby2.gif homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#4 of 4 Old 11-14-2007, 12:14 AM

My 19 month old fell off a swing in the back yard earlier today & her mouth was bleeding too. But I have no idea WHERE she cut it...looked & looked and just didn't see.
And, yeah, mouth stuff heals FAST!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page