It's December, November 05 mamas!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 243 Old 12-06-2007, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susannah M View Post
I hope she called while your phone was off!
She didn't, yesterday or today. Oh well! Kavita, you are totally right in everything you said, and DH and I have said *many* times that my mom is missing the "mothering" gene. I decided to just let it go rather than take issue with her about it, and I feel a lot better. Brynn's not missing out on anything, that is for sure. Thanks for your thoughts, and letting me highjack the thread temporarily!

Monique, sorry you are having such a rough time lately. I hope you get to feeling more like yourself soon.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#62 of 243 Old 12-06-2007, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willemsmamma View Post
Amy, you must have been writing your post as I was writing mine.
And we did it again! We're on the same wavelength today!

Quote:
...every time I look at your blog I'm reminded of what an amazing person you are, and such a wonderful, nurturing mother. Brynn is so blessed by having you as her mother and your apple has fallen far from your tree (as in I seriously doubt you have any threads of similarity in mothering with your own mother).
Monique, that means so much to me. It brought tears to my eyes. My heart's desire is that Brynn will never know anything but the feeling of being loved and treasured by us. I am so grateful that I had a daughter, because mothering her heals me every day.

#63 of 243 Old 12-06-2007, 05:56 PM

flying in...anyone have a blessingway (now called a "mother blessing")?

We don't do santa either. we do rudolph! just in a make-believe fun kinda way.

amy, i'm not talking to my mom anymore either. long story, but it sort of begins with her "forgetting" multiple things after promising the kids calls/stuff/things she'd do and ends with her buying pot from my crazy sister. I grew up with it, and decided my kids shouldn't have to as well.
#64 of 243 Old 12-06-2007, 06:24 PM

I think I'm going to call my mother tonight and tell her I'm glad she's an actual mom, not just someone who happened to a have a kid or two. s Monique, Amy, & FSM. You guys are breaking the cycle, for sure!

I got my beads today! Yay! They're all so pretty! I think I'm going to get some cords and make a couple of necklaces out of them, because there are some nifty themes going on there.

Someone at playgroup today commented that Rowan seems to do everything (in the realm of growing up) so FAST. She was standing on the top of the slidey-climbey toy, pushing toy trucks down the slide, laughing her head off then yelling "Did you see that Mummy? Did you see that?" It's true - it's not just verbal stuff, she's tall(ish), and super well-coordinated for a two-year-old, and seems to be getting over her shy phase and will talk to other adults now, and they mostly understand her. And I thought, yeah - and I kind of want her to slow down. Is that bad? Anyone else want their babies to stay babies for longer?

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#65 of 243 Old 12-06-2007, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spughy View Post
And I thought, yeah - and I kind of want her to slow down. Is that bad? Anyone else want their babies to stay babies for longer?
Yeah, I keep telling Keagan he isn't allowed to grow up so fast.

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
#66 of 243 Old 12-06-2007, 07:34 PM

Thanks for all the 's

Any extended time (as in more than a couple hours) spent around my mom sends me spiraling into this funk. And it's really hard to see the bright side of anything. In addition to the parent issue, which I am completely ignoring for sake of my sanity (really, if they call and say anything characteristic I'll fly off the handle.... it's been a looong time), I'm frustrated with how dh is running the business and our ensuing financial stilt. I understand his side of things but you gotta kinda stick your neck out to make things work. And hiring someone for the front desk seems to be a block for him. He's spread too thin doing everything. I just wish he saw himself as the doctor in the office, and not the office manager, the billing coordinator, the receptionist etc etc. And because we're in this stilt we can't save for a downpayment for a house and that's got me in the dumps in a bad way. Especially because it's already such a tight squeeze here and there is no room for a baby. Honestly. It's not so much the square footage, it's the layout and flow (or lack thereof).
And it's little things irking me like dh not wanting to take down the boys' bunk beds and store them in the basement. They really prefer sleeping on the floor so we've got a ton of blankets and pillows down for them and there is literally NO room in their room. And they share that space.
I've been having dh freecycle a lot of stuff (he has the account set up with his email) and have been over on the decluttering and simplifying forum alot, lurking mostly. I realize how much stuff we have but need and don't have room to keep (in reality, it's not really THAT much for a family of four with one on the way). And it's so hard for me to decide what to keep and what to get rid of. And what to sell. Or rather keep to sell at the annual spring yard sale our neighborhood has.
On the homekeeping front, it doesn't help that I'm already waddling around and trying to keep my two tornadoes from totally destroying the house and themselves. It's just damage control at this point.
Sigh.

This morning I was in such a bad mood. Dh asked what was wrong and how I was feeling and I just told him I was nauseous from not sleeping and went in my room to mope. I got a pad of paper and a pen out and wrote a list of things that I needed him to do. And I left it on his dresser. Then I came out of the room sobbing that could he please wake up earlier if he wanted to read the paper because he was basically sitting there ignoring us (which I'm usually okay with because he's reading the morning paper but I'd been up since 4am, cleaned, had made bfast and gotten both kids up and ready for the day and all he did was wake up, get a shower, make coffee for himself and sit down to eat the oats I made and drink his coffee and read). At least I prefaced my little outburst with "I probably shouldn't bring this up right now because of the state I'm in but..." Thankfully he was sensitive enough to put the paper aside and go in the kitchen to start on the dishes. He also took Gabriel to work with him so I didn't have to drag both kids to drop willem off at school.
I kept trying to think myself into a better mood and I felt a little voice say to try and think about somethign that happened the day before that made me truly happy. And I thought that finishing dh's mocs made me happy. That I'm able to read a pattern and turn a skein or ball of yarn into something unique and useable is really something that amazes me everytime. Then I thought about how enthralled the boys were yesterday at the aviary when we sat in the atrium and watched the toucan and then hawk fly overhead from trainer to trainer. And Willem's face when he fed mealworms to the african something or other bird was priceless. I just keep trying to remember those happy, bubbling up happy, feelings and knowing that my present circumstances are just that. Present. And they will pass. And my profession can wait for me, that I'll be there when the kids are ready. And I will have my house... sometime. But my kids will only be this enthralled with the little things for such a short time. I need to force myself to stop being so selfish and engrossed by my own discontent and see things as being truly beautiful. The way I used to when I was their age.
#67 of 243 Old 12-07-2007, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amy* View Post
My heart's desire is that Brynn will never know anything but the feeling of being loved and treasured by us. I am so grateful that I had a daughter, because mothering her heals me every day.
I totally feel you on the whole mom thing, you know. And, i totally have the same sense of healing that mothering my daughter brings. We can overcome our lack of nurturing mothers; our crap relationships with our mothers do not have to prevent us from being great moms! You are an inspiration to me and all of us. You are so intentional with Brynn and how you love your family plus take care of yourself. You are real and honest and keep a great sense of humor and fun. I love being a mama with you, Amy.

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#68 of 243 Old 12-07-2007, 04:49 PM

You all have made me whole week, really.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming:

:Happy Birthday, Noah Sage!!!:

We miss you around here, SoulJourney!

#69 of 243 Old 12-07-2007, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunter View Post
I totally feel you on the whole mom thing, you know. And, i totally have the same sense of healing that mothering my daughter brings. We can overcome our lack of nurturing mothers; our crap relationships with our mothers do not have to prevent us from being great moms! You are an inspiration to me and all of us. You are so intentional with Brynn and how you love your family plus take care of yourself. You are real and honest and keep a great sense of humor and fun. I love being a mama with you, Amy.
... maybe I need a daughter to help me with the actual feeling of healing
#70 of 243 Old 12-08-2007, 02:02 AM

Aw willemsmama, I hope you feel better soon. Maybe you should get him an intern from a local college as his christmas present -- for the OFFICE of course. A nice, unhot intern. Not named Monica. Or Bubbles.

Spughy, sometimes I feel like "don't grow up," but you know, it comes in fits and spurts. My first midwife said that that's why so many children are 1.5-3 years apart in age. The first one grows up!
#71 of 243 Old 12-08-2007, 02:59 AM - Thread Starter

Yep- apparently the most common age spacing is 1.5-3 years, but it's more common to have a 5.5-6 year gap (IOW, conception around the time your youngest starts school) than a 4 year gap over here.
Monique, don't have a girl. Come and join me in the earplug club. I love Skye to little squishy bits and there are so many things that I'm looking forward to sharing with her as she grows, but you know what? Fundamentally, she's messy, noisy, destructive and covered in mud, just like her brothers. It's possible to grow girly bits, but the princess gene is harder work and she's completely deficient. Or I am. One or t'other.
I've pretty much given up stressing about Skye growing up, tbh. She has such a total sense of how the world should be and her place in it that my role seems to be first and foremost to run interference and help talk her through the points where she's being unreasonable whilst squishing anyone who tries to tell her that something isn't possible because she's either two or a girl.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#72 of 243 Old 12-08-2007, 05:50 AM

i just wrote a long post, but it got lost in a bad internet connection

i'm too sleepy to re-type, but sending hugs to everyone, and will catch up again soon!!!
#73 of 243 Old 12-08-2007, 08:14 PM

Well, after spending an hour or so catching up, I'm finally posting!

Lydia- congratulations! Beautiful wedding pics.

Helen- I've been thinking of you with the pregnancy, and everything else you've got going on with the renovations, and FIL.

Kaspirant- the cabin sounds like a good plan! Have you seen the inside yet? I hope it all works out! I love what Spughy said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spughy View Post
Kaspirant, it seems the only reason not to do is the whole issue of adding something ELSE onto the Christmas season, and I think you'll feel better from a whole lotta sides if you ditch a big part of the food/gifts/visitation madness and just move. It sounds like a good deal. Make it your Christmas present to yourselves.
Amy- so glad Brynn's birthday was fun! I saw the blog and the pics, looks like a great time! I read your post about your mom. That is tough. I am amazed at what a wonderful and concientious mother you are, esp. considering you are learning this on your own and not from your mom's example. I have different issues and background w/ my mom, but suffice to to say I haven't been mothered, and find myself in a role of having to parent them, and lately I've been feeling the lack of a mother so acutely. She also has no idea how old my kids are...at Ezra's bday a few weeks ago she asked how old he was, is he 3??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelW View Post
I'm also slooooowly accepting the season change- we ate the very last of my tomatoes that have been ripening on the windowsill today, and the local farmer's market has moved indoors and is fully into winter vegetables. I always have a bit of denial at this time of year, since I'm a summer lover at heart.
Mel- I am missing my fresh veggies, too!! Esp. the variety of gorgeous tomatoes I got from this woman who grew them and dropped them off for me each week. Canned (from a store) is no where near as good

Monique- scary about Gabriel throwing up like that!! I'm glad he's ok!

FSM- my birth group is having a meeting about blessingways, birth art, and rituals tomorrow night so I'll let you know if I hear about anything interesting!

Ok, now for my update!

My 2 yr old is exhibiting some really typical 2 yr old behaviors! It's so funny b/c it started right on his birthday, and he is so sweet normally that you just have to laugh. On his birthday he started saying "No! Don't do that! Stop!" to everything! If you look at him, hug him, say anything to him! I know he got it from Ethan (who is not at all natuarally smiley and pleasant!)! And, now he says "nope!" to everything- when I say time to change your diaper, have lunch, go to bed, or whatever, he says "Nope! Milk."

And finally, an announcement I NEVER thought I'd be making! Those of you who are on MDC a lot may have noticed I've been posting on the July DDC...I was kind of hoping that if I had to be there, some of you would be joining me! Anyone??? I haven't told anyone IRL yet. I can't even think of how to bring it up!
#74 of 243 Old 12-08-2007, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken View Post
And finally, an announcement I NEVER thought I'd be making! Those of you who are on MDC a lot may have noticed I've been posting on the July DDC...!
OMG, Congratulations!!!!! How exciting!!

#75 of 243 Old 12-09-2007, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspaghettimama View Post
A nice, unhot intern. Not named Monica. Or Bubbles.
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:b gbounce
#76 of 243 Old 12-09-2007, 02:02 AM

Amy... where's the link to your blog? I can't find it. There was something I noticed on your Christmas wish/idea list that I was going to add to mine for the IL's and she wants it NOW. I can't for the life of me remember what it was. If feel like I've spent all this time writing an email list for her complete with links etc and I know she's probably not going to get any of it. Not that it really matters per se but I've told dh that if she gets any junk from the dollar store it's getting thrown out (or freecycled/thrifted) as soon as we get back. It's just "to give her an idea."
Anyway, gimme the link so I can remember, puleeeeeeeeeeez
#77 of 243 Old 12-09-2007, 02:19 AM

Okay, so for my third post in a row
My day has been incredible. Despite being awaken by Gabriel at 3am when he crawled in bed with me coughed and kicked for a half hour and finally asked for a banana and to go pee. I dragged myself out of bed at 8am when I heard the kids up and at 'em and dh being sleepy and impatient (seriously, with those two, patience is a fleeting thought at times, even for me). Made broccoli/cheese/onion omlets and toast. Spent an hour or two gathering more items from around the house that haven't been used or are clutter and then posted a few biggies on craigslist and ebay.
Then, I started unloading the kids' bedroom into the dining room. Literally. Like I said before, their bunk beds, which go unused, took up almost a third of the space in the room and with their beds on the floor, there was maybe a foot and a half of floor space left from the door to the dresser and around Gabriel's trundle bed. I really should have taken a before picture because it was ridiculous that they have slept in that arrangement for over a month and a half. Anyway. A few minutes into the unloading I grabbed the video camera and took snapshots of the process. I can't believe how much stuff was in their room!!! Dh took the bunk beds apart, took the unneeded parts to the basement for storage, set up the one bed as a single and put the mattress under it (to function as the trundle Gabriel is used to). We also took the shelf that was on top of the dresser off and put it down on the floor. And we took the little shelves that were stacked on one another in a corner down and put puzzles and toys WITHIN THEIR REACH. My goal is to get some sort of evening routine where they go around and pick up all their toys and then put them away before bedtime. I can now even vaccum the floor in their room. There's even an echo!!!! It's amazing. We'll be able to hang the spider plant that Willem has been wanting in his room by the window too! I'm so glad dh finally decided to help me (the bunk beds are waaaaaaaaaay to heavy for me to deal with alone). And he begrudginly agreed that my idea was for the best. I should post pics.
Man, am I nesting? Yes. Because this entire place needs to be thorougly decluttered and reorganized before this baby comes. I need to feel more at home here and with the clutter that we have going on I just don't.
After the whole kids bedroom ordeal (I have an overflowing box and a few piles around the box of stuff to get rid from their room), we got dressed up and took the kids to their adopted grandparents house and then went to a neighbor friends Christmas party. I got all fancied up in knee boots and a glittery top and short skirt. Everyone kept commenting on the pregnant chic with the high heels, lol. I'm suffering for it now. I felt really great about myself and dh, of course, thought I was hot (I guess the black thigh highs helped too). The hostess commented (she's the play group mom in the neighborhood) on how I always look great even though I'm pregnant and it really made my day, considering how crappy I've felt about everything HAVING to come to me second hand etc. Ironic.
Anyway, hopefully things are moving along and I'm out of my funk. Sorry if this is all over the place and scattered. It is after midnight after all.
#78 of 243 Old 12-09-2007, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
She has such a total sense of how the world should be and her place in it that my role seems to be first and foremost to run interference and help talk her through the points where she's being unreasonable whilst squishing anyone who tries to tell her that something isn't possible because she's either two or a girl.
Helen, I love this idea, and I totally feel like this is my role, too. And it's funny, I would have thought there would be more, I don't know, doing for, or keeping from, or gods forbid saving from impending danger, but really it's mostly he and I bouncing around, doing stuff, with a few asides from me now and again to let him know how the world usually works.

Mary, OMG! And Congratulations!!!! I'm working on dh, but the soonest I'd be is fall of '08, and spring '09 would be far wiser. Dh is almost there; my past two cycles have been close calls, and he's been OK with that. My charts have been totally inscrutable these past few months, though; I have a felling it has to do with the crazy night nursing, but between an unpredictable cycle and two tired, working parents, I don't think it's going to be easy.

Monique, it sounds like you had a fabulous day! And you go wich ya bad self, black thigh highs and beautiful bump!

So it's 3:30 a.m. here, and I am back up because our party was big and loud and wonderful (amazingly, I did not have a panic attack), and the silence that came when everyone left actually woke me up. I went out to sit by the dying fire with dh and debrief. (I do love the post-event run-down.) This was definitely one of those nights that I realized why people become teams--partners, couples, families, etc.--I could NEVER have pulled this off, and never would have even tried, but I grinned through it for dh, because he lives for this kind of thing, and I had a great time.

The baby, however, did not wake back up, and so is going to expect "biff-kast" at 7:30, per usual. Let me be sane and try to go back to bed...
#79 of 243 Old 12-09-2007, 05:35 AM - Thread Starter

Monique, I think I'm paying for your high heels, I think you sent your pelvis trauma vibes over here. My hip joints are on whole different planets. I'm glad you had a good day, and if you're reading this on Sunday morning then go back to bed and have a lie-in, you deserve it.

Hopefully, 10 building days to go. Please, keep sending speedy-builder vibes at me, I REALLY don't want them back after Xmas. It's world war 3 here at the moment- the weather's been foul last week and the chaps doing the floor left some boards lying around outside our back gate and our next door neighbour (the lovely one, the antenatal teacher, who comforted me through labour with the second twin back in February and who offered me her birth pool) fell over Not good.

Mary, congratulations! So, be honest, how many times have you been asked "so you're hoping for a girl this time?"

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#80 of 243 Old 12-09-2007, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Amy... where's the link to your blog?
It's here. I don't put it in my signature anymore. Have fun!

Sounds like you looked gorgeous at the party, BTW.

#81 of 243 Old 12-09-2007, 07:59 PM

Amy, thanks for that post on your blog about all the new and resurrected traditions you're observing for the holidays. I'm going to have DH read it and I think we need to sit down and figure out what we're doing as a family - because you're right, the season should have *meaning* and we're not buying presents this year either. I like the idea of donating gently-used clothing (we even have some never-used clothing, mostly for DH who receives clothing as presents and then forgets to wear it : if it's been in the closet for a year and he's managed fine without it, I figure that can continue permanently and someone else can make use of it!)

I meant to put up our (LED, energy-efficient) lights today, but the weather is SOOO miserable outside I don't really want to. Sometime this week I will! I also have to get my package off to my sisters and my mom up north. That's going to be my big expense this year - postage. Merry Christmas, Canada Post (or Air Canada, whichever is cheaper).

We went down to Port Angeles yesterday - absolutely beautiful day, bright and sunny - and Rowan had SO much fun on the ferry, just running around and playing. I just love how she brings a smile to the face of all the other passengers with her imaginative playing - going to the "store" or the "farm" and buying food, then "cooking" it... being a baby sea lion surfing over the chairs... fortunately she slept the whole way back though! It was a nice day. I love travelling with her. I so hope that she always enjoys travelling and doesn't lose her ability to entertain herself with nothing more than a few chairs and 20 feet of clear floor!

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#82 of 243 Old 12-10-2007, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amy* View Post
It's here. I don't put it in my signature anymore. Have fun!
swimming lessons... that's what it was!:
#83 of 243 Old 12-10-2007, 01:01 PM

Click here for some holiday cheer.

#84 of 243 Old 12-10-2007, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

OMG, Amy, that's both cute and absolutely mindblowingly terrifying and the stuff of nightmares. The hip movements are particularly disturbing....

Why is it that plasterers always, always, always turn up late and when they do get there, there's four times as many as you expected?????

#85 of 243 Old 12-11-2007, 01:00 PM

Hi all!

I have been brought out of my hole by little miss Amy! So sorry we've missed everyone's birthdays/birthing days! I hope they all were beautiful! Thank you for the birthday wishes, Amy! I can't believe our little ones are TWO!!! Noah Sage had a nice, simple little party at my mom and dad's on Sunday. His most prized gift is his new eukele. It actually looks quite like a guitar, not a cheesy little toy euke...it's almost as big as him! He loves the guitar (my grandfather and BF...yes...BF!...both play) and has always wanted one. He sits around strumming it with his pick, bobbing his head and begging mama to dance! It is oh so cute!

We have been so busy lately...full of life's ups and downs. I haven't been on lately because every time I have a moment to get on the computer it is always for photography reasons...editing photos, making CDs, e-mailing, scheduling, or just learning new stuff on photo forums. I went through a really busy first couple of months back in business but now it's almost completely tapered off. I've been so busy that I haven't really had time to look for more business. Speaking of pictures...KAVITA...PM me or call me back (since you are it on phone tag!) so that I can get your addy...I wanna send you those pics of your gorgeous chica! Noah Sage and I are getting ready to move into a new place that will have a shared studio space attached to it! I'm so excited and can't wait to get things rolling and try to just reeeeally focus on drumming up more business. This will also be the first time he and I have lived by ourselves and the first time I have not had a roommate in almost seven years! I'm so excited to have the time by ourselves.

And, yes...I have been seeing someone since August! Finally, over two years after splitting with Noah's dad, I finally find someone worthy of dating! He is amazing with Noah and we are getting along really well. We have taken things pretty slowly up to this point...being a nervous, protective mama bear and all.

Oh...and I, also, received my beads...beautiful surprise...thank you! And did I read that KASPIRANT is moving into a cabin in the woods in Colorado???? Where exactly? You are making long for my cabin in Idaho Springs! I sooooooo miss the woods and the mountains!

Well, beautiful mamas, I am going to get some work done and periodically come back to read through our thread and catch up. We miss you all!

:

michelle & noah sage

ps...FERN...I just read your latest blog post...If you choose Sabine for a name you will have officially used one of "my" names for every one of your children! Noah Sage would have been Amelia Sabine if he were a girl!

~peace & love y'all!
#86 of 243 Old 12-11-2007, 04:31 PM

hey mamas,

i need to read and catch up with you all! just wanted to say happy holidays!

you may have noticed by my "location" that i got a deisel vehicle and am proud to be using biodeisel after years of learning about it. we owned two cars that fit us and were paid off that it didn't make sense to get anything else. since we sold those to live abroad, we were in a place to get a vehicle upon our return. although, we'd prefer to bike everywhere! it's just not feasible. anyway, we got a jeep liberty for our growing fam and our big ass rottie. it's really the best vehicle for space, and cost that we could find with a deisel engine. it drives great and is even 4x4 so we can take it out on the beach and through the snow if i get to go to births after a storm. woo hoo! there is a biodeisel pump in my 'hood. we're looking in to joining the piedmont biofuels co-op where they deliver fuel to your house in a big 55 gallon drum.

otherwise, just decorating the tree and getting crafty for the etsy shop i really want to open. just gotta get up the nerve to take the plunge and do it. why am i so nervous? i am not a master crafter/jeweler or anything so i guess i am worried that my stuff won't be good enough. i am just making birth-related necklaces. no biggie. the pendants and beads are ones i have collected from nc to singapore and all stops in between. any tips are welcome, of course.

my babe is posterior these days; about 28 weeks along. any tips on spinning the kid around? i have read up and know it won't matter much until i am in labor and that babes turn even during labor. i would still like to hear of your experiences. i did have a dream that the baby (who was a girl in the dream) was born sunny-side up so it may want to stay this way?!

okay, gotta go read up on what ya'll are doing! huggies.

#87 of 243 Old 12-11-2007, 04:54 PM

FSM- i had a mother's blessing last time and am having one, again in a month or two.

monique- i owe you double hugs from a while back with you mom posts. sorry that it is so shitty. i do understand!

amy- a print of the sketch would be great. you can pm me about it if you want. thank you for your last pm. i browsed your blog this morn while dh and i were sitting in the bed. i gotta go back and read through about the holiday traditions. we're not doing santa claus stuff with ezra. just going to do other fun celebrations stuff all the rest of the winter. for christmas morning, we'll probably make some orange sweet rolls and oatmeal. read a book or two and then unwrap some gifts and empty stockings. we try to do meaningful, handmade gifts from either each other or local people. and, the thrift store. we bought ez a couple of things from ikea when we were up there recently. i kinda agree with jason about it not really being very honest to say that santa brings gifts. i had never thought about it that way until our neighbor explained that's why they don't do santa with their kids. i wasn't even preggo then but it stuck with me.

QoC- some people call my DH a "manny" when he's at the playground with all the other mamas these days. hopefully, it'll end for you asap.

Happy way Belated Birthday, Winter!!!

kaspirant- i used to live outside of denver and loved it. i would love to see pics of your place. we use bob's read mill egg replacer for our baking. don't know how well it would work for that recipe though.

helen- so glad that your kitchen will be done before christmas and before the babe comes. are you going to freeze meals this time? i did that last time but my fridge is dying a slow death and we may need to get a new one. the repair people said the compressor isn't worth replacing b/c there is only a 6 month warranty on it and it costs about $500. might as well get a new fridge. not to mention the renters left something bloody in it and it grossed my vegan self out completely!

#88 of 243 Old 12-11-2007, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulJourney View Post

ps...FERN...I just read your latest blog post...If you choose Sabine for a name you will have officially used one of "my" names for every one of your children! Noah Sage would have been Amelia Sabine if he were a girl!

happy belated birthday you two!

michelle, thats funny! i like sabine, im not sure if its the one though.. its so hard.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#89 of 243 Old 12-11-2007, 05:47 PM

im not due for another month exactly (jan 11th) but i feel like its getting close. im having lots of BH and lots of twingey, owie stuff in my cervix.. we aren't going to vancouver till next weekend or early next week..so im just praying that im psyching myself up and that baby doesn't decide to come "early" im not that ready yet!.. ive been madly nesting though..like seriously. ive cleaned every cupboard in my kitchen, the fridge, the freezer.. ive been baking and cooking to freeze.. ive washed and re-washed all of the tiny baby things and diapers i have and my bags are packed to go. ive been washing/cleaning house and vaccuming way more than usual, but it keeps getting undone, so i keep doing it. its madening! elwynn has a few more days of school and i dont want him to miss too much so im holding out..plus, im loving our little cozy home surrounded by snow. ill be sad to leave it *snif*

so thats my update.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#90 of 243 Old 12-11-2007, 06:33 PM

The cabin is in California still and I'll post pics when I have them. We are moving in the week between Christmas and New Year's. We have to be out of our apartment by the 3rd and start paying rent on our cabin on the 1st.

It's exhausting and exciting all at the same time.

We are moving to Colorado though...in June. I can't wait. We are hoping for the Fort Collins area but in reality we will move wherever DH gets his job.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page