Who has link for Melissa and Doug? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-14-2007, 12:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been trying to find in our archives the Melissa and Doug mfring policy. I've seen it in here, but I can't find it. Anyone have it handy?? DS is currently surrounded on all sized by M and D toys!

Thanks!
#2 of 5 Old 11-14-2007, 05:57 PM

FYI, I don't have the response anymore. But when the recalls started, I emailed M&D and asked them if anything was manufactured in China. They mentioned that one can have very successful manufacturing in China, but it is all about constant testing and monitoring. They said the test and monitor constantly, to ensure their products are safe. Maybe that will make you feel better...
#3 of 5 Old 11-14-2007, 06:35 PM

You'd think that as a toy manufacturer, they would have a link on their site for safety testing. Hrmmm. I didn't see one, but you could email them directly here:

Service@MelissaAndDoug.com

I remember reading something about their toys at one point recently, though, and feeing reassured that they were still safe.

I wish I could find that link though. Let us know what they say if you contact them, especially if they have a public link available (since copying a quote from an email is against the ToS here).

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#4 of 5 Old 11-14-2007, 06:58 PM

This isn't specifically what you've asked for, but maybe it helps. These quotes come from this site....

Quote:
...It is true that most Melissa and Doug toys are made in China; however, this company is not involved in any of the recent recalls. Melissa and Doug state that they test each batch of toys twice (once in China and once in USA) before distributing them. The testing is not done by an outsourced company, but by Melissa and Doug employees....
and

Quote:
...If you are boycotting Chinese toys because of safety concerns, then you may feel comfortable with Melissa and Doug...
Here is the Melissa and Doug official website, and their "contact us" page. Hope you find what you're looking for!

WARNING: The comments and opinions expressed above do not necessarily reflect those of the community in which I reside; or those of the internet parenting network.
#5 of 5 Old 11-14-2007, 07:10 PM

I just emailed M&D the other day because of our concerns before holiday shopping. They wrote back with basically the same response as goose1, stressing their testing and how involved they are with the manufacturing of their toys. They basically alluded to the fact that there are *some* companies that just turn things over to manufacturers in China and don't care and then there are companies like M&D that are very careful about how their toys are made. I know it still takes a leap of faith, but I do feel better about their toys (though not thrilled about supporting a company that outsources to China, but in terms of good/bad companies to support, I feel okay giving M&D my money).

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif

Tags
Toys , Melissa Doug

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page