Active toys for 2.5 year old? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-27-2007, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi!

You might have seen my other post about my son not sleeping... I am hoping that by getting him more active that it may help as well!

Do you have any ideas for active play? We have a climber... but it is down right now because we are trying to sell our house.

What are some of your favs?

Thank you sooooo much!

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#2 of 6 Old 11-27-2007, 02:25 PM

We have small space so we use a few inflatables which can be taken down and traded out when she gets bored with them.

She really enjoys the large size of this one:

http://www.southpawenterprises.com/s...ts,Product.asp

She also has an inflatable jumpoline-like thing, and a huge slide (that was meant for a pool but it works great as a "mountain" to climb).

She likes the fisher-price roller skates (but she needs help to use them).

Mostly we try to get out every day. We've been going swimming lately which is probably the best way to help her get tired out for sleep that I've found, so far.
#3 of 6 Old 11-27-2007, 03:05 PM

A Rody Pony might help. Most 2-year-olds LOVE them. Besides that, how about going for a walk? Or going to the park? Maybe instead of buying new toys, you should buy him some super warm clothes (assuming you live in a colder climate) so that you can play outside year-round. I really like the Patagonia Capilene.

HTH!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#4 of 6 Old 11-27-2007, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the posts mamas!!!! I really appreciate it sooooo much!

Lex ~ I was actually considering that one! Does it have a strong plastic smell? My sister got one that was similar and she said that she had to gete rid of it due to its smell...

Thank you again!

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#5 of 6 Old 11-27-2007, 04:02 PM

Another vote here for Rody. We have never noticed any smell at all. It takes up relatively little space and provides a fantastic indoor outlet for energy! When my 2.5yo seems to have extra energy to burn and we can't get outside immediately, I always suggest that she take a ride on Rody... more often than not, it really helps!

Meg, BFARing mama to two spirited daughters, born at home June 05 and April 08.
#6 of 6 Old 11-27-2007, 05:08 PM

I've got an active one too. One thing he loves is his Wheely Bee. He rides that thing all over the house. We have hardwood floors but I don't think it does as well on plush carpeting. One thing that helps is having different types of toys. Sometimes when he's really wound up he'll get out his wooden lacing beads or lacing cards and they calm him down. He also has his own notebook and colored pencils. There's nothing like a good coat or snowsuit and letting him burn some energy outside with the dog

: I'm open to more ideas.

Awesome SAHM to 5-yr-old son,3-yr-old girl and a baby girl. Blog about my home http://azaleastudio.blogspot.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page