Happy Holidays April05 Mamas! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 121 Old 12-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My friend IRL and MDC mama just gave birth. I won't say who because it is her news to post but I am so excited, I am doing a happy dance.
#62 of 121 Old 12-18-2007, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Yay for new babies. I sent the card off to Jess. I hope she is doing ok at home. I can't access her caring bridge site.

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#63 of 121 Old 12-19-2007, 05:07 PM

Yay babies!

Mighty-Mama's caringbridge page hasn't been updated since the 14th.

I've been digging through the archives...since Mighty-Mama joined in Sept of 2005 she wasn't in the april 05 ddc. Actually she joined just a few weeks after I did! It's a bit odd reading those old posts though... she and I started posting when Noah and Laia were 6 months old. And here Rowan is, 6 months old. I so hope Gavin gets to have his mama a little while longer (though I really really want Jess to have the health and pain free peace she deserves too).

I think that if anyone has a favorite post by Jess, or a favorite story about her, just PM them to me. And if anyone finds pictures of her from these past two years send those as well, ok?

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#64 of 121 Old 12-19-2007, 07:39 PM

Wombat-there are pics on the Helping Hands site, and there are pics on Caring Bridge. I can e-mail her Caring Bridge friend and PM Spero to see if they can get some things together-maybe some friends & families memories. OH-here are the pics on Amy/Kundalini's memorial site...some pics of Jess & Amy & bro, etc. There's a beautiful pic of Amy & Jess & families after Noah and Owen were born.

And attention crafty April 05ers...anyone who has anything on hand or can make in a 45 day time frame Dara, Sophiekat (Katheryn) and I are working on a Hyena Cart auction! If you want to donate anything and know of anyone else willing to donate, PM Sophiekat or PM me for her IRL e-mail. Share the news if you know anyone crafty!!!! It's slated for 12/28-1/4. We have a charity Hyena Cart all set thanks to Sophiekat. Avena is graciously donating some of her yummy items! If I can get my hands on a sewing machine soon I'm going to make some items as well.

Well, we are almost ready for our holiday. Dh has to work on Xmas Eve, but is off on Xmas day. We're just going to relax and probably watch movies. Gifts from family & friends have started rollign in for Andrew and he's having a blast. Dh and I are just shopping here and there and if we find something we like we get it. It's really nice doing it this way!

Yay for new babes! I'm telling you-I was very close to catching a full blown case of baby fever with little Zach here! What a cutie pie just like his sister! And that smell! Ahhh...I had baby Zach smell on my shirt for a little while-it was divine! Dara-I'm going to upload our pics and send them to you. I have a great one of your reflection on the glass of the gator habitat...looked like you were in with the gators!
#65 of 121 Old 12-19-2007, 07:56 PM

thanks ursula, I did save the ones of us at the park from your blog, those were nice! but for some reason the ones from the aquarium weren't loading when I was saving. I have a few for you too, still on the computer but not uploaded!

meanwhile I'm having a crisis with my friend, she got really mad at me and I feel awful! I posted about it in TAO if you're interested.

Dara Mommy to Gabbie (4/05) , Zachary (6/07) , and Simon (8/10)
#66 of 121 Old 12-20-2007, 12:31 AM

Caring Bridge update from tonight....
Quote:
I just wanted to let everyone know, as of yesterday, Jessica has taken a turn towards her last moments. I went there last night after getting a call with everyone unsure of whether or not she would make it through the night. I went even though I was scheduled to be there today, because I never would have been able to live knowing I didn't get a chance to tell her I loved her. When I told her, she nodded her head in response without even moving. I knew she heard me. I told her it's ok to let go. Stop suffering, find peace. I assured her we'd take good care of Jack and the boys. She made it through the night and the day. I got to see her again, another day, boy am I thankful for that. She was a bit more responsive today. Basically, she's at the point where meds are given to her through a medicine dropper. She barely talks, and when she does it's either mumbled or spoken in a very low tone to a whisper. At one point today she requested a root beer float, and a small one was made right away. Never in a million years did I think I'd ever be spoon feeding a good friend. She is definitely surrounded by lots of friends and family, and knows she is loved. I continue to pray for her to find peace. Knowing how much she's suffering is awful. The next time I write here will probably to be delivering the news of her passing. Something I never even considered I'd have to do when she battled this the first time around.
#67 of 121 Old 12-20-2007, 01:13 AM - Thread Starter

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#68 of 121 Old 12-20-2007, 11:43 AM

wombat, someone on the other thread suggested saving the posts there so Jack and the boys can read how much Jess was loved, I think that's a good idea for your book too!

#69 of 121 Old 12-20-2007, 12:42 PM

I'm so heart-heavy about Mighty. I just don't have words.

And you know, they say this is really rare but it's EXACTLY what happened to DH's aunt/mother (his mom and her sister raised their children together after divorce). She had breast cancer, beat it, it came back stage 4, she "beat" it for years, then this horrific invasion of the spinal fluid and she passed. If it's so rare why do I know and love TWO women who have had the exact same progression?

Ok, sorry. I'm just so saddened by this. I really really really wanted a miracle for Jess and her family. It's just so unfair.

Dara- yeah, that's the sort of thing I was thinking about for the book. Not the "formal" stuff but the off the cuff posts by Jess and the amazing outpouring of love from the community. Things that Noah and Gavin might want to read in a few years. Like, Noah's first thanksgiving Jess ordered a turkey from Boston Market. It arrived raw and she has a few wonderful posts where she calls Boston Market and chews them out, as well as a few desperate T-day posts asking how to cook a raw bird.

Reading through the mdc archives has given me the picture of a really amazing woman and I'm in shock that she may be gone in just a few hours or days.

(oh, and dara, I read your other thread... I hope you and your friend find a way through this time. Hugs to you both)

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#70 of 121 Old 12-20-2007, 12:56 PM

I spent a long time crying last night. I'm still just stunned at how quickly this is moving.

I know another MDC'er IRL and she just said how this is so not right. It's not. I can't wrap my brain around it. The good Catholic girl in me says that God has a bigger plan for her, but the mom in me can't understand what plan is bigger than taking care of her babies. That her family has to continue mourning their young moms. Just from info from my mom who does hospice care, I knew the timeframe...but so soon??

I think my favorite memory was way in our beginnings here as April '05 mamas and Jess was having such a hard time linking Noah's first christmas pictures (with Owen-aka Sweetpea, Amy's son). After a number of PM's she was finally able to link/upload pictures. I remember her getting so frustrated because it wasn't working for her.

That of course opened the doors to us discovering our shared love of baseball, and how excited she was to plan Noah's first birthday party-baseball themed.

I just hope that regardless of when, that she goes knowing how loved she is. Knowing that her fingerprint is on so many people, and she has helped to bring forward so much good.
#71 of 121 Old 12-20-2007, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Do you remember how happy she was to have Noah be 25lb purely off breastmilk at 6 months? He was such a cute chubbers.

#72 of 121 Old 12-20-2007, 01:02 PM

Nipples of steel award to-- MIGHTY-MAMA! Remember, he had 8 teeth then too.

And those reindeer pictures... yeah. Noah was such a cutie. (still is of course)

#73 of 121 Old 12-20-2007, 03:30 PM

my first memory of meeting Jess is when she posted that she could not take care of Noah because he was so clingy and he was having a very hard day. I totally identified because Gabbie was the same way she described him. I PM'd her because I saw she lived in NJ, as did I, and we tried to set up a time to get together. Unfortunately that never worked out!

#74 of 121 Old 12-21-2007, 12:22 AM

Hi everyone...my name is Jessica and I am an extremely close friend of Mighty-Mama. As many of you know, it is truly an hour-by-hour situation with her right now. We are all just praying that her pain is managed and that she goes peacefully. This is the most painful thing I have ever experienced. I was talking with her husband last night and let me just say, she is one of the luckiest women in the world to have known such real and true love from someone that is so devoted.

In any event, I have not heard any more news this morning. More than likely she will not live to see Gavin's first Christmas. This whole situation is just devastating. I hope you don't mind me intruding on your thread. I feel like I'm going through withdrawal from not being able to really be around/talk to my friend in such a long time. Her pain medication has made her really tired and distant this past month so it feels like an eternity. Jess and I are really close and I am donating breastmilk for her baby, so even though my baby was born in July, Jess and I were pregnant at the same time and shared so much of that experience. I feel like Gavin will always have a piece of my heart as he has so much of my milk . I am going to drop off more at lunchtime today (about an hour and a half from now) and will give you all an update when I return.

Thank you all for all of your prayers and for posting on her webpage. I know it means the world not only to Jess, but also to Jack and her boys.

I posted this on the September 07 page and one of the other MDC mama's led me here...I hope you don't mind my intrusion. I saw Jess today and if you care for her at all you will pray for her peaceful departure sooner rather than later. Her spirit isn't here anymore and what is left is just devastating. She is in so much pain. Please keep her in your prayers for God's mercy tonight.

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#75 of 121 Old 12-21-2007, 12:51 AM
Banned

Hi Jessica. Thank you for the update, you are not intruding at all. I am so sorry for what Jess is going through and I truly hope she finds peace soon. Can you do us a favor? Give Noah and Gavin a hug and a kiss from all the April 05 mamas.

#76 of 121 Old 12-21-2007, 01:07 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for your update Jessica....we all really apreciate it. I am so glad that mighty-mama has such good friends IRL.

#77 of 121 Old 12-21-2007, 01:37 AM

thank you for posting here Jessica.

#78 of 121 Old 12-21-2007, 03:35 AM

Thank you for letting us know.

Ursula, I do have stuff I will donate. I'll try to PM you or sophiekat tomorrow with more info.
#79 of 121 Old 12-21-2007, 09:19 AM

Good morning everyone...if you can call it that. I write this in total disbelief, but also with thanks and peace when I tell you that Jessica aka Mighty-Mama passed away this morning, 12/21, at 1:45 am. I can't believe she's really gone. My heart is absolutely broken into a million little pieces. I promised her I would make sure here babies were ok and I will. I will tell them how there is the most beautiful angel in heaven looking down on them and that is their mommy. No child should have to go through this. I am so devastated, angry, overwhelmingly sad and at the same time so relieved that she is not suffering anymore. I saw her yesterday and told her it would be ok. Now I know that it is.

Thank you to everyone for your continued prayers. Please considering donating to her family foundation (link is in my signature). They are very much in need.

Peace and love be with all of you and your families today and always.

I will hug those boys so tightly when I see them today and give them all your love.

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#80 of 121 Old 12-21-2007, 11:01 AM

Thank you.

Be easy Mighty.

(I just sent everything in my pp account to the foundation...it wasn't a lot, and there was no place to leave a note, but I know every little bit will help and since I can't be there to cry in person...)

#81 of 121 Old 12-21-2007, 12:41 PM

I hurt my back last night, but was drawn to the computer this morning. Now I know why....

Jessica-thank you very much for stopping in and letting us know. I think we all share your sentiment. I think everyone here is stunned and in disbelief. We will be holding an auction to help out with the foundation as well, if you haven't headed there yet go to the helping hands site in my sig. And please keep us updated if there are any needs that Noah and Gavin have.

I just want to hug those babies so much right now. I'm so glad that she is no longer in pain. What a sad, sad day.
#82 of 121 Old 12-21-2007, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Rest in Peace Jessica. We love you.

#83 of 121 Old 12-21-2007, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

Another post to say....everyone here should PM babygrant. She is doing a wonderful project for Jessica's babies and it only costs a couple of dollars in supplies.

#84 of 121 Old 12-21-2007, 08:18 PM

Is it the quilt? I'm clear out of paypal but will find a way to participate in that...

May you all find warmth and peace on this longest night, and bright blessings of happiness with the return of the sun.

#85 of 121 Old 12-21-2007, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

Yep its the quilt. No paypal needed. Just find 2 square pieces of cotton and decorate them (1 for each boy) then send to babygrant.

#86 of 121 Old 12-21-2007, 11:52 PM

Wombat-I sent an e-mail on babygrants behalf through Helping Hands. No PP needed. Such a beautiful thing to do. I have a feeling they'll have some big, amazing blankies full of love.

I am still stunned. Andrew and I lit a candle for Jess, Jack, Noah and Gavin...it's odd, but I had to blow hers out-all others went out on their own. Andrew helped me raise the light and prayers to her-he was so sweet. I have hugged and kissed him so much today...often wishing that Noah and Gavin could feel the hug.
#87 of 121 Old 12-22-2007, 01:09 AM
Banned

I will be sending babygrant fabric. What will people be decorating it with, marker? I know nothing about cloth.

Today a good friend of mine had a baby boy. Second baby in our circle this week and I am glad he is here safely and healthy. He is absolutely beautiful! Hearing about Jess, well, it is awful to think that she should be celebrating her boys but she cannot. Her baby is only 4 months, that is just too short a time to spend with him but so is 2 and a half years.

Tonight I was too emotionally exhausted to cook so I went to Whole Foods to pick up dinner. As I was walking out the door I told DD she had to stay home because she was naked and eating yogurt and she asked me if I was ever coming back. I think I said 'of course' a little too loudly. I cried the whole way to the store, it is surprising I didn't get in an accident. It breaks my heart that Jessica's parents have to bury another daughter, a man lost his partner and two more very small children lost their mother. Not to sound trite but I hope they find a cure for this horrible disease soon.
#88 of 121 Old 12-22-2007, 02:47 AM
Banned

The other emotional part of my week...

When my friends told me they were due this week and next, I realized that it was the same due date as a baby that I lost a long time ago. I kinda went into a funk thinking about it, especially since I had not thought about it in a long, long time and I realized the baby should be a teenager - 15 to be exact. Yesterday was my due date. It is complicated because I always planned on giving the baby up for adoption. I was a teenager who had a tumultuous life at the time and I knew my life didn't work for a baby. Yet I still loved the baby. About a year later I filled up a journal with poems, letters and drawings about my feelings and buried it in my flower garden. My hope was all of my negative emotions would dissipate into the earth and that did seem to be the case until this year.

Sometimes I wish I could see into alternate universes where things that happened here didn't happen. I just want a glimpse into the world that would be. YK?

DD and I went for a walk and saw a shooting star. I hope that is a good sign for things to come.
#89 of 121 Old 12-22-2007, 03:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland42 View Post
The other emotional part of my week...

When my friends told me they were due this week and next, I realized that it was the same due date as a baby that I lost a long time ago. I kinda went into a funk thinking about it, especially since I had not thought about it in a long, long time and I realized the baby should be a teenager - 15 to be exact. Yesterday was my due date. It is complicated because I always planned on giving the baby up for adoption. I was a teenager who had a tumultuous life at the time and I knew my life didn't work for a baby. Yet I still loved the baby. About a year later I filled up a journal with poems, letters and drawings about my feelings and buried it in my flower garden. My hope was all of my negative emotions would dissipate into the earth and that did seem to be the case until this year.

Sometimes I wish I could see into alternate universes where things that happened here didn't happen. I just want a glimpse into the world that would be. YK?

DD and I went for a walk and saw a shooting star. I hope that is a good sign for things to come.

I too lost a babe a long time ago....(11years) at a time when I was not ready for motherhood. I didn't grieve it for a long time....I was pregnant with ds and had a m/c scare for me to really realize how important pregnancy was to me. I completely understand your feelings.

#90 of 121 Old 12-22-2007, 11:37 AM

I think we all need this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page