March '06 mamas, it's December! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 12-14-2007, 05:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone, it's been way too long since I saw a March 06 thread!

Meade is Mr. Talk -- seriously probably has 500 words. Our challenge is getting him to be active -- we take him to the park to try to get some exercise and all he wants to do is swing. He's such a couch potato and wants to read books ALL THE TIME at home. He's also super into dolls. I want to get him an anatomically-correct boy doll for Christmas -- anyone know a good source for one that's not too expensive? We're also giving him the IKEA train set for Christmas, which he'll love, I'm sure. Not sure I'll love it all over the floor in our tiny house, but I'll deal if it will occupy him!

Let's see, indoor activities (although the weather has been really nice here, too): Lately I've started letting him "help" with some cooking, and he loves that. He mixes his breakfast egg with a whisk, and helps to make wraps for DH's lunch, and we did a calzone together last week. Oh yeah, and he likes to spread butter on toast (really badly, though). I got him a little art table off Craigslist and he loves to paint -- not crazy about crayons, but loves painting (of course, he loves the messiest activity!) He also loves dancing and singing (I'm a music teacher, so he doesn't have much choice). That's the most active he'll get -- dancing during music classes (I teach a few mom/baby and mom/toddler classes, and he comes with me). He's just started to sing snippets of the songs, and is really into nursery rhymes. I never really appreciated nursery rhymes until now, but they are absolutely perfect child-sized stories that are tailor-made for beginning talkers!

Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 39 Old 12-15-2007, 07:38 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#33 of 39 Old 12-17-2007, 12:05 PM

Yea Im gonna go ahead and bump this back up.

One of Scarletts first words was "giraffe" but she said it like "jee joo" . We only knew what she was saying because she pointed towards the giraffes. Then this week she started saying "jee joo wah".. and now its "Joo wah". I love watching her words progress and develope like that.

She was sick last weekend, so we were watching Shrek quite a bit. Now, she likes to say "oo didn say da dagon!?" (you didnt slay the dragon!?) Funny girl.
#34 of 39 Old 12-17-2007, 01:45 PM

We love Shrek!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#35 of 39 Old 12-17-2007, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mary, I totally agree about nursery rhymes! We have a wonderful CD with tons of nursery rhymes and their tunes. I love knowing the tunes because now I can sing them when we read the nursery rhyme book. Ivy can fill in the last word on most lines of nursery rhymes now. She isn't really saying most of them on her own. "Humpty Dump" is a favorite, though. "Humpty dump wall, humpty dump fall."

Smalls, I can relate to your comments on language development. Ivy used animal sounds instead of animal names until very recently. Today we were watching the Laurie Berkner DVD and she identified the actual animals in Pig on Her Head! That was a big milestone.
#36 of 39 Old 12-17-2007, 07:52 PM

Hi! I haven't posted to a ddc thread in a looooooong time. My twins are doing well - each is developing at their own pace. F is my talker, although he still only says 1 word at a time and they almost all sound the same (you really have to know what he's saying). R mostly points & grunts. I do wonder if he has a speech delay but am trying not to stress on it (my oldest dc has delays). F is a big boy - he's about 33 lbs nude - and R is about 22 lbs. They're super cute! Here are recent pics:

R - 20 months
F - 20 months

They're both still nursing - F is a big comfort nurser and pretty much stays latched all night. R is more of a hit & run nurser. Not sure what else to say about them - they're just super cute & I love them to death. Oh, and they try to kill each other every day. That's loads of fun!

It's fun to hear about everyone else's LO's!

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
#37 of 39 Old 12-17-2007, 07:54 PM

"Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" is a fave here.

Except in her world it's - tinkle, tinkle, up up up!

#38 of 39 Old 12-21-2007, 02:33 PM

Bumping for all the March mom's who may not have seen this.

#39 of 39 Old 12-23-2007, 10:57 PM

Hi mamas,

Congratulations to all of you expectant mamas! And I'm so happy to read about all the little ones, and how they're doing. Sounds like everyone has happy, busy little people running around.

Fenix and Furie will be 2 YEARS OLD next Tuesday!!! Freaky! They are exploding with words now, after being somewhat late to talk. Their new ped just had them evaluated for ECI on Friday, and the therapists decided that the girls are fine and don't need any actual interventions. They are still a little small for their age, but mostly caught up with their peers.

The girls like to "sing" and dance; love animals, and Animal Planet; love to "read" and be read to; love to draw with anything they can get their hands on...they still nurse 2 or 3 times a day, but are getting too busy for that morning feeding these days.

I quit my job and took them out of daycare a couple of months ago because they were sick more often than they were not. They were in the hospital, one right after the other, and I decided that the miniscule amount of money I made from the job wasn't worth it. So I am broke, but they are MUCH healthier. I just focus on them and school.

Their dad visits them, and they look forward to seeing him. Things are still tough - ILs still playing mind games with me . I started seeing a new man, someone I have been friends with for 11 years, so he's not a complete stranger. He LOVES the girls, and they love him, and he's really nice to all of us. And he's been a single father, so he knows how all of that goes. Within a week of us seeing each other, he and his son went trick-or-treating with us - something the girls' father couldn't be bothered with last year. So he's already pretty involved with the three of us.

I hope you all have a wonderful and safe Yule/Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanzaa/Otherwise unspecified holiday season!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page