Happy New Year, November 05 moms! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 303 Old 01-22-2008, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think today is carpet day for Fern, rather than baby day?

So far, we're having one of THOSE days. Missed the bus, walked to school and halfway there Isaac sat on the pavement and just sobbed his heart out because he's so fed up with school, and always being the smallest in his class, and nobody playing with him and everything I have a horrible feeling that homeschooling is back in my future- or flexischooling, anyhow. He really needs the 1-1 attention, or at least to be able to work in a small group, to be able to do really well at school, and his marks have dropped since he started at Greenmeadow (though it's a good school, and Alex is doing well academically.) If anyone has any bright ideas, I'd love to hear them.
And yes, I know I'm 38 and a half weeks pregnant and this really isn't the time to think about this :
Midwife appointment, everything's fine, Skye got very excited about the birds and the rats that we saw on the way to the surgery- apparently rats are cute bunnies : then we went shopping and had an impressive haul in the local charity shops. A new vintage knitting pattern and two wool sweaters for felting from one shop for 1.10, and two wool sweaters, a pair of the most fantastic flannel pyjamas that I'm going to destroy and remake and some wooden toys- drum, xylophone and fire engine- for a fiver. Oh, and a pair of dungarees for the bean as well. I'm sure they're horrendously unenvironmentally friendly, but I do like Osh Kosh stuff on babies : So I'm very happy. That's the equivalent of about 12 dollars, but not in terms of buying power. I'm going to get pictures up on the blog once I go and see if Feb DDC has any new babies...

Oh, and I got the midwife to check my cervix this morning (though it hurt enough that I nearly jumped through the window- no idea why.) Apparently I am dilating, so it's not spurious labour (the British term for prodromal)- it's EARLY labour. But it could still be 25 days. Nice, huh?

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 303 Old 01-22-2008, 03:53 PM

helen, you were so right.. strawberryfields in having or has had her baby.. so im next right? and yes, today is carpet day, but if i do happen to go into labor i can have the baby downstairs where elwynn was born, so its all sorted out anyways. not like im that lucky or anything
im still feeling like ill be pregnant forever.

ETA: yay, dilation!! i wish you could have some of my painless dilation though.. its really quite nice! i see my midwife and im anxious to see what the last 3 days of predominal labor has brought me..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#183 of 303 Old 01-22-2008, 04:18 PM

It's not painful, exactly- it just feels like my uterus is in constant motion. It's weird. Oh, and Amanda (strawberryfields) updated- everything started stalling out when her waters broke :

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#184 of 303 Old 01-22-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amy* View Post
We were talking last weekend about how much more challenging it is to raise a child without family close-by. How many of you live near your families (or have close friends who help as much as family would)? How much help do you feel you get from family? I honestly think that if we lived closer to family who could provide some help just in terms of watching Brynn on a regular basis, we'd seriously be considering having another baby. I have been noticing which families seem less harried, and almost all of them live near family, or I guess can afford regular childcare in some way. Sometimes I wish we had just said to hell with and had moved to Austin when Jason was job-searching, but we didn't - so we are here for the time being and just have to make the best of it.
We live about 45 minutes away from Allison's mom (we moved out from her place about 2 months ago now). She has Keagan one day a week while Allison has doctor appointments to attend. They go to the indoor park, the library, swimming, etc. Keagan LOVES grandma days. We love it too. Honeytree - you were mentioning no one had ever watched Woody. Keagan has been with Grandma one day a week (about 6 hours most weeks) and other than that one of my friends watched him one time for 2 hours and another friend watched him once for an hour and a half - and neither one of those would have happened if they had not been emergency situations. Other than that Keagan spends his days with Mama Allison while I am at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
I'm 7 DPO. Come obsess over my chart with me:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1b2c81
Eeek! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

And hang in there Fern and Helen - it won't be too much longer (no Fern, you can't be pregnant forever )

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
#185 of 303 Old 01-22-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
it's EARLY labour. But it could still be 25 days. Nice, huh?
yeah, really nice, considering it's probably gonna happen to me too. It's hard not being there to co-miserate with you on this one Helen. Because as miserable as you may be now, that'll be me in about 7 wks and you'll already have your baby!!! and more a pity me thing on my end than anything.

Fern, I hope that your baby stays in until the carpet is all done.

So today was one of those days for me too. I fell outside of Willem's school while holding Gabriel. Total freak of nature that I am. No reason, my ankle just gave way and down I went. Five or six people came running up to help me up and help me and Gabriel to the car. Luckily I didn't fall on my belly. Sorta rolled onto my knee and elbow instead. I totally trashed my favorite (and pretty much only pregnancy compatible) pair of ankle boots. There's a huge gash in the leather on the right foot now from scraping up against the concrete. Gabriel is fine, he was pretty shook up though. My ankle was worse for the wear and I have a huge scrape on my knee. I went straight to the office and Chris took good care of me. I had all kinds of therapies rigged up on my ankle and knee. Ice, ultrasound, stim, and cold laser. Forgot to do my elbow so that's the only part that will probably develop a bruise.

That's what, the fourth time I've fallen this pregnancy.

Oh, then as I was getting ready to leave the office to go get the car to pick up Willem (dh said he'd drive because it started snowing and he didn't want me falling again), I dumped my bottle of water on the office computer!!!! Ran home (well, in the car, the whole block away) and grabbed my hair dryer. I still don't know if I totally spizzed the whole system or if it's okay.

I'd like to join in on the marriage discussion but I'm so out of it. Sigh. And blissfully content at the same time. These pg mood swings are so weird and mellow.

Check out this pic I dug out. It's from the day after Gabriel's birth...

#186 of 303 Old 01-22-2008, 08:26 PM

Oh my gosh, Monique! I'm glad you are OK and didn't get too seriously hurt. That is so scary. That picture is beautiful, BTW.

Helen. I don't even know what to say! Tell your uterus to get with the program!

Y'all, I have to really confess something to you. It's been brewing for the past 6 months, more seriously for the past few weeks, but I think I am starting to get a serious case of baby lust! ME! What the heck?

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#187 of 303 Old 01-22-2008, 10:55 PM

Quote:
I think I am starting to get a serious case of baby lust! ME! What the heck?
I've been getting that vibe from you and have watched you deny it for some time
#188 of 303 Old 01-22-2008, 10:57 PM

dh reports that the office computer is fine. Most of the water splashed into the back of the monitor so it was wonky for a while but he fixed it.

Phew.
#189 of 303 Old 01-22-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willemsmamma View Post
I've been getting that vibe from you and have watched you deny it for some time

Heh heh, yeah that!!

My own personal belief is that once Brynn starts sleeping through the night consistently, nursing less, and being a bit more independent and less Mommy-centric (ie, not being "the baby"), Amy will be knocked up within six months!! :
#190 of 303 Old 01-23-2008, 01:51 AM

Amy, i have been getting that vibe, too, and i am excited that you are admitting to it and facing it!!!

and gunter, i think it was you who asked if i was planning something by lurking in uc...i am still planning/hoping to postpone getting pregnant for another year or two, in lieu of my career hopefully developing (although i do have very obvious, strong physical cravings/lust)...but, for unknown reasons, i have been reflecting a lot on my birth experience with finley, and learning and reading and asking questions about alternatives. i still have not written my birth story, and i intend too soon, and i will share it with you all, if any of you are interested in reading it. i cannot believe how uneducated i was, though, going into finley's birth, how much i was in ignorant bliss! my birth was actually relatively quite lovely, but...but...

fern and helen, hang in there! i am thinking of you both daily, anxiously wondering how things are developing. helen, the dilating news is very exciting, i must say. (as are your scores at the thrift store)

monique, what a scary day and fall!!!!! i am relieved everything is okay. and gosh, that picture is so gorgeous! what an incredible moment, and what a beautiful baby.

alicia, feeling any better??

as for the family nearby/marriage conversation...we do have my husband's sister in town. it has been AMAZING having her here. we probably get a date about once every other week, sometimes every week, depending on her schedule. and we try to connect in the evenings, although it can be hard, because we are either tired, or trying to get things done. we are luckily both night people, though, so it isn't as hard as so for you guys, amy, being morning people. on the other hand, i am often absolutely wiped at night, and can only manage to read in bed once finley's asleep.
now that we are becoming used to our "dates" (which are always in the afternoon, by the way. haven't ventured into nighttime babysitting), we feel so far away and miss each other when we have gone too long without one...cause it is just so great to be able to relax and connect in that way, and just have fun with each other.

i am off to do some writing, although i should be doing chores and house to-do's. i am the queen of procrastination.

hugs to everyone!
#191 of 303 Old 01-23-2008, 07:05 AM

: to you guys too.
And I'd just like to point out that I came here before I went to stalk SF . Today is a duvet day, I'm knackered. My uterus has been quietly removed and left on the naughty step to be ignored (and if you're trying to visualise this, don't ask the awkward question of what I did with the baby boy. It's a metaphor) and I'm going to sleep and resew a wonky curtain. Queen of Cups, I'm not. Then this afternoon we're going out for a walk up and down a big, BIG hill.

Monique I'm so sorry about your fall, and your boots, and everything. Have you got a good cobbler you can take them to?

Amy, a pink baby, huh? It's about time- just have fun trying, and don't take it too seriously.

#192 of 303 Old 01-23-2008, 07:09 AM

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...=833361&page=3

#193 of 303 Old 01-23-2008, 07:39 AM

yay SF!!!!!!!!

barcelona - of course i wanna read your birth story!!! I love that pic too. I've been such a moaner and complainer lately I was looking for inspiration. Sigh. there is a beautiful baby in there and I will get to meet it in the right time.

Right now it's 4;30am and I've been up for an hour. Got up to pee and eat (a grapefruit) and couldn't go back to bed without getting online first. Now Gabriel is awake too (he stumbled to his potty and removed his dipe so he could pee too) and refuses to sleep sans mommy. We all have to be up and at the office by 9ish so that dh and I can have a phone conference with our consultant. That's gonna be intersting with two boys and a portable dvd player that doesn't work (thanks to dh leaving it where Gabriel could reach it and Gabriel deciding to "watch" the insert to a signing times cd (paper).

I'm still hungry and tired and won't be able to go to my own bed now (dh, pg me, and gabriel just don't fit)....
#194 of 303 Old 01-23-2008, 11:37 AM

Monique, I just wrote the first three chapters of my birth story I know normal people don't serialize their birth stories, but normal people don't spread their labours out over the full nine (ten? Please, not 42) months either. I figure there's not enough true prodromal birth stories out there on the internet either...

#195 of 303 Old 01-23-2008, 11:50 AM

touche Helen, touche.
#196 of 303 Old 01-23-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willemsmamma View Post
yay SF!!!!!!!!

barcelona - of course i wanna read your birth story!!! I love that pic too. I've been such a moaner and complainer lately I was looking for inspiration. Sigh. there is a beautiful baby in there and I will get to meet it in the right time.

Right now it's 4;30am and I've been up for an hour. Got up to pee and eat (a grapefruit) and couldn't go back to bed without getting online first. Now Gabriel is awake too (he stumbled to his potty and removed his dipe so he could pee too) and refuses to sleep sans mommy. We all have to be up and at the office by 9ish so that dh and I can have a phone conference with our consultant. That's gonna be intersting with two boys and a portable dvd player that doesn't work (thanks to dh leaving it where Gabriel could reach it and Gabriel deciding to "watch" the insert to a signing times cd (paper).

I'm still hungry and tired and won't be able to go to my own bed now (dh, pg me, and gabriel just don't fit)....
Laughing about the DVD thing--the appliance death toll is mounting over here as well. After last previous bout with the modem, this past weekend I got out of the shower to find Ella putting a pancake into the VCR!!!! Luckily the thing still works, although it is a little wonky now, understandably!!!
#197 of 303 Old 01-23-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavita View Post
Laughing about the DVD thing--the appliance death toll is mounting over here as well. After last previous bout with the modem, this past weekend I got out of the shower to find Ella putting a pancake into the VCR!!!! Luckily the thing still works, although it is a little wonky now, understandably!!!
how exactly do you get a pancake in the slot??? Gabriel doesn't get into nearly as much as Willem did. It will pass... and you'll get to get new appliances/electronics for the next baby to destroy. This is why dh believes in cheap stuff until we're past the danger zone!!!!!
#198 of 303 Old 01-23-2008, 03:04 PM

Helen, great thrifting scores!

And yeah for SF. I'll nr following the birth order to see if Helen's predictions are right...

I (so far) don't have an appliance killer. She had a small cd player in her room that I'm amazed is still alive, but that nothing serious has happened to. In fact we just un-childproofed a little and brought another bookshelf and cd case into our living room. So far they're not too disturbed. Now I'll be cursed to find all of our books on the floor and Neela climbing up the shelf any day now

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#199 of 303 Old 01-23-2008, 03:57 PM

this is off topic,
but yesterday finley, dh, and i tried to do a family yoga video together. it was our first trying, and i think it was just too close to bedtime to try, cause finley just kept asking for "milk mommy"...i might try again today in the early afternoon/when i know he's not ready to sleep.

but that reminded me that i forgot to answer your question, honeytree, about yoga. i have never seriously done it with finley, though i have tried. every time i do, i get frustrated, because i want to really practice, and i just give up and laugh and it's sort of a tumbling session, like you said, with finley adorable climbing under, through, and over me. so, i was going to a class, religiously, once, sometimes twice a week. but, the class was at 6:00, which no longer works, since finley is going to sleep earlier (sans nap). oh, what to do?? i guess i need to figure out a way to do it at home, but it is so much harder for me to be disciplined and get a hard work out when i'm alone. if only i had queen of cups' focus and diligence!

monique, good luck with the dvd consulting meeting! yikes!!! hope it's smoother than you could have dreamed
#200 of 303 Old 01-23-2008, 04:14 PM

Killian does yoga at school and LOVES it, but I've never tried it with Ellie. I haven't been doing yoga much lately, been doing mostly high-impact stuff because it burns more calories, but once I've finished loosing the weight I want to I'll have to reincorporate it, I do find it very relaxing and doing it right before bed helps me gear down and fall asleep easier.

Two big news items this week for us:

1- We have now gone pacifier free. I feel like I'm a super-crappy-mom because Killian was still using a paci at night, as was Ellie. But we've now done two nights without any pacis and the kids have done just fine, haven't even been asking for them. So much nicer!

2- I got all my hair cut off! You can see one pic of it in my siggie, and here's one of me and Ellie this morning - we somehow have ended up with the same hairstyle! Just please don't tell me its cute, I'm so sick of hearing that that I was seriously regretting cutting my hair yesterday, I felt like I'd been downgraded from having gorgeous long hair, to just "cute." But its been a nice change, I've never had short hair before. DH loves it!

BTW, Amy I've been waiting for you to admit to your babylust! I feel like you're going to have a little boy someday, actually...

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#201 of 303 Old 01-23-2008, 05:14 PM

Q of C, I think your hair is beautiful, truly. It shows off your face so nicely. I am a big fan of short hair, and I go through two year phases, growing it out, then chopping it off. I think short hair can be gorgeous, again, showing off the face, and your face really glows. You are so pretty. And Congrats on going paci-free!

Thought I'd report that Finley and I just did the yoga video again, while he was up, and he loved it. He didn't do that many of the poses with me, just a few, but when he did, he was LOVINg it. When he wasn't doing it, he was very interestedly watching me and the video. It was so fun! I'm so glad it worked out, and now I have at least something I can do to get back in shape.
#202 of 303 Old 01-23-2008, 05:23 PM

I am starting to feel better...but I've a long way to go to feel *good* again.

As far as the marriage questions go. I feel like newlyweds is such a subjective word...but for us, it hasn't been a year yet...though we've been together nearly 3. We are still in the baby stages of marriage by all means. However, we made the decision on our trip to San Diego after the wedding...that *every* vacation we take is our honeymoon We love to laugh together, to talk and to share. I don't see that changing anytime soon. Our fights (arguments) have all been more like discussions than fights...which is a breath of fresh air for me as my parents screamed and threw things when they discussed anything. My first marriage was much of the same. I was belittled, screamed at, thrown things at (vacuum, recliner...the list goes on) came home one day to find all *my* things on the front lawn...I yelled then...more to be heard than anything. But I don't know..we don't...we haven't...and I pray we never get there.

We have had hugely in depth discussions about an *AP*marriage. We spend so much time being attached to our kids that we feel our marriage deserves the same respect and effort we put in to how we parent our son. I do know there have been times DH has pointed out to me that I have spoken to him in ways I would *never* speak to Jacob. He's right. I am working on not doing that. I find when I do it's when I have an expectation that he as an adult should know better...Jacob being 2 just doesn't know better...but that doesn't give me the right to talk in that manner to him.

We have a hugely open communication relationship...a conversation at 2 am last night comes to mind. We get angry...but we deal with the anger by discussing and sharing and coming to a place we can all be at in a peaceful manner. This has been SEVERELY tested at our house in the last month. I have been SO ILL...and pregnant on top of that. My hormones are out of control...I have been a pill to live with. My job is horrible. But none of that is an excuse. It sure has been trying though.

That's why we are going OUT tomorrow. We are SO stinking excited about seeing WICKED. I *LOVE* the story. I can't wait to see the play. We have awesome seats and we got a killer deal. It will be the best anniversary present EVER *even if it is a few months early.

The side story of the marriage/family questions...We DON'T live near family and we WON'T. My family is as far from AP as you can possibly get. I love them, we love spending time with them, but we are EXTREMELY grateful for the continent between us. (North Carolina to California) We *want* our kids to know and love their cousins...but we are not interested in them being around the kind of environment that the homes have. Jacob was bit by his cousin who was 1 at the time. He had her toy, she wanted it. Her mom (my sister) SCREECHED at her ran over to us and grabbed her with such force she started screaming and BIT HER TILL SHE BLED. NO thank you. I love my family...but that's not the *help* I need.

DH's family...Oy vey. We love them, but again, in small doses is MUCH healthier for us. Just after Jacob's first birthday we were visiting. MIL took us to get Jacob's one year pictures. On the way back he was fussing. We deduced he had a dirty diaper. She refused to stop so we could change him...we had to continue 20 minutes down the freeway with him screaming in discomfort because she wouldn't stop for the 5 minutes to change him. She finally stopped in a grocery store parking lot for me to quickly change him in the car because the screaming was too much for her. I was bawling by this time. She didn't take the time to pull into a space just behind parked cars. She then had someone want out and pulled the car with my door open and Jacob out of the seat out of the way of the car I was LIVID> We got him changed and 5 more minutes down the road he started crying again...he was now hungry and needed to nurse...I had not mastered nursing in the car at this point and asked her to just drop me off somewhere...SHE WOULDN"T DO it...why? what was so important that she wouldn't stop for us to do this?!?! A manicure.

So we can see the wonderfulness of having family close...but are seriously grateful that ours isn't close to us.

We haven't had much problem with the electronics...but then we don't have a DVD player, TV, VCR or anything like that. We have the laptop and it's put away when not in use...the desktop isn't even set up right now and when it is it will be in the downstairs where the kids don't go so DH can do his school work in peace. I can see though if we had those things how they would get abused...

I bought newborn dipes today *yay* I'm so excited. We have a dozen or so prefolds, some proraps, some other random covers and 16 kissaluvs size 0. I'm so excited. With Jacob we did a diaper service, so I don't have newborn dipes.

MIL offered to pay for a postpartum doula...I think I'll take her up on it. Now I need to find one...

Okay I need to get back to the mountains of paperwork.

*hugs* mama

PS Barcelona...we are planning a big snowday for Jacob in February..you should come too. Here's the link...let's email and come up with some dates if you guys think you'd enjoy it too. http://www.alpineslidebigbear.com/snowplay.html

This place is a just a jog away from our new cabin so we could go play and then come back to the cabin for some crockpot soup...yum. Email me...
#203 of 303 Old 01-23-2008, 05:59 PM

Another fan of Jen's hair: but I'd kill for cheekbones like that.

Monique, I'm not trying to be snide about the birth story, honestly: I'm just very conscious of the fact that this birth has lasted 355 days for me so far, and the story isn't over yet. The twins gave me some big gifts, accepting that what will be will be and sometimes what I think is best isn't, in fact, what's right: and then at some point I have to start thinking about the role that letting go of the miscarriages had in creating our little miracle and the power that my mind has. And if I'm honest, I don't wanna do that. It's scary.

Kaspirant, I wanna snowday too Can you build a snowman for Skye and send us a picture? I don't think we're getting any of the white stuff this year. It's not fair, I thought California was meant to be hot

Skye loves the idea of yoga, but I haven't been doing it that much. When we watch the boys yoga class, though, she always tries to join in.
Oh, did I mention her latest words? "I'm funny" and "not fair..." Everything, every time she gets redirected we get a big look and a "not fair." Except, of course, for the occasions when she wants to eat a whole chocolate cake by herself. THAT's fair...

#204 of 303 Old 01-23-2008, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Y'all, I have to really confess something to you. It's been brewing for the past 6 months, more seriously for the past few weeks, but I think I am starting to get a serious case of baby lust! ME! What the heck?
Why aren't you pregnant yet?
#205 of 303 Old 01-23-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
Kaspirant, I wanna snowday too Can you build a snowman for Skye and send us a picture? I don't think we're getting any of the white stuff this year. It's not fair, I thought California was meant to be hot
That's what I LOVE about living in the mountains here. We get snowdays but can still drive down to the beach and it's not *that* cold. How awesome is that..??!?!
#206 of 303 Old 01-23-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
Why aren't you pregnant yet?
Ha!

It's just not the right time for us now, for many reasons. We are both very pragmatic. I'm a planner. We want to be sure that making such a huge decision will be financially responsible for our family. We are just now regaining our footing from Jason's career change and our move, and then buying the house. Sure, it would be fun to just follow our impulse and say "Let's do it now!" but I don't know that we would like the consequences. Right now it's important to us to have a growing retirement account, college savings for Brynn (not to mention tuition for Waldorf, which isn't cheap), and other such things. I have lived too much of my life poor to want to go back to not having options.

And from the physical and emotional side of things, I need to be sure that I have the support to keep my head above water before I take that leap again. Things are finally starting to feel a bit easier with Brynn (on the good days) and as Kavita pointed out, she is still *very* mommy-centric. I know that pregnancy is 9 months and even if I were to get pregnant now, she'd be three before a baby would arrive and things will be different by then....but I need a moment to catch my breath before imposing it all upon myself again!

And I've actually really started feeling lately that I would like to go back to work part-time, so throwing a pregnancy in now would kind of foil that whole idea for another few years.

I told Jason I would consider becoming pregnant as late as 36 - *maybe* 37 - so I've still got two'ish years (I'll be 35 this June); I think that is a large enough window to decide if it's what we really want. And I haven't gotten to the spiritual feeling that a child is waiting for us to hop to it, ya know? I feel like that is a really important factor. So we will probably shelve it until Brynn turns 3, and then see where we stand. But I will admit that I've taken a mental inventory of all of the baby stuff we still own (lent out to various friends), including my maternity clothes.

And I have to say that I was both surprised and amused that you all seemed to have picked up on this vibe before I did! (You all know me too well.) I guess I was in a bit of denial about it for all of the reasons mentioned above. And yes, Jen, I totally see myself with another girl. I can't even imagine a boy - that seems so weird!

Kaspirant, I hope you have a marvelous and romantic and fun date tomorrow night!

Jen, I really like your hair cut. It is a totally different look for you, but very pretty (I wouldn't say cute). And I totally understand about having the same haircut as your daughter; Brynn and I have had the same haircut since she was born!

No post from Fern today, eh? Hmmmmm.......

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#207 of 303 Old 01-23-2008, 08:29 PM

i tried to post but the computer ate it..

no baby. im taking the verbena& castor oil tomorrow at 5am..so ill post an update if it works.. its the same thing that got ngaio coming..what is with me and these 42 week babies??!!

jen: your hair looks beautiful. you are stunning!

amy: you.baby lust? no way. i knew it would happen though. i knew it!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#208 of 303 Old 01-23-2008, 09:02 PM

Hee, I'm borrowing a baby right now to see if I really do want another one! Actually, I just agreed to look after my downstairs neighbour's (not the one who got screwed by my gym, the further-downstairs one) 4-month old baby girl. Who is lying on the floor being amused by one of those dangly-toy things that never entertained Rowan. Cute! She is making very adorable noises, her mama has been gone nearly an hour now and she hasn't pitched a fit yet, so this might work. Previously her mama was taking her with her to work (she teaches piano) and someone else was watching the baby while she was in with students, but that apparently was not working at all. Fortunately she teaches on the afternoons on which I CAN look after her with no problems, so it just seems to fit, and I could use a bit of extra money.

Fern, good luck - if you have 42-week babies, you have 42 week babies. My mom was like that. It's just the way you are, I'm sure there's a good side to it somewhere.

Jen, your hair looks lovely. Very feminine and sophisticated, I wouldn't have thought to call it "cute" if you hadn't said it! But it's not short. My hair is SHORT - the long bits are about 1 1/2" now, more than a month after it was cut. But I'm growing it, I'm glad the colour's all out but I like being able to scruff it back into a ponytail so I don't need to have a shower in the morning. :

Off to do more kitchen purging...

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#209 of 303 Old 01-23-2008, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spughy View Post
Fern, good luck - if you have 42-week babies, you have 42 week babies. My mom was like that. It's just the way you are, I'm sure there's a good side to it somewhere.
The good side is that you have fat, healthy, fully-cooked babies .
#210 of 303 Old 01-23-2008, 10:02 PM

Helen is in need of our love and hugs and support.
Prayers going up for you!!

bah...just realized this sounded like something worse happened....

She just needs some serious LOVE right now!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page