Size 4T or bigger cotton, one-piece zipper or snap pajamas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 12-15-2007, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dd loves her one-piece cotton pajamas, but now that she is growing out of them, I am only finding fleece or polyester one-piece options. Or, they are all too small. Anyone know where I can find cotton pajamas that are all one piece and having zipper or snap front? We are looking for size 4T or even size 5. Thanks for your ideas!
#2 of 13 Old 12-15-2007, 09:26 PM

Would Hanna Andersson work? I'm not sure what their largest sizes are in their zipper PJs. But if they have some in a larger size, and if they're over your budget, try eBay for some gently used Hannas. Best PJs ever. They last for ages and most are made of organic cotton.

Otherwise I think you're going to have to go the longjohn style route. Even then, I'd still go with Hannas if at all possible. I love their clothing. It's the most well-made clothing for kids I've ever found.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#3 of 13 Old 12-15-2007, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighten View Post
Would Hanna Andersson work? I'm not sure what their largest sizes are in their zipper PJs. But if they have some in a larger size, and if they're over your budget, try eBay for some gently used Hannas. Best PJs ever. They last for ages and most are made of organic cotton.

Otherwise I think you're going to have to go the longjohn style route. Even then, I'd still go with Hannas if at all possible. I love their clothing. It's the most well-made clothing for kids I've ever found.
I have searched their sight, and, unless I am missing something, they only have the one piece pajamas up to size 3T. Can there really be no cotton one-pieces over size 3 ???? I can't believe it!
#4 of 13 Old 12-15-2007, 10:48 PM

BabyGap (and probably Old Navy) sells them up to 5T.

Do you need one piece ones? My kids both do fine with two piece ones. Dd especially needs all cotton (when she doesn't decide to sleep in her clothes!), and I can get 2 piece all cotton ones from a variety of makers (Carters, Gap, Hanna...). I do buy almost all my pjs from Ebay.

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
#5 of 13 Old 12-15-2007, 11:51 PM

The only ones I've seen that are one piece for older toddler (including the Old Navy site -- but they might have cotton untreated ones in store?) are polyester or fleece and treated with flame retardant chemicals.

I'm not sure they make cotton ones for that size, honestly. :/

You might have to go with longjohns, unless you're okay with the chems.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#6 of 13 Old 12-16-2007, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighten View Post
Would Hanna Andersson work? I'm not sure what their largest sizes are in their zipper PJs.
I've been asking around about this same things. My 3 yo (who's wearing a 4/5T) doesn't use a blanket so I want her to be warm.

So - what I've come up with - Target. I just bought them for her and ds who's wearing 18mo. They're OK so far. Not sure how they'll wear with time.

Oh - re the Hanna Andersson idea - the zippered PJ's go up to 90 I think which is way too small for a 4T. Also I LOVE them but they don't have feet.

I do also want to try the GAP ones as they seem to be pretty good quality. (Hoping for sale!)
#7 of 13 Old 12-16-2007, 01:48 AM

We have a Gap pair, and a Sprockets pair.
#8 of 13 Old 12-16-2007, 03:34 AM

I just got some 4t cotton pjs at Target, though they came in a set with a flannel pair as well.

Darcy mama to Dillon, Marah and Leo, partner to Jeremy
#9 of 13 Old 12-16-2007, 01:01 PM

We have 5T snap one-piece PJs from Old Navy and zipper ones from babyGap.
#10 of 13 Old 12-16-2007, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone! I think I will find what we need at BabyGap (or maybe get lucky on ebay). My dd does wear two-piece jammies also, but she just loves her hand-me-down one piece (with no tag inside, so I don't even know who made them!). She is bursting out of them because they are now so small! Time to go shopping!
Thanks!
#11 of 13 Old 12-16-2007, 07:00 PM

I have some cotton, footed, zippered PJ's in size 4 from Steve and Barry's. I think they were $7 each. I can't remember what size they went up to.
#12 of 13 Old 12-16-2007, 07:06 PM

I think the Children's Place has them that big. I think their sizes in those run a little small though because they're not fire retardant-treated and are supposed to fit tight. Look in the stores if you can though, I don't think they have them online.
#13 of 13 Old 12-17-2007, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cushy View Post
I think the Children's Place has them that big.
Sadly, I think they only have them up to 3T.

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page